Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th February 2019, 13:23   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

@amitayu.
I've been using my Freestyle petrol for regular commuting with around 80% in city traffic and 20% on highways.

The gears are a bit notchy but shift smoothly enough and the clutch is also reasonably light.

You may do well to take a test drive some where else (if possible) on a better car.

Also please do a test drive in low light /darkness and judge whether the lights are sufficient.
The Freestyle seems to have a strange dark area in the high beam slightly off centre to the left.

Haven't faced any niggles so far in 7200km, keeping my fingers crossed.

If you don't mind, what are your apprehensions about the turning radius and lane changes?

PS. I'm beginning to see quite a few Freestyles on the roads in my city.

Last edited by nmenon : 11th February 2019 at 13:24. Reason: Proofing
nmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2019, 16:10   #332
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Hi nmenon

Thanks for the response.

I am planning for another TD before I commit myself. Will try to do it after sunset to check for the light issue.

my concerns of turning radius stems from tight parking that I have to do, especially in office basement parking where i have to do a 3 point turn to navigate around a pillar and park it in reverse. I have seen some of the cars struggle due to turning radius, whereas my Ritz was just about comfortable.

Delhi requires squeezing into tight gaps with short turns, and that is one reason for insisting on a hatchback in the first place.

This opinion about notchy gear is a downer for me. Notchy gears in a MT will only heighten frustration in bumber-bumper traffic, especially given I am being adamant against A(M)T. Can be it be a concern as the car ages?

Will have try to check these factors in second TD.

Thanks again for helping me out!
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote