Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 19:00   #421
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Around one month back I got my Creta 1.6 diesel, serviced, second free service, as the service centre in my town had only Servo engine oil, I ordered Shell Helix Ultra, 5w40 from Amazon, seller was Cloudtail India. The service centre guys had no objection if I got my own engine oil. Post service I was expecting a smoother engine, but opposite happened, the clatter of the Diesel engine increased. This worried me, started doubting the genuineness of the engine oil. After covering around 1000km, contacted my known FNG, went to him to get the engine oil changed, just told him about the problem, of increased engine clatter post oil change, he interrupted me and asked if I had put in 5w40 grade oil, I said yes, he told me to use only 15w40, in Hyundai diesels, and they tend to get noisy with 5w40. Drained the shell 5w40 and poured Mobil MGDO 15w40, and the clatter dramatically disappeared, post oil change. Don’t know whether it was the oil grade issue, or the Shell Helix Ultra from Amazon, was spurious. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Please share your views.
Old 28th November 2019, 19:45   #422
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Don’t know whether it was the oil grade issue, or the Shell Helix Ultra from Amazon, was spurious. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Please share your views.
I've used both 15W40 and 5W40 grade oils and found no great difference in clatter but I prefer the 5W30/5W40 grade over the 15W40 ones that Hyundai ASC uses.

For the 70,000 kms service that will be done in the coming days I'll be using 5W30.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 18:17   #423
BHPian

I have the previous generation Creta SX-Diesel AT (2016)/40K on Odo! Looking for a new car!

Few things that I came to hate in Creta are
1) No speed sensitive door lock! I think this is a safety hazard!
2) No kmpl or DTE
3) No alloys on spare
4) No hill assist/hold
5) No illumination on door locks/window switches
6) Non sliding front arm rest
7) No map upgrades (of course no android/apple car play etc)
8) No illumination on vanity mirror(Misses will not like this)
9) No auto dimmer on RVM

For the price they are commanding, these should be standard! Looks like some of these are missed in the 2018 upgrade as well.
Hope Hyundai does take care of this in 2020 version
Old 2nd December 2019, 16:31   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I have the previous generation Creta SX-Diesel AT (2016)/40K on Odo! Looking for a new car!

Few things that I came to hate in Creta are
1) No speed sensitive door lock! I think this is a safety hazard!
2) No kmpl or DTE
3) No alloys on spare
4) No hill assist/hold
5) No illumination on door locks/window switches
6) Non sliding front arm rest
7) No map upgrades (of course no android/apple car play etc)
8) No illumination on vanity mirror(Misses will not like this)
9) No auto dimmer on RVM

For the price they are commanding, these should be standard! Looks like some of these are missed in the 2018 upgrade as well.
Hope Hyundai does take care of this in 2020 version
Sir, I own a July, 2018 Creta SX Petrol Manual. Points 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 have been resolved on this version of Creta.

1. Doors auto-lock at 20 kmph speed
2. Both kmpl and DTE is shown on the MID
4. Surprisingly there is Hill-hold assist on the Manual version
5. The illumination is present now. Cool white light
6. Sliding armrest is present though the movement in itself isn't major
7. Map upgrades are possible by oneself as outlined by one Creta owner on this thread itself. Else need to make a request to the service centre. And there's Apple Car Play, Andriod Auto as well as Mirrorlnk.
9. Auto-dimming IRVM is present
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 18:20   #425
BHPian

Thanks Kalyan
I hope they carried these updates to diesel /AT as well!

Last edited by Gany : 28th December 2019 at 18:21.
Old 31st December 2019, 13:16   #426
BHPian

The braking power of Creta is too bad as others have reported in the forum. Initially, I did not feel it when the car was new. Now it has run 19k and i find the brakes to be inadequate. My earlier ride was Ritz and even that had better brakes than this million ₹ car.
Old 26th May 2020, 08:19   #427
BHPian

Fellow members I have come to know that Creta comes with some sort of underbody protection and I wanted to ascertain if it covers the whole engine bay part or partial. Apologies for the vague description. All I am trying to understand is that is the engine protection enough or is there any other option or accessory which can be bought to offer more protection for the underbody. My running involves highly uneven roads and village section so I want to make sure I don't end up puncturing the sump or damaging anything. Better safe than sorry.
Old 26th May 2020, 10:35   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Fellow members I have come to know that Creta comes with some sort of underbody protection and I wanted to ascertain if it covers the whole engine bay part or partial.
It does cover the entire engine bay (atleast in the first gen). You need not worry as the car has got pretty good ground clearance. In the 5 years of ownership, I haven't scrapped the underbody of the Creta and have driven through some pretty bad roads. You can see some in my thread:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...esel-sx-o.html (It came, I saw, We conquered - Our Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O))
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2020, 17:57   #429
BHPian

Guys can someone guide me what should be the ideal RPM in different gears and also what is the ideal RPM at which we should change the gears.

I am suspecting that I might be approaching both these issues too conservatively.

I want to correct that habit.

Mine is a 1.6 Manual Petrol
Old 10th September 2021, 23:25   #430
BHPian

I have the 2018 Creta VTVT SX. When i turn the car off after a drive by pressing the start/stop button, the car beeps 5 times. I am fairly certain this started recently and was not the case earlier. As per the hyundai service advisor this is by design.
Anyone else's car beeping this way when the ignition is turned off?
Old 13th September 2021, 12:46   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
I have the 2018 Creta VTVT SX. When i turn the car off after a drive by pressing the start/stop button, the car beeps 5 times. I am fairly certain this started recently and was not the case earlier. As per the hyundai service advisor this is by design.
Anyone else's car beeping this way when the ignition is turned off?
Found the fix for this. The beeps were happening due to low battery in the smart key. Surprisingly, Trident Hyundai service in Bengaluru did not know about this.
Ordered the Panasonic CR2032 from Amazon, and a simple battery change later, the annoying beeps are gone.
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 13:04   #432
BHPian

I own 2018 facelift Creta petrol SX AT. It has served me very well for the past 4 years. However , yesterday, a very weird incident happened (in my experience). Wife and I were heading out for some shopping and when I started the engine of the car, the whole cabin started to shake and check engine light was flashing. I immediately switched off the the engine. I opened the bonnet to check the engine bay for any visible issues. Did not see any issue. With a lot of concern I again switched on the engine. This time there were not vibrations or engine light. Turned on and off the engine a couple of time and did not see any issue. We started on road with reluctance but thankfully no issues and I am back. In text I did another short trip after that.

But I am concerned due this incident, a lot. I have had pretty much niggle free ownership so far and now there are horrors of engine issues running in my mind mind.

When I searched online I figured that it was an engine misfire. And that it could be due to mutiple reasons- spark plug, fuel mixture, wiring issue, etc. etc.

Couple of things I am able to trace back
1. Had a tank full of HP Power petrol the previous night
2 there are rats in my society open area and as car is parked outside, rats do make visit to the car. But I did not notice any visible signs of rodent damage.

Questions

1. Has anyone else experienced this issue in Creta petrol? How common is this?
2. What should be my next course of action here? Should I be running to the SC or wait?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th June 2023, 19:01   #433
BHPian

A short review of my 2018 1.4 D MT (Base) Creta. The vehicle has done 1,40,000 KMs.

1. Excellent mileage. Can easily touch 18 KMPL in regular city traffic. 20+ on highways achievable.
2. Terrific drivability: The engine feels comfortable even at idle RPMs. Can cruise around town in 3rd gear 90% of time.
3. Light controls: The steering, clutch, accelerator, gear selector, and brake are super light. The clutch action is neither short nor long. Don't get tired even in heavy traffic conditions.
4. Chill AC.
5. No rattles whatsoever.
6. At 11.5 lakhs on road, excellent value for money. Those were the days.
7. Good seating position.
8. Steering calibration is spot on. No misalignment, or left pulling, even after some rough usage. Why can't every manufacturer get this right? I'm looking at you Mahindra, and Tata.
9. No rusting whatsoever.
10. Appropriately tired vehicle. The steel rims improve the ride quality.
11. Service centers generally stock most of the spares.
12. The paint, including the clear-coat, has held up well. Can't be sure if my 2022 XUV700 will retain its shades as well.
13. Nominal service costs. Almost as low as a compact sedan.

Negatives

1. Poor rear visibility due to very small glass area.
2. The engine lacks outright punch in the 2000-3000 RPM range. Can't overtake on undivided highways with heavy traffic.
3. Steering has play in the centre at highspeeds. Also, body roll is evident in corners.

Niggles

1. A valve in the AC circuit conked after 1,20,000 KMs. Replaced at nominal costs.
2. Rear suspension developed minor rattles after 1,00,000 KMs. Fixed by torquing and lubrication.
3. Noticed brake judder last week. Fixed by cleaning the brake pads.

Overall, an excellent package. BS6 put paid to this gem of an engine; Hyundai had to move the Creta, and the i20 to the 1.5 D to save costs. Else, I'm pretty confident that they'd have continued offering this phenomenal value package.

Last edited by buzzy_boy : 13th June 2023 at 19:10.
buzzy_boy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 22:40   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
A short review of my 2018 1.4 D MT (Base) Creta. The vehicle has done 1,40,000 KMs.

1. Excellent mileage. Can easily touch 18 KMPL in regular city traffic. 20+ on highways achievable.
2. Terrific drivability: The engine feels comfortable even at idle RPMs. Can cruise around town in 3rd gear 90% of time.
3. Light controls: The steering, clutch, accelerator, gear selector, and brake are super light. The clutch action is neither short nor long. Don't get tired even in heavy traffic conditions.
4. Chill AC.
5. No rattles whatsoever.
6. At 11.5 lakhs on road, excellent value for money. Those were the days.
7. Good seating position.
8. Steering calibration is spot on. No misalignment, or left pulling, even after some rough usage. Why can't every manufacturer get this right? I'm looking at you Mahindra, and Tata.
9. No rusting whatsoever.
10. Appropriately tired vehicle. The steel rims improve the ride quality.
11. Service centers generally stock most of the spares.
12. The paint, including the clear-coat, has held up well. Can't be sure if my 2022 XUV700 will retain its shades as well.
13. Nominal service costs. Almost as low as a compact sedan.

Negatives

1. Poor rear visibility due to very small glass area.
2. The engine lacks outright punch in the 2000-3000 RPM range. Can't overtake on undivided highways with heavy traffic.
3. Steering has play in the centre at highspeeds. Also, body roll is evident in corners.

Niggles

1. A valve in the AC circuit conked after 1,20,000 KMs. Replaced at nominal costs.
2. Rear suspension developed minor rattles after 1,00,000 KMs. Fixed by torquing and lubrication.
3. Noticed brake judder last week. Fixed by cleaning the brake pads.

Overall, an excellent package. BS6 put paid to this gem of an engine; Hyundai had to move the Creta, and the i20 to the 1.5 D to save costs. Else, I'm pretty confident that they'd have continued offering this phenomenal value package.
I second those points. I have a 2017 1.4 D E plus variant. To add to these points, i like the overall comfort it offers to all passengers. The roominess it has and the boot space is super usable. I loaded almost a room at times(occassionally on marriages,or highway runs with two small families). I am in love with this car and dread the partition due to NCR rule of 10 year diesel. I dont think i ll ever get a better replacement in the same budget. Thinking about a petrol creta next but then the mileage and the percieved lower quality of the new creta in comparison to this one(not sure though) makes me worried.
RaSing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:36   #435
BHPian

Recently, I encountered an increase in engine noise of me July 2018 Creta 1.6D. It has been running silently for last 5.5 years without any issues. However, last week, I noticed a comparatively loud noise from engine which was the immediately noticeable as it was unlike usual sound and was more closer to VW/Skoda Diesels. I shared the video of the same with Service Advisor who agreed the noise was more than usual and he told me to bring the car to service centre. He checked and engine oil level is fine. They will be carrying out checks on the car.

What should I expect?

P.S. I am unable to upload the video recording of the noise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks