Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2018, 21:00   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post

I guess the 8K is for Fog Lamps without DRL's. Kindly clarify!
Might be, i have not asked him about the DRL's. Any existing owner can confirm that.

Between congrats for your new car. Wish you thousand's of happy miles.

Last edited by Samba : 16th August 2018 at 21:11.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 15:53   #107

I booked a Diesel AT SX (Orange) and after 8 weeks still waiting for a delivery date! At the time of booking, dealer gave 4 to 6 weeks as waiting period. But now I am not sure when I will get it.

Any one has idea on what is the waiting period in Bangalore like?
Old 17th August 2018, 16:03   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocratic50 View Post
I booked a Diesel AT SX (Orange) and after 8 weeks still waiting for a delivery date! At the time of booking, dealer gave 4 to 6 weeks as waiting period. But now I am not sure when I will get it.

Any one has idea on what is the waiting period in Bangalore like?
Hi, Which dealer have you booked your car with? Allotment purely depends on the color and variant you choose. In my case, as soon as the dealer received complete payment, allocation was done and VIN number provided in a days time. BTW I'm getting White Petrol E+ from Trident Hyundai
Old 17th August 2018, 17:06   #109

Quote:
Hi, Which dealer have you booked your car with? Allotment purely depends on the color and variant you choose. In my case, as soon as the dealer received complete payment, allocation was done and VIN number provided in a days time. BTW I'm getting White Petrol E+ from Trident Hyundai
Advaith Hyundai! Trident said they will deliver in 3 weeks, but I went with Advaith as they are near to my home. I should blame myself for going with them again after a bitter experience 9 years ago

From the beginning, I was ready to make full payment if they commit to a delivery date. Last week they asked for full payment saying that car will be delivered by 19th Aug, but when I ask that in writing they went quite. Not sure what they are upto. I will probably move my business some where else!
aristocratic50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 17:22   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Advaith Hyundai! Trident said they will deliver in 3 weeks, but I went with Advaith as they are near to my home. I should blame myself for going with them again after a bitter experience 9 years ago

From the beginning, I was ready to make full payment if they commit to a delivery date. Last week they asked for full payment saying that car will be delivered by 19th Aug, but when I ask that in writing they went quite. Not sure what they are upto. I will probably move my business some where else!
The only issue I've faced till now is, the SA who is attending my case is not proactive enough to keep me informed about what is happening behind the scene. I'm not sure if its my excitement (an unsaid expectation ), I would have called him a thousand times . The good part is, he picked up my call every single time. Their sales manager who cracked the deal, often did not respond to my calls which was a bit frustrating at times.
Another issue I faced is, the overall process is complete mystery e.g. the VIN allocation, insurance, registration and everything happening in the background is not quite transparent unless you see the vehicle yourself on the day of delivery.

Last edited by sary : 17th August 2018 at 17:24. Reason: Editoral updates
Old 17th August 2018, 21:12   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Advaith Hyundai! Trident said they will deliver in 3 weeks, but I went with Advaith as they are near to my home... I will probably move my business some where else!
I'd say check with Trident again for an offer of full payment on seeing the car / sharing of VIN, they might get a car faster. Or if they refund full amount, book a car with token advance and take delivery of whatever comes first.
Old 19th August 2018, 00:16   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I'd say check with Trident again for an offer of full payment on seeing the car / sharing of VIN, they might get a car faster. Or if they refund full amount, book a car with token advance and take delivery of whatever comes first.
Trident stock yard is in outskirts of Bengaluru towards Tumkur. They will offer you an option to visit the yard, however you need to book an appointment atleast a day or two prior to your visit. Also you will have to go there by yourself, consider yourself lucky if SA is willing to take you there. Secondly even if you inspect the car in stockyard, there is no guarantee you will be assigned that one since the whole allotment process happens in the background at their Sanky Road head office. It's all on trust , I must say !
However, if they have promised you to deliver in 3 weeks time, I guess you can take that chance as my experience has been good so far.
Old 19th August 2018, 17:15   #113
BHPian

Fresh from the oven, just lovin it!

Felt the need of chrome grill and roof rails. Have placed an order, should arrive in two to three days time.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20180819_135358.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20180819_115245.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20180819_135259.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20180819_135418.jpg  

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20180819_135246.jpg  

sary is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 09:58   #114
BHPian

Dear all, Need your expert advice!

The switch to dealer fitted OE Fog lamps with DRL is typical old fashioned On/OFF button which looks odd in the dash. (Refer Pic)

Has anyone tried getting a Hyundai OE switch or something at least close to that? I have looked at the below option, however not sure if they are compatible:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...6bc118c5fa7-19

https://www.amazon.in/Zorbes-Wiring-...g+light+switch
Attached Images

Last edited by sary : 21st August 2018 at 10:00. Reason: Editorial
Old 24th August 2018, 12:52   #115

Quote:
Fresh from the oven, just lovin it!

Felt the need of chrome grill and roof rails. Have placed an order, should arrive in two to three days time.
Could you please mention the brand of the reverse parking camera as it doesn't look OEM, also is it hooked to a separate display or the stock ICE unit?
Old 25th August 2018, 08:52   #116

Poor experience with Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai for delivery of Hyundai Creta

The following was emailed to Hyundai about dealers attitude at the time of delivery. So far no response from Hyundai, though did have Sharayu Hyundai staff visiting my house

///

I have purchased 2018 Creta and taken delivery today 19 Aug 2018

Dealer name: Sharayu Hyundai
Car VIN No: MALC381CLJM416812

Car Registration No: MH43BN0232

Car registration number was released on 18 Aug 2018 07:30 pm approx and I was asked to take delivery next day10:30 AM onwards from Sharayu Hyundai Turbhe.

1) Self and family arrived at 11:45 am and finally left with car at 02:30 pm approx. It was unusually long for a simple delivery / handover of car.

2) Upon arrival at Sharayu Hyundai, car was observed to be in muddy state and no registration plate was fitted. Upon questioning to attending advisor Mr. Niranjan Tidke, the car's muddy state was attributed to prevailing rain and vehicular pollution. I gave the benefit of doubt and left this matter there as I have personally seen the vehicle kept in Open condition since last One week. However, I did question repetitively as to why is the car registration plate not fitted or prepared and why have I and family been called for no reason, if the vehicle is not ready.

3) The car was observed by me as still being used by Sharayu sales team - I believe the name of the person is Mr. Priyesh, as a display vehicle and was being opened (in rain !!!) and shown (car parked in open area) and fiddled by Sharayu staff and accompanying prospective customers. I complained twice to my delivery advisor Mr. Niranjan Tidke and twice he advised Mr. Priyesh to desist, but to no avail.
Only upon me being vocal about the attitude and inconvenience to which my family is being subject to, did they hurry up to wash the car, clean the car and prepare / affix the registration plate.

4) The car was handed to me with 120 KM on odometer. Is this normal? This was noticed by me when resetting Odometer at Nerul Navi Mumbai Petrol pump after filling up, as Odometer was at 125 km then.

5) The car USB charger has a rubber / plastic cover, same was missing and the holding bracket is broken. This was pointed to Sharaayu team and they have verbally acknowledged. Not sure what Pre-inspection Delivery checks they did or was it done at all?

6) Can you please advise me the month of manufacture of this new 2018 Creta vehicle that I have purchased.

I am extremely disappointed at the fact that this car was still being used as an outdoor display piece for other prospective clients, especially when the owner of the car has arrived at dealer premises and awaiting possession. I am appalled at the inconvenience (the 2 hrs plus time taken) meted to my wife and kids and the blatant attitude of Sharayu Hyundai to use my vehicle as an outdoor display for other prospective customers and perhaps as a running vehicle (120 kms !!! on the odometer).

Last edited by GTO : 26th August 2018 at 12:18. Reason: Poorly typed post
amitmahendra is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 25th August 2018, 12:06   #117
BHPian

Re: Poor experience with Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai for delivery of Hyundai Creta

In all probability this car was provided for customer test drives. Sadly, in India you can not take things for granted. You got to be extra careful when taking a delivery of any vehicle and that is why it is extremely important to go through Team Bhp PDI check list. There were lot of red flags right there.

This practice is way too common across the dealers, irrespective of the brand they are associated with. You will have to live with this but thanks for sharing.
Engine_Roars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 12:49   #118
BHPian

Re: Poor experience with Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai for delivery of Hyundai Creta

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Buying a new car should be one of the best moments of one's life, which unfortunately, doesn't seem to be the case with you and your family. Share your feedback with Hyundai India on their online portal. Don't let this incident go unnoticed, the dealer should be taken to task.

Here is the link where you can post your feedback-

http://customercare.hyundai.co.in/ServiceFeedbacks.aspx

The VIN is missing last two digits. Should be 19 digits. Please check below the driver's seat and share.

Last edited by Col Mehta : 25th August 2018 at 13:04.
Old 25th August 2018, 13:30   #119
BHPian

Buying a car is a big occasion to Indian families and the celebrations would last for weeks. Leaving the car showroom on a sour note is indeed the last situation one would like to be into.

In my opinion, it is blatantly irresponsible on part of the Hyundai dealer not to have readied your car in “all respects” before offering you the delivery. Seeing ones ‘new car’, being incomplete, mishandled and in shabby state, is very painful sight. Weather and pollution are mere excuses cited by the dealer for its carelessness and Hyundai needs to give a serious look into such conduct of the dealers. As ‘Engine Roars’ correctly suggested, reading the Team-BHP PDI checklist before going to the showroom (and carrying a print of the same along with) for delivery saves great pains later.

Coming to the question of the readings on the odometer, I suppose the Navi Mumbai RTO is located at Vashi which is at a short distance less than 10 kilometers from the showroom (this is what it appears from G-maps) so even multiple visit should not add up to 120+ Kms on the odometer. Nonetheless, it is very much possible for the Odometer to be reset at the dealers end at any time before delivery. In nutshell one can never know if his vehicle was ever used by the dealer for performing “other duties”.

I suggest you could have taken pictures of the car in the shabby state and while being offered to be ‘explored’ by other people, and escalate this to the top management at Hyundai Motors India Limited.
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 14:14   #120
BHPian

Your concerns are correctly placed. Buying a car is a special occasion for people worldwide and should have been for you as well.

1. Check the manufacturing date as instructed HERE

2. Check the tyres. Tyres have week and year of manufacture embossed on the sidewalls. Does the tyre have the rubber hair on the contact patch too? If the manufacturing date of the tyres corresponds to the vehicle manufacture date and tyres look sparingly used, you're in a good place.

3. Get your minor issues like the charging port cover fixed by the showroom! They owe it to you. Once you give them the benefit of the doubt they retort by showering you with the "chalta hai" attitude.

4. Get your new car professionally washed, polished and waxed. I have done this with most of the cars my family has bought in the past especially if they were not manufactured in the recent month. The dealership does the bare minimum to qualify for the delivery.

5. Your vehicle was NOT used at the TD vehicle most probably, but surely as a display vehicle. Don't worry. If you hear any rattles though, get them attended to at the first service. Most Indian families with kids don't treat display vehicle very well. The odometer on your car is certainly high but not high enough to classify it as a TD car. Should have asked the reason for anything over 100 km. Probably the high mileage is due to the car being driven to stockyard and back a couple of times (and don't mind a couple of test drives too, because dealerships in our country 'share' the Test Drive responsibility among to-be-delivered vehicles).

6. Check for paint uniformity and accuracy. If there's no body damage or apparent repair work, you're in the clear.

7. Complain to Hyundai and send a link to this thread. Comprehensively mention your experience and the issues you faced while purchasing a Hyundai car. Do this and watch the world (and the dealership) fall into place within 2 days of your complaint. Escalate the complaint to a higher level/create a ruckus on Twitter and get yourself noticed if you're ignored.

Ideally, you should have done your own PDI according to the Team-BHP checklist BEFORE you approved the car for registration. I do not understand why anyone would agree to registering the car before seeing it in person but apparently this is the norm in India.

Finally, I would like to suggest that you focus on enjoying the ride because isn't this why you bought your sweet ride?

P.S: Send some pictures.

Last edited by typlo : 25th August 2018 at 14:23.
typlo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed