Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 09:06   #451
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have spent ~13,xxx kms with my April 2018 Swift ZXi+.

And, I am extremely disappointed with MUL's flimsy build and thin paint quality. A slight nudge anywhere and there is a dent and a paint scrape. Yes, this is India and I have been driving for close to 2 decades now, but, yet to come across any other car brand which shows so many scars, even the Gen 2 Swift's build and paint is noticeably better.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5284763 (Why the heck will Maruti-Suzuki not fix its defective & dangerous steering behaviour?)

Apart from this, there is a noise coming from the water pump belt. I have sent the car twice for the same issue, they tightened it & have sent the car back.

It was reported on 25th March for the first time (attached invoice) and was resent on 19th August for the exact same issue (invoice attached). They again tightened it, but the noise is back & audible from yesterday.

I request Maruti to end this circus & provide me with a resolution.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Swift : Official Review-img_1298.jpg  

Old 10th September 2022, 12:46   #452

I plan to upgrade my 2018 Swift ZDI AMT tires with upsize 195/60 R15. Did anyone upsize, and if yes, what is the ride comfort experience?
Old 12th September 2022, 21:11   #453
BHPian

I took delivery of my August manufactured Swift VXi AMT. The test drive car ( which I drove in April) had Idle start stop system. In my car I found that there was no such button on right side below steering to switch it on / off . I called the Sales person and he checked with someone internally within company and he informed that idle start stop system has been removed from newer swifts. Can some one confirm?
Also how to switch off ESP( just for checking purposes) because when I click that ESP button, I do not see any ESP off notification on dash board. Just want to make sure it’s working done
Fine!
Old 13th September 2022, 11:34   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
.. Can some one confirm?
Yes, Along with the introduction of CNG models, MSIL has discontinued the idle start stop system from Swift.
Old 13th September 2022, 11:42   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
I took delivery of my August manufactured Swift VXi AMT. The test drive car ( which I drove in April) had Idle start stop system. In my car I found that there was no such button on right side below steering to switch it on / off . I called the Sales person and he checked with someone internally within company and he informed that idle start stop system has been removed from newer swifts. Can some one confirm?
Also how to switch off ESP( just for checking purposes) because when I click that ESP button, I do not see any ESP off notification on dash board. Just want to make sure it’s working done
Fine!
Try a long press of ESP button, should switch it off. But why would you want to ? Deletion of idle start/stop is a welcome move.
Old 13th September 2022, 22:08   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Try a long press of ESP button, should switch it off. But why would you want to ? Deletion of idle start/stop is a welcome move.
I tried long pressing of ESP button. I just want to check it, hence.
Old 2nd November 2022, 21:35   #457
Senior - BHPian

4500KM update
Got second free service done today. I doubt if the service center did anything other than wash, which was surprisingly done well. Was charged 200RS for hygiene kit, which I believe is their way of collecting washing charge. Car surprisingly has munched decent miles, majority of this came from City driving. Recently took car for 200KM drive and was quite fun especially in Manual mode. Engine has enough grunt to keep up with cars on highway unlike the Kwid we had. Brakes are good and stops without any drama. It was quite fun pushing through corners. Engine has a sweet note beyond 3.5-4K RPM. The lightness is felt, which doesnot inspire confidence to push the car beyond certain speed, Engine and dynamics are capable though.

Beater car, awesome Bangalore weather, butter smooth road(Blore-Tirupati)- we rolled down window glass, enjoyed fresh and crisp air while cruising happily at 80-100KM/Hr. Return journey was with AC on in full blast though, as temperatures started spiking. Bridgestone Ecopia are noisy but offers decent grip and ride is quite good too. Car deserves a 195 section Michellins though. Got overall FE of 23KMPL as per MID which should translate to 21-22KMPL.

We stopped at Hallimane for breakfast. While food was decent nothing special. Not having Vada in menu for breakfast on a Sunday is a crime!
On return journey stopped at RK's which as usual served good food.

Maruti Swift : Official Review-pxl_20221030_050216750.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 2nd November 2022 at 21:36.
PrideRed is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:37   #458
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Brakes are good and stops without any drama. It was quite fun pushing through corners. Engine has a sweet note beyond 3.5-4K RPM. The lightness is felt, which doesnot inspire confidence to push the car beyond certain speed, Engine and dynamics are capable though.

Car deserves a 195 section Michellins though. Got overall FE of 23KMPL as per MID which should translate to 21-22KMPL.
That light feel . Even when I know, I would be cruising on smooth tarmac, I don’t take the Swift out, it is just too apparent which becomes a deterrent and unnerving. Be wary of even minor bumps (which happens even when the car stays in parking) scratches etc, doesn’t happen on any other manufacturers, save for MUL.

Ride is sorted, handling is sweet, steering feel is good too, but, that tinniness becomes apparent on highway (light build + poor NVH).
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:08   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
That light feel . Even when I know, I would be cruising on smooth tarmac, I don’t take the Swift out, it is just too apparent which becomes a deterrent and unnerving. Be wary of even minor bumps (which happens even when the car stays in parking) scratches etc, doesn’t happen on any other manufacturers, save for MUL.

Ride is sorted, handling is sweet, steering feel is good too, but, that tinniness becomes apparent on highway (light build + poor NVH).
Agree, car is light and is best suited for city. This is my beater car and will be abused, hence I expect lot of rattles, dings/dents. It's a pity that under 10L options are limited to Suzuki and Hyundai, which I felt are even. I did not like Tiago and used car was not an option.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 11:18   #460
BHPian

Next gen Maruti Swift, Dzire to get 35kpl+ strong hybrid option.

Link :

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-option-426312
Old 23rd November 2022, 19:40   #461
Senior - BHPian

How is the build and crash rating of Swift compared to the current Baleno/Glanza? They the same, or is Baleno significantly better than the Swift? Swift ZXI and Baleno Delta both about the same price.
Old 12th December 2022, 14:55   #462
BHPian

Swift scores 1-Star at Global NCAP.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...h-tests-426641

Last edited by Hickstead : 12th December 2022 at 14:56.
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 15:41   #463
BANNED

Maruti should be proud as they are consistent! They haven’t done anything to improve the safety aspect, so that previous customer don’t feel short changed. I think we will never see a 5* rated Maruti in our life times. Just checked the price of Swift and Punch, both comes to ₹7 lakh for the base model.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 16:34   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
How is the build and crash rating of Swift compared to the current Baleno/Glanza? They the same, or is Baleno significantly better than the Swift? Swift ZXI and Baleno Delta both about the same price.
The Baleno should be marginally better. The body panels on new gen feels heavier, don't know if that makes the car safer as platform is the same. The higher variants though get side airbags.
Old 13th December 2022, 00:15   #465
BHPian

Someone left a red bug in my parking.
Maruti Swift : Official Review-swift.jpg

Decided to take it for a drive.

Some kind of magic, it unlocked when I pressed a black nipple on the handle. Turned out to be a fob fallen nearby.

Took it out on a 70 km drive on all kinds of roads I could find in the city.
Apparently it's some racecar technology called AMT that old mercedes racecars and some F1 cars use even today. Excited to take my first step into racing cars for a living I set off and developed neck pain even before I could exit my basement.

I immediately knew what the outrage about AMTs was all about. I've been shotgun in this car for a bit, never felt it was so bad. What was different now?

I tried giving throttle inputs as gradually as possible, as gently as I could, nothing helped. You just can't cope.

I was quick to judge and decided to agree with the huge majority that thinks it sucks. But for some stupid reason, decided to try tiptronic. Slid the lever left into manual mode. Same behaviour. Few minutes later, Some idiot cuts me off just before upshifting and I let off the throttle while it shifts, I didn't feel A THING! What just happened? I spent the next few minutes in traffic experimenting. The AMT cuts throttle aggresively in auto during shifting that makes you bob to and fro. This got me thinking, this is still an MT at heart.

Let's shift the way we shift an MT.

RIght foot off the Throttle,
Left foot in,
shift and back on the throttle.

No clutch here, so cut your leg off.

It was flawless! No more jerks.

I kept shifting after letting go of the throttle for the next half hour, the car shifted as well as my Torque Converter grand i10, which is undoubtedly the benchmark for shift quality in it's segment.

Toyed around with the stuff inside this car, good AC, decent sound system, the tweeters actually make a difference, Light steering, Comfy seats, solid brakes, and an engine that pulls hard way after the speed limit too!

I had quite a bit of fun driving this little thing around!

The elephant in the room,
It's safety rating.

I was toying with this car and seeing how good it's engine was, the super light build and peppy engine just didn't let me be a responsible citizen.

But the moment the thoughts about it's safety rating and the images from various crashes of MSIL cars completely crumbling between Tatas(it's always a tata LOL) flashed in my head, I drove like I was an old man trying to irritate the traffic behind me,

This is such a sorted car for being a city runabout!
And being an entry level automatic, considering its price I am totally fine shifting with tiptronic to save my neck. But I'll never get those images out of my head. We all started with an MSIL car in the family, so I know there will always be a buyer who will be over the moon with this first car. Like a friend once said, "why deny the bike guy mobility by making cars more expensive".

I sympathise, and think it's not that bad a car after all.

I just didn't feel like giving the bug back to my friend! loved driving it.

Idiot revealed it didn't have insurance, ran as fast as I could then.....

Last edited by viXit : 13th December 2022 at 00:17.
viXit is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks