Team-BHP - 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/199774-2018-hyundai-creta-facelift-official-review-27.html)

Hi. The re circulation mode in the auto mode gets turned off randomly. Has anyone faced this issue ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavukjain (Post 4618619)
Hi. The re circulation mode in the auto mode gets turned off randomly. Has anyone faced this issue ?

It does for me: if I turn off the engine and the AC was on auto mode. When I power the car back on (full ignition) so of course the AC kicks in too — on auto. After a while the air circulation button goes off. It is weird. If I switch off the car and prior AC is off, behaviour is normal.

^^ That should be as per design... It is taking in Fresh Air to maintain cabin conditions. I have seen it go back to Recirculation mode after some time.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by asingh1977 (Post 4618659)
It does for me: if I turn off the engine and the AC was on auto mode. When I power the car back on (full ignition) so of course the AC kicks in too — on auto. After a while the air circulation button goes off. It is weird. If I switch off the car and prior AC is off, behaviour is normal.

There's been a lot of discussion on this in the first gen Creta official review thread. Do check that. I did try many tricks shown in some videos but doesn't work for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 4617962)
You could try using a rubbing compound to remove these marks - maybe a little diesel mixed with water for the stubborn marks (remember to wash and wipe it off immediately after).
There will still be a few marks left from where your paint has been scratched off. If not too bad, you could try asking the dealership to touch it up with a paint brush. It won't be perfect but it will definitely look better when seen from a distance.

Okay, I used some rubbing compound, and it removed a lot of the marks. Upon observation that black mark you see -- is actually the residue of the motorcycle's black briefcase which was holstered to the bike. So it is black plastic stuck onto the car body. Paint has actually not come off. I am not able to remove this plastic stain off the body. I tried the above compound and also Coleen. You suggested Diesel + water. Will petrol+water work. I do not have diesel at home! Or any other industrial solvent?

Quote:

Originally Posted by asingh1977 (Post 4618659)

If I am reading it right, you are switching off the engine when the a/c is ON and when you switch ON the engine the a/c turns ON too.

I remember reading it somewhere that this is bad for the car. You need to switch off the a/c prior to turning off the ignition. Basically, the a/c should be OFF when you start the engine.
Happy motoring.

Friends

I own 2018 SX(O) variant.
Need advice to improve two aspects of Creta:
1) Headlights output, stock headlights are not good enough. Need a solution which is less complicated( like changing bulb etc.), Any suggestions?

2) Need better quality sound from the music player, how it can be done without loosing on warranty?

So far checked with authorized Hyundai car dealers but they are not into woofer, amplifiers etc.

Don't wish to compromise on warranty since have already bought 02years extended warranty.

Mods - In case the above topic is already discussed, you may merge it suitably with the existing thread.

Quote:

Its not quite random, but I think 3-5 mins is the time after which the re-circulation shuts off. You can manually switch it on, but again it turns off. I read on some websites that a particular combination of button presses will toggle it to be continuously on, but I could not get it working. Sometimes you need the recirculation to be on continuously to avoid pulling in the dust or smell from outside. Is there a solution?

Can someone suggest crash guards for Creta? I do not want them to interfere with the airbags deployment. I have seen a few bumpers which are made of plastic and stick to the front bumper, will they hinder in the airbag deployment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 (Post 4646215)
Can someone suggest crash guards for Creta? I do not want them to interfere with the airbags deployment. I have seen a few bumpers which are made of plastic and stick to the front bumper, will they hinder in the airbag deployment?

The plastic ones don't make a big difference to airbag deployment as they are not significantly strong at all. They are primarily for aesthetic purposes rather than structural strength or protection. So you can install them without risking airbag sensor issues.

Any metal bull-bar like guards are now banned anyway. Shouldn't be installed even if not banned. They are dangerous to pedestrians (who in our country love walking on the middle of the carriageway all the time:D).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 (Post 4646215)

They are available at Hyundai showrooms, you can check with them. I think they claim it does not hamper with airbags, but I am not 100% sure.

Also, if you have already registered your car and the Number plate is stuck, the front crash guard cannot be added now as it needs them to take off the Number Plate and re-attach it to the crash guard. They are more than willing to do that but do remember that HSRP plates should not be taken off and re-used by oneself.

I own a 2018 SX(O) manual diesel Creta. Just completed 20K Kms and facing an issue with a sticky 5th gear over last couple of weeks. I had my 20K service completed last week and was told that clutch is in very good condition and they have made some adjustments that should fix my problem but no luck. Yesterday on way back home I was unable to get the car to slot into neutral from the 5th despite the clutch fully depressed and was eventually able to do it after considerable effort. All other gears are butter smooth . Car is used 90% on highways and I take care to avoid riding clutch when in city. I dropped off car this morning at Advaith this morning and they want to open the gearbox to check. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kiran

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caadmara (Post 4646720)
I own a 2018 SX(O) manual diesel Creta. Just completed 20K Kms and facing an issue with a sticky 5th gear over last couple of weeks. I had my 20K service completed last week and was told that clutch is in very good condition and they have made some adjustments that should fix my problem but no luck. Yesterday on way back home I was unable to get the car to slot into neutral from the 5th despite the clutch fully depressed and was eventually able to do it after considerable effort. All other gears are butter smooth . Car is used 90% on highways and I take care to avoid riding clutch when in city. I dropped off car this morning at Advaith this morning and they want to open the gearbox to check. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kiran

Did you try pumping the clutch 2-3 times? Did it release the gear? If yes - then I think the clutch is not decoupling properly causing the gear to stay fixed in engaged position. Do not force it out if it happens again. It might result in broken gear-lock nuts which will lead to damaged 5th gear and burnt wallet.

If the above didn't work - then I suspect your transmission lubricant is running low. Have you seen any stains / leakages under the car in your usual parking slot?
At higher speeds if the transmission oil is lower, gears heat up & start having the issue you mentioned. This happens after hitting the highway (and 5th gear) because only then does the gearbox run so much at high speed.

After you got it disengaged - did any other gears feel any difference in shifting? Or they remained butter smooth still?

The A-S-S is right - it can't be investigated unless the transmission is opened. Were you able to reproduce the issue to demonstrate to them? Otherwise please remind them not to call you unless they have actually fixed it. Many times they use the easy exit of "sir there is no problem we checked" and you'll see this happen again in 2-3 days on the highway!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4646744)
Did you try pumping the clutch 2-3 times? Did it release the gear? If yes - then I think the clutch is not decoupling properly causing the gear to stay fixed in engaged position. Do not force it out if it happens again. It might result in broken gear-lock nuts which will lead to damaged 5th gear and burnt wallet.

If the above didn't work - then I suspect your transmission lubricant is running low. Have you seen any stains / leakages under the car in your usual parking slot?
At higher speeds if the transmission oil is lower, gears heat up & start having the issue you mentioned. This happens after hitting the highway (and 5th gear) because only then does the gearbox run so much at high speed.

After you got it disengaged - did any other gears feel any difference in shifting? Or they remained butter smooth still?

The A-S-S is right - it can't be investigated unless the transmission is opened. Were you able to reproduce the issue to demonstrate to them? Otherwise please remind them not to call you unless they have actually fixed it. Many times they use the easy exit of "sir there is no problem we checked" and you'll see this happen again in 2-3 days on the highway!

Thank you for your response Herr Reinhard. The incident happened when the car was in motion so could not pump the clutch. Issue is replicable when the car is at a standstill but I have not tried pumping of clutch- Just forced it back to neutral :-(. No leaks and stains observed, also all fluids were topped up last week and issue is only while down shifting from 5th, no other gear impacted. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviraj (Post 4645508)
Its not quite random, but I think 3-5 mins is the time after which the re-circulation shuts off. You can manually switch it on, but again it turns off. I read on some websites that a particular combination of button presses will toggle it to be continuously on, but I could not get it working. Sometimes you need the recirculation to be on continuously to avoid pulling in the dust or smell from outside. Is there a solution?

None of the combinations of buttons work. Also when you open the sunroof, it switches to fresh air mode. Have not been able to find the exact reason, but have to manually switch it on again all the time.