Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2018, 16:26   #76
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Any update on this, as I also booked the petrol automatic and schedule to be delivered in next 10 days?
Check the Hyundai website. Wireless charging is shown as a feature for SX, SX(Dual) and SX(O) variants now. Apart from that I did not see any SX(O) feature spilling into lower variants. So make sure the vehicle you are getting has this feature or delay the delivery till you get it. I doubt if they will change the ex-showroom price for one feature.
Old 11th July 2018, 16:31   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Check the Hyundai website. Wireless charging is shown as a feature for SX, SX(Dual) and SX(O) variants now. Apart from that I did not see any SX(O) feature spilling into lower variants. So make sure the vehicle you are getting has this feature or delay the delivery till you get it. I doubt if they will change the ex-showroom price for one feature.
If only they could have added 6 airbags and/or ESC to SX+, than a bling feature like wireless charging
arun687 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 16:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post
If only they could have added 6 airbags and/or ESC to SX+, than a bling feature like wireless charging
Then why will anyone buy the SX(O)?
If they added an SX(O) AT, they have a better chance of getting some more prospective customers
aviraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 17:38   #79
BHPian

Quote:
If they added an SX(O) AT, they have a better chance of getting some more prospective customers
Absolutely agree. We took a test drive of AT for my wife and then after learning that the same lacked most of the of the features (especially 6 Airbags and Sunroof) compared to the top MT model, decided to drop our plans and wait for the festival season hoping Hyundai will see the demand and launch SX(O) in AT.

If a buyer can spend 18L (onroad in Bangalore) for this version, I am sure there will be no hesitation in spending an additional 1L for all those features. Is Hyundai listening?

Last edited by nareshtrao : 11th July 2018 at 17:40.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 17:48   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Can't agree more. The only grouse I had was non-availability of AT in top end trim. While it may have still worked for them in terms of sales number but am sure there are more than enough takers for top end AT with all bell and whistles. Why not atleast provide an option for prospective buyers.
Old 11th July 2018, 17:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaicon View Post
Fully Second this view. I have been driving for 15 years and my earlier vehicle was a VW Vento diesel whose clutch, even though hard never failed in 5 years . In my new Creta, I had vehicle stranded due to clutch failure in jut 8500 km and 10 months. Of course it was replaced under warranty but the process was not very smooth ( had to escalate to Hyundai ASM) . I would request members knowledgeable on clutch technology to comment on :
1. Is it a issue of abrasive coating on the clutch plate ? Is Hyundai cutting costs here? I understand Verna diesel owners also have premature clutch failure issues
2. Is it a technology issue ? ( Vento had Dual Clutch )

Its something related to your way of driving or the clutch in your car had manufacturing problem. I have verna 2015 model crdi which is even remapped and i have driven it for 58000 kms without any issues. There is no clutch slippage , just there is noise from flywheel which is due to extra torque from remap.
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 18:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Absolutely agree. We took a test drive of AT for my wife and then after learning that the same lacked most of the of the features (especially 6 Airbags and Sunroof) compared to the top MT model, decided to drop our plans and wait for the festival season hoping Hyundai will see the demand and launch SX(O) in AT.
Sunroof is available in SX+ AT. The major features missing in the AT are -

6 Airbags
ESC / Hill-Start Assist / TC
Leatherette seats
Powered Driver Seat Adjustment
Auto dimming IRVM
Better MID?

Last edited by arun687 : 11th July 2018 at 18:49. Reason: addition
Old 12th July 2018, 11:39   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Any update on this, as I also booked the petrol automatic and schedule to be delivered in next 10 days?
I was supposed to get the delivery yesterday. But it's now pushed to 19th. What HMP told me is that factory has started producing SX AT with wireless charging last week. So you would most probably get the updated model. However, confirm that with the dealer. There could be a minor price increase too as per SA.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:56   #84
BHPian

Hello everyone i am thinking about booking Creta Petrol E plus variant. As you know this variant does not come equipped with few essential things. just wanted to know wether we can install following things,

1) Stock fog Assembly in lower variants from dealership itself ?
approx costing for same ?
also does company provides wiring for fogs or we need to install entire wiring harness along with fog housing?

2) Rear wiper Assembly.

If anyone have Creta 2018 accessories list with price then please share here.
Old 19th July 2018, 11:20   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicruz View Post
I was supposed to get the delivery yesterday. But it's now pushed to 19th.
So, have you got the delivery of the vehicle?
Are you taking the insurance from the dealer itself or opting to take it outside?
May I know the insurance amount?

Last edited by deemash : 19th July 2018 at 11:21.
Old 22nd July 2018, 20:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
So, have you got the delivery of the vehicle?
Are you taking the insurance from the dealer itself or opting to take it outside?
May I know the insurance amount?
Sorry for the late response. I have taken the delivery on 19th. Dealer matched the outside price; Paid 39k (Zero Dep incl Consumables) as opposed to 64k they have quoted initially.

Have crossed 500 kms so far. Car is such a pleasure to drive. I have gone for a 350 km round trip yesterday.

Official review has covered every single aspect of this car. So I don't have anything much to add. Just sharing my personal impression below:

- Automatic: Yes; it makes a huge difference. Traffic, bring it on!
- Refinement: Engine is very refined and the cabin is silent at legal speeds. This aspect is particularly noticeable because my previous cars were diesel.
- Fuel efficiency: A lot better than I expected. Have got 15.4 average on the highways yesterday. Kept varying the RPM within 2000 (that is 85-90 kmph) all the way through.
- Looks: Always loved the look of Creta. And this facelift made it sharper.

Dislikes:

- Brakes: It takes some time getting used to the brakes. Need to apply more pressure to stop this car compared to my previous car, Grand i10. When I drove Grand i10 after a long drive in Creta, I've hard braked Grand several times.
- No SX(O) AT: Common Hyundai; Anyone who is ready to pay 16 big ones will not mind paying another lakh or so for the full option!

Will be glad to answer any specific questions.
Indicruz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 15:32   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicruz View Post
As per him, it's just wireless charging.

However, I'm wondering what's this urgency to add wireless charging in SX variants? There are several other better features omitted and they could have added any of those or rather just give SX(O) AT! Hyundai definitely needs a special mention for their feature deciding capability!
You bet .. I can imagine the guys at Hyundai sitting hunched over and arguing which feature to keep out of which variant so as to tick off the maximum customers. Why can't they bring a true top of the line AT variant?
Old 26th July 2018, 16:18   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRX View Post
A suggestion;

All reviews, though very detailed, only concentrate on the very top end of each vehicle, which I'm sure will aid only a very small proportion of buyers. While I understand that the manufacturer will only part with the top end model for review, can I suggest that the pictures also include those from a mid/low variant, which will be really useful in a buying decision?
Well, we are on the same boat! So i went ahead and checked out the E+ variant myself!

I checked out the Creta E+ petrol this week. Let me share few pics for you.

Chrome/ silver finish on the front grille & front fog lamps are missing. As an accessory, fog lamps from Hyundai costs around Rs 8,000 and the chrome/Silver finish grille costs around Rs 7,500.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8951.jpg

Chrome above the rear number plate is missing. As an accessory from Hyundai it costs around Rs1,500.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8959.jpg

Alloys and shark-fin antenna missing
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8955.jpg

The interior-
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8952.jpg

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8957.jpg

Rear seat arm rest missing
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8958.jpg

Rear parcel tray missing
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8953.jpg

The Petrol Creta Engine bay
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8954.jpg

Attaching a pic from the Hyundai brochure, so one can make out the missing features in different variants.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_8972.jpg

Hope this helps a bit.

Can any one enlighten me with the real time mileage of the Creta petrol manual and its long term maintenance cost?

I took a Test drive of the E+ petrol variant and felt the seats to be quite comfortable. The drivers seat offers a commanding view too. Unlike what i heard, i felt the suspension to be more like the European cars. Its on the stiffer side and the low speed ride was bumpy. Handling was okay or rather very neutral. This car is not meant to be pushed on the curves. Its fast on straight road.
The low end response of the Creta Petrol was also acceptable. Off-course the engine was best when revved hard.

Over all i liked the car but am pretty skeptical about its mileage in regular city traffic. Plus i read about clutch failures in 2-3 diesel Creta's due to bumper to bumper city traffic in this thread. Is this the same with Petrol Creta?

Last edited by Samba : 26th July 2018 at 16:31.
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 17:54   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

Over all i liked the car but am pretty skeptical about its mileage in regular city traffic. Plus i read about clutch failures in 2-3 diesel Creta's due to bumper to bumper city traffic in this thread. Is this the same with Petrol Creta?
In 2016 June even I liked Creta very much but some great men quoted that only a Duster AwD can suit your driving needs and compell you to do crazy long trips. Fast forward into 2018 and AWD has done 57k in 2 years 10days.

Test drove the facelifted Creta again as a relative was planning to go for it, everything still holds true as was earlier. Mechanically the car has not changed much for sure. Rear bench is annoyingly bouncy. The steering does not get back to Zero unlike Verna 1.6 which I drive often.
The ABS gets frantic and behaves abnormally during hard braking. Even felt substantial nose dive. (More than duster) .
Did 4,5 hairpin bends and U turns at varied speed and I had to slow down and things were not comfortable inside . Wonder how it will perform in a MOOSE test. The TD car had done some 1700kms and i felt the clutch tad bit hard. (Harder than my duster awd)
Feature wise nothing beats a Creta in this segment but I for one dont even use cruise control in a duster awd, simpler the better i guess.

Last edited by ARAY : 26th July 2018 at 18:05.
ARAY is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 18:05   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
The ABS gets frantic and behaves abnormally during hard braking.

This behaviour continues in the Facelift too, I agree. I had hoped they rectify this brake feel in the facelift model atleast.

Worst part is feedback on the pedals/feet when braking over a pothole or over a gravel filled road.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed