Team-BHP - Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/198634-ford-freestyle-1-2l-petrol-official-review-28.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bageherath (Post 4680659)
I got my Freestyle 1.5 d Tit + delivered yesterday OCT 2019 manufactured.

Congratulations bageherath!!

What kind of discount were you offered on the purchase?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogiii (Post 4680814)
Congratulations bageherath!!

What kind of discount were you offered on the purchase?

Got it for Rs 905000 on road Hyderabad with 3 OD +3 TP. Discounts were around 50k + (25k was discounts from Ford and the rest is from dealer).

Quote:

Originally Posted by bageherath (Post 4680659)
I got my Freestyle 1.5 d Tit + delivered yesterday OCT 2019 manufactured.

How much discount did you get?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ank.nsit (Post 4680937)
How much discount did you get?

Hey,
You can refer the post above. He got a discount of 50k

Booked a Freestyle Titanium Plus (P) and the dealer mentioned discounts worth 29k. Another 3.5k is offered for women buyers. The waiting period quoted is 45 days which I feel is slightly long. The dealer mentioned year end slow down in manufacturing as the reason. Are such waiting periods normal?

Quote:

Booked a Freestyle Titanium Plus (P) and the dealer mentioned discounts worth 29k. Another 3.5k is offered for women buyers. The waiting period quoted is 45 days which I feel is slightly long. The dealer mentioned year end slow down in manufacturing as the reason. Are such waiting periods normal?
I would have suggested you to wait a little longer(mid/end december) as discounts should increase. However, now that you have already booked your car do keep a close watch with other dealers to see if any additional discounts are offered as year ends. If yes, ask your dealer to pass those on to you as well. They would want you to hurry up and close the entire process but be patient and complete formalities only when you are 100% convinced about your purchase. 29k discount is not a good deal on Freestyle specially at this time of year. Waiting period is another surprise. I would believe that companies look for clearing existing stock this time of year and hence the discounts. The whole story behind waiting period does not sound logical. You can check with couple of more dealers.

Thanks @Maverick Avi. I live in Pondicherry which has just one Ford Dealer. I got a discount of 34k after all negotiations. The waiting period sounded a bit illogical to me as well but my options were limited. This is a city which has one dealer per brand. So not much of shopping around to be done. The good news is that I am taking delivery tomorrow.

Does anyone know whats the OTR for top end diesel in Chennai? Also, whats the current discount / offers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4717295)
Does anyone know whats the OTR for top end diesel in Chennai? Also, whats the current discount / offers?

The OTR for Titanium plus 1.5 TDCi in Chennai comes around 9.5 lakhs. Don't know about the current offers.

Hello All.

It has been an year with me Freestyle, and now it is time to renew insurance.

Given I was a Maruti customer earlier, I always took the insurance offered by Maruti via national insurance.

Does Ford have any preferred insurer? I am getting quotes from multiple insurers, and was thinking of exploring policybazaar for quotes.

However, would prefer to go for a insurer who offers cashless claims at Ford Service Centers.

Quote:

Does Ford have any preferred insurer? I am getting quotes from multiple insurers, and was thinking of exploring policybazaar for quotes.
Yes, Ford also have preferred insurance which they can provide from multiple companies. Just get in touch with your Ford dealer and they should be able to assist you. And these offer cashless claims like Maruti.

I also considered policybazaar but Ford's dealer quote was equally good with an additional service coupon option worth INR 1000-1500. I later on inquired with a FASS and those services like engine protection coating, rubbing and polishing etc were actually worth the amount. They also provided 500 discount as my previous insurance was from a different Ford dealer and they wanted me to switch and try their services. Payment was hassle free(online) with instant policy generation and posted to my email like policybazaar.

Need help!please:

I own a Ford Freestyle T+ 1.5 TDCi which is six months old. I’m in love with the handling and ride quality balance and I enjoy driving it a lot.

One night, I was driving on a poorly marked road with 2 other occupants in my car. On my way, I could not recognise a set of 6 speed breakers. My car hit the speed breakers at the speed 50-55 kmph.

From then, the ride has become bumpy even on highways. On broken roads, I feel annoying shakes/vibrations on the steering wheel. On leaving a speed breaker, a thumping sound is generated. I somehow don’t enjoy the same level of plush ride quality it used to be before.

I visited the FASS but the SA could not recognise my complaints. He said it is completely normal and nothing to worry about. What should I do?

You are some what in the same boat as me my friend. From day 1 I feel that my Aspire's suspension is not what I felt during test drive. Its quite rigid and is transmitting too many small bumps and undulations from road. As it was my first non maruti vehicle I wanted to give more time to it rather than jumping to conclusions. Post 5000 kms of driving on all types of surfaces I finally reported to FASS that something is not right about the suspension setup of my vehicle. 1 escalation and 2 road tests later all I have is a confirmation that suspension is absolutely fine and Ford does have an overall rigid suspension setup. So what am I doing now?? Living with it. :)

Explaining subtle nuances like changes in suspension behaviour, small squeaks or noises from car can be quite difficult to confirm from service advisors or technicians perspective. If you are persistent enough and also loop in Ford customer care you can atleast expect another road test from Ford techical team. If you get lucky they might agree with you and try to diagnose the issue. Else it would be confirmed that everything is normal. Atleast you would have it documented that you raised a suspension issue earlier on just in case your ride quality deteorates further during your ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viraj.515 (Post 4744403)
One night, I was driving on a poorly marked road with 2 other occupants in my car. On my way, I could not recognise a set of 6 speed breakers. My car hit the speed breakers at the speed 50-55 kmph.

Something similar happened to me albeit on my petrol Freestyle. I hit one of the notorious Bangalore speed breakers at 60kmph and heard a loud thud on impact. However, I could not detect any changes in ride quality subsequently. During the first service I specifically asked about the suspension and Ford service said that it was fully fine.

Hey Guys,

Any information on BS6 Freestyle launch dates?
Considering EcoSport BS6 has already launched, Freestyle BS6 should not be far away.