Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 17:33   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
If EX stays below 10L ex showroom, it will be a good VFM proposition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Not at all in my view. E+ name has been retained with equipment level downgraded to old E variant. It has been done just to retain E+ variant price as it is and price EX higher probably around 11 lakhs. My hunch.
Looks like your hunch is correct my friend. Hyundai showroom folks called me today and said that the new Creta EX will be launched at ex-showroom price of 10.99L with "lot of new features like touch screen". I replied " I can add all these features for very cheap if Creta E+ is available. What is the use of 5 inch touch screen which is smaller than my mobile"

In Karnataka 1.4 E+ diesel which is 12.2L on road will be replaced by 1.4 EX at 13.8L. So we have to pay 1.5L rupees for useless features like tiny touch screen with reverse camera, sun glass holder , steering mounted buttons , front fog lamp. I feel sorry for the dealers who were making decent money by fitting these as after market accessories. It was a win win situation for the dealer and the customer but now Hyundai has ruined the party. So I am expecting top end Venue diesel at around 14L on road to confuse the 1.4 EX buyers.

Last edited by recshenoy : 5th April 2019 at 17:35.
recshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 10:25   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Looks like your hunch is correct my friend. Hyundai showroom folks called me today and said that the new Creta EX will be launched at ex-showroom price of 10.99L with "lot of new features like touch screen". I replied " I can add all these features for very cheap if Creta E+ is available. What is the use of 5 inch touch screen which is smaller than my mobile"

In Karnataka 1.4 E+ diesel which is 12.2L on road will be replaced by 1.4 EX at 13.8L. So we have to pay 1.5L rupees for useless features like tiny touch screen with reverse camera, sun glass holder , steering mounted buttons , front fog lamp. I feel sorry for the dealers who were making decent money by fitting these as after market accessories. It was a win win situation for the dealer and the customer but now Hyundai has ruined the party. So I am expecting top end Venue diesel at around 14L on road to confuse the 1.4 EX buyers.

EX will have a much classier interior than the bare basic diesel E+ variant. The steering of the E variant is so ugly without those chrome bits and steering mounted buttons. I had taken a test drive of the E+ variant. It looks cheap in one word.

Rear view camera is not a gimmick. It is a safety addition at the least if convenience does not convince you.

Yes you do have aftermarket options but some like me do not like messing with electricals.

Ultimately I had to decide against the Creta and went for an Scross Alpha. Do take a test drive of the Scross. Maybe you will like it

Happy hunting
revintup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 07:17   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankarbn View Post
While good pricing can definitely push sales of this unit, this particular version will definitely be the butt of all jokes with that variant and car name combination. They should avoid putting ex and creta together.
Good one. I remember a guy in the building had a Linea with the variant name 'Emotion' & the naughty kids in my colony added the word 'Loos' before it.
Old 13th April 2019, 23:05   #334
BHPian

Hello friends,
One help needed from the experts.

I am going to purchase SX AT Petrol. The vehicle is supposed the delivered by Friday. The dealer has given me only a 17 digit VIN for the allotted vehicle whereas Hyundai VIN is supposed to be 19 character long. In spite of my insistence the sales person maintained that the last 2 digit will never even feature in the invoice also. He even showed an invoice also.

This means we will never be able to know the month of manufacturing due to the missing 19th digit.

I smell something grossly fishy here. Did someone else also encountered similar issues? Grateful if you could check your delivery details and verify whether the VIN is full 19 digit or not.
Old 13th April 2019, 23:38   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post

The dealer has given me only a 17 digit VIN for the allotted vehicle whereas Hyundai VIN is supposed to be 19 character long. In spite of my insistence the sales person maintained that the last 2 digit will never even feature in the invoice also.
True. Only 17 digit VIN is provided. Can't say about the invoice but even on Registration Copy VIN is of 17 characters.

Quote:
This means we will never be able to know the month of manufacturing due to the missing 19th digit.
19 Digit VIN would be embossed under driver's seat. Check it when you go for the PDI.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2019, 23:39   #336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
....The dealer has given me only a 17 digit VIN for the allotted vehicle whereas Hyundai VIN is supposed to be 19 character long. In spite of my insistence the sales person maintained that the last 2 digit will never even feature in the invoice also. He even showed an invoice also....

......I smell something grossly fishy here. Did someone else also encountered similar issues? Grateful if you could check your delivery details and verify whether the VIN is full 19 digit or not.
I helped a friend PDI their Creta AT last year and if I remember correctly, the SA is right. The full 19 character VIN is stamped only at one spot, directly on the chassis below the driver's seat (there's a flap you lift that reveals the number stamped on metal).

If you have access to the car, check it out in person. It was a year ago so I might remember incorrectly.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 21:22   #337
BANNED

Quote:
I smell something grossly fishy here. Did someone else also encounter similar issues? Grateful if you could check your delivery details and verify whether the VIN is full 19 digits or not.
SA is correct, only 17 characters are what the dealership get when the cars are dispatched from the factory. Once the cars are unloaded, they go to each car and update the last letter in the VIN to complete it. Nothing fishy here buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
True. Only 17 digit VIN is provided. Can't say about the invoice but even on Registration Copy VIN is of 17 characters.
My cars RC has all digits mentioned, I mean the last character too.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 21:34   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My cars RC has all digits mentioned, I mean the last character too.
Then it varies from state to state. My card lists out 17 characters and it was updated in 2018.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 08:28   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Motor Premieres China-focused all-new ix25 at Auto Shanghai 2019.

Quote:
The all-new ix25 compact SUV also premieres in new ‘sporty and muscular’ form. Perfectly positioned for the Chinese market, the new model is clearly inspired by the same design language as the all-new Sonata, but it is interpreted differently. From its strong, shoulder line wheel arches and SUV-like ground clearance, to its unmistakably distinctive lighting design, it is a stylish model that will stand out from the crowd.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-190416-hyundai-auto-shanghai-2019_gpr_3-allnew-ix25.jpg

Design cues to the next gen Creta for India?

Will go on sale from August 2019. the new car is also equipped with a split-type headlight group, which is more design with lots of chrome plated elements on the grill.

Quote:
From the side, the body line of the new car is more gradual, with the trim on the edge of the window, and the two-color body design makes the roof layer more obvious. In the rear part, the new car is designed with an irregular taillight group, and the middle part is penetrated by a light-emitting belt, but it is not a through-type taillight.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-190416-hyundai-auto-shanghai-2019_gpr_2-allnew-ix25.jpg

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-autohomecar__chccq1y1qwas7zkabmbo2lxxd4850.jpg

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-autohomecar__chsenly1qxaap_uyabceeyopkfg933.jpg

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-autohomecar__chsemvy1qxgaoaapabmskqceply832.jpg

Link

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th April 2019 at 10:15. Reason: Back to back posts
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2019, 10:23   #340
BHPian

Just one word for this new design - HIDEOUS. Especially the rear !
coldice4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 15:27   #341
BANNED

Next-Gen Hyundai Creta Detailed In Exclusive Video.

Old 19th April 2019, 16:50   #342
Senior - BHPian

Typically over done front and rear (what a horrible looking red shade) and side profile has been spared and resembles the present Creta! Interiors look cool and also the panoramic sunroof. With 7 seats we can see the Creta nudge ₹ 30L, would be loaded to the gills with features, also has rear disc brakes. The engine specs remain to be seen.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 15:57   #343
BHPian

Bumping up this thread with a post from the Verna thread regarding the wireless charger.

The charging pad in my Verna Auto was working fine initially and then it stopped charging my galaxy S10 though the power light and the phone charging light would be lit up. Since wireless charging is a hit or miss, i did not bother much.

However since yesterday only the red power light comes on and the pad gets warm even if I have no phones placed on it. Charging doesn't happen either if I keep the phone on top of it. Anyone else face the issue ? The car is just a month and 1800 Kms old. If there is a quick fix of sorts, I would like to try that, I have no mood to take the care to the service center folks, least they tear her up so early in the ownership.

I am not worried about the lack of wireless charging, but the pad getting warm, worries me a bit... Feedback is much appreciated.
Old 30th April 2019, 17:07   #344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I am not worried about the lack of wireless charging, but the pad getting warm, worries me a bit... Feedback is much appreciated.
I suggest that you get it replaced or checked for any faults with HASS. Since it's a new car, it can be replaced under warranty.

Did you use this wireless pad to keep any other items like coins, keys etc? They have pointed out not to keep any other items on the charging pad since it can damage them.

Even though it's (wireless charging pad) a boon, I am glad that I don't have it, mainly because:
1) I don't have wireless charging in my phone.
2) That space is pretty useful to store knick knacks. Now that the charging pad is there, it's useful to keep mobile phones only. A strict no for other items.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 17:24   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I suggest that you get it replaced or checked for any faults with HASS. Since it's a new car, it can be replaced under warranty.

Did you use this wireless pad to keep any other items like coins, keys etc?
No, I did not keep anything except the phone, Since no one has driven the car other than I, there is no chance that someone did it either. I was trying to avoid HASS if there was an reset option of sorts :-), especially since this might mean opening up a better portion of the dashboard area... :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks