Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2019, 13:02   #256
BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
My bad, did not realise you are new to team BHP. If you are serious about the petrol Etios I can check with Millennium and Wasan. May be the sales rep you spoke to wasn't really interested in selling to private buyers. Will check with my known sources and let you know. As said earlier, they were definitely taking booking last week. Not sure what changed so soon.
Hi, thanks. Yes i will be very interested. Thanks for the help.
Old 20th November 2019, 16:04   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
Hi, thanks. Yes i will be very interested. Thanks for the help.
Please call Madhuban Toyota, Kurla. Spoken to the manager there and they have arranged a grey coloured Etios VX Petrol. You can check if that suits your need and liking. For any other colour, the manufacturing has stopped and you may have to wait till February 2020 but cannot be assured of its continuity.

You can speak to Priya Khadapkar there and give my reference.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 17:17   #258
Senior - BHPian

Toyota considering the Yaris cross for India.

Toyota Yaris : Official Review-1ea9b1400c1711ea9e771e2a3c06a47a.jpg

Link
sumeethaldankar is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 17:40   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Toyota considering the Yaris cross for India.
Looks like Renault Captur and Liva had some fun
PrasannaDhana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 20:18   #260
BHPian

Hi all,

My Yaris V Limited edition came home today. It's really a very well built car and the safety features make this a very tempting package. NVH levels are amazing (only grouse is that VL did not get the acoustic and vibration control glass, so some noise does seep in) Got almost a 1.15 lacs off on the sticker price in a November end deal. This was the last BS4 car available at the dealer ship (or so they say).

Booking to delivery process was very smooth as expected of Toyota. Staff at Shaw Toyota is extremely courteous and prompt.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Yaris : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191213-17.28.10.jpeg  

Palio_2005 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 09:30   #261
BHPian

Yaris sold 725 units in Jan'20. Highest sales figures for any month since Sept'18. Maybe all dealers have exhausted BS IV stock and Toyota is replenishing them with BS VI stock. I don't think they can sustain such high numbers in coming months.

Name:  Yaris Sales Jan20.PNG
Views: 3732
Size:  6.2 KB
Old 8th February 2020, 10:04   #262
Team-BHP Support

Yes, only BS6 stocks from 2020 and with Zero Discounts. I have not seen the car at showroom but only on the roads and it appears a nice large sedan. The cheapest Automatic is J Optional for Auto at around 9,50 ex showroom that gets 3 Airbags instead of 7 on the regular J.

Last edited by Turbanator : 8th February 2020 at 10:06.
Old 10th February 2020, 17:39   #263
Team-BHP Support

My colleague is getting around 1,75 Lac here in North on last of the 2019 V models in Pearl white. Will it be good to buy or should I try City as well?
Old 10th February 2020, 19:52   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
My colleague is getting around 1,75 Lac here in North on last of the 2019 V models in Pearl white. Will it be good to buy or should I try City as well?
The car feels a bit smaller inside and during my test drive engine felt just adequate. Rear bench is comfortable for two, and found the front seats a bit cramped(My mistake I arrived at showroom in Innova). City has better engine and drive dynamics, Yaris has a much better build and ride.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 07:29   #265
BHPian

Quote:
That's an open-ended question. Is it right to assume that your friend is interested in Yaris but holding off due to price? @Palio_2005 got a discount of 1.15 Lac and hence 1.75Lac seems tempting. However, do ask your friend to check that it is not a showroom/demo vehicle and do a proper PDI.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 09:01   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
That's an open-ended question. Is it right to assume that your friend is interested in Yaris but holding off due to price?
Not exactly, he is looking all over different brands. Just that I am more of a Toyota guy so he has to consider it. Yaris at full prices may not make sense but at 1,75 lac off - is it a good buy or say City with lower discounts will still be a better buy?
Old 14th February 2020, 12:12   #267

I postponed my car purchase until after April 2020 in view of the imminent launch of the new City and the Verna FL. However, out of curiosity, I made an enquiry this week regarding the Yaris. Only BS6 stock is available with 15k discount and 15k loyalty/exchange bonus.

I have shortlisted the J(O) CVT as a value for money choice. Any views on whether this variant is the best choice? I had initially preferred the G CVT - for the roof mounted air vents, steering mounted controls, rear defogger and acoustic glass. However, after the so-called "FL", the acoustic glass feature was deleted from all variants except the VX variant. The G CVT variant stopped making sense thereafter.
Old 14th February 2020, 14:12   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not exactly, he is looking all over different brands. Just that I am more of a Toyota guy so he has to consider it. Yaris at full prices may not make sense but at 1,75 lac off - is it a good buy or say City with lower discounts will still be a better buy?
Yaris has better ride quality, and build quality IMHO.
The City will be better to drive & is more spacious.
Boils down to priorities - though at 1.75L off, it is indeed a brilliant deal!
Old 14th February 2020, 16:24   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akumaraa View Post
I have shortlisted the J(O) CVT as a value for money choice. Any views on whether this variant is the best choice? I had initially preferred the G CVT - for the roof mounted air vents, steering mounted controls, rear defogger and acoustic glass. However, after the so-called "FL", the acoustic glass feature was deleted from all variants except the VX variant. The G CVT variant stopped making sense thereafter.
I have original "V" variant and I don't prefer using the roof mounted air vents. Having said that between J and G variants, J seems more value for money.

If you can afford another 50K, I would recommend going with J variant instead of J(O) so as to get 7 airbags instead of 3.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2020, 17:06   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Even i am contemplating one. Can you share the contact from where you are able to source this price?
It seems attractive at this price.
TIA.

Most Viewed