Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2018, 17:05   #181
BANNED

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
Full wooden interior kit with matching seat covers. Saw this in Hyundai showroom and it looked awesome.
Sorry. No idea about this. Never seen it being offered.

Quote:
AVN system with rear camera
I'll suggest an aftermarket AVN (like Sony/Pioneer) with the rear camera ready units. Will be much cheaper than OEM and will function better.

Quote:
Steering mounted controls
AliExpress and OLX have links for the buttons set. Audio controls work but cruise control may not.

Here's a link from OLX

Quote:
Fog lamps with drl
Hyundai dealerships themselves offer this so check when you go to the showroom for booking and get this done before delivery. Should cost around 9-10K if done through Hyundai but aftermarket accessory may do it at a cheaper rate. Be careful not to splice any wiring and be vigilant when they install.

Here's a link from OLX

Quote:
Alloys
I've come across Ads on OLX where the pre-facelift 17" alloys are being sold in the range of ₹45-65K. Try checking them and bargain hard

Quote:
Projector headlamps
I can see accessory dealer fitting projector headlamps on lower variants of Creta. This is not the OE ones but from Taiwan/China. Check videos on YouTube for an idea.

Quote:
Illuminated scuff plates
Should be available at any accessory dealer.

Here's a link from OLX

Quote:
Rear parcel tray
I presume you want the OEM parcel tray?! Possible but you'd need to change the boot cladding (left and right side) so the OEM parcel tray can be fit and mounted the way it is in higher variants.

Quote:
Auto folding mirrors if possible.
Don't think this will be possible unless you fit the ORVM unit from the one that has the folding option (SX onwards). Would be a costly affair plus wiring + buttons too would need to be incorporated.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd October 2018 at 17:13.
Old 2nd October 2018, 17:13   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well I am looking for the following:
A personal opinion

Full wooden interior kit with matching seat covers. Saw this in hyundai showroom and it looked awesome.
I have seen some tacky trims on YouTube and wouldn't recommend this. No idea how the trim looks that you saw, but again those wooden trims can sometimes not gel well with the interior. Seat covers would be a good choice but be careful with art leather. Some can really get hot during summer.

AVN system with rear camera
You have better options outside (Pioneer) and get the camera installed there as well. AFAIK, the OE AVN is 40k and it's simply not worth that cash.

Steering mounted controls
These can also be done outside but do check the quality and price. Also, cruise control will not work if the car isn't equipped with one.

Fog lamps with drl
Stay with OE style fogs. There are many aftermarket ones that doesn't look good. Again, compare the price.

Alloys
You have many options outside for this as well. Stock alloys are expensive.

Projector headlamps
Go with the dealer supplied one since this is one item that needs to work well. Outside shops won't mostly have warranty on these items and projector used will be of inferior quality.

Illuminated scuff plates
Nothing to comment as such.

Rear parcel tray
A must!

Auto folding mirrors if possible.
Auto folding kit is available. No idea if the dealer will do it but outside shops should be able to get this done.

These are just my personal comments . And congrats on your new car.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 17:32   #183
BANNED

Thanks for the inputs. Any good accessory shop in east delhi area?
Old 2nd October 2018, 17:38   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. Any good accessory shop in east delhi area?
Check the "Team-BHP Directory" for Delhi. LINK
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:38   #185
BHPian

Most of what you need was already available in the higher variants. In my opinion you should have gone with a higher variant if you wanted all of that. Factory fittings are factory fittings. Now that you have decided to go after market, do make sure you don't void the warranty of the vehicle with any changes to the wiring, wheels, controls etc. I wouldn't advise you to fit cruise control from any third party. If something goes wrong, it could prove to be fatal.
aviraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 19:33   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Most of what you need was already available in the higher variants. In my opinion you should have gone with a higher variant if you wanted all of that. Factory fittings are factory fittings. Now that you have decided to go after market, do make sure you don't void the warranty of the vehicle with any changes to the wiring, wheels, controls etc. I wouldn't advise you to fit cruise control from any third party. If something goes wrong, it could prove to be fatal.
I am not interested in cruise control. What i was thinking is to get the things related to wires at dealer level and things like alloys,scuff plates etc. from outside.
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:41   #187
BHPian

Car finally reached Assam and was unloaded at dealership today. Delivery was possible today but since mom was sick, we said we'll take delivery on the 4th. Planning to go with little brother and parents tomorrow to Guwahati (some 250+ kms away) by train and returning back on the same day.

Attaching some pictures of the car as sent by Manager. He said that they were going to wash the car and then keep it ready but I told them not to wash the car. I also told them not to stick any balloons or ribbons that they normally do. Hope they listen to me and not clean the car (I'm afraid of swirl marks on a new car ).

Planning to do the Car Pro ceramic coating at home (for the first time) as there aren't any shops that do ceramic coating in Assam (as per my knowledge. Hope I don't mess it up). Thank you to everyone that helped clear my queries time and again, I appreciate it a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img20181003wa0005.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img20181003wa0004.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img20181003wa0003.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 23:28   #188
BHPian

Took delivery of our car yesterday. Odo read 63 Kms or thereabouts. Took it anyway because we were tired of waiting and car didn’t seem to be in bad shape. Didn’t notice any sound while test driving in the city but while driving back home on the cemented highway roads, could hear audible noise coming from the drivers side door. While driving the car sedately, engine grunt could be heard inside the cabin. Also, engine idles at 1100 rpm with engine noise being plenty audible even while idling (not as bad as our innova but still present).

Can anyone (Creta Owners) confirm whether their cars idle at 1100 rpm or thereabouts too? Also, doesn’t 63 kms on ODO during delivery seem a lot to you guys? They had driven my car from the dealership to the yard after I postponed the delivery date but 63 kms driven seems a bit too much.

P.S. We left for home around 8 P.M. or thereabouts and reached home around 2:47 A.M. the next day. When I checked the MID, to my surprise drive time was shown as 10:47 or thereabouts. Now I’m wondering where those extra 4 hours have gone.

Last edited by wadewilson : 6th October 2018 at 23:31.
Old 8th October 2018, 08:09   #189
BHPian

Which showroom? Did you get any accessories from the dealership? PICTURES PLEASE.
Old 8th October 2018, 08:25   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Can anyone (Creta Owners) confirm whether their cars idle at 1100 rpm or thereabouts too? Also, doesn’t 63 kms on ODO during delivery seem a lot to you guys? They had driven my car from the dealership to the yard after I postponed the delivery date but 63 kms driven seems a bit too much.

P.S. We left for home around 8 P.M. or thereabouts and reached home around 2:47 A.M. the next day. When I checked the MID, to my surprise drive time was shown as 10:47 or thereabouts. Now I’m wondering where those extra 4 hours have gone.
RPM levels can be high during a cold start and since you are located in such a place, it can happen. But it should settle down after sometime (750 rpm).

Did they get the car registered? If so, how far is it from the dealership? If they haven't registered the car and it's just transporting from the yard to the dealership, 63 km is a lot.

Drive time will reset after few hours or if you manually reset it. Those 4 hours can be the drive time that the dealer used.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 14:12   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwarior View Post
Which showroom? Did you get any accessories from the dealership? PICTURES PLEASE.
Hi sunwarior, I didn't get any accessories from the dealership other than the freebies like Hyundai OEM Mats and Mud Flaps. Will definitely be posting pictures soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
RPM levels can be high during a cold start and since you are located in such a place, it can happen. But it should settle down after sometime (750 rpm).

Did they get the car registered? If so, how far is it from the dealership? If they haven't registered the car and it's just transporting from the yard to the dealership, 63 km is a lot.

Drive time will reset after few hours or if you manually reset it. Those 4 hours can be the drive time that the dealer used.
Thank you Naveen Sir. I have noticed that the RPM settles down after a while to about 800 RPM or thereabouts.

About the registration, Nope. I got temporary registration done and the yard is about 18 kms away from the dealership, I checked. So the thing is, first I was about to take delivery on the 3rd, but then mom fell ill so couldn't go. But dealer had already brought the car from the yard to the dealership.

Then I told the dealer I'll come at a later date after which they took it back to the yard again. Then again on 5th, me and my brother went by train to pick up the car followed by mom and dad who came with our Aunts Swift. I called up the dealer who had the car driven from the yard to the showroom again. I calculated a rough estimate of the total distance they might have covered, being generous with the distance at 20kms (its actually around 18 kms) from Yard to Dealership which would be about 20 X 3 = 60 kms.

However what amazes me is the 4 hour drive time. Even if they drove for 60 kms (back and forth and back again), I can't imagine 60kms taking 4 hours to cover Perhaps they kept the car engine running which might have added to the drive time or might have been stuck in traffic?

Anyway, I am learning to be content because at least the car hasn't been scratched or nicked or dented in any way. Every part of the car is holding up perfectly. Except for a mild noise coming from the driver side door every time I go over a bump (wasn't able to test this in the city as all the roads were uber smooth while my town's roads are filled with potholes and badly patched roads) and also the front demister button being scratched

Oh well, such is life. Anyway, I am planning to get the issues sorted out during the first service and just enjoy my car for the time being. Thank you for taking the time out to reply.
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 18:06   #192
BHPian

Uploading a few pics as promised (quality isn't that great as they're taken from a mobile). Finished CarPro Ceramic Coating at home yesterday

P.S. Ignore the chicken in the background of the first two pictures
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-1.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-2.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-3.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-4.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-fuel-economy.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 05:25   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Finished CarPro Ceramic Coating at home yesterday
Awesome, the car really looks handsome.
Congrats on your purchase.

The average of 20.x is a good one. Is this an Auto or SX (O)
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 06:42   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Uploading a few pics as promised (quality isn't that great as they're taken from a mobile). Finished CarPro Ceramic Coating at home yesterday

P.S. Ignore the chicken in the background of the first two pictures
Congratulations, the colour looks beautiful. Please share some information about your DIY ceramic coating- Brand, how application was done, etc. Pictures would be great though. Heard somewhere that if done professionally, it costs around 50k What was your damages?

I booked on 20th September with Oja Hyundai, Basistha, Guwahati but since the color(Fiery Red) is rare according to them, they are not able to give me any delivery date till now, so waiting, waiting ... Which dealership did you choose?
sunwarior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 20:20   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Awesome, the car really looks handsome. Congrats on your purchase. The average of 20.x is a good one. Is this an Auto or SX (O)
Thank you. It's a Manual SX (O) - Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwarior View Post
Congratulations, the colour looks beautiful. Please share some information about your DIY ceramic coating- Brand, how application was done, etc...I booked on 20th September with Oja Hyundai... but since the color(Fiery Red) is rare...they are not able to give me any delivery date till now...Which dealership did you choose?
I used CarPro Ceramic Coating for my Creta as most people on the internet seemed to be using it over the Chinese Ceramic Coatings and getting good results at home.

Application steps I followed:

1. Washed the car thoroughly first with Dish Soap Liquid in Foam Cannon and then using the 2 bucket method with grit guards in both using the dish soap again instead of car shampoo.

2. Used Claybar with soapy water (again dish soap) to remove debris that might still be stuck after the wash.

3. Used Iron-X to remove Tar and Iron contaminants. I was surprised when I saw the Iron-X turn purple which was an indicator of trapped iron in the paint.

4. Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 and then Meguiars Ultimate Compound. However, I didn't have money to buy a DA Polisher and thus the light swirl marks all over the body (gifted to me by dealership washer boy) remained (And that is after I had expressly told him not to wash it with his towel).

5. Used Iso-Propyl Alcohol 99.9% to remove the excess trapped oils in the paint. (I think you could use Doctor's Spirit also which contains around 70% IPA diluted in 30% Water).

6. Immediately applied Ceramic Coating. I didn't let the coating to dry more than 2 minutes and wiped it off with a microfiber towel. Repeated the process for all the doors, bonnet, boot door, roof making sure not to accidentally apply it on plastic as I was advised against it by the seller (Ultimate Detailerz, Bangalore). Made sure to discard the microfibre towel after this as it would be full of silica particles and might scratch the paint if used again.

7. After applying the Coating, I let it dry for 30 minutes and then I applied CarPro Reload. This helps in the curing process (cutting the time from a week to 24 hours) and also adds added hydrophobicity to the coating.

8. Dried it in the sun as I don't have an IR Heater for curing the paint and then parked the car in the open garage (as we don't have a proper garage). Around 12 AM in the night, it started raining heavily and car's bumper was drenched. I removed the water by wiping it off as you need to let the coating cure for at least 24 hours before you expose the car to the elements. This removed some of the coating and you can feel it with your hands as the rest of the body is smooth but the lower bumper portion is rough

The reason I used dish soap was to degrease any oils that may be stuck to the cars paint. The coating is holding up remarkably well. It's been raining nonstop since that day in our hill station and I've had many sleepless nights because of that, haha.I took the Creta out today while it was raining heavily and it was amazing to see the hydrophobic effect of the coating in action.

I paid around Rs. 8,299 for the CarPro CQuartz UK 50ml kit w/ Reload, around Rs.1,500 for the Iron X (500ml) and another Rs. 1500 for CarPro Reset Shampoo (500ml).

By the way, the dealership experience seems to be the same no matter where we book. My aunt booked SX Phantom Black in Oja Hyundai and she was told it's a rare color and thats why she needs to wait, I booked Passion Orange in Mukesh Hyundai and they said it's a rare color and we need to wait. However we had to wait the same amount of days - 1 month. As per the SA, they sent the order for Creta at the same time as other dealers in Guwahati at the end of the month and then after a month the car reaches them in Guwahati.
wadewilson is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks