Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2024, 12:06   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am suprised they did not change your spark plugs and air filter at 20k interval.
My bad the plug change interval is 40k or 4 years and not 20k kms.
Old 10th March 2024, 13:07   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Can the offline maps be updated? I had once the opportunity to use the offline navigation as google was acting up. It was very precise and even showed which service lane to go through for which google maps failed to highlight properly. I actually was going in the wrong direction using google and was not sure so I switched to offline maps and it directed properly to my home set point which has been saved in the car's SD card.
I managed to update the inbuilt offline maps for my Swift. I think having a inbuilt navigation is a good idea as on long drives it may not be good for your smart phone to be connected to the charging system for 8 to 10 hours at a stretch.

The current version of the map is as below.

Worm: sd2-Suzuki-SLN_IND_Update8 v4

DT-Title: India Update DC

Project-Bez: Suzuki SLN India 2023 Update

Below are the steps to update the offline map. You will need a few things for the update.
1. PC/Smart phone.
2. SD card reader to be connected to PC/Smart phone.
3. Serial no of your head unit.
4. Chassis no of your car.

1. Take out the SD card from the navigation unit of your car.
2. Goto the link below and enter all details. You will need your car's chassis no.
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...ch-us/map-home

Maruti Swift : Official Review-main.png

3. Enter the navigation unit's serial no which found in settings of the home screen of the head unit. Post sometime it will generate a zip file which you need to download and keep.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-mapcare.png

4.Connect your SD card to your PC/Smart phone using a SD card reader or any similar device and take a backup of all the contents to be on the safe side.

5. Make sure the SD card read only mode is off (there is slider, slide it up as in my case) and format the card making sure the backup was already taken before.

6. Post format extract the contents of the zip folder to the SD card drive. Make sure the contents is extracted at the root and only the below folders should be visible. If your SD card reader is mapped to F drive then the folders should like as F:\CRYPTNAV & F:\TOLLFREE. No other folder should be there in F:\.

Name:  folder.png
Views: 229
Size:  1.5 KB

Once we are done make the SD card to read only mode and insert the card in the head unit. Once the car navigation initializes you can see the updated version.

Before.
Maruti Swift : Official Review-before.jpg

After update.
Maruti Swift : Official Review-after.jpg

To think of it I was going to approach the dealer to get this done for me. God only knows how much they would have charged for this. I was told at the beginning the Sd-card costs 8k.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th March 2024 at 15:50. Reason: As requested
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 00:16   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Worst fuel efficiency I got was around 12KMPL and best of 25KMPL which included ghat drive. In city most of the time FE has been around 14-16KMPL. In 19 months of ownership, car has visited service center 3 times for periodic service and once for light change which was damaged by a minor accident. Overall fuss free ownership so far.
14-16 KMPL is pretty decent, I get about 13 max mostly 12ish during city drive & mostly that is what its used for. My vehicle is 21 months old and frankly I find the FE to be on the lower side. I even complained to Maruti Suzuki as initially the FE was even lower 11-12 KMPL.

The 1.2L engine was supposed to be frugal. I was expecting around 16-18 KMPL, any idea why such low FE?
Old 21st March 2024, 08:49   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post

The 1.2L engine was supposed to be frugal. I was expecting around 16-18 KMPL, any idea why such low FE?
I think 12KMPL is pretty good in city. You can easily get upwards of 16 on highway drives. Fuel efficiency can vary depending on driving style, traffic conditions and few other factors.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 10:13   #515
Team-BHP Support

I had got my Swift 1.2K ZXi+ 5 years back, but, never drove it on highways for over 100 kms. Thanks to elections & SUV's being targeted, I took the wheels of this to drive some 275 kilometers one way over this weekend. My Swift had barely done 30K over past 5 years.

Initial 50 kilometers, I had to recalibrate for the flighty feeling because of the build quality, so I was cruising a bit slower (still faster than most traffic), but had not gained confidence. Crossed Siliguri and drove to the hills & jungle area.
While coming back, gained some confidence & had some fun, if I drive it more, will change tires to 195's and maybe get some damping done. But, it was fun in its own way, while return, I was alone, could have as much fun as I could, safely.

On few occasions, after 5K RPM, I observed the engine / ECU trying to rev-match, I do this, but had not done so on those occasions. While returning on flat 2 lane highway I was having a blast, though somehow, brakes, plus, the light feel was diluting the experience.

No pictures, sorry, instead, a small dashcam footage of the drive

Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 18:38   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I had got my Swift 1.2K ZXi+ 5 years back, but, never drove it on highways for over 100 kms. Thanks to elections & SUV's being targeted, I took the wheels of this to drive some 275 kilometers one way over this weekend.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=1SNeJ3MKyLI
I drive the same year-made Swift MT as yours and I agree with your criticism of the car. However, it is still quite fun to drive. I changed the tyres to Yoko Bluearth and the difference in handling was night and day. I'd suggest you go for the tyre upgrade as the 5 year old rubber must have hardened by now, greatly affecting the overall driving experience. It will be totally worth it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks