Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 18:58   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Dear all, pls note, there will be an upgrade of VTVT E+ and Crdi E+ variant to *Ex* which will be lower than VTVT SX / Crdi S. Kindly do not take E+ variants bookings as there will be an upgrade from April. We have more than sufficient bookings of E+ than the stock available to be cater to the bookings. Some customers may have to be upgraded to EX variant. Circular to follow soon. *Kindly note in this is trim restructuring and not discontinuance of a variant*. Lowest variant will be *Ex* only.
The above post is from the Hyundai Creta owners group on Facebook. Looks like Petrol E+ and diesel 1.4 E+ variants are replaced by new EX variant. If they price 1.4 EX diesel above current price of 9.99L in Karnataka, it will lose the road tax benefit. The 10L+ ex-showroom vehicle will fall in to 18.8% road tax bracket instead of 15%.
Old 28th March 2019, 14:01   #317
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai is expected to update the Creta variant line-up for the Indian market in the coming days. The company will add a new Creta EX variant to its line-up to replace the E+ trim.

The new Creta EX will come with features like front fog lights with daytime running lamps, a rear-seat armrest with a cup holder, adjustable headrests for the rear seats and a reverse-parking camera. While these features will be common to both Creta EX petrol and diesel versions, Hyundai will offer more equipment on the Creta EX diesel, comprising a 5.0-inch touchscreen audio system, steering-mounted audio controls, a map light with a sunglasses holder, two tweeters and a front-USB charging socket. The Creta EX trim will not come with a front power outlet which was earlier available on the E+ trim.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ng-soon-412097
Old 28th March 2019, 14:17   #318
BHPian

Here is the variant re-structuring with details of the features added and deleted:

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_201903281157332.png

Source: Hyundai Creta Owners (India) on Facebook
Torque_Curve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 14:38   #319
AYP
Senior - BHPian

So it seems that the E+ will still continue to exist but as a very basic barebones variant in the Creta lineup. You will be able to adjust the outside mirrors electrically but you will have to open the car manually.

The previous petrol E+ and the diesel E+ were quite different in terms of the features offered in them, in the new E+(and the EX) the only difference between them is of a front power outlet? Why is my question? Why does a power outlet needs to be the differentiating factor between the petrol and the diesel?
Old 28th March 2019, 15:13   #320
Senior - BHPian

If EX stays below 10L ex showroom, it will be a good VFM proposition.
ani_meher is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 13:50   #321
BHPian

While good pricing can definitely push sales of this unit, this particular version will definitely be the butt of all jokes with that variant and car name combination. They should avoid putting ex and creta together.

Last edited by shankarbn : 29th March 2019 at 13:57.
shankarbn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 22:01   #322
BHPian

So is there any news on when the new creta(2020) will be launched? Will it be a global lanch or be launched in specific countries only.

Please update if anyone has the information. As in if its adviseable to wait for the update or book immediately.

Last edited by vampire : 29th March 2019 at 22:02. Reason: typo
Old 1st April 2019, 11:47   #323
BHPian

Had a quick question: How to get traffic on the navigation map. Or no such option?
asingh1977 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 11:58   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Had a quick question: How to get traffic on the navigation map. Or no such option?
If you are talking about the in-built navigation, then I don't think that has traffic updates. But, you could get GMaps in your head unit using Android Auto/Apple CarPlay.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 02:09   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
If EX stays below 10L ex showroom, it will be a good VFM proposition.
Not at all in my view. E+ name has been retained with equipment level downgraded to old E variant. It has been done just to retain E+ variant price as it is and price EX higher probably around 11 lakhs. My hunch.
Old 5th April 2019, 08:20   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi guys, anyone upgraded from Elite i20 with Telescopic Steering to Creta? Do you guys feel any major/nagging issue/discomfort without the availabilty of reach control on the Creta?

I've recently booked a Dual Tone Creta as I wanted a slightly bigger and powerful car than my Elite i20. But I am so much used to the tilt and reach adjustments of the i20 that I am a bit worried now.
Another question I have is regarding the braking power, as some reviews are negative about the bite of the brakes on Creta. I've test driven the car before booking and I kinda didn't feel the issue much (and in fact didn't even find the power to be overwhelmingly different than i20 as I was expecting. It surely was powerful but didn't feel a huge difference. May be some issue with the test drive car itself?). Any feedback on this? I am more of a sedate kind of driver.

I own a 2018 Creta, and my wife drives a 2018 i20. On both cars, Braking lacks that sharpness. So the brake pedal travel is always a bit more when compared to other cars. But nothing to be concerned about. I used to drive a Rapid with sharp braking and I have got used to the Creta now.
And if you are a sedate driver, then there should not be any issue at all.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 11:58   #327

Hi, Need help. In Creta SX Automatic 2019 variant I am getting speed alert while crossing 80 kmph speed. Any way we can switch it off? Or change the limit to say 100 kmph?
Old 5th April 2019, 13:33   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I own a 2018 Creta, and my wife drives a 2018 i20. On both cars, Braking lacks that sharpness. So the brake pedal travel is always a bit more when compared to other cars. But nothing to be concerned about. I used to drive a Rapid with sharp braking and I have got used to the Creta now.
And if you are a sedate driver, then there should not be any issue at all.
Thanks for the input. I've got the delivery of the car last Monday and getting used to it. Haven't yet taken her for a long drive but till now seems like a very comfortable City ride. Bit of an issue with Parking as I am in a Hilly City where parking is bit of an issue.

One small niggle with the car though, there is some kind of rattling sound from the rear, mostly seems to be from the bumper. Planning to take it to the workshop to get it rectified soon. With the i20 though, I have never faced any kind of rattling at all, the build was pretty solid.

Missing the Telescopic steering a bit but not as much as I though I would, the seating position is very comfortable for my height (5ft9in).
What I liked is the extra power of this 1.6 ltr engine than the i20. In many uphill places the i20 used to struggle but the Creta engine can easily pull car in those places. Will have to wait to see the highway performance, which also should be better I guess.

And the seats are very comfortable too, the black and orange themed seats looks pretty nice too. I guess it won't need any leather seat covers as of now.

I still haven't installed my own music system yet, the current one is decent but lacks the punch that I want. Would probably get the amp and speakers installed soon.

About the Projector headlights, is it possible to upgrade the lights? Can Xenon lights be used to replace the current bulbs?
Regards,
Old 5th April 2019, 16:11   #329
BHPian

Any news about the updated Creta versions pricing or by when the pricing is expected to be out. If the update is entirely due to impending positioning of 'Venue', it should be bad news for consumers. Correct me if wrong.
Old 5th April 2019, 17:23   #330
BHPian

Hyundai Creta EX priced from Rs 10.84 lakh

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20190405175444_chrome.jpg

Along with adding the EX variant to the Creta line-up, @HyundaiIndia has discontinued the S 1.6 automatic variant, which means the diesel-auto combo is now available only on the top-spec SX trim:

https://t.co/J1voIseCbg

Quote:
The Creta EX 1.6 petrol comes with features like front fog lamps with daytime running lights, a rear-seat armrest with a cupholder, adjustable rear-seat headrests and a rear parking camera.

In addition to the features on the Creta EX petrol, the EX diesel gets a 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted audio controls, two tweeters and a USB charging slot with a 12V power outlet at the front.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20190405175040_chrome.jpg

Link

Last edited by JS Kwt : 5th April 2019 at 17:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks