Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2019, 08:39   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

This is the new Yaris. Just look at the quality of the interiors. I would have put my money on this but look what Toyota has given us instead. They should have launched this one. Time and again we get the step motherly treatment from the big Japanese manufacturers. Even Suzuki sells better products in their home country and gives us watered down products devoid of modern tech and saftey.

Source

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-yaris1.jpg

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-yaris2.jpg

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 24th July 2019 at 08:43.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 08:59   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
This is the new Yaris. Just look at the quality of the interiors. I would have put my money on this but look what Toyota has given us instead. They should have launched this one. Time and again we get the step motherly treatment from the big Japanese manufacturers. Even Suzuki sells better products in their home country and gives us watered down products devoid of modern tech and safety.
Because they say “Indians doesn’t spend money on cars, they save money on cars”.

When the market is driven by price this(Indian Yaris)is what they have on the plate.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 09:25   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
This is the new Yaris.
This is the Yaris sold in North America is a rebadged version of the Mazda 2 sedan and is different from the Yaris sold in other markets.

Toyota did this to save on costs by sharing models with other manufacturers.

The Yaris sold elsewhere is different and this is the model we are getting.
Ragavsr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 12:19   #229

Hello Everyone!

I am a new member of T-BHP, but I have followed T-BHP reviews and forums for quite some time! I recently took a test drive of the Toyota Yaris and I really liked the car. It was quiet, comfortable and fuss free - plus, after driving a Maruti for some years, I could really appreciate the quality, fit and finish of the car. I thought I would book the Yaris during the festival season this year since I am keen to get a solid discount. However, I recently noticed a few Yaris units which have just arrived on the second hand market. I particularly liked a 2018 MY VX CVT Yaris with 5k on the odometer - the asking price is 12L. I was wondering if anyone could guide me as to whether this option is better than buying a new Yaris G CVT which is currently 13+L on road before discounts. The maths clearly indicates that a 1 year old top spec CVT within warranty is a great deal, but I have never purchased a second hand car and I am not sure if there is a catch that I am missing. I have read the general guidance on buying second hand cars, but I was wondering if there was something specific to consider for the Yaris - particularly because it is a sales dud and Toyota is likely to replace it with a rebadged Ciaz. Thanks in advance!
akumaraa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 12:49   #230
BHPian

Had i been in your place would have stayed away from a Yaris, new or used. Yaris will be off the shelf very soon. Parts, especially the body trims will be pain to source. Also consider discounts only after factoring in the low resale value of a sales dud.

If you have zeroed in on buying a sedan look for a Petrol Honda City or a Diesel Verna.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th August 2019 at 07:21. Reason: Small correction
hydraulicsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 23:01   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Had i been in your place would have stayed away from a Yaris, new or used. Yaris will be off the shelf very soon. Parts, especially the body trims will be pain to source. Also only consider discounts only after factoring in the low resale value of a sales dud.

If you have zeroed in on buying a sedan look for a Petrol Honda City or a Diesel Verna.
Is it that difficult to source the parts of a discontinued toyota. Still we can see many Qualis, 14-15 years after discontinuation
NICHE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2019, 10:08   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post

+1. Thats a wise advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Is it that difficult to source the parts of a discontinued toyota. Still we can see many Qualis, 14-15 years after discontinuation
hydraulicsteer is talking about body trims. Think of the scenarios of bikers breaking your headlamps, tail lamps, wing mirrors or similar things. These are very common scenarios on our roads. For a car that doesn't sell in numbers, suppliers don't make these in large numbers nor for too long a time. Sourcing these after 2-3 years will be quite a pain if Toyota pulls the plug on it. Qualis sold literally in huge numbers so finding cheap look-alike parts is still possible. It was a "utility" vehicle with lamps literally screwed from outside into the body like Bolero, Sumo etc. Yaris isn't that way.

Also - remember that in India car is a social statement. Are you okay answering the "Arey ye kyon liya? Verna/City le lete na?" question to all people you know even remotely? I was fine with that question and used a Tata Vista for 9 years. But then not everyone likes to.

Last edited by navin : 20th August 2019 at 16:15. Reason: typo
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 16:10   #233

@hydraulicsteer @Reinhard

Thanks for the useful advice. My search continues! Frankly, what I want is a car that handles bad roads well, has a comfortable, insulated and well put together cabin and is relatively easy/affordable to service and maintain. Sheer power, driving dynamics and fuel economy are secondary concerns for me. To my mind, the Yaris ticked these boxes even though it was a dull drive per se. I would be happy to consider any car (premium hatchback, sedan or CSUV) that meets these criteria.
Old 20th August 2019, 17:11   #234
Senior - BHPian

^^^Then look into VW Vento, Skoda Rapid or Verna and City as suggested. With these you cannot go really wrong and they are equally good with respect to Yaris.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 00:08   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
^^^Then look into VW Vento, Skoda Rapid or Verna and City as suggested. With these you cannot go really wrong and they are equally good with respect to Yaris.
All the three are good cars. But they are nearing a generation change.
Old 21st August 2019, 13:42   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am pretty sure that the "new" Vento will remain the same except for some quoting another bhpian here: "cup edition, saucer edition, plate edition".
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:48   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Vento in its current avatar is a great car. Just because a new generation is coming doesn't take away the capability of current one eh? Most of the times in this era - the new generation is primarily a way for the car maker to save money. Not too much becomes actually better for us in many cases.

And I think the Verna was revamped quite recently. Its an excellent car. Priced really well against its peers too & offers more bang for the buck. Its quite fun to drive also. Handles far better than previous generation. If I were you - I'd buy it immediately. Good discounts on!

But with these - your pricing goes up to & with higher trims it overlaps with some variants of the Creta.
If bad roads is your daily scenario - don't buy a sedan. Go for a SCSUV or CSUV. I think Brezza-Nexon-Ecosport are all wonderful for bad roads. If you can stretch a bit - get a Creta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
I am pretty sure that the "new" Vento will remain the same except for some quoting another bhpian here: "cup edition, saucer edition, plate edition".
Haha that was me!

Last edited by Reinhard : 21st August 2019 at 15:51.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 09:52   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota's slow selling Sedan Yaris offered to employees at discounts.

Will Yaris not be in Toyota's( India) portfolio beyond April 2020?

Quote:
Rs 3.5 Lakh Discount, 0% Finance On Toyota Yaris For TKM Employees
Toyota Yaris : Official Review-rs3.5lakhdiscount0financeontoyotayaris1068x633.jpg

Link

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd August 2019 at 15:17. Reason: As per RP :)
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 11:30   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Yaris to get a New 3 airbags variant and a new top end variant. Launching on 3rd Sept.

The new base variant will skip the side curtain bags to offer 3 airbags (dual front and drive knee units) as standard.

Is it to get rid of the inventory and unplug it post April 2020?

New Top end variant to get:

- Gets dual tone paint scheme

- Diamond-cut alloy wheels

- The cabin will get leatherette seat upholstery

- Rear seat will get reworked bolstering for additional comfort.

- Will even receive Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility for its touchscreen infotainment unit.

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-toyotayarisfaceliftwithdualtonecolourlaunchsoonpicsleaked1696x412.jpg

Link

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd September 2019 at 11:37.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 11:36   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Yaris to get a New 3 airbags variant ,launch tomorrow

The new base variant will skip the side curtain bags to offer 3 airbags (dual front and drive knee units) as standard.

Toyota Yaris face-lift coming. Is it to get rid of the inventory and unplug it post April 2020?
Seems like a desperate measure which it probably is. I still don't think it will gain momentum with this facelift since it doesn't introduce anything unique that the competition doesn't have. Seems very much similar to what the Liva and Etios got and they still didn't pick up traction

Most Viewed