Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 11:38   #301
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercloud View Post
Hissing sound

It may be as simple as the refrigerant flowing into the expansion valve which is normal, assuming the hissing stops after AC has been running for 2-3 minutes

Heat near ABC Pedal

Seems like some issue with the thermal padding in foot-well area (if the heat is of a radiating kind)

I think it would be prudent to take your car to the service center and
1. check refrigerant pressure / leakages
2. foot-well area insulation
yes, it does stop after 2-3 minutes. The heat I feel it is radiating only. I will check this when I go for second service at 10k. Mostly I wear shoes and hence can manage for another 5k.
Thanks!
Old 21st February 2019, 16:26   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
yes, it does stop after 2-3 minutes. The heat I feel it is radiating only. I will check this when I go for second service at 10k. Mostly I wear shoes and hence can manage for another 5k.
Thanks!
Have noticed the hissing noise in my wife's Gi10. It's common in it as per others but havent noticed in the Creta.

As for the heat near the pedals, do check it asap. That shouldn't be present in modern cars where it's well insulated.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2019, 08:30   #303
BHPian

Friends, I have a query. I'm thinking of getting a Creta S AT(Base Automatic). It comes with a smaller 5" touchscreen infotainment.

Is it possible to fit the 7" touchscreen infotainment from the SX AT?! The dealer I checked the car out says its not possible. Says the connectors are all different. Instead they were offering me an 8" one from their accessories department. Experts, please advise!

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd February 2019 at 09:16. Reason: Spacing.
Old 23rd February 2019, 13:34   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Friends, I have a query. I'm thinking of getting a Creta S AT(Base Automatic). It comes with a smaller 5" touchscreen infotainment.

Is it possible to fit the 7" touchscreen infotainment from the SX AT?! The dealer I checked the car out says its not possible. Says the connectors are all different. Instead they were offering me an 8" one from their accessories department. Experts, please advise!

Regards,
Varun

I was in a similar situation one year back when I bought the 1.6 SX Diesel. It came with a basic touch screen blue tooth enabled audio system, and I contemplated on changing this to the HU offered in the higher variants. I vaguely remember someone from the accessory department stating that it is possible to switch, but was quoted something exorbitant, like 40-50k.
I decided against that and I have lived with the existing HU, which serves me well. The audio quality is acceptable, given that there are front tweeters and all that. And the Bluetooth pairing is very quick and almost instant.

I started using a magnetic mount for my phone and find that easier to live with.

If you had to change, then something like a pioneer makes better sense. But the dealer would not be dealing with these brands and would refuse to fit it for you in-house. And if you do this outside, then there is a slight risk of warranty being void and all that.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 20:39   #305
BANNED

Hyundai Creta crosses 5 lakh sales milestone in 43 months, which includes both domestic and export market sales.

Source
Old 27th February 2019, 23:29   #306
BANNED

Hello
Has anyone found a way to force recirculate to be on?
Bonus would be force AC on as well in auto
Old 28th February 2019, 08:00   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Hello
Has anyone found a way to force recirculate to be on?
Bonus would be force AC on as well in auto
It's discussed in the main Creta thread. However, I haven't been successful in getting this done. Works for few minutes and then reverts back to the old state. But for me A/C switches on when Auto is pressed but have to manually press the recon mode.

Do search the main thread and see if it works for you.
Old 1st March 2019, 02:02   #308
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
It's discussed in the main Creta thread. However, I haven't been successful in getting this done. Works for few minutes and then reverts back to the old state. But for me A/C switches on when Auto is pressed but have to manually press the recon mode.

Do search the main thread and see if it works for you.
I tried the hold button for 5 seconds thingy when car is on ignition mode. No dice.
I have actually cut up a VW micron air cabin filter and forced it in my creta along with an air purifier. The company filter is disgustingly thin.

Edit. Accidentally attached the activated carbon and HEPA cabin filter instead. VW filter is plain white no carbon.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-20190222_134253.jpg  

Last edited by H_Dogg72 : 1st March 2019 at 02:03.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:25   #309
BHPian

Hi, I have recently booked a creta 1.6SX D black with Shreenath Huyndai Chembur Mumbai. I wanted the raptor grill for the car, dealer quoted 13K for the same. But it is available for Rs 3700 in https://www.amazon.in/SDR-Front-Chro...ll+creta+white . The dealer tried me dissuade me from going to amazon stating that warranty may become void if wires are cut. I am not sure how wires will be cut doing a grill replacement.
Would appreciate a lot of guidance can be given on:
1. Whether warranty can get void through wire cut or any other means. I intend to take the warranty for 140K KM which includes the 4th and 5th year.

2. I am currently based in Kochi and will relocate only this month to Navi Mumbai - Airoli. I don’t have any idea where I can get raptor grill fixed in Navi mumbai. I don’t intend to buy through amazon as I am worried whether the fitnent would be perfect. But at the same time I am not ok to pay 4 times more. Any pointers on good accessories shop in Navi Mumbai where and I can buy and get the fitment of raptor grill would be highly appreciated
Old 6th March 2019, 13:50   #310
BHPian

Update on the fuel efficiency of my Creta Diesel SX Automatic.

The car was driven mostly in city(70%), but in relatively traffic free conditions.
Tankfull to Tankfull method was used with Fuelio App.

Total Fuel: 48.96L
Actual Fuel Efficiency: 13.05 KM/L
MID : 14.5 KM/L

I have an upcoming Highway trip in two weeks and hope the fuel efficiency goes up, will report after completing the trip.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 12:04   #311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Update on the fuel efficiency of my Creta Diesel SX Automatic.

The car was driven mostly in city(70%), but in relatively traffic free conditions.
Tankfull to Tankfull method was used with Fuelio App.

Total Fuel: 48.96L
Actual Fuel Efficiency: 13.05 KM/L
MID : 14.5 KM/L

I have an upcoming Highway trip in two weeks and hope the fuel efficiency goes up, will report after completing the trip.
I've never measured but mid shows 10 for my petrol auto. Does it mean actual is 1.5 less? Dang. Slow and fuel inefficient car indeed.
Old 7th March 2019, 15:05   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-30MKI View Post
Hi, I have recently booked a creta 1.6SX D black with Shreenath Huyndai Chembur Mumbai. I wanted the raptor grill for the car, dealer quoted 13K for the same.
Firstly congratulations on booking your creta and welcome to the group.

If I may say so, I find grill too odd and completely spoils the front look of the Creta. I would say avoid. But still if you wanna go ahead with the swap, head to sector 19 in Vashi(it's close to where you will be moving) near Palm beach road, there are plenty of car accessories shops there and you will definitely find what you're looking for.

The Actual Grill (My Creta)
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20181224_173015j.jpg

The Grill that you want
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-41c7jkbnzvl.jpg

With that said, unless and until the grill that you want has some sort of lights there is absolutely no need to cut any wires. The dealer just wants sell those accessories to you, hence BS about warranty loss etc. Don't fall for it till they get close to the price mentioned on that Amazon link.
OverKill is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 23:22   #313
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, anyone upgraded from Elite i20 with Telescopic Steering to Creta? Do you guys feel any major/nagging issue/discomfort without the availabilty of reach control on the Creta?

I've recently booked a Dual Tone Creta as I wanted a slightly bigger and powerful car than my Elite i20. But I am so much used to the tilt and reach adjustments of the i20 that I am a bit worried now.
Another question I have is regarding the braking power, as some reviews are negative about the bite of the brakes on Creta. I've test driven the car before booking and I kinda didn't feel the issue much (and in fact didn't even find the power to be overwhelmingly different than i20 as I was expecting. It surely was powerful but didn't feel a huge difference. May be some issue with the test drive car itself?). Any feedback on this? I am more of a sedate kind of driver.
Old 12th March 2019, 00:20   #314
KMT
BHPian

I too test drove the Creta 1.6D today. The power was not as much as I expected and the brakes were not too bad either.
I TDd the Compass after that and it was awesome to drive. The poverty spec Compass is priced just above the top spec Creta. Do try the Compass.
Old 12th March 2019, 15:43   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
I too test drove the Creta 1.6D today. The power was not as much as I expected and the brakes were not too bad either.
I TDd the Compass after that and it was awesome to drive. The poverty spec Compass is priced just above the top spec Creta. Do try the Compass.

No Jeep/Fiat showroom/Workshop in my current City. I'll have to take the car to Guwahati for servicing every time. Doesn't worth the hassle I guess and also the price is higher than my budget anyway. I am planning for petrol Creta.

Most Viewed