Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2018, 13:11   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review

Rumour: Ford Freestyle to get new features & colour option. Prices hiked

Thanks to BHPian snaseer for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-allnew-ford-freestyle.jpg

The Ford Freestyle is likely to get minor updates, which include body coloured ORVMs and a Ruby Red colour option. Additionally, the car will get rear adjustable headrests.

The Freestyle was launched in April 2018 at prices starting from Rs. 5.09 lakh. Now, Ford's website suggests that it has increased the prices of all variants marginally.

The Freestyle is based on the Figo hatchback and features a rugged look thanks to a body kit and raised suspension. On the interior, the Freestyle gets a dual-tone dashboard with a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel. It gets features like automatic climate control, automatic headlamps, rain sensing wipers among others.

The Freestyle is offered with two engine options - a petrol and a diesel. The petrol engine is a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder unit that produces 95 BHP and 120 Nm of torque. The diesel engine is a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder unit that makes 99 BHP and 215 Nm of torque. Both engines are offered with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Updated variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

Petrol

Ambiente MT - Rs. 5.23 lakh

Trend MT - Rs. 6.09 lakh

Titanium MT - Rs. 6.58 lakh

Titanium+ MT - Rs. 7.03 lakh

Diesel

Ambiente MT - Rs. 6.18 lakh

Trend MT - Rs. 6.99 lakh

Titanium MT - Rs. 7.48 lakh

Titanium+ MT - Rs. 7.89 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 21st September 2018 at 13:14.
TusharK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 13:49   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
15 Nm of torque. Both engines are offered with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Updated variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

Petrol

Ambiente MT - Rs. 5.23 lakh

Trend MT - Rs. 6.09 lakh

Titanium MT - Rs. 6.58 lakh

Titanium+ MT - Rs. 7.03 lakh

Diesel

Ambiente MT - Rs. 6.18 lakh

Trend MT - Rs. 6.99 lakh

Titanium MT - Rs. 7.48 lakh

Titanium+ MT - Rs. 7.89 lakh
So looks like the crossover segment is hot again,
after BRV & Scross, it too will find many takers due to the competitive pricing.

One issue that I see is slightly less cabin room as compared to its counterparts.
Old 21st September 2018, 22:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYAM View Post
It all started in the beginning of this May. We were in ford show room to take delivery of my new Ecosport ....

A quick question about the shark fin antenna --- I notice that you have retained the regular antenna, and the added shark fin. Is it functional?
Old 21st September 2018, 22:50   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
A quick question about the shark fin antenna --- I notice that you have retained the regular antenna, and the added shark fin. Is it functional?
No. It is just an aesthetic accessory provided by ford. Not functional.
SYAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 23:15   #230
BHPian

Thanks BHPians snaseer, TusharK for the news. My SA informed that my Freestyle Ruby Red will be ready for delivery in another week. This will reduce my waiting period to 3 weeks instead of the 2 months originally quoted for the color for my choice.
kaushikduttajsr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 22:11   #231
BHPian

Went to test drive the Freestyle for an acquaintance. His budget was around 5 lacs and we visited Maruti Suzuki showroom where the Swift lxi was shortlisted. It costs around 5.45 lac on road here after a discount of 5k and corporate discount of 3.1k. Headed to Hyundai where the grand i10 Sportz was shortlisted which costs around 6lacs on road.

We then headed to the Ford showroom in high hopes for the Freestyle ambiente petrol. Took a test drive of the car and I must say, the ride was phenomenal on broken roads. The gear and clutch too was light. Initial pick up was good enough and after 90-100 km/hr the pull was not as good as the tdci. But the engine note felt great. Overall the car is a great buy.

Then came the bummer when the SA said that the Ambiente model's production is low or halted and he can't promise to get it delivered even after 6 months. Then I called the Ranchi dealership and there the SA said the same thing and also mentioned that if I need to purchase the car I need to have a local address proof. He can't sell a car to a resident of Bokaro. If Ford knows about this, it would fine them Rs 2 lacs for one car and 1 lac for the second one. Pissed off, I called the Jamshedpur showroom and there also same story was repeated. So Ford want customers to stick with a particular dealership even if he/she is not satisfied with it? And is the Ambiente model just for show-off? People at Jamshedpur showroom also mentioned that if I need to get the Freestyle it has to be the Trend version, as the Ambiente is just for price tag show-off.

Last edited by ajmat : 24th September 2018 at 10:44. Reason: Please use CAPS for proper nouns and names - i.e Ford, Freestyle , Ambiente
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 13:20   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Then came the bummer when the SA said that the Ambiente model's production is low or halted and he can't promise to get it delivered even after 6 months. Then I called the Ranchi dealership and there the SA said the same thing. He can't sell a car to a resident of Bokaro. Pissed off, I called the Jamshedpur showroom and there also same story was repeated. So Ford want customers to stick with a particular dealership even if he/she is not satisfied with it? And is the Ambiente model just for show-off? People at Jamshedpur showroom also mentioned that if I need to get the Freestyle it has to be the Trend version, as the Ambiente is just for price tag show-off.
I am getting sick of this attitude of Ford. Whatever product they launch, Ford's sales team never handle it appropriately. We have seen this attitude during Ecosport, figo sport, fiesta facelift, but Ford' sales team is andamant to get the customer out of their showroom. If the marketing/ sales team at Ford would have been as efficient as their engineers, their position in Indian automotive scene would have been different today.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 24th September 2018 at 13:22.
Dr.Abhi is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 11:39   #233
BHPian

First Batch of the Updated Version in Ruby Red Trend arrived at Mysore Showroom.

Looks Superb.

Mods : Please edit the 'What You wont Like' remarks as headrests are available now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-fs1.jpg  

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-fs2.jpg  

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-fs3.jpg  

Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-fs4.jpg  

Last edited by snaseer : 26th September 2018 at 11:42.
snaseer is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 12:04   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
First Batch of the Updated Version in Ruby Red Trend arrived at Mysore Showroom.

Looks Superb.
Wow, looks great in red. This appears to be the base version so that means the updated headrests are available all across the range?

This must be the quickest edit on a major feature on a newly launched car. Now, FORD please bring along a dead pedal and isofix already. Make the package complete.
sandx is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 15:09   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Wow, looks great in red. This appears to be the base version so that means the updated headrests are available all across the range?

This must be the quickest edit on a major feature on a newly launched car. Now, FORD please bring along a dead pedal and isofix already. Make the package complete.
Its the Trend variant

Below is the Titanium, looks hot.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Freestyle 1.2L Petrol : Official Review-titanium.jpg  

snaseer is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 15:09   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Now, FORD please bring along a dead pedal and isofix already. Make the package complete.
And not to forget an auto variant. This car is pretty complete feature-wise but for an auto variant. With that in place am sure this can do 3k+ numbers easily. Among all the cross vehicles based on hatchbacks (eg: Polo cross, Etios cross, i20 Active) this probably is doing the best currently and hopefully the auto variant is underway. Tiago NRG am not sure, if it can be compared to this directly.

Good to see they got in adjustable headrests at the rear. I have it in my 2010 Estilo, wonder why is it so hard for manufacturers to provide such basic features like adjustable headrests, rear wash/wipe etc.

Edit : Not sure if this is already shared? Came cross this interesting video from Cartoq showcasing Freestyle's capabilities. That's BHPian BunnyPunia I believe.

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th September 2018 at 15:26.
SoumenD is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 16:19   #237
BHPian

The updated features are from Trend+ onwards.

Ambient and Trend do not get this update.

Last edited by snaseer : 26th September 2018 at 16:20. Reason: Multi Quote
Old 26th September 2018, 17:41   #238
BHPian

Good to see that the update is official.

Now I really hope Ford make it possible for existing owners of the older version to upgrade to the new seatback with these headrests.

Regardless of the usual specifications are subject to change without prior notice disclaimer, this is a bit of a thumb on the nose to people who bought it earlier.

But they listened to feedback and that is good.

What kept them from giving it in the beginning in the first place

Last edited by nmenon : 26th September 2018 at 17:48.
nmenon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 16:09   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post

Now I really hope Ford make it possible for existing owners of the older version to upgrade to the new seatback with these headrests.
We a bunch of pan India FS owners, about 150 members who are part of a whatsapp group, are planning to send a collective email to Ford, asking them to consider giving the early owners an option to have the adjustable rear headrests upon some additional payment. Because it is just about 3 or 4 months since most of the early owners got their cars and now Ford provides this.
hardoop is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2018, 11:53   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
The updated features are from Trend+ onwards.

Ambient and Trend do not get this update.
Does the Freestyle come in trend+ variant? I don't think so. Ambiente, Trend, Titanium and Titanium + is all that I am aware of.

Most Viewed