Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 07:18   #166
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
It think it may not be so much to do with the braking problems of the car and more to getting used driving an automatic transmission when your new to it! You can't caress the brake pedal and drop down a gear to scrub speeds in an auto box, you literally have to stand on the brakes in an emergency situation. Most of us may be more used to former and blame the brakes of the car!
I have purchased a Creta diesel manual 1.6 a month ago. If I slam the brakes, they seem spongy. But if I progressively press the brakes, they hold with a lot of bite. Mine is an Orange/black dual tone model.
Old 27th September 2018, 10:09   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Hey Guys! A newbie here. I have just purchased a Creta Petrol last month. I'm receiving a FE of 8 Km/L. Is this normal? Any fellow Creta Petrol owners out there? What's your FE?
In extremely slow bumper to bumper traffic, you may even get 6 kmpl. Dont be surprised. But driving in the city at relatively constant speeds of 40-50 kmpl will move the average to 9-10kmpl and sedate highway driving below 100 kmph may even get you 15 kmpl. Thats the nature of the petrol engine and the mileage will depend on your driving style as well as the conditions you face.
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2018, 20:52   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
In extremely slow bumper to bumper traffic, you may even get 6 kmpl. Dont be surprised. But driving in the city at relatively constant speeds of 40-50 kmpl will move the average to 9-10kmpl and sedate highway driving below 100 kmph may even get you 15 kmpl. Thats the nature of the petrol engine and the mileage will depend on your driving style as well as the conditions you face.
Yes. I got it after spending time in some traffic, sedately driving on highway and occasional enthusiastic runs
Old 29th September 2018, 09:25   #169
BHPian

Finally got an update regarding August 24 booking of my Creta SX (O) CRDi, after waiting for over a month, finally got an update that my car is being transported by train and is in Andhra Pradesh. I thought they used trucks but guess it’s something new that they’re doing nowadays. Anyway, earlier my SA said that car would be delivered latest by last week of October, and now he changed it to 2nd October. Hope I can finally bring home the car after all this wait. My parents were wanting to cancel booking with this dealer and book elsewhere because of the slow delivery but I managed to convince them to wait till the last week of September. Can anyone clear my doubts on the following?

1. Can anyone tell me if they’ve also had to wait for over a month for delivery? I’m fed up of waiting. Does it have something to do with the color? I booked mine in Passion Orange color. But then again, there are two passion orange colors in my town, one is a diesel automatic and the other is a manual (perhaps they booked it earlier than me).

2. Did you opt for accessories and if yes, can you please post a picture of the accessories price list? I did ask my SA but he just wrote some accessory names on his hand, clicked a picture and sent me He quoted door visor (rain deflector) at Rs. 5700 or thereabouts

Thank you guys

Last edited by GTO : 5th October 2018 at 17:40. Reason: As requested :)
Old 29th September 2018, 10:54   #170
BHPian

Wouldn't advise you to buy any accessory from the showroom. They comfortably price it almost double of what you would get it for outside, and you will definitely get all accessories outside, some maybe even better quality. Buy only if you are short on time and don't want to go hunting around for accessories after you walk out of the showroom.
Old 29th September 2018, 11:12   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
1. Can anyone tell me if they’ve also had to wait for over a month for delivery? I’m fed up of waiting.
I'm with you on this.

First booked on 30.08.2017 at the dealership who had promised delivery in 30 days, but even after 23 days, no response from them so cancelled the booking, got the full refund & re-booked on 23.09.2017 at another dealership. The second dealer also quoted a waiting for 30 days but gave the delivery in 26 days. In total, I had to wait for 50 days IIRC for the car.

Mine was a common and the fastest moving colour on the Creta (pre-facelift) i.e. Polar White even then I had to wait thanks to the 'demand' that the car commands.

In your case, it could be the Orange colour that's causing this long wait. I'm not justifying or supporting Hyundai here though. I know how frustrating it is to wait for this long.

Quote:
2. Did you opt for accessories
No accessories purchased from the dealership. Freebies given by the dealership were floor mats and mud flaps. You can check my ownership thread for all details.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th September 2018 at 11:20.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 11:30   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1. Can anyone tell me if they’ve also had to wait for over a month for delivery?

2. Did you opt for accessories and if yes, can you please post a picture of the accessories price list?

Thank you guys
1. I didn't have to wait for the Creta since I had pre-booked it. But for the Ecosport, I had to wait for more than 3 months. Quite common for a car that's doing well in the market. The color you chose is rare and your location might hamper the waiting period. Now that it's in transit, it's wise to wait for the car.

2. I have attached a list that shows some of the accessories (This one is 3 years old but gives an idea of the cost). I would recommend you to get the accessories from the local shop (like window visors etc). You should be getting floor mats, mud flaps etc with the car (I didn't get these except for a cheap rubber floor mat. They usually give a good quality one).

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_1-1.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 17:15   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Wouldn't advise you to buy any accessory from the showroom. They comfortably price it almost double...
Thank you for the advice. You make a good point. I am now planning to instead bring the car home first (without installing the overpriced accessory at dealer) and then afterwards checking out the local accessory shops for decently priced accessories. As it is, I am only interested in the door visors (rain deflectors), other than that, I am planning to take noodle mats, cut them to size myself and install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'm with you on this.

First booked on 30.08.2017 at the dealership who had promised delivery in 30 days, but even after 23 days...In total, I had to wait for 50 days IIRC for the car.

Mine was a common and the fastest moving colour on the Creta (pre-facelift) i.e. Polar White even then I had to wait thanks to the 'demand' that the car commands...
Thank you. I thought that the delay was in my case only, but it seems that delays in delivering the Creta is quite common (perhaps due to its huge demand). I called up my Aunt the other day who had also bought a Creta recently. She confirmed the same and stated that she had to wait upto 1 month and 1 week for her SX Creta (Black Color) to be delivered. I guess as the saying goes, you have to wait for good things in life

Btw, I have read and re-read your excellent ownership review along with those of our Distinguished BHPian Naveen.raju, Moderator Moralfibre's Official review (Pre-Facelift), Moderator Aditya's Official review (2018 Facelift) along with the ownership review of other BHPians. It has become a daily routine for me. I thought I'd placate the burning desire to own the car by reading about it The extensive mods you've carried out on your car are something that never ceases to amaze me. Planning to borrow some of your ideas and implement them on the car once it arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
1. I didn't have to wait for the Creta since I had pre-booked it. But for the Ecosport, I had to wait for more than 3 months. Quite common for a car that's doing well in the market...
Thank you I just got word today from the SA that my car has reached Odisha and should be reaching Assam in just two or three days. Have already printed out the TeamBHP PDI in anticipation. Hoping to share with you all the pictures once I take the delivery.

Thank you all once again for taking the time out to reply. I appreciate it a lot.

Last edited by SDP : 30th September 2018 at 07:44. Reason: Please limit smiley usage to 2 per post :)
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2018, 18:36   #174
BANNED

Pls suggest if this is a good option for creta 1.4 D.2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20180929183352_chrome.jpg
Old 29th September 2018, 21:28   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
Pls suggest if this is a good option for creta 1.4 D.Attachment 1803168
What is the price quoted for this Entertainment system and is this via Showroom or Accessory shop?
Old 29th September 2018, 22:16   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
What is the price quoted for this Entertainment system and is this via Showroom or Accessory shop?
30000 is the price and online via car axis india. Please suggest any other option if you have.
Old 30th September 2018, 01:32   #177

Quote:
What is the FE of creta manual petrol?

I own 2018 Aug Creta Petrol manual gear
Model. I am getting an FE of 8.5 km/litre, basis local Navi Mumbai driving
Old 2nd October 2018, 13:54   #178
BANNED

I am in the process of booking a creta 1.4 E+ variant. Please suggest the accessories i should get fitted from the dealer and from outside. Any suggestions for car accessory shop in delhi?
Old 2nd October 2018, 15:42   #179
BANNED

Quote:
I am in the process of booking a creta 1.4 E+ variant. Please suggest the accessories i should get fitted from the dealer and from outside. Any suggestions for car accessory shop in delhi?
What kind of accessories are you looking to have in your new car? You must be having some list prepared, right?
Old 2nd October 2018, 16:39   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What kind of accessories are you looking to have in your new car? You must be having some list prepared, right?
Well I am looking for the following:

Full wooden interior kit with matching seat covers. Saw this in hyundai showroom and it looked awesome.
AVN system with rear camera
Steering mounted controls
Fog lamps with drl
Alloys
Projector headlamps
Illuminated scuff plates
Rear parcel tray
Auto folding mirrors if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks