Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2019, 02:30   #376
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Has anyone installed the latest led tail lights that are being offered on creta ? How’s the performance and cost ?
Old 20th June 2019, 03:08   #377
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
How’s the performance and cost?
Performance is decent but costs a lot. Remember seeing the same unit on the AliExpress App with the list price of ₹45,000 + ₹3,700 (shipping to India).

Yet to get pricing details from SA for these new tail lights. What I would have appreciated is, Hyundai should have given LED bulbs for reverse and indicators making it a complete LED unit.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2019, 03:12   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Performance is decent but costs a lot. Remember seeing the same unit on the AliExpress App with the list price of ₹45,000 + ₹3,700 (shipping to India).

Yet to get pricing details from SA for these new tail lights. What I would have appreciated is, Hyundai should have given LED bulbs for reverse and indicators making it a complete LED unit.
How about the after market matrix led tail lamps ? Those are decently priced but no idea about the performance ?
My SA quoted 36000/- for the pair of oem tail lamps.
Old 22nd June 2019, 15:50   #379
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
How about the after market matrix led tail lamps ? Those are decently priced but no idea about the performance ?
Should perform well. I've got quotes ranging from ₹12,000-₹15,000 for the matrix ones depending on the design I choose and the indicator style.
Old 28th June 2019, 11:28   #380
BHPian

Has anyone installed sun shades on Creta. I checked few on amazon but not sure about the reviews. If anyone is using, please let me know from where to buy good quality ones.

I like the front glass half shades. They are handy.

Last edited by deemash : 28th June 2019 at 11:29.
Old 28th June 2019, 15:26   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Has anyone installed sun shades on Creta. I checked few on amazon but not sure about the reviews. If anyone is using, please let me know from where to buy good quality ones.

I like the front glass half shades. They are handy.
I got a set from here, it was 4 (doors) + 1 (Back-side) screens. The reviews on Amazon seem Good.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are fine. Get the job done. I do not like to have any obstruction on the driver-side door glass so have not installed that piece. The screen does not hamper vision either in the day or at night, I am satisfied with the performance.
Old 5th July 2019, 14:40   #382
BHPian

Hello Auto gurus,
I would like to buy the present model Creta as i hate the looks of 2020 Creta. Is there any way i can buy NEW present generation Creta in 2020 December?

I know this is a weird request and expecting similar weird ideas

Many thanks,
Ramki

Last edited by ramki067 : 5th July 2019 at 14:47.
Old 5th July 2019, 14:50   #383
BHPian

You can always buy a used Creta even if they launch the new one by December 2020. A sparingly used Creta will also be cheaper and 90% of a new car. Financially makes good sense too.
Old 6th July 2019, 00:32   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
You can always buy a used Creta even if they launch the new one by December 2020. A sparingly used Creta will also be cheaper and 90% of a new car. Financially makes good sense too.

It is too difficult to find a rarely used Creta with proper depreciation. Either it is run many tens if thousands of kms, or the owner has put up appreciated cost! I think such cars are best bought new as their depreciation is not as harsh as others.
Old 9th July 2019, 14:33   #385
BHPian

Hi Friends,

1. Just wanted to know what air pressure on your tires you guys are maintaining on your Creta ?

2. Last Thursday, one 2-wheeler idiot hit on the rear skid plate when I panic braked due to a oncoming local bus overtaking and coming head on. When I came out and saw at that moment I could not see any visible damage. But during my weekend cleaning I saw paint has chipped off from the rear skid plate and I could see black paint. Since it is a matt finish I am not sure if we can do some touch ups? Any ideas on DIY please let me know!

Thanks.

Last edited by deemash : 9th July 2019 at 14:35.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 14:56   #386
BANNED

Quote:
1. Just wanted to know what air pressure on your tires you guys are maintaining on your Creta ?
I'm maintaining 34psi for the Bridgestone tyres (215/60 R17).

Quote:
2. Since it is a matt finish I am not sure if we can do some touch ups? Any ideas on DIY please let me know!
Are you referring to this skid plate?

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20190709_1446101600x900.jpg

Difficult to match that matte finish.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 15:08   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

2. Last Thursday, one 2-wheeler idiot hit on the rear skid plate when I panic braked due to a oncoming local bus overtaking and coming head on. When I came out and saw at that moment I could not see any visible damage. But during my weekend cleaning I saw paint has chipped off from the rear skid plate and I could see black paint. Since it is a matt finish I am not sure if we can do some touch ups? Any ideas on DIY please let me know!

Thanks.

Am running on 33 for the r16.

Question: Can the below be fixed by a touch-up. Last week a biker "fell" onto the left side. Really annoyed. I do not want to remove the panels (since they never fit on properly) for a proper paint/bake job, so early in the cars life.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_0585.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_0598.jpg  

Old 9th July 2019, 16:15   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Question: Can the below be fixed by a touch-up. Last week a biker "fell" onto the left side. Really annoyed. I do not want to remove the panels (since they never fit on properly) for a proper paint/bake job, so early in the cars life.
You could try using a rubbing compound to remove these marks - maybe a little diesel mixed with water for the stubborn marks (remember to wash and wipe it off immediately after).
There will still be a few marks left from where your paint has been scratched off. If not too bad, you could try asking the dealership to touch it up with a paint brush. It won't be perfect but it will definitely look better when seen from a distance.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 16:32   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am running on 33 for the r16.

I keep a bottle of compaint in my cars just to save the heart break from such occasions. Scratched my xcent the second day of its life and found the compaint website in a google search.

https://www.com-paint.com/product/va...-cars-hyundai/

Please see if you can find your car colour in their website. Even if they dont have that colour listed , please contact them through the chatbox. My Hexa's grey was not listed , but they shipped the colour after a few days when I requested them through chat.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 9th July 2019 at 16:33.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 12:45   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Are you referring to this skid plate?

Difficult to match that matte finish.
yes, Sir! I mostly have to live with it or may be I need to replace the entire skid plate. For small scratch I don't think it makes sense to replace it. Will see later. I maintain 33 on all. I will try 34 and check the ride quality next time.

Quote:

Really feeling sorry for you. I know how it hurts to see this on this blue color .
However, try this. May be try polishing and then use some wax. May be try this too as mentioned in the above thread: https://www.com-paint.com/product/va...-cars-hyundai/

Last edited by deemash : 10th July 2019 at 12:47.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks