Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2020, 14:23   #421
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys,

Any information on BS6 Freestyle launch dates?
Ford India has started accepting the bookings for BS6 variants of its entire lineup.
Viraj.515 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 08:35   #422
Senior - BHPian

In case it has not been mentioned on any other thread, the Freestyle 2020 BS6 has now been upgraded to all black interiors from the ugly reddish-brown interiors that were present till date. With this, one of the major sore points of the vehicle has now been addressed. Thank god Ford has come to its senses and introduced the all black interior scheme into the new cars. The interiors are now pretty much the same as that of the Figo in terms of colour scheme.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd March 2020 at 16:07. Reason: Typos.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:59   #423
BHPian

It seems the Titanium + edition does not come with Sync3 anymore! This lowers Freestyle at same level with Figo.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 16:09   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
It seems the Titanium + edition does not come with Sync3 anymore! This lowers Freestyle at same level with Figo.
Not entirely surprised but a strange decision nonetheless. With Titanium plus diesel touching almost 10 lakhs OTR in some places it's hard to justify the absence of something which is as basic as Android Auto and Apple Carplay these days.
Old 4th March 2020, 18:39   #425
BHPian

Questions about my Ford Freestyle petrol!

Hi all,

I have a Ford freestyle titanium plus petrol-2018 model.

I had a few questions!

1. Can a BS-4 vehicle(case in point my Freestyle) be upgraded by adding some components to make them BS-6 compatible? I don’t know much about it and hence thought it best to seek advice from the knowledgable folks here.
2. Can cruise control be added to a car aftermarket?
3. Are there any aftermarket options to upgrade the headlights to get projector headlamps and DRLs?
4. Also, can a naturally aspirated engine be re-tuned for more performance considering the petrol engine in petrol? I read on WolfMoto page that some of the Freestyle petrol models could. Also is it advisable in your opinion?

Regards,
Bhaskara Venkatesh G
Present - Ford Freestyle Titanium Plus Petrol
Past - Tata Nano

Last edited by BlackPearl : 4th March 2020 at 22:07. Reason: Typo
Old 4th March 2020, 21:35   #426
BHPian

Re: Questions about my Ford Freestyle petrol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
1. Can a BS-4 vehicle(case in point my Freestyle) be upgraded by adding some components to make them BS-6 compatible? I don’t know much about it and hence thought it best to seek advice from the knowledgable folks here.
Petrol emmision standards for BS4 to BS6 are not vastly different which is the case with Diesel. I have not heard about such upgrade from anyone as no one felt the need. Any specific need are you looking forward from such an investment?

Quote:
2. Can cruise control be added to a car aftermarket?
Cruise control is very complex electronic module that integrates with ECU. It needs to start interfering with vehicle fueling, braking, throttle pedal sensing, clutch pedal sensing. In non CC moduled cars, these sensors and connectivity is absent making addition of CC practically impossible and puts your car dyanmics in risk. However Ecosport has CC that you can check if Ford can ship as separate part assembly and if local dealer can have it fitted. Please avoid aftermarket route as in that case, you will risk your life, car in risk and will also void your warranty as well as future insurance claims.

Quote:
3. Are there any aftermarket options to upgrade the headlights to get projector headlamps and DRLs?
Literally thousands are available. If you like DIY, search this forum. Otherwise local car accessory shop will have it done for you. Go for 4300K colour temperature for a good balance of brightness, effectiveness and asthetics if planning LED / HID.

Quote:
4. Also, can a naturally aspirated engine be returned for more performance considering the petrol engine in petrol? I read on WolfMoto page that some of the Freestyle petrol models could. Also is it advisable in your opinion?
Petrol NA engines are worst candidates for tuning. I had enquired for my ex i20 with many remappers and tuners just to came out being frustated. Can go with some expensive mods but the effect will be minimal except for risky turbo build.
Capricorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2020, 12:04   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
Petrol emmision standards for BS4 to BS6 are not vastly different which is the case with Diesel....

Cruise control is very complex electronic module that integrates with ECU...

Literally thousands are available...

Petrol NA engines are worst candidates for tuning...
Thank you for your comments... Sorry for the late reply...
1. Regarding the upgrade to BS6, I read somewhere that the BS4 vehicles are allowed to ply on the road till the registration period and hence a thought if it may be allowed to renew the registration after the duration? Else, it it’s possible to upgrade, it solves one challenge we may face!

2. CC - I’ll let it be.

3. Haven’t seen any on the Freestyle cars I’ve seen so far, will go and check post the lockdown is over.

4. Wolfmoto has tuning available for some ECUs of Freestyle and has said that they’ll check it when they visit here.

Last edited by bhaskar.guru : 1st April 2020 at 12:05.
Old 1st April 2020, 12:28   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have a look at this sub-forum -
Link - TBHP DIY Subforum

And also at this thread -
Link - TBHP Auto Lighting Thread (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)

Installing HID projector fog lights would be the simplest solution to your problems & there is a truck load of threads for that already .
Quote:
No - this cannot be done practically or realistically. The hassle, time & money required to actually do this, would be more than buying a BSVI compliant car of same segment.

Legally - you cannot modify the engine/fuel system/emission control/exhaust system components of a car. So you'd need to run around to get legal approvals to do this without violating the law. Then you'll need to get your car certified again. These are very time consuming processes that even large car makers have to go through for months. You won't have that much free time I'm sure.
Quote:
1. Regarding the upgrade to BS6, I read somewhere that the BS4 vehicles are allowed to ply on the road till the registration period and hence a thought if it may be allowed to renew the registration after the duration? Else, it it’s possible to upgrade, it solves one challenge we may face!
Aren't BSIII, BSII and even vehicles from 70s in private ownership still plying on the roads? The same will happen for BSIV vehicles also (unless some law gets enacted in future). The car is fully certified to run on the road for its registration duration. After that - one has to pay a "green tax" + re-registration charges & extend the registration for 5 years at a time, if one wants to continue using the car. Simple as that.
Quote:
4. Wolfmoto has tuning available for some ECUs of Freestyle and has said that they’ll check it when they visit here.
Your's is a NA petrol FreeStyle right? Not a turbo-diesel. Are there good maps available for it? Generally its more useful to remap turbo charged engines as that can bring a lot of gains. NA engine has very limited mapping options available & most generally have a significant (-ve) impact on the fuel efficiency. Generally car makers tune the engine for best fuel efficiency and a remap tends to spoil it.

Last edited by Reinhard : 1st April 2020 at 12:33.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 20:03   #430
BHPian

Issues with Ford Freestyle's SYNC 3 and Android Auto

I have recently started to face issues while using android auto with my Freestyle's SYNC 3 system.
  • Can't receive calls using steering controls.
  • System becomes unresponsive, even the manual buttons stop working. To fix this I need to switch off the car or restart the SYNC 3 system by holding down a combination of keys for a few seconds.
  • When answering a call, the call is inaudible. I need to increase the volume every time I answer a call.

I've read that with every new update that's pushed by Google, there is always a list of bugs that get reported.

Anyone else facing such issues with Android Auto? Any fix that might have worked? How is the experience with Apple Carplay?
Old 23rd June 2020, 13:28   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
True. It's a huge downgrade to the Freestyle with the BSVI update. However, the Freestyle still scores over the Figo in terms of safety with ESP, TC, HLA and ARP. It is also a slightly bigger car. Given that there isn't a huge difference in price between the Freestyle T+ and the Figo T Blu, Freestyle certainly makes more sense.
SansGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 12:02   #432
RMN
BHPian

Could anyone tell me if they have a newer version of SYNC 3 than the following or if they were able to update it in anyway:

SYNC 3, version 3.0
Build 17276

This is the one I got when I purchased my vehicle back in '18. The MyFord portal mentions a newer version is available but attempting to download it never works.

Attempting an update via the HU also always fails!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-annotation-20200630-120047.png  

Old 5th July 2020, 23:39   #433
BHPian

Hi all,

I bought a Ford Freestyle Diesel Titanium plus on 30.06.2020. I had,initially, decided to buy the petrol variant but due to imminent increase in the registration tax in Himachal from 3% to a minimum of 8%, and one month long waiting period for the petrol variant, I decided to go for diesel variant which cost me Rs.8,58,000/-, whereas the petrol top variant would have cost Rs.8,10,000/- after the revised registration tax rate.

Since, the diesel variant was lying in stock with the dealership, and coupled with very good reviews regarding the performance of Diesel variant, I bought diesel variant as it was going to cost just Rs. 40,000/- extra. I had also test driven it and was fairly impressed with the performance.

After buying, the car was handed over to my father who has no experience of driving a diesel. As a matter of fact, neither do I, apart from the limited test drive.
Yesterday, I got a call from father complaining that the car failed to drive up an inclined stretch of road in first gear despite being famed for its torque. The stretch of road in question is also not a very steep gradient but is in a bad condition having loose rocks and dirt.

I also looked up for a solution on other threads of Team BHP, but was disheartened to find out that many members have found Diesel engines (turbo included) poor performers in climbing hills as compared to petrol engines.

So, before, I lament my poor choice in wrongly selecting diesel for driving in hills , I would request the fellow Team BHPians to enlighten me if there is any unique skill required set to drive a Diesel motor, or the Car itself is to be blamed?

What other things should one bear in mind while driving a Diesel, in general, and driving on steep inclines , in particular, in terms of RPM, acceleration, turbocharger etc.

I'm feeling frustrated and see 8.5 lac go down the drain.

Regards
escape velocity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 00:19   #434
BHPian

It happened to us back in 2007 when our Logan was new. Logan DCI is also one of those cars famous for their low end torque.

Turns out it was more of a learning curve when switching from a NA petrol (Maruti 800) to a turbo diesel. The Maruti had gone to Nepal in the Himalayas multiple times but never faced an issue like we did on the slopes of Mahabaleshwar.

Don't worry, the money is safe and the car is excellent. What your father needs to practice is a handbrake start up a slope since I suppose we don't have hill start assist on the Figo / Freestyle.

While it is true that the Pre-facelift with the Aston Martin type slit grille had better pick up off the line because of the 20% shorter gearing, the post facelift is definitely no slouch.
antz.bin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 00:31   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape velocity View Post
Hi all,

I'm feeling frustrated and see 8.5 lac go down the drain.

Regards
Have taken my Diesel Swift to kolli Hills and had a blast with it, roads were narrow and quite steep in few places with 70+ hairpin bends, trust me, small 1.2L petrol motors will struggle to keep up with a diesel in the right hands.

Would suggest slight change in driving style and I am sure things will be better than before.
giri1.8 is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks