Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2020, 22:25   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Yaris : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
This was the special edition they were talking about.
Great.
So a rare colour that they had to specially develop, some artistically painted over alloys, chrome garnishment for the lights that are so hard to get by, S class like interior mood lights.

It's just tripping on power. Must had added some +20 bhp in all.

The Nexon XM(S) looks far better an effort.
DicKy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 08:59   #302
BHPian

Yaris clocks a surprise 438 units in August

Source: http://www.autopunditz.com/

They should bring in the facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4851402 (Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked)) at the earliest instead of launching limited ediitons.

Name:  Yaris Sales Aug20.png
Views: 3977
Size:  137.2 KB
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 14:47   #303
BHPian

Hi, some of you who own this, what’s your take on CVT performance on inclines or hills? Climbing up and down...

We have couple of threads on this but wanted to ask actual users of this car.

Is there a manual over-ride available in this type of gear box? Some way of engaging low gears or engine braking?
Old 3rd October 2020, 15:43   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
Hi, some of you who own this, what’s your take on CVT performance on inclines or hills? Climbing up and down...

We have couple of threads on this but wanted to ask actual users of this car.

Is there a manual over-ride available in this type of gear box? Some way of engaging low gears or engine braking?
Its bad for Shimla gave bad avg for a 200km plus drive from Shimla to Jubbal.
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 16:33   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Yaris clocks a surprise 438 units in August

Source: http://www.autopunditz.com/

They should bring in the facelift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4851402 (Toyota Yaris facelift (hatchback) patent images leaked)) at the earliest instead of launching limited ediitons.

Attachment 2051413
Sedans dying and how!! Literally on ventilator support now. Plus I think City numbers has both Current and old gen numbers included as one.
Their SUV counterparts like Creta and all are selling almost 10x times more. Same goes for smaller Venues and Sonets- selling way more than these sedans
AMG1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 00:56   #306
BHPian

You mean its bad for FE but do you mean its bad for hill roads also?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Its bad for Shimla gave bad avg for a 200km plus drive from Shimla to Jubbal.
Old 4th October 2020, 04:42   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandadevieast View Post
I own a Yaris V CVT and have not faced any issue with climbing hills up and down. Yaris CVT transmission is mated to a solid 1.5L engine and has sufficient power for the hilly terrain.

You might want to go through the following thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4321740 (Is an Automatic gearbox a good choice for the hills?)

Last edited by Simhi : 4th October 2020 at 04:44. Reason: grammar
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 11:30   #308
BHPian

On the verge of finalizing and booking the Toyota Yaris J (Option ) 6MT . Final price of around 9.7L OTR after about 40K in discounts and 20k off insurance.

My observations:
1. Overpriced it definitely is not. Yes the Skoda Rider Plus is cheaper by 87k and has rear AC, defogger , music system and automatic climate control but is old and doesn't feel fresh at all and wont be as reliable as a Yaris.

2. The Ciaz Delta is loaded and for the same price as Yaris has rear AC , ACC, defogger, music system but has poor build , poor safety and not as reliable or cheap to maintain as a Yaris. Again is very old.

3. The 4th gen city is available for 9.29L ex-showroom which is about 10.5L OTR. Has cruise control , ACC, Rear AC, defogger, music system but maruti like poor build is an issue.

4. The Yaris rides and handles really well. My previous car was a 1st gen Figo and I was surprised by the ride and handling combo which felt similar to the Figo though the steering feedback is zero. I could definitely live with this compared to a City or Ciaz.

5. The 6MT is a god send for highway drivability and mileage.

6. The interiors feel nice . Ofcourse my comparison is with rock hard plastics of Figo and rear space is an upgrade.

7.The build is strong like a Figo / Vento / Rapid and nowhere tinny like a Ciaz/ City.
Ragavsr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 12:52   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
On the verge of finalizing and booking the Toyota Yaris J (Option ) 6MT . Final price of around 9.7L OTR after about 40K in discounts and 20k off insurance.
That is a good choice. I had test driven the Yaris in 2018. The brakes are excellent and the build quality is very good. Being a Toyota it will be hassle free experience. Do a test drive of the auto before making a final decision. Toyota does make trouble free auto boxes and should be a good and convenient in traffic. Unless I am wrong the auto box I think has better highway fuel efficiency than the manual.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 13:59   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Do a test drive of the auto before making a final decision.
Well , I like and prefer manual transmissions , so the auto box is not an option I would consider. Its surprising how the Verna and 5th generation City have gotten so expensive that their ex showroom prices are far more expensive than the Yaris on road price.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:13   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Yaris will not disappoint you though it is not selling like City, Ciaz and Verna. Your observations on ride and handling as well as build quality is spot on. It appears you are in for Sedan and not looking for C-SUVs.

Your post made me visit Toyota India. It has been a while since I last did. Noticed that only 4 variants are listed now for Yaris - J (Optional) - 3 airbags, G (Optional) - 3 airbags, V (Optional) and VX. There is also a footnote saying you can opt for 7 airbags with J and G variants. So much variant rationalization over 2 years.

Also I visited Honda website and noticed that City 4th Gen is available only in Manual transmission and that too only in SV and V variant. The ex-showroom price is more than Yaris J Optional.
Suddenly, Yaris J (Optional) MT variant does not seem costly for someone looking at Sedan under 10 to 12 lacs and seems value for money.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:25   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Yaris will not disappoint you though it is not selling like City, Ciaz and Verna. Your observations on ride and handling as well as build quality is spot on. It appears you are in for Sedan and not looking for C-SUVs.
The option of 7 airbags on J and G variant exists only in the brochure and website. The price list given by the dealer doesn't have that option. The variants available for sale are J(O), G(O), V for the manuals and J(O), G(O), VX for the automatic.

The only other car I seriously considered was the Tata Altroz XZ diesel. Its fully loaded and has 5 star crash safety but coming from an inherently unreliable Figo, reliability wins.

As far as C-SUVs, I want one only if they have 4WD and decent off road prowess. The roads in Chennai and TN range from good to excellent that the Figo (Low GC) rarely used to bottom out. (1-2 times a month , that too under full load). The raised GC wouldn't be a significant value addition.
Ragavsr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 14:28   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The option of 7 airbags on J and G variant exists only in the brochure and website. The price list given by the dealer doesn't have that option. The variants available for sale are J(O), G(O), V for the manuals and J(O), G(O), VX for the automatic.
So I hope you are going for the 7 air bags version. Also does the Yaris now come with the Android auto? One more thing, is the centre console which was known to obstruct the the rear middle passenger rectified now?
Old 5th October 2020, 22:48   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
So I hope you are going for the 7 air bags version. Also does the Yaris now come with the Android auto? One more thing, is the centre console which was known to obstruct the the rear middle passenger rectified now?
No. The J(O) I am buying has 3 airbags only. I will check the centre console issue when I go to the showroom tomorrow.
Old 6th October 2020, 18:32   #315
BHPian

These paddle shifters...are they the only way to have some manual control in the CVT version? That’s only top variant.

The review does mention that even without the paddle shifters i can go to D, M, and +—

Please confirm if you know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks