Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2020, 00:20   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not exactly, he is looking all over different brands. Just that I am more of a Toyota guy so he has to consider it. Yaris at full prices may not make sense but at 1,75 lac off - is it a good buy or say City with lower discounts will still be a better buy?
Is this in Chandigarh? I looked around in Delhi NCR and they only seemed to have the BS6 stock, with minimal discounts. Can you give me the reference of the dealer?

I may be interested in a lower model in case they have one..
Old 15th February 2020, 10:20   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Even i am contemplating one. Can you share the contact from where you are able to source this price.
MGF Gurgaon has few units left. I have sent you PM with contact details. Wish you good luck with your purchase
Old 4th March 2020, 10:04   #273
Team-BHP Support

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...t-sales-416380

Looks like with the departure of Etios and Corolla, Toyota wants to make the Yaris the new taxi choice.

They can strip it down for taxi's but end of the day the problem is the price. A private customer will find it very difficult to opt for the Yaris when the Seltos 1.5L CVT is priced similarly and a little more will get you the Hector. On top of that Honda's new City is coming out next month.

Toyota needs to go back to the drawing board and equip the Yaris properly and rationalize the prices. For a 17+ on road priced car they don't have sunroof, no android auto/apple carplay, no connected car tech, no telescopic steering, no LED anything lighting, no auto folding ORVM, no auto dimming IRVM. Over and above these missing features (which even a small MAruti and Hyundai hatch now get), the Yaris is a bland looking sedan which doesn't help matters.

Atleast they can add features and then add some sporty 16 inch alloys with fatter 195mm rubber and make it look the part.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 05:33   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They can strip it down for taxi's but end of the day the problem is the price.
I am not sure how they can crack the taxi market without a diesel engine under the hood. Even if we look at base variants (ex-showroom Pune prices), Hyundai Xcent diesel is at 6.75lacs and Etios Platinum diesel is at 7.63 Lacs. Yaris Petrol is at 8.75 Lacs. They need to strip features worth 1 to 1.5 lacs and plonk a CNG kit to make it a worthy competitor. This appears a daunting task. Let's wait and watch Toyota strategy. Just providing easy finance is not going to help.
Simhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2020, 19:37   #275
BHPian

Why should they put a CNG in Yaris for taxi market when they already had Etios with the same petrol engine? Putting CNG in petrol Etios would have brought it close to a diesel Etios price and could have kept the taxi market rolling. I have no idea what their strategy is for India!
Old 11th March 2020, 20:20   #276
Senior - BHPian

Is there any handbrake bypass available for VX CVT? While driving, the multimedia system doesn’t even allow to change the folders of song, irritating co-passengers.
Old 11th March 2020, 21:29   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there any handbrake bypass available for VX CVT?
I have a V CVT and I tried using miracast for navigation. The bloody thing switches off the display once the speed is above 20kmph with a warning to reduce speed
I have raised this issue with dealer as well as directly with Toyota and they keep blabbering the same story about safety! When the world is moving towards Android Auto and connected cars, I find it lame on the part of Toyota to restrict even pre-existing useful features in an already barebones entertainment system!

Coming to your question, I am able to change songs or folders on the move without any issues so I wonder why this double standard? Complain again and if they talk about safety, show them its doable in their lower variants. All they have to do is release a software update to fix this and I don't know why they are still sleeping!
nagr22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 12:05   #278
BHPian

Major negatives in V CVT that I find

1. Poor interface of the ICE
2. Placement of bluetooth mike. It should have been near cabin lights, there is a provision but it's placed on HU which makes it useless
3. No auto dimming IRVM in a 1.5 million rupee car. I would forgo the auto headlamps
4. Passenger seat is too low
5. Middle passenger at rear is very uncomfortable
6. Backlighting of buttons. The Autodown, mirror folding buttons have back light. Why not others? How much would a bunch of LED's cost?
7. Rear cabin lights unable to switch off. Big nuisance when cleaning the car
Palio_2005 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 15:48   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Coming to your question, I am able to change songs or folders on the move without any issues so I wonder why this double standard? Complain again and if they talk about safety, show them its doable in their lower variants. All they have to do is release a software update to fix this and I don't know why they are still sleeping!
I got the handbrake bypass installed. Now I can change folders of songs while driving too. Haven't tried playing videos yet, no plan of doing so either.

My GPS has became laggy after the handbrake bypass. It lags around 10 meters whenever I am driving. What can be a reason? Will there be something loose or is it because the car thinks the handbrake is engaged?
Old 28th May 2020, 17:44   #280
BHPian

Replacing my wife's Vento as it was getting old and far too expensive to maintain. Looked for an automatic and the price of the City and the Verna were are 2L more than the Ciaz and Yaris. Finally decided on the G (Optional) CVT version as they gave me a great deal. They did a buy back of the Vento by giving me a price that was the best amongst the others and a 30K offer + a 20K exchange bonus. Getting delivery of the car early next week and i should say the Toyota, Nexa and Hyundai dealers provide good practical advise and service.
rangaraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 21:49   #281
BHPian

When everybody else is thinking of increasing sales volume I think Toyota is thinking of going the other way round that too with an already unsuccessful model.
A price rise of almost 1.5 Lacs for the base and G variant is all that was left to kill the Yaris.
https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-inno...jRViLeFln_ClSo
Old 5th June 2020, 21:57   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
When everybody else is thinking of increasing sales volume I think Toyota is thinking of going the other way round that too with an already unsuccessful model.
What is the Toyota management smoking? This move makes me wonder what motivated them to undertake the effort to set up production and launch the Yaris when they could have just slapped a Toyota badge on the Ciaz.

I think Ertiga & Vitara Brezza are getting Toyota versions sooner than later.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 5th June 2020 at 22:27.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 22:04   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
What is the Toyota management smoking? This move makes me wonder whhat motivated them to undertake the effort to set up production and launch the Yaris when they could have just slapped a Toyota badge on the Ciaz.
I agree, this way they could have tasted more success than they have made so far with the Yaris.

I think this might be another way for Toyota to charge the original price of the car by offering a discount equivalent to the price hike and make the customers feel that they got a great deal.
sv97 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 09:29   #284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
A price rise of almost 1.5 Lacs for the base and G variant is all that was left to kill the Yaris.
https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-inno...jRViLeFln_ClSo
It makes sense now. We were all debating how much cheaper the fleet version of Yaris would be vs the J variant.

By increasing the J variant by 1.5L, it's now clear where the fleet variant will sit. Same as the J before price hike.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 22:15   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Haven't really been following the Yaris, so don't know for sure.
Read here that features got deleted on the way.

Visited the nearest Toyota showroom for a price quote on my Etios, and sat on the display Yaris. It was a V variant.

Didn't have the infamous ' elbow rest in it. Has that been deleted too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks