Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 07:58   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

I think I will skip on upgrading to 195 and just get 2 rear tyres changed. They are somewhat above 50 percent of life in wear. Front tyres at present were rotated from rear and so quite good condition. Just get 2 new for front and rotate present front to rear. I did an earlier upgrade on honda city 2015 but that was a 175.60.15 tyre which I changed to 195.60.15. I could swap the present stock too. Yaris 185 60 15 to honda city and honda 195 60 15 to Yaris. But that causes honda city tyre to be minus 1 percent. Is that fine???

Last edited by vasudeva : 25th October 2021 at 07:59. Reason: Spelling
Old 25th October 2021, 09:06   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Just get 2 new for front and rotate present front to rear.
New tyres should always go to the rear wheels, except in cases where the engine is at the rear of the vehicle (like Porsche). You have more downward force acting on the front of the vehicle due to the engine sitting at the front. Therefore the front wheels of the vehicle tend to be grippier as a norm. Newer, grippier tyres should always go to the rear when only 2 tyres are getting changed.
longhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 22:45   #438
BHPian

Toyota Yaris become the 1st Toyota vehicle to get 1 star safety rating in Latin NCAP crash test. I did not expect this from Toyota

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-yari...-12416241.html
TorqueKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 05:29   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
New tyres should always go to the rear wheels, except in cases where the engine is at the rear of the vehicle (like Porsche). You have more downward force acting on the front of the vehicle due to the engine sitting at the front. Therefore the front wheels of the vehicle tend to be grippier as a norm. Newer, grippier tyres should always go to the rear when only 2 tyres are getting changed.
Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?
Mahn, you learn something everyday. I put new tyres at the front, instead of the rear. Is the conventional wisdom of 'new tyres at the front' a reminiscence of two wheeler usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post
Toyota Yaris become the 1st Toyota vehicle to get 1 star safety rating in Latin NCAP crash test. I did not expect this from Toyota

These same guys gave it 4 stars a couple of years ago. And the Yaris did get 5 stars in the ASEAN NCAP held 2-3 years back. Don't fret. The tests got a lot stricter, instead of the cars becoming unsafe. Most of the GNCAP 5 star rated cars in India would scrap through 2-3 stars in something like the EuroNCAP.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 09:44   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueKnight View Post

Latin NCAP has gotten very stringent lately.
The same Toyota Yaris scored three stars in 2019 in Latin NCAP - link.
This cannot be compared with the results of Global NCAP. Most of the global NCAP 5/4 stars can suffer the same fate or worse in Latin NCAP.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 20:39   #441
BHPian

Bumping up a dormant thread.

Toyota has come up with company owned Toyota Only used car showroom in Bangalore (adjacent to NICE road exit, Mysore Road). They have some excellent condition cars and selling at prices way lesser than other portals / Toyota dealers. Anyone interested in a used Toyota car must visit this place.

The only drawback I see is that they are very slow as this is possibly the first ever manufacturer owned outlet and they have to improve their processes. Definitely worth the wait considering the condition of the cars. You will get a few company owned and maintained cars.
theabstractmind is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 09:30   #442
BHPian

Hey folks! I want to upgrade the infotainment with Android Auto without losing on Steering controls. Anyone who has done it so far?
Old 10th October 2022, 16:26   #443
BHPian

BHPians,

I have recently purchased a pre-owned Toyota Yaris CVT. I am looking for assistance :

1. A PDF copy of owners manual. Kindly share if available.
2. Has anyone installed/upgraded infotainment system ?
3. Has anyone installed dead pedal ?
4. Is there a good quality arm rest ?
Old 10th October 2022, 18:50   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
BHPians,

I have recently purchased a pre-owned Toyota Yaris CVT. I am looking for assistance :

1. A PDF copy of owners manual. Kindly share if available.
Congrats on your acquisition, I can share a PDF Copy of Vios Sedan, it almost covers all aspects of Indian Spec. variant. Let me know if it works for you.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 19:27   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
2. It costs around 20k to get a 9-10-11 inch android system with 4GB RAM. It depends on your locality how big frame you can get. In Pune, it is impossible to get a 10/11 inch frame to fit in Yaris.

3. I have kept aside a soft yoga brick by decathlon for DIY purpose, hopefully do it some day. If you find any better ideas, do keep us posted.

4. My thread may be of some help:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ghts-more.html (Modifying a Toyota Yaris | Driver armrest, lights and more)
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 16:56   #446
BHPian

Folks, posting an update :

1. Have downloaded the VIOS Owners' manual from Internet.

2. Installed Blaupunkt Newport Beach Infotainment system (costed 11k)

3. Did not pursue Dead pedal/arm rest for the fear of rattles.

Drove the car for about 800 kms on highway. Astonished to see that it returns around 17 Km/L based on Tank-Tank calculations. It's an excellent vehicle which prioritizes comfort, convenience over outright performance/ Fun to drive factor.

Super happy with the purchase.
vaasscit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 18:35   #447
BHPian

After 3 years of driving without an incident my car was rear ended today at the Nerul bridge��. The guy a cab was tailgating me for a while. Its so sad to see a car which you have cared for gets rear ended like this. Apart from this it has been a pleasure driving my Yaris. 35 K of pure bliss, no creaks and groans, smooth suspension is a pleasure. No wonder Toyota is the leading car manufacturer. Even the service experience is amazing.
I have booked a Hyryder but in two minds if the quality would be the same as my Yaris.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 08:32   #448
BHPian

Dear experts and owners,

I am eying a 2018 VX petrol manual with ~53k km odo. Asking price is 6.5 through Toyota u trust.

1. Is it a good price at Hyderabad ?
2. What all to be checked if going ahead ?
3. How are the part availability and reliability of Yaris ?
4. How easy it is to maintain ?
5. What are the common faults to watch out for ?
Old 8th February 2023, 02:12   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Dear experts and owners,

I am eying a 2018 VX petrol manual with ~53k km odo. Asking price is 6.5 through Toyota u trust.

As owner of VX CVT, i would advise, go with eyes closed, parts is not a issue. 6.5 seems genuine price. Pm me your no, will ask to add you to Yaris owners group, you can ask your specific queries there.

Thankx
Old 8th February 2023, 19:46   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Dear experts and owners,

Being owner of a pre-owned 2018 VX CVT myself (bought at 50k ODO) i can say its quite a reliable car. Don't have idea regarding local Hyderabad prices but 6-6.5 seems decent considering its being sold through Toyota.

Only issue i have faced till date, quite annoying too, is faulty ORVMs. Mine need replacement for sure as they don't retract/fold most of the times. Replacement costs around 7.5k each side.

Regarding availability of parts, nothing is available off the shelf even at Toyota (Atleast in Lucknow) Everything has to be ordered including part as basic as oil/air/cabin filter. I had to wait for 2 days for an Alternator belt. Hope the scene is different in Hyderabad.

My 2 cents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks