Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2018, 06:19   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I am looking for 3D floor mats for the swift. Any pointers?

Also, has anyone fitted the arm rest ?

I got one fitted on my Swift Dzire at JC road in Bangalore. Cost me about ₹2000 - steep but was exactly what I was looking for. This was a no-bolt solution - just made it rest over the rear AC bent. Comes with a small storage option for dark glasses or wallet.
Old 31st December 2018, 10:51   #197
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Drove the new Swift Petrol MT over the weekend and boy oh boy, the car is fun!

As an owner of second generation Swift petrol, I could feel the throttle response has become sharper at lower RPMs which make it such an easy car to pick up speeds after a speed breaker and close the gaps.

Steering response, though has become lighter than the previous gen, but still gives adequate feedback. It doesn't feel dead at all and the new flat bottom steering is such a joy to hold. I made my friend remove the pathetic steering cover which he got installed and I'm sure the one which comes on ZXI and upwards must feel even better due to the factory stitched leather cover.

Front seats gives great amount of feel and the side bolstering kind of hugs you around. Guys, please don't go for seat covers right after the delivery even if you get them free with the car. Feel these lovely seats in their stock form and then decide. Fabric seats keeps us cool as well compared to the artificial leather seat covers which everybody goes for.
I thoroughly enjoyed driving the Swift with seat height at the lowest level. I would have loved if we could set it at even a level lower.

The instrument cluster looks sporty and even more from the passenger's point of view. I would've loved if Maruti had retained the temperature gauge.

Regarding the plastic quality inside the dash and door pads, it doesn't feels cheap like the outgoing model at a glance and feels better build. The older one feels more plastic-y, while this one felt a bit upmarket especially over the dashboard. But the plastic fades color pretty fast and should be taken care of in a proper way. The older car's plastic didn't fade as early as this one.

In a nutshell, I thoroughly enjoyed driving this car around and won't be hesitating to put my money on it, If I need a petrol manual hatch.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2018, 23:44   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchitya View Post
Hi,

I own a Zxi petrol version of the new swift. Of late, the clutch becomes a little hard and makes a noise(like something that needs lubrication?) after driving for a while. What do I look for as a possible cause? Thanks.
Got second service done. Service Adviser acknowledged the issue, and mentioned there was a company circular mentioning the fix as well. Paraphrasing him: "Grease in the release bearing could have hardened. We cleaned it out and re-greased the part". Apparently this is a permanent fix, and I should not be seeing the issue again. Clutch feels light now, probably equal or better than when the car was new. Leads me to think if long periods in the sun in the dealer's stockyard could have caused the problem. Will update the thread if issue resurfaces.
Ruchitya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 15:39   #199
BHPian

Anybody has any idea whether it is possible to replace swift's monochrome MID with Baleno's colorful one? Would love to try out a DIY in spare time.
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:50   #200
BHPian

To all the swift owners here, especially to those who travel frequently with 5 on board, do you folks face any issues with ground clearance?
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:56   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
To all the swift owners here, especially to those who travel frequently with 5 on board, do you folks face any issues with ground clearance?
I've taken 5 with luggage once between Bangalore and Ramanagara and 4 with luggage a couple of times over bad roads and some high road humps. No GC issues so far, but I've always been aware of the low GC and have driven accordingly.
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:35   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
GC numbers on paper do not look the best, however because of the stiffer suspension setup, I have not faced any major issues.

Yes I did managed to bottom out the car on full load, on 3 occasions (in last 10 months ownership), but such instances have been few and far between..
Old 7th January 2019, 23:47   #203
BHPian

Came across a few rumours of Swift RS launching soon (March/April??). Any concrete information regarding the same? I'm seriously considering it as a replacement for my Figo D (2010).
sechebe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 01:14   #204
BHPian

Can anybody confirm if the LED projectors can be bought as an accessory and fitted to a lower trim?
Old 9th January 2019, 06:19   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
Can anybody confirm if the LED projectors can be bought as an accessory and fitted to a lower trim?
You cannot buy it as an accessory but certainly pick it up as a part from a MGP store.

Before this you need to evaluate on the fitment and how easy or difficult it is - Retrofit without much ado or upgrade the related wiring harness etc.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2019, 12:20   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj_RD View Post
I don't think you can retrofit these. I would assume they are linked to the ECU so that would have to be changed as well. You would have to buy the after-market non MGP accessory as and when available which would be standalone.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 16:40   #207
BHPian

Suzuki Swift launches brand new Attitude Edition in the UK

Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20190119165730_twitter.jpg

Suzuki has announced a new special-edition version of its popular Swift hatchback called the Attitude.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20190119165823_twitter.jpg

Quote:

Based on the entry-level model, the newcomer adds a range of styling upgrades in a bid to appeal to younger buyers.

It isn’t the first time the Japanese brand has tried this strategy, having released an Attitude version of the old Swift back in 2012.

As with that car, the 2019 model is designed to offer youngsters some of the styling of a hot hatchback without the thirsty engine or the massive insurance premium.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20190119165802_twitter.jpg

Highlights include 16-inch two-tone alloy wheels, carbon-effect skirts and a rear spoiler, but you also get front fog lights and a sportier mesh grille with a chrome surround.
Maruti Swift : Official Review-screenshot_20190119165844_twitter.jpg

Source
Old 22nd January 2019, 11:24   #208
BHPian

Booked a top end Midnight Blue Swift ZXi+ AGS. We've been looking for an AT car to replace our 2011 Ritz VDi for the wife. The car will be used 100% in the city. Test drove Ignis, Baleno, Swift, i10 Grande. Baleno was too big for her use. Ignis didn't impress her with the looks. We had to choose between Swift and i10 Grande. It didn't take much on her part to notice the smile the Swift put on my face during the TD, and the choice was obvious.

Dealer is ABT, Guindy and the current wait time is about 30 days.

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 22nd January 2019 at 11:25.
Old 27th January 2019, 23:42   #209
Senior - BHPian

What if the key fob fails? eg; gets damaged. Is there a skeleton key to open the door and start the car?
Old 28th January 2019, 01:10   #210
Senior - BHPian

I fixed a pair of fog lamp garnishes on my ZXi Swift and was happy with the decision. Cost me a reasonable 900 bucks for the pair at my Suzuki dealer and i think it enhances the front facia too.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift : Official Review-.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks