Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 15:19   #286
BANNED

Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
You will be playing with your life if you get extra seat covers on these seats
+1

The ones who go for bull bars for butch look or to protect their car bumpers are also doing the same level of stupidity. You pay more and get more passive safety systems like airbags and then again pay more to buy bull bars which in turn prevent the proper working of airbags in an event of collision.

Coming back to the actual topic, I had a brief test drive in the Figo Freestyle titanium+ (petrol). We were in the car, and I was surprised by the pulling power and refinement of the new dragon series 1.2l engine. It did not feel strained with 5 people on-board, as is the case with Maruti K-series 1.2 engine.

Note : I drive a Honda City i-vtec (1.5), and my brother has a Swift Zxi (1.2).

Last edited by pavi : 17th December 2018 at 15:24.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:23   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
You will be playing with your life if you get extra seat covers on these seats
There are seat covers specially made for vehicles with side airbags. Sadly it is not popular in India yet.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 15:26   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post

And I don't know the reason why I see a TA striked out on the top as well.
I think it's the brake you have to press 5 times, not the clutch. Just try .
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 19:34   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I think it's the brake you have to press 5 times, not the clutch. Just try this.
Looks like it worked, though I didn't get any specific notification, but it's not showing up anymore. Thanks mate!
bhaskar.guru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 23:06   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
+1

The ones who go for bull bars for butch look or to protect their car bumpers are also doing the same level of stupidity.
Well that escalated quickly!

Having cutout seat covers specifically meant for cars with seat airbags is not blasphemy; it is a valid product in the market; bull bars tested for crash worthiness may not such a product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
There are seat covers specially made for vehicles with side airbags. Sadly it is not popular in India yet.
Exactly my point. I know the dealership that went to such an extent to make my buying experience so enjoyable could have surely arranged modifications/custom built seat covers. I'm certain I'm not the only customer complaining about the poor choice of fabric.
Old 18th December 2018, 10:48   #291
BHPian

Yesterday I visited Ford showroom nearby to have a look at Freestyle. There were no adjustable rear headrests in the demo car and test drive car. When I asked the sales person, he replied that adjustable headrests are available only on Petrol version and not the diesel version.

Is it true? Somebody who has purchased diesel Freestyle recently can give me an idea? Brochure mentions adjustable rear headrests. Feels like I am being taken for a ride by sales person.

Last edited by Alfa_Romeo1 : 18th December 2018 at 10:49.
Alfa_Romeo1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 15:05   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Romeo1 View Post
Yesterday I visited Ford showroom nearby to have a look at Freestyle. There were no adjustable rear headrests in the demo car and test drive car. When I asked the sales person, he replied that adjustable headrests are available only on Petrol version and not the diesel version.

Is it true? Somebody who has purchased diesel Freestyle recently can give me an idea? Brochure mentions adjustable rear headrests. Feels like I am being taken for a ride by sales person.
I got delivered the Titanium diesel version a week back. October month manufactured. Comes with the headrest. Bought at Chennai Ford. As per Sales Rep, it is now a standard across petrol & diesel, based on voice of customer/feedback.
KartAttack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 16:27   #293
BHPian

Quote:

May be he has older stock of diesels to be sold ? Please check the manufacturing date to confirm his statements.
Adi22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 16:47   #294
BHPian

Yesterday I went to Ford showroom (Talera Ford, Nigadi, Pune) with the intention of booking Freestyle Titanium plus. Took another test drive and when I started discussing about discounts and colour availability, sales person once again told me that rear adjustable headrests are not there on diesel titanium plus variant. I immediately called Ford showroom from nearby city (Sangali, Maharashtra) where my friend had booked one in last week. Sales person from Ford showroom Sangali said that rear adjustable headrests are available on top end trim of diesel. I made him him talk to Talera Ford guy also.

Later on Talera Ford guy showed me internal circular from Ford India (circulated to dealerships) which had list of variants equipped with rear adjustable headrests, Diesel Titanium plus variant was not in the list. I asked him how come this is possible, you should be having some old circular. How is it possible that top end trim does not get a safety feature whereas lower trims (titanium) gets this particular feature. He was still firm that rear adjustable headrests are not there on diesel top end trim, however available on petrol top end trim. I made a call to ford showroom from my native place, Satara. Sales person from Unique ford, Satara also stated that rear adjustable headrests are available on diesel top end trim. However since price is higher in Satara as compared to Pune by a fair margin, I did not make any further enquiry.

Later on I called another dealer Dhone Ford, Karve Road, Pune city. Sales person from there told that yes, rear adjustable headrests are available on diesel titanium plus variant. We have stock of old cars equipped with fixed headrests and we are giving additional 9k discount for those cars. I clearly told him that I need a car with adjustable headrests only, he said car is available with rear adjustable headrests in sliver colour. I was OK with Silver colour. I asked him twice that I will come down to your showroom to finalise the deal but make sure that car available with you is with adjustable headrests. He was affirmative every time. I went to Dhone Ford showroom after getting surety from him which is on the opposite side of the city, 33 kms away. Upon reaching there, it was already late 7:30 pm and the guy I was talking to had already left for the day. His team leader was there and sat to discuss the deal. I asked him VIN so that I can check manufacturing month of the car. Now comes the bummer! He says car with adjustable headrest is already booked and no other car with adjustable headrest is available with him right now. When I asked him I had talked to your sales person over phone, he assured me that car with adjustable headrests is available hence I have come down here from other part of the city. He started giving me some non-sense reasons. I immediately got up and started walking out of the showroom. Just while leaving the showroom, I made a ruckus and told to the so called team leader that I will never ever enter any Ford Showroom in my life again. He came following me till my vehicle parked outside his showroom.

I came back to Hyundai showroom near my home, sales person came back from home after I called him and requested to come back. He was already leaving to his home town for Christmas holidays. When I entered showroom, this poor chap was actually with luggage bags and he had a bus to catch. He met me, assigned me another sales person and left away. At 10o’clock, I put down booking amount cheque and left the showroom.

Ford has left a bitter test in my mouth and these moments are not forgivable from my side at least.

In past I have owned FIAT Punto. Please believe me, from the date of enquiry till the date I sold that vehicle, purchase and ownership was really fuss free. I don’t really understand why do people bash FIAT India.
Alfa_Romeo1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 17:45   #295
BHPian

Quote:
I came back to Hyundai showroom near my home... put down booking amount cheque and left the showroom.

Ford has left a bitter test in my mouth and these moments are not forgivable from my side at least.
Though I agree that you had a bad experience with Ford dealership, but I'm not sure if booking another car which wasn't your first preference is wise enough due to the mismanagement by Ford sales people. No offence.

Think like this, you deal with the salesmen only till your car is delivered. Post that, it's just you and your chosen car.

I can not make from your post which Hyundai you booked but Ford Freestyle Diesel Titanium+ is a wonderful car to own. It drives fast, has Ford DNA in it and moreover, it comes with 6 airbags.
The car is even more desirable due to the upcoming BS VI fuel norms. Because we don't know if we will get the same 1.5L diesel motor from Ford at current prices once the BS VI regulations kicks in.

Again, no offence. Just my thoughts.

Cheers!!

Last edited by Sherlocked : 24th December 2018 at 18:03. Reason: typo
Sherlocked is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 18:07   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Though I agree that you had a bad experience with Ford dealership, but I'm not sure if booking another car which wasn't your first preference is wise enough due to the mismanagement by Ford sales people.
I second your opinion.

I also believe that one or two negative experiences with dealers should not deter you from getting the car of your preference. If you were adamant and involved Ford, the dealers themselves would have been forced to give-in to your request for getting the latest model. In your case, it is quite apparent that Talera Ford advisor wanted to get rid of old stock which is why he was insistent and giving false information to you.

Anyway, it is what it is. May be you and Hyundai were supposed to become a pair. Ford loses, Hyundai gains. All the very best on your new purchase @Alfa_Romeo1.

Last edited by strawhat : 24th December 2018 at 18:10.
strawhat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 18:25   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In past I have owned FIAT Punto. Please believe me, from the date of enquiry till the date I sold that vehicle, purchase and ownership was really fuss free. I don’t really understand why do people bash FIAT India.
I am a full-on Ford fanboy (as they call them) and I tried many brands after my Fiesta S. I bought the Honda Civic, The Chevy Cruze, The Maruti Swift D and some more cars in between, and I can safely vouch that no car gave me a reason to smile, more than the Ford. Period. Be it the service, maintenance costs or even the cost of ownership, it aced all. Adding to the chutzpah was the fact that it was a CRACKER of a car and cars double its cost didn't make me smile as wide as this one did, it was bliss.
I ask the same question about Ford as you ask about Fiat, and I really wonder why people bash it, and it's cars don't sell.
Cancelling a car based on it's sales team or on the presence of absence of an adjustable headrest, despite knowing that it comes with the new version of the car is honestly the loss of only person, you!
Based on the Ford lineage and my history with them, my new car is one more Ford and I await delivery to rekindle my love story with the company and it's cars.

Last edited by frankmehta : 24th December 2018 at 18:26.
frankmehta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 19:20   #298
BANNED

Quote:

I came back to Hyundai showroom near my home, sales person came back from home after I called him and requested to come back. He was already leaving to his home town for Christmas holidays. When I entered showroom, this poor chap was actually with luggage bags and he had a bus to catch. He met me, assigned me another sales person and left away. At 10o’clock, I put down booking amount cheque and left the showroom.
So which car you booked and which version? Regarding the bitter showroom experience, that’s how life is. We may get a better showroom experience while buying the car, but that does not assure us a better after sales service experience. I had test driven the Freestyle petrol some weeks back and I loved the way it felt to drive except for the comparatively soft rear suspension.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 19:50   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I went to Ford showroom (Talera Ford, Nigadi, Pune) with the intention of booking Freestyle Titanium plus. .............

Feel sorry that you had to experience such dealers. It's an opportunity lot for both Ford to sell a good car & you to own one. But i agree that first impressions go a long way & here is where Maruti/Hyundai are better consistently.

But if you have feedback on a good after sales service support from Ford in your area, i would say still pick the Freestyle over a Hyundai just for the driving pleasure. Their service cost too look pretty transparent over a long run.

Good luck with your purchase. I drive a punto & a ford, so my mind cannot imagine driving a hyundai
Adi22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 20:00   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post

So which car you booked and which version? Regarding the bitter showroom experience, that’s how life is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post

Anyway, it is what it is. May be you and Hyundai were supposed to become a pair. Ford loses, Hyundai gains. All the very best on your new purchase @Alfa_Romeo1.
Quote:

I can not make from your post which Hyundai you booked but Ford Freestyle Diesel Titanium+ is a wonderful car to own.

Cheers!!

Quote:
Think like this, you deal with the salesmen only till your car is delivered. Post that, it's just you and your chosen car.

I can not make from your post which Hyundai you booked but Ford Freestyle Diesel Titanium+ is a wonderful car to own.

Cheers!!

First of all this is going to be third car at home. I have Honda City (ivtec), Alto which is reserved for dad for his short runs. Since wife changed job few months back and there was no transport facility available in new company, she was commuting in Honda City. I was driving either Alto or my bike for my office commute.

Initial plan was to get a CNG hatchback which will be strictly used for wife's office commute. She was uncomfortable with the length of City. Highway duty will be handled by Honda City. However I had taken test drive of Freestyle after it launched and I liked it very much. Though Freestyle titanium plus was stretch of budget for me plus fuel costs will be more as compared to CNG hatch, I was ready for it. It can be used for highway runs also. When luggage space is required, I can take City.

Initially wife was not at all ready to plonk in additional money for Freestyle. However after test drive she also changed her mind and agreed for Freestyle.

I considered Celerio CNG, Santro CNG. While enquiring for Santro, Hyundai sales person suggested me to go for grand i10 readily available. Waiting period for Santro CNG is 16 weeks. He will equip grand i10 with CNG kit at his end with dealer warranty of 3 years for CNG kit in written. He gave me car worth of 7.91 lakhs as per his price list for 7.20 lakhs including CNG fitment. Wife had already liked the car before going to ford showroom. Hence we finalized the deal for Grand i10 Asta in Red colour.

Though I loved Freestyle a lot, if sales people including their team leaders are either not aware of features of their own car or taking me for ride despite mentioning team bhp, I doubt about their Service now. I don't want to take any risk. This is my mindset now. This is my personal opinion and no offence to anybody. Specifically @ frankmehta please don't mind.

Last edited by Alfa_Romeo1 : 24th December 2018 at 20:03.
Alfa_Romeo1 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks