Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2018, 10:52   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I wrote an e-mail to MUL stating the facts. .
The circus is not ending here. Guys from the local dealer have resorted to blatant lying.

Here is the screen grab.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-untitled.jpg

Dear moderators, please feel free to move this post to a dedicated thread/new thread if you feel like
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 06:54   #47
BHPian

Very detailed review. Nicely put on the points on where it differ from baleno. If someone still has a slight confusion on swift or baleno, this would bring clarity and one can pick based on his priorities. Crisp and clear.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:57   #48
BHPian

Excellent review with every single detail one can get out of a car.
The all new swift is a very good car for the current market, but its design is a straight Yea or Nay. It is definitely a nay for me as I own an outgoing model, and have many reasons to not pick this new car. Older versions of swift look heavy and well placed on the road, I can’t say same about the new one. Build quality is another concern for me. Anyway, if I still have to pick a Swift-ish car, I will go for the bold and beautiful Dzire.
Old 23rd April 2018, 22:27   #49
BHPian

I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the entire nose section of the Dzire with that of the Swift. This would be helpful if we decide on getting rid of all that chrome on the Dzire's pout.

Technically it should be easier then most other updates.
Old 24th April 2018, 14:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible to replace the entire nose section of the Dzire with that of the Swift. This would be helpful if we decide on getting rid of all that chrome on the Dzire's pout.

Technically it should be easier then most other updates.
I think it's possible by changing the bumper along with the grille and fog lamp housings of the dzire with that of the swift.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 16:55   #51
BHPian

Nice review there. Rated 5 stars. The new Swift does look great in the new avatar. I wasn't expecting it after seeing the new Dzire which looks quite hideous to me from the front, no offence to the owners.

The new Swift has actually worked upon its previous flaws (read: Rear space, boot space, features/infotainment) and now looks like a more complete product, thereby keeping the FTD quotient intact. The all black interiors looks sporty as well.
Old 26th April 2018, 08:02   #52
Team-BHP Support

My issue got resolved. Link

What a gem this 1.2 petrol engine is. I was stuck in a jam and naturally, I shifted to 1st and continued. There was a small gap and I accelerated a bit to be slowed down again and then there was too much engine braking and that is when I realized that I was in 1st, amazing.

On another occasion a 1.3 MJD wasn't allowing me to pass, came an open stretch and I simply flew, the engine note turns raspy and is a delight, I am loving a naturally aspirated manual transmission petrol engine.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 09:22   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What a gem this 1.2 petrol engine is. I was stuck in a jam and naturally, I shifted to 1st and continued. There was a small gap and I accelerated a bit to be slowed down again and then there was too much engine braking and that is when I realized that I was in 1st, amazing.
The K12 has always been a gem, and over successive iterations, Maruti has silently upgraded and improved various facets of its. Have been driving the earlier ben Swift for 6 years now, and every time i rev that sweet engine and snap through the gears, it brings a smile on my face.

No turbo- no fancy electronics- no huge power surge- nothing but a good old NA engine with a nice steering and gearbox combination. The simpler pleasures of life are always the best!
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 11:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The K12 has always been a gem, and over successive iterations, Maruti has silently upgraded and improved various facets of its. Have been driving the earlier ben Swift for 6 years now, and every time i rev that sweet engine and snap through the gears, it brings a smile on my face.

No turbo- no fancy electronics- no huge power surge- nothing but a good old NA engine with a nice steering and gearbox combination. The simpler pleasures of life are always the best!
Very well said Sir. K12 is an absolute wonder.
Slightly OT here, but from the profile picture and as mentioned by you, it appears that you drive a Swift VVT Previous Gen. Just wanted to ask about those Alloys on your Car. The look Awseome. . Which brand are they and how much did they cost you?
Old 26th April 2018, 13:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerCarver View Post
Very well said Sir. K12 is an absolute wonder.
Slightly OT here, but from the profile picture and as mentioned by you, it appears that you drive a Swift VVT Previous Gen. Just wanted to ask about those Alloys on your Car. The look Awseome. . Which brand are they and how much did they cost you?
They are Lenso Samurais. I put them on within the first week after the delivery of my car, way back in 2012. My profile photo was taken on the day these were installed.

However, I believe the same alloys are still available in the market with any reputed alloy wheel dealer. As far as I recollect, they were about INR 25K for a set of 5 alloy wheels in 2012.
Old 30th April 2018, 04:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Talking about the large size dead rest, I recently bought a Mazda . the head rests are so big that i have to recline the seat to take them out.
Old 30th April 2018, 09:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Enthusiasts have moved on, is it? Once an enthusiast's car and now just another Maruti?

It has been eight days since the official review went online on 19th April 2018 and we are on 4th page. The 2nd generation Swift's review went online on 27th September 2011 and before the day ended we were on 8th page!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-2017-a-8.html

With each generation the car seemed to have lost enthusiast following.

PS: Not talking about sales here. Only the enthusiast fan following.

Last edited by Sankar : 30th April 2018 at 09:16.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2018, 09:31   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Enthusiasts have moved on, is it? Once an enthusiast's car and now just another Maruti?

Only the enthusiast fan following.
Not sure what's the reason but the POLL in the below thread should give us some answer why this thread isn't witnessing the activity it should have in the first place.

Swift vs others (Maruti Swift vs the others)
Old 30th April 2018, 09:37   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Perhaps DZire has spoilt the Swift's party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Not sure what's the reason but the POLL in the below thread should give us some answer why this thread isn't witnessing the activity it should have in the first place.
All said and done, the Swift will top the sales charts, regardless of what polls say.
Old 30th April 2018, 09:49   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
All said and done, the Swift will top the sales charts, regardless of what polls say.
That's natural sir. It will happen come what may.

"India definitely comes home in a Maruti!"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks