Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 23:15   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
If you loved the steering of 1st gen swift, you're definitely going to hate the current model. It is completely devoid of any feedback, feels very artificial and has a very poor return-to-center action (and I find this totally annoying).
The first gen which I own is devoid of any safety features and I have had a few pretty bad skids. The main feature I miss is the ABS.

That is why need to replace it. I still love to drive it thou but not during the rains.
Old 25th August 2019, 00:21   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I also inquired with them if they have a shark fin antenna instead of the old fashioned stick antenna and they confirmed they have none. I wanted the shark fin as it easier to cover the car as the stick antenna gets entangled while pulling off the covers.
Hi Sumeet,

How is the tuner reception with the new shark fin antenna? Same as before, better or worse?

Regards,
SS
Old 25th August 2019, 08:15   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Sumeet,

How is the tuner reception with the new shark fin antenna? Same as before, better or worse?

Regards,
SS
Hello Suzuki San, I have not replaced the antenna yet as there is no authorized accessories for same. My service advisor did mention that as long no wire is cut warranty will not be void but it will classified under un-authorized fitments, however I have let it be and not taking any chances as I have purchased 5 year warranty for the car.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 11:41   #274
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got an arm-rest fitted on the new Swift? I sorely miss having one.

Amazon has a wooden one but skeptical as it seems to eat into the gear lever space.
Old 29th August 2019, 12:29   #275
BHPian

Having a strange issue with my 2nd gen swift, left side ac vents are throwing cold air while the right ones aren't, car was serviced two months back with the cabin air filter replaced. I'll be taking the car to service tomorrow, any heads up would be nice regarding the problem.
Old 12th September 2019, 22:31   #276
Senior - BHPian

Doug DeMuro reviews the Swift. An interesting perspective. It's a Mexico-spec car with the Boosterjet engine.

Last edited by blackwasp : 12th September 2019 at 22:33.
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 22:38   #277
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Doug DeMuro reviews the Swift. An interesting perspective. It's a Mexico-spec car with the Boosterjet engine.
I think he made a mistake in the lights, they look like LEd units to me.

Also this car had 6 airbags and rear disc brakes. Other than that he mentioned road noise was well controlled which was a surprise.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 00:48   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
I just came here now to post this and you did already

Doug is one of my favorite reviewers out there. I really like his kinda satirical yet funny way. Seems like he liked the engine name "Boosterjet" the most. BTW our review is like a Bible when compared to this.
vijayshouree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 12:52   #279
Senior - BHPian

After a one-two hour drive I find the reverse gear a bit difficult to engage. Yesterday when I came back from office after tasting 2.15 hours of Mumbai traffic I tried to slot the car in reverse (MT) while parking it was not engaging. I then moved the car a bit ahead and then tried then it worked. I had mentioned this issue to my service adviser during the second free service and they claimed to grease the gear shifter etc. Anyone facing same issue? Wonder what the issue could be?
Old 14th September 2019, 13:36   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing same issue? Wonder what the issue could be?
Try doing this. You slot the gear in reverse and while releasing the clutch, you find that it has not engaged properly. Now, don't go back to neutral, just press the clutch completely and press the gear lever into reverse firmly(which is already in reverse). Now, it will get engaged. This works for me every time when reverse gear doesn't get engaged on the first try.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 08:22   #281
BHPian

Hi, is yours a diesel? If it is then it's a common issue. I drive a Ritz diesel and after 50k Kms I started facing shifting issues from 2-1 and reverse. I've heard it's synchros have some play but not sure if they have any solution for this.

Quote:
After a one-two hour drive I find the reverse gear a bit difficult to engage.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 09:23   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, is yours a diesel? If it is then it's a common issue. I drive a Ritz diesel and after 50k Kms I started facing shifting issues from 2-1 and reverse. I've heard it's synchros have some play but not sure if they have any solution for this.
It's a petrol done just 6.4k kms. It does not happen all the time but does happen usually after a min hour long drive.
Old 19th September 2019, 10:29   #283
BHPian

My extended family are looking for a replacement of their 2008 Swift Petrol which has done nearly 85k kms. It has been a fuss free ownership in the last 11 years with good support from Maruti after sales service. It has some leakage issue and they have suggested to rather sell the car than repair it.

We documented our requirements and checked out few cars in the market.

Fuss free ownership for a period of 10 years minimum. Must be petrol and no mandate of being a manual or auto. Max budget is 8 lakhs + resale value of our current swift.

Below are our thoughts on it.

Honda Jazz has come on top of our wish list with the supreme ivtec engine and the space it offers.

Baleno / Glanza for it being great brands and BS6 engines

Swift : Last option because of the built quality. No doubt on it will be a hassle free ownership but just that it feels very flimsy and not so safe anymore.
Moreover, unlike the previous gen swift this one looks tinier and slicker. Diesel ones are still a bit heavy but petrol one is next to paper weight on roads.

Please help with feedback of Swift ZXI plus manual with regards to keeping it for a decade.
Old 19th September 2019, 13:36   #284
BHPian

Does the Swift Petrol (ZXi+ or AMT versions) come with the Smartplay studio system and BSVI engine? Please confirm.

I have the same question for Ignis as well.

Last edited by NFS2024 : 19th September 2019 at 13:38.
Old 19th September 2019, 17:11   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
My extended family are looking for a replacement of their 2008 Swift Petrol which has done nearly 85k kms. It has been a fuss free ownership in the last 11 years with good support from Maruti after sales service. It has some leakage issue and they have suggested to rather sell the car than repair it.

We documented our requirements and checked out few cars in the market.

Fuss free ownership for a period of 10 years minimum. Must be petrol and no mandate of being a manual or auto. Max budget is 8 lakhs + resale value of our current swift.

Below are our thoughts on it.

Honda Jazz has come on top of our wish list with the supreme ivtec engine and the space it offers.

Baleno / Glanza for it being great brands and BS6 engines

Swift : Last option because of the built quality. No doubt on it will be a hassle free ownership but just that it feels very flimsy and not so safe anymore.
Moreover, unlike the previous gen swift this one looks tinier and slicker. Diesel ones are still a bit heavy but petrol one is next to paper weight on roads.

Please help with feedback of Swift ZXI plus manual with regards to keeping it for a decade.
Have you given thoughts to Elite i20? I felt that is far better than Swift. Please take a TD and check if the seats are comfortable for you. The interiors are generations ahead of Swift and ride quality is also very good. Highest model Asta has nice airbags option for safety.
Jazz is good but I am against their service interval of 6 months compared to other's 1 year. Also it is expensive to maintain for sure.
Baleno/Swift are both "tin ka dabba" in my opinion as far as the build quality is concerned. During my TD, I found Baleno's suspensions were horrible for rear seats.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 19th September 2019 at 17:13.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks