Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2020, 12:39   #496
S2K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have not driven it on inclines but I would think that it performs like most other NA petrols there, that is, requires some clutch slipping and higher revs to make it up steeper ones .
Have been driving it for a few weeks now and have faced some steep ghats with bad roads along with city traffic. Haven't faced any issues with it.
Have been stuck in bumper to bumper traffic while climbing up flyovers and the first gear handled it without any problem. For otherwise steep inclines in ghat, 3rd gear works well at decent speeds and 2nd gear has enough power to push you through. I'd say 1st gear is needed only if your speed is consistently staying well below 10 in which case the engine might start lugging (and not at all advisable in the ghats). Otherwise, in my experience 2nd gear can easily take you from 10 to 40 even on steep inclines. However the clutch action needs some getting used to and some throttle input is needed just to keep the revs above 1k.

I will prefer it over the Swift, Baleno RS, and i20 any day. Moving from daily driving Baleno RS to Freestyle Petrol, the ride, handling, and power delivery of the car keeps me from going back to the RS and haven't used that gem even once for last 3 weeks despite it being more comfortable and roomier inside.

Only issue with this 3-cylinder engine might be its refinement, but I have so far only loved the sound it has produced and not once, found it harsh or strained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Apologies, perhaps I sounded more dramatic than I intended. Here's the thing - it's a short but steep incline at the start of my street, as I enter from a 4 lane main road. For safety, there is a speed bump at the entrance. You have to essentially come to a halt, cross the bump and take the incline. My earlier car was a Fabia MPi (3 cylinder, old one, 71 ps tops). 10 years, I have known this incline like an itch under my loin. I know what throttle it needs. When I test drove the other vehicles (basically 1.2 kappa, and K12B), I found no difference in the input they needed. But the Freestyle gave me a distinct shock. Sure I could push it with higher rpm, but that's exactly my point!
Thats one distinct behaviour I have noticed. Need to the the RPM above 1K for a decent power delivery. Between 800-1K, it start delivering the power necessary to move a car against a force, say on an incline. And then the power pickups rather abruptly. Abruptly but consistently and reliably. Its a big power delta in a very RPM small range. But once you get the hang of it, you are kind of happy about it since you realise that for most situations, instead of being bothersome, it is more helpful and only slight throttle will be need in city or even on highways while overtaking.

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd December 2020 at 12:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi quote option when replying to multiple posts.
S2K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 17:37   #497
BHPian

Hello everyone, purchased flair petrol today. i'm facing a strange issue. The MID says transport mode and the Ford pass app notifies that the car has gone into deep sleep mode and it needs to be started manually. Tried placing the key fob in the centre console and start but the problem still persists. Please help.
Old 28th December 2020, 16:29   #498
BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Freestyle left pulling issue:

Has anybody been able to get the left pull issue recertified? If yes, can you please shed some light on the issue because not all Ford A.S.C. seem to be aware. They insist that that is how the design is.

I've had this issue since day 1. I had got it checked back then and the technicians at Ford said it was normal. Recently, I went on a road trip recently and realised it was pronounced enough to give me mild pain and a stiff right shoulder.

I visited Madhus Wheel Alignment near Lalbagh and got the alignment checked, wheel balancing, and rotation (there was not much misalignment, and it was in the green). The left veering issue however still persists, so it seems like it's not a wheel alignment issue.

Please advise and help if you've got your FS rectified for this issue. Many thanks in advance.
Old 30th December 2020, 11:11   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash24979 View Post
Hello everyone, purchased flair petrol today. i'm facing a strange issue. The MID says transport mode and the Ford pass app notifies that the car has gone into deep sleep mode and it needs to be started manually. Tried placing the key fob in the centre console and start but the problem still persists. Please help.
There is a different way of removing transport mode. You start the car and there is a combo of brake and clutch that releases it.

Best call the dealer and ask them. They did it for me.
Old 30th December 2020, 12:34   #500
BHPian

Problem resolved. Courtesy YouTube. The method is to turn on the accessories mode, then press the brake pedal five times next press the hazard light switch five times.
prakash24979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 16:04   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash24979 View Post
I was wondering how a new car can go into the transport mode?
Old 4th February 2021, 15:59   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxworkz View Post
Freestyle left pulling issue:

They insist that that is how the design is.

I have escalated the issue at two different dealerships here in Pune. Seems like ASC is trained to train the minds of us owners that it is normal. After repetitive wheel alignments and steering angle sensor calibration at ASC, I was not satisfied and rejected their claim of "It is normal now", they asked me to test drive another Freestyle. They made me drive brand new car with 20 odd kms on odo, other customers cars and tried to prove that it is same across all the cars. I tried to do whatever possible like exchanging all four tyres with some other Freestyle and check the issue. Tyre rotation on my car, keeping uneven tyre pressure in front wheels, but in vein. I wasted my two days leaves and considerable fuel in hope that one day issue will be resolved. When I did not budge, one workshop manager came and told me that it is safety feature so that if a driver sleeps while car is moving, car should come to leftmost lane instead on going on divider on right side.

At that time I lost all my patience, I told him that I work in automobile company and I am engaged in design/ analysis of suspension, steering and dynamics of a vehicle, show me the proof of this safety feature from Ford or else I am going to complain to Ford India as well as Ford USA. He said this safety feature was demonstrated through video by Ford and he will share the link with me, I am still eagerly waiting for it.

it was pronounced enough to give me mild pain and a stiff right shoulder.
Same case with me.

The left veering issue however still persists, so it seems like it's not a wheel alignment issue.

For me, issue got slightly corrected (80%) in 10k service. However again after 20K service, issue has resurfaced. Now waiting for 30K service which will be carried out in a week, let us see whether there will be any improvement or further deterioration. Fingers crossed, let the almighty help me and my car as I know the capability of Ford ASC.

Please advise and help if you've got your FS rectified for this issue. Many thanks in advance.

Only advise is to literate all the Freestyle owners so that Ford India steps in and looks into their design flaw to correct the issue which is highly unlikely to happen.

I have persuaded my mind in this way - I chose Freestyle for the sake of handling and TDCI along with safety features. My car ownership history is Punto to Honda City to Freestyle. I was trying to find steering of Punto in Freestyle which I know is not possible. I wanted accurate, sensitive and direct steering which I am getting in Freestyle, so why not to enjoy it, let me keep aside the left pulling issue.
I am pasting my one of the email communication with Ford India for the reference so that you understand how much I tried my level best and how much you will have to fight for if you want a proper resolution. I had sent my car to ASC at least 8 times to ASC for this issue.

Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 10:09 AM
Subject: RE: Reply from Ford India :- 800273042
To: XXXXX
Cc: nigdiservice@taleraauto.com <nigdiservice@taleraauto.com>, nigdibodyshop@taleraauto.com <nigdibodyshop@taleraauto.com>, nigdidcrc@taleraauto.com <nigdidcrc@taleraauto.com>

Dear Mr. XXXXX,
Greetings from Ford India Pvt. Ltd. !
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We kindly request you to get the vehicle inspected as per your convenience so that we can understand and provide a robust solution for the concern observed. We have also instructed the dealer to provide assistance to you to resolve the concern. We request your understanding and cooperation with us in this regard.
Please feel free to contact us Mr. Mahesh Service Manager – 9552XXXXX from our Talera Ford dealership for any assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
Zakir Shaik,
FIL-Customer Relations
Desk No : 044-66117221 (Working Hours : 9:30am to 06:30pm [Monday to Saturday]).
Toll Free No : 1800-419-2500 or 1800-425-2500 / Email : custmail@ford.com

Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 8:57 AM
To: Customer, Care (.) <custmail@ford.com>
Subject: Re: Reply from Ford India :- 800273042

Hello,

We spoke last Saturday over phone. I was told that my car will be picked up for further actions by ford dealership.

It’s been a week now and I have not received any further communication from your end.

Request you to please move the things faster.

Please note that I am a member of esteemed automobile forum in India - team-bhp.com. If you guys are unnecessarily delaying the further actions, this issue will straight away go to team-bhp.

Apart from this I shall write to higher authorities in Ford India as well as Ford USA.

Regards,
XXXXX

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 10:39 AM
To: XXXXXX
Subject: Reply from Ford India :- 800273042

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Ford India.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us regarding your vehicle VIN No. XXXXX.

We have noted down the contents of your mail and have taken up the issue with the dealership concerned.

We would revert to you after we receive relevant information from Ford authorized dealership. Your concern number is 800273042

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen Raj R,
Ford India Private Ltd- Customer Relationship Centre,
Toll Free : 1800 419 2500 | 1800 425 2500
Email: custmail@ford.com

Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:02 AM
Cc: nigdidcrc@taleraauto.com; nigdiservice@taleraauto.com
Subject: Re: Reply from Ford India :- 800264013

Hi,

It’s been a long time I had demonstrated the problem to Talera Ford Nigadi service centre guys. As per service advisor, they have taken some readings and shared with Ford India.

Since every parameter related to wheel alignment and steering angle sensor calibration as per specification, service guys have already asked ford india engineers to visit the car.

I have taken follow up with dealer however as per them there is no further feedback from Ford India.

Request you to look into the matter.

If you guys are unable to resolve the issue, replace my vehicle with new one.

You will be forcing me go out public in social media related to the issue although I don’t intent to do so.

Regards,
XXXXX

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 12:13 PM, Customer, Care (.) <custmail@ford.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. XXXX,
Greetings from Ford India Pvt. Ltd. !
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
In continuation to the conversation we had & concern raised with us, we understand that an appointment has been fixed for 18.06.2019.We kindly request you to get the vehicle inspected as per your convenience so that we can understand and provide a robust solution for the concern observed. We have also instructed the dealer to provide assistance to you to resolve the concern. We request your understanding and cooperation with us in this regard.
Please feel free to contact us Mr. Mahesh Service Manager – 9552515830 from our Talera Ford dealership for any assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
Zakir Shaik,
FIL-Customer Relations
Desk No : 044-66117221 (Working Hours : 9:30am to 06:30pm [Monday to Saturday]).
Toll Free No : 1800-419-2500 or 1800-425-2500 / Email : custmail@ford.com

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:30 PM
To: XXXXX
Subject: Reply from Ford India :- 800264013

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us regarding your vehicle VIN No. XXXXX.

We have noted down the contents of your mail and have taken up the issue with the dealership concerned.

We would revert to you after we receive relevant information from Ford authorized dealership. Your concern number is 800264013.

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen Raj R,

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: Reply from Ford India

Dear Naveen,

Talera Ford, Nigadi, Pune is close to me.

Regards,
XXXXX

On Tue 11 Jun, 2019, 10:47 PM Customer, Care (.), <custmail@ford.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. We have noted down the contents of your mail.

We request you to provide your nearby Ford dealership Talera Ford, Nigadi or Dhone Ford and If Dhone Ford Near to you please provide exact branch (Hadapsar Or Kothrud ) location details for us to support you further.

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen Raj R,

Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:01 PM
Subject: Ford Freestyle Diesel Titanium plus - car pulling to left side

Hi,
I have purchased Ford Freestyle Diesel T+, delivered to me on 23 rd Feb 2019.

Since day one, I am facing an issue - vehicle pulling to left side consistently while driving on highway.

I have raised this concern during first service to Talera Ford, Nigadi, Pune. They carried out wheel alignment and asked me to drive for few days and revert with my feedback. However issue was not solved. Hence I had sent the vehicle again to service centre. I personally attended vehicle for a whole day while service guys from Talera Ford were trying to sort out the issue. This time they checked wheel alignment again, no issue was found in wheel alignment. Later on they carried out steering wheel angle sensor calibration and steering software upgrade, I was told so. Upon my insisting, my car was put on ramp and we thoroughly checked all suspension parts for any loose bolt, worn out bush, damper leak, etc. No issue was observed. Later on service guys swapped front two tyres. Since it was a long day and still problem was not solved, I had taken the car back with me.

After few days when time permitted, I sent my car to another dealer Dhone Ford, Warje, Pune. I clearly asked them to take your own time and identify the root cause and resolve the issue. My car was at the service centre for three days. When the car was delivered to me, problem was not resolved. Hence I took a leave from work and went to Dhone Ford, Warje personally. I again spent entire day, frequent trials were taken, wheel alignment, steering angle sensor calibration, tyre rotation were carried out numerous times. During entire day Mr XXXXXX, who is workshop manager, was accompanying me and listening to all my doubts and queries patiently. As per him, if there was any issue in wheel alignment or suspension, tyres would have worn out abnormally, which is not the case. Hence as per him, it was concluded that issue is only related to steering calibration. He even arranged one demo vehicle which was almost new with very less mileage on it for comparison purpose. However it was observed that left pulling issue is relatively more in my car as compared to demo car.

Please note that if there would have been no problem in my car, my car would not have been attended for three days when I sent it to Dhone Ford. So it clearly proves that there is issue in my car.

My observations of the issue:

1. While accelerating the car from 30 kmph onwards, upto 70 kmph speed –

Car pulls slightly to right. This can happen in very high powered front wheel drive vehicles due to torque steer. This is not supposed to happen in mass market car like Freestyle Diesel.

2. While cruising on highway at speed in the range of 80 kmph and above -

Car has tendency to steer itself to left. I have to firmly hold the steering. Vehicle starts to steer to left and I have to correct the steering to right consistently so as to maintain straight path.

3. During cruising speeds on highway -

If I take the foot off the accelerator pedal, vehicle steers to left side very prominently on plane road. This was demonstrated to service guys during trial runs. As per service guys this is standard safety feature.Logic given to me was this – “When there is no pressure on accelerator pedal, car assumes that driver may have fallen asleep hence right hand driven car will steer itself to left side of the road to avoid accident. This is standard safety feature and service guys have video demonstration from Ford also” Although I don’t buy this logic at all, I asked service guys to show me the documentation and video in this regard, details were not shown to me. Anyways it is not at all like this. If there is slope to right side of the road and if I take off the foot from accelerator pedal and release the pressure on steering wheel, vehicle clearly goes to right side.

4. Need to correct steering constantly -

So as of now, I need to constantly correct the steering during accelerating from low speed, cruising at highway speeds and decelerating from highway speed.

People buy Ford vehicles for the sake of ride and handling. I am totally missing this in my car.

5. Pain in shoulder -

This issue is causing right shoulder pain during long drives.

I have already wasted my precious time and money on fuel for this issue. I am not asking for reimbursement. However, I wish some competent engineer from Ford India to take a trial of my car and resolve the issue.

Please note that I am an automobile engineer, I work in CAE – structural durability analysis and multi body dynamics. I own two other cars, one is two segments higher than Freestyle and another is two segments lower than Freestyle. I have around 1,50,000 kms of driving experience on my own cars. It is just to assure you that all these observations are not from a noob person. Apart from me, my friends too have identified this as an issue, it’s not only me.

My car details :

Vehicle registration no. MH 12 XXXXXX
VIN - XXXXXX

Do let me know if you need date wise details of the work carried out on the vehicle till date. I have job cards with me.

Regards,
XXXXX
Alfa_Romeo1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 23:56   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Romeo1 View Post
I am pasting my one of the email communication with Ford India for the reference so that you understand how much I tried my level best and how much you will have to fight for if you want a proper resolution. I had sent my car to ASC at least 8 times to ASC for this issue.
I recently bought a 2018 Freestyle Petrol and am facing the same issue but it pulls to the right instead. I thought the owner didn't have the wheel alignment done in a while. After getting the alignment done the pull was there but it was very minimal. But after a week, it got increased again to the level where my right shoulder started feeling the strain a bit.
I went to the service center and showed them this issue along with other work I needed to get done on the car, they also acknowledged the pulling issue during the road test. I made sure they didn't do the wheel alignment since I had it done already a week before. The SA I was assigned told they found some update/error in the steering software when they connected the OBD, he told me they did some programming and the issue seems better now. He also had the tyres rotation done, though I had told not to.
When I went to get my car back, the pull was very minimal again. I'm not sure if the software update resolved the issue or the tyre rotation did it. But I wasn't entirely convinced as I know it might get bad again. It's been almost a week now and the pull is not as bad as it was, but it's still pretty evident.

I'm not sure how to get rid of this issue completely. This is my family's first car, and I convinced them to go the pre-owned route because there weren't any good options available under 9-10L. Now this situation doesn't inspire confidence at all in my family on getting this pre-owned Freestyle :(
cake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 14:27   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake View Post
I recently bought a 2018 Freestyle Petrol and am facing the same issue but it pulls to the right instead. I thought the owner didn't have the wheel alignment done in a while. After getting the alignment done the pull was there but it was very minimal. But after a week, it got increased again to the level where my right shoulder started feeling the strain a bit.
I went to the service center and showed them this issue along with other work I needed to get done on the car, they also acknowledged the pulling issue during the road test. I made sure they didn't do the wheel alignment since I had it done already a week before. The SA I was assigned told they found some update/error in the steering software when they connected the OBD, he told me they did some programming and the issue seems better now. He also had the tyres rotation done, though I had told not to.
When I went to get my car back, the pull was very minimal again. I'm not sure if the software update resolved the issue or the tyre rotation did it. But I wasn't entirely convinced as I know it might get bad again. It's been almost a week now and the pull is not as bad as it was, but it's still pretty evident.

I'm not sure how to get rid of this issue completely. This is my family's first car, and I convinced them to go the pre-owned route because there weren't any good options available under 9-10L. Now this situation doesn't inspire confidence at all in my family on getting this pre-owned Freestyle :(
I suggest you get wheel alignment and balancing checked again at Mohan Chandra( they are really good), near Indira Park. Atleast we can confirm if it is related to alignment and balancing. I don't have any issue in my Freestyle as such.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:29   #505
BHPian

I have been planning to write this piece for some time but was unable to do it due to work commitment. A little bit of a prelude: I owned a Swift Zxi for 15 years - had a mostly accident free ride and maintained it pretty well. However, it was increasingly getting long on the tooth and I was always worried about the scrappage policy coming into play. In any case, in a parallel development, I was also exploring on upgrading to a Jeep Compass since last year, albeit on a lease model. That's another story for another thread once I finally get deliveries of my model S.

Coming back to the Freestyle, the trigger for me to sell of my old car was felt when I got it serviced where the engineer told me that he could not fix the AC and need to get that done through a third party as my car was old and the dealer did not have the parts.

The first step I took was to get my car evaluated on Cars 24 and I made a quick deal - I sold of my car in a the next two days. One thing I must say: The overall experience with Cars 24 was pain free and although I would have sold the car for more had I gone to the usual dealers, the fact that I did not have to do too much paperwork was well worth the effort, especially given my personal situation at work.

My wife and others in my family were clear that we "own" a small car and as a typical Maruti owner, I chose to go for a Wagon R - after having consulted Team BHP official reviews, decided to go for Wagon R with 1.2 L engine. I booked it from a "known" SA and then my nightmare started....

First I was told that they would deliver in 4-6 weeks, and then I got an email that deliveries are delayed by another 4-6 weeks, then the SA tells me it is all about the farmer's agitation, then next week he tells me to downgrade my trim from ZXi to Vxi and with the fine print to go for the only one air bag option and finally he told me there is a huge backlog and they were doing deliveries in third week of Feb for November orders

By then I had lost patience and started checking other vendors - I had liked the i10 and also checked some of the Tata cars (despite their reputation) and stumbled upon Figo. I called PPS Ford at Pune and the SA advised me to go for Freestyle instead.
Of course, my immediate reaction was check Team BHP Official review and when I read the review and the fact that this car came with super safety features on this side of 10 Lakhs, I decided to check it out. I had driven Ford cars in Europe and had liked them a lot but for strange reason (actually Fixed Mindset!!), I did not think beyond Maruti Wagon R!

Promptly, my wife and I went to check it out (on a Saturday) and the SA showed us the car and had also arranged for a test drive. Both of us test drove it and absolutely loved it! We debated briefly on the petrol v/s diesel (the oil burner is more fun to ride) but given that this car was mostly for city driving, we decided to go for the petrol version and immediately agreed to purchase the vehicle, provided the SA could deliver it to us before 1st of March. The reason for this special requirement was for me to claim additional tax benefit within the LTC tax scheme. I transferred all the money the next day (ok, purely on trust, completely against all advice of PDI before full payment) and set the ball rolling. To my absolute delight, the SA (Ms Vaishali at PPS Ford Satara Road Pune) did all the paperwork and delivered the car with the number plate within 5 days!

I chose the Titanium + which has 6 airbags and all the other safety features like active roll over protection, traction control, ABS + EBD and you can get all of this for less than 9 Lakhs!! In the end, I was super happy about my decision as I ended up buying a super safe car and better built car and in a timeline that allowed me to claim LTC discount (would add up to about 64k!!) - here are some pics:

- Taking the delivery formally:

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-carday1.jpg

- Front View
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-carday102.jpg

- Side View
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-carday103.jpg

- Back View
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-carday104.jpg

Along with the car, I went for certain accessories from the dealer itself: Engine under shield cover, Sun Blinds, Slimline Weathershield, Floor Lamination and a 3M package for one year (includes anti rust treatment, engine treatment, paint polish etc...) - basically I was given a discount of about 25K and I spent it all on these accessories.

I will write about my impressions in the next post.
saumitra_joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 10:54   #506
BHPian

1. Is there really no way of running Android auto on freestyle? I don't care for the other features, but running Google maps on the flyaudio unit would be really useful. Navimaps is good, but doesn't get live traffic updates(or does it- with wifi connectivity?)
2. I know this has been asked and answered multiple times, but what is the best and latest replacement for the stock headlamps, without voiding warranty? Is a projector setup on fog lamps feasible and within warranty?
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:56   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Beke View Post
1. Is there really no way of running Android auto on freestyle, considering that the flyaudio unit is now android one? I don't care for the other features, but Google maps with live traffic updates on flyaudio unit would be really useful. Navimaps is good but doesn't have live traffic updates (or does it, if there's wifi connectivity?)
2. What's the latest and best replacement for the stock headlamps, without voiding warranty? Is the projector setup possible for fog lamps, within warranty?
I am also exploring the same options to be honest. Navimaps is good but has its quirk - on my recent trip to Konkan, it kept asking me for a U turn even though I had chosen a different path - unlike Google maps which adapts. So I used google maps for a while and once Navimaps got the new route, it was pretty cool. I agree it does not overlay traffic information and hence you still need to use the smart phone.

My own view is that except for Google Map, Android Auto is probably not that important or necessary given that the screen is quite small in any case. I have not tried how the WiFi works and will keep you posted.

Overall, I found the car real fun to drive on highway as well as in city. It is quite compact in its dimension and can sneak through narrow lanes quite easily. I plan to do some additional accessories: A seat organizer for the rear passengers to take care of missing storage space to start with, possibly even jumper cables and towing ropes
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:04   #508
BHPian

Quote:
I am also exploring the same options to be honest. Navimaps is good but has its quirk - on my recent trip to Konkan, it kept asking me for a U turn even though I had chosen a different path - unlike Google maps which adapts. So I used google maps for a while and once Navimaps got the new route, it was pretty cool. I agree it does not overlay traffic information and hence you still need to use the smart phone.
Please keep up posted regd the utility of the wifi option- was rather optimistic about gmaps after hearing that Flyaudio unit was now android based, starting last year (earlier edition was Windows based). If nothing else, a phone/tablet latched to a phone holder is the final Jugaad!
Nikhil Beke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:20   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Beke View Post
1. Is there really no way of running Android auto on freestyle?

2. Is a projector setup on fog lamps feasible and within warranty?
1. You can run AA in flyaudio using some aftermarket dongles.It is not niggle free and really not worth the effort.

2. Projector fog lamps are available with coupler to coupler installation. This will not void warranty.Blaze India is a known retailer (Ph:98714 90280).The lighting thread in Teambhp will give you more insights.
maheshm619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 19:08   #510
BHPian

Quote:
1. You can run AA in flyaudio using some aftermarket dongles.It is not niggle free and really not worth the effort.
Have seen this video and even I think it's not a viable option- especially while using Google maps, where the lags could mess up with turn-by-turn navigation.I think Wifi supported live traffic updates on the in-built navigation is our best bet- the Android phone version of the app(navimaps by mapmyindia) does claim to have live traffic updates, when network is available.
Regd the projectors on fog lamps- read about it on the headlamps thread- would try this out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks