Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2018, 14:16   #121

Hi, I wrote the above to Hyundai on the day of delivery. Till date there has been no call
Sent them an email at the flwg ID mentioned on their website "crsales@hmil.net and crservice@hmil.net"

////

Dear Hyundai,

I am surprised at the lack of response or any attempt to even reach the complainant.

////

The Odometer is digital, I am not sure if that can be reset by the dealer. The trip can be reset but not the ODO counter (in my opinion).
Old 25th August 2018, 14:32   #122
BHPian

Re: Poor experience with Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai for delivery of Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmahendra View Post
Hi, I wrote the above to Hyundai on the day of delivery. Till date there has been no call.......
Send your original email to: cr@hmil.net

About the ODO reset: Most reputable dealerships do not practise this. In recent times, there has been an effort by manufacturers to severely cripple the ODO resetting mechanism that was earlier used (putting the car in transport mode). Instead of not counting the miles, the car just switches to an extremely low battery consuming mode in transport mode but still counts the mileage (and exits the transport mode if driven). Sure, the ODO can be reset by using shady third party software but I highly doubt any dealership would take such a risk because its exposure would mean the loss of business forever.
typlo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 14:40   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Buying a new car should be one of the best moments of one's life, which unfortunately, doesn't seem to be the case with you and your family. Share your feedback with Hyundai India on their online portal. Don't let this incident go unnoticed, the dealer should be taken to task.

Here is the link where you can post your feedback-

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/ServiceFeedbacks.aspx

The VIN is missing last two digits. Should be 19 digits. Please check below the driver's seat and share.

Dear Col Mehta,
The last two digits are XE. The car as per VIN records is May 2018.
The portal link you shared limits to 1000 alphabets, hence could not / did not use the web portal page. The web page also mention crsales@hmil.net and crservice@hmil.net, if anyone wishes to reach them via email, which I did.
amitmahendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 14:46   #124
BHPian

Re: Poor experience with Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai for delivery of Hyundai Creta

One or more trips to different stock yards would get the odo to about 100 plus. Was your variant out of stock at the dealer? Anyways, multiple test drives would certainly clock more than that and any probable tampering attempts would have reset it to 5kms or so.

As it is impossible to get a car straight from the production line, if you are happy with the car, just enjoy it. Don't let this ruin the charm of a new car purchase.
Old 25th August 2018, 14:59   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Buying a car is a big occasion to Indian families and the celebrations would last for weeks. Leaving the car showroom on a sour note is indeed the last situation one would like to be into.

In my opinion, it is blatantly irresponsible on part of the Hyundai dealer not to have readied your car in "all respects" before offering you the delivery. Seeing ones 'new car', being incomplete, mishandled and in shabby state, is very painful sight. Weather and pollution are mere excuses cited by the dealer for its carelessness and Hyundai needs to give a serious look into such conduct of the dealers. As 'Engine Roars' correctly suggested, reading the Team-BHP PDI checklist before going to the showroom (and carrying a print of the same along with) for delivery saves great pains later.

Coming to the question of the readings on the odometer, I suppose the Navi Mumbai RTO is located at Vashi which is at a short distance less than 10 kilometers from the showroom (this is what it appears from G-maps) so even multiple visit should not add up to 120+ Kms on the odometer. Nonetheless, it is very much possible for the Odometer to be reset at the dealers end at any time before delivery. In nutshell one can never know if his vehicle was ever used by the dealer for performing "other duties".

I suggest you could have taken pictures of the car in the shabby state and while being offered to be 'explored' by other people, and escalate this to the top management at Hyundai Motors India Limited.

Dear King_pin09,
I have sent an email to Hyundai, yet awaiting response. Let's see what comes up. In fact , I have sent a two liner email expressing my surprise at their lack of response to my email. The Team BHP checklist is indeed comprehensive and eye opener.
On the ODO, the visiting Sharayu staff says that they keep shifting cars between their "other showrooms".
I am quite keen to ask Hyundai what construes a new car, I am sure their qualitative requirements to all their dealers should have some guidelines on car usage / running prior to delivery.
Running 120 kms between showrooms, I think that is B.S.. who covers insurance if something happens....

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Send your original email to: cr@hmil.net

About the ODO reset: Most reputable dealerships do not practise this. In recent times, there has been an effort by manufacturers to severely cripple the ODO resetting mechanism that was earlier used (putting the car in transport mode). Instead of not counting the miles, the car just switches to an extremely low battery consuming mode in transport mode but still counts the mileage (and exits the transport mode if driven). Sure, the ODO can be reset by using shady third party software but I highly doubt any dealership would take such a risk because its exposure would mean the loss of business forever.

Hi Typlo,

Done.!sent to mentioned id

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdi View Post
One or more trips to different stock yards would get the odo to about 100 plus. Was your variant out of stock at the dealer? Anyways, multiple test drives would certainly clock more than that and any probable tampering attempts would have reset it to 5kms or so.

As it is impossible to get a car straight from the production line, if you are happy with the car, just enjoy it. Don't let this ruin the charm of a new car purchase.

Hi crdi,

The car as per VIN is May 2018 manufacturing. It has been with the dealer in stock.

Quote:
Your concerns are correctly placed. Buying a car is a special occasion for people worldwide and should have been for you as well.

Finally, I would like to suggest that you focus on enjoying the ride because isn't this why you bought your sweet ride?

P.S: Send some pictures.

Hi Typlo,

The car (and me ) are presently at 3M car care getting the Paint coating, underside rust protection done.
The charging port cover, Sharayu Hyundai will replace (I have told them that get the car back only at 1st servicing at end of two months (19Oct2018))

Some pics at 3M car care Vashi Navi Mumbai 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1535190195.796649.jpg2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-imageuploadedbyteambhp1535190228.135385.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 25th August 2018 at 19:42. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please edit or multi-quote instead of back to back posts
amitmahendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 15:47   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually 120 km is not that much. Lots of dealers drive the car from the stockyard to the dealership on a Trade Certificate plate. And cars sometimes move from one showroom to another. I would by panic about that - virtually every car I have bought has had between 50 and 100 kms on the odo.
Hayek is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 16:03   #127
BHPian

It's the most horrible showroom. Pathetic sales staff and all the more pathetic service. Had given my car for 2nd free service. Never ever crossed their gates again such a bad experience.

Please never ever give your lovely car for service there.
Old 25th August 2018, 16:06   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly any bhpian that doesn't do a proper PDI check and take action in accordance with the pdi results is to blame. Yes the dealership of course has the responsibility; but then on the forum we have been harping on the importance of a proper PDI since ages. If you pick up the car without a proper PDI, be ready mentally to face any problems that come up and do the follow-up to get it rectified.

I would recommend to just suck it up; get the broken port cover once available and be happy with your ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Actually 120 km is not that much. Lots of dealers drive the car from the stockyard to the dealership on a Trade Certificate plate. And cars sometimes move from one showroom to another. I would by panic about that - virtually every car I have bought has had between 50 and 100 kms on the odo.
+ 1
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 16:19   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The flwg was emailed to Hyundai about dealers attitude at the time of delivery.
Sorry to hear about this, but unfortunately, we have to be extra cautious with all dealers. I hope you did PDI before the car was sent for registration. Because, once the car is sent in, there is nothing you can do it would be registered on your name. Most dealers do take care of cars waiting for delivery, but some salesmen might get lazy and instead of showing the car in the back of the building, they will show customers your car.

Quote:
In recent times, there has been an effort by manufacturers to severely cripple the ODO resetting mechanism...
It is very easy to tamper odo. However the signs of wear and rear on the tyres, the condition on engine oil, smudges on the interiors, etc. would be difficult to mask, so most don't resort to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I would recommend to just suck it up; get the broken port cover once available and be happy with your ownership.
+1. There is nothing to be gained over this except bad relations. Just make sure you make the dealership aware of your displeasure and ensure that they rectify the faults. The next time you go in for a service, you will get VIP treatment. The Odo could be a genuine case as stockyards are a good 30-40 kms or even more away and I know instances when cars shuffled up and down more than 3-4 times just due to lack of space at the dealership. However this is rare.

Last edited by blackwasp : 25th August 2018 at 16:36.
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 16:24   #130
Senior - BHPian

I have not read The Tbhp car buying guide. But whenever you are buying a car, you have to ask which month model you will get. If you are buying a car in the midst of the year eg. August then you must insist for July or August manufactured car. If the dealer says it's older like April or something then you must ask for a discount. The dealers generally tend to sell away the old stock first. Problem with old stock is that you do not know where the car is lying and in what condition. Most of the warehouses like the ones at Bhiwandi (for Mumbai-Thane region) are open grounds, where new unregistered cars are lying under the sun for months together.

Worst is when a dealer tries to sell a test drive car to you. If you come to know, you must refuse it bluntly.

Now if you buy in the last month of the year (December) and if the car is not a very high selling model, then you will definitely get an older vehicle. Here you have to negotiate heavy discounts. Usually dealers want to clear all their stocks by January. If you are buying in January or February and if the dealer is giving you a previous years manufactured vehicle, then the discounts are going to be in lakhs, depending on the make /model. This is one way of buying expensive cars where you can bargain a lot.

But above does not work with very high end and luxury cars which sell in very less numbers. Here you will have to settle with what the dealer has in stock or go to another dealer.

Before the insurance and registration, you must physically have a look at the car and do a small PDI yourself. Once registration is done, you can't do anything besides complaining.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 25th August 2018 at 16:32.
Old 25th August 2018, 16:39   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
It's the most horrible showroom. Pathetic sales staff and all the more pathetic service. Had given my car for 2nd free service. Never ever crossed their gates again such a bad experience.

Please never ever give your lovely car for service there.

Hi Dodge_Viper,

Which Hyundai dealer you recommend for servicing and post sales matter in Navi Mumbai
Old 25th August 2018, 18:10   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dodge_Viper,

Which Hyundai dealer you recommend for servicing and post sales matter in Navi Mumbai
I did my all free services (except one which was at Sharayu) and 1 paid service from Modi Hyundai Thane. Their service center is on Pokhran Road 2. Later on I fixed a local FNG for all my services and do it from there only. I simply don't trust any of these service centers.
Old 26th August 2018, 07:58   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Facing an unexpected ergonomic issue in my new Creta. Both my wife and I feel the rear seat incline is too much and we are unable to find a comfortable position to sit when on 1 hour+ drives.

We have the E+ and don't have the adjustable headrests either. The integrated ones are puny and it is useless to try and lean back your head against them.

Any ideas apart from radically rebuilding the rear seat with padding etc.?
Old 26th August 2018, 09:22   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any ideas apart from radically rebuilding the rear seat with padding etc.?
Try using a full length seat cushion that comes with extra padding. Should be available on Amazon/AE.

For reference

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-carseatcushionforadults.jpg

Source - Google Images

Else, you can try Stanley/Karlsson but that will be expensive.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 09:29   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Try using a full length seat cushion that comes with extra padding. Should be available on Amazon/AE.

For reference

Attachment 1793483

Source - Google Images

Else, you can try Stanley/Karlsson but that will be expensive.
Good idea. Let me check. Need similar set-up only for the rear seats. Front ones quite okay.

Most Viewed