Originally Posted by ManavJain View Post
What is the FE of creta manual petrol?
Avg FE - 12 kmpl
FE on highway at 80-90 kmph - 14 to 15 kmpl
FE in city - 11 kmpl
Old 20th September 2018, 00:07   #152
BANNED

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Does anyone has any knowledge about the performance of Creta 1.4 diesel?
Old 20th September 2018, 06:40   #153
BHPian

Here is an excellent ownership review for 1.4

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...di-e-plus.html (A year with the driver's car: Hyundai Creta 1.4L CRDi E Plus)
Old 20th September 2018, 11:20   #154
BANNED

I am interested in either creta 1.6 petrol E+ or 1.4 diesel E+. Which would be the better option? I am not interested in high speed performance but low end performance is important.
Old 21st September 2018, 06:02   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am interested in either creta 1.6 petrol E+ or 1.4 diesel E+. Which would be the better option? I am not interested in high speed performance but low end performance is important.

In my view the Diesel in the Creta is always a better choice! I have test driven the 1.4 diesel and the 1.6 petrol and for sure the diesel has a lot more low end performance and also feels very good in the city. During my test drives of the Creta, I had also driven the S cross 1.3 diesel and just as a comparison between the 2 diesels, the Creta 1.4 is far ahead in terms of refinement, turbo lag and everything else!

One more thing to keep in mind when you compare Creta petrol vs diesel is that the sales is still skewed towards diesel in the Creta in spite of the recent trend of petrol outselling diesels in most cars. That's probably because the diesels in Hyundai deliver far better performance and also the resale of Hyundai petrols especially in the Verna and the Creta are considerably lower than their diesel counterparts.

And as far as I know, whether diesel or petrol, Hyundai 1.6 engines are not very efficient like Honda and Suzuki, so when it comes to the 1.6 petrol the efficiency figures could be quite low.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 08:15   #156
BHPian

And as far as I know, whether diesel or petrol, Hyundai 1.6 engines are not very efficient like Honda and Suzuki, so when it comes to the 1.6 petrol the efficiency figures could be quite low.

I have a Creta 1.6 diesel bought two weeks ago. FE is 12.5-13.5 in city. A close friend bought a Verna 1.6 petrol a month ago. The FE is 11-12 in city.

The 1.6 diesel is butter-smooth, linear and ultra - quiet. Power starts building up from about 1200 RPM. By 1500RPM you are hitting the peak torque curve, which remains steady till 3000RPM. You can drive in 3rd from as low as 25-30 kmph till 50kmph and in 4th from about 35 kmph till about 60-70 kmph. There is zero turbo-lag. This tranlates into not having to change gears often at low speeds unlike other diesel cars.
Old 21st September 2018, 08:30   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post

I have a Creta 1.6 diesel bought two weeks ago. FE is 12.5-13.5 in city. A close friend bought a Verna 1.6 petrol a month ago. The FE is 11-12 in city.

The 1.6 diesel is butter-smooth, linear and ultra - quiet. Power starts building up from about 1200 RPM. By 1500RPM you are hitting the peak torque curve, which remains steady till 3000RPM. You can drive in 3rd from as low as 25-30 kmph till 50kmph and in 4th from about 35 kmph till about 60-70 kmph. There is zero turbo-lag. This tranlates into not having to change gears often at low speeds unlike other diesel cars.
Thanks for the inputs. I have decided to go for diesel. Now the question is whether to go for creta 1.4 S model or verna 1.6D SX model. I like both cars. Creta provides a big car SUV feel while verna gives more features.
Old 21st September 2018, 08:41   #158
BHPian

Quote:
What is the FE of creta manual petrol?
I have a Creta 1.6 VTVT which has completed three years on Sept 17th.

City Driving consistently ~ 11 kmpl
In Long Drives ~13.5 to 14 kmpl

Just finished a weekend drive to Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai and as per my rough calculation (since it is not top up to top up) FE was ~ 13.6.
Old 21st September 2018, 09:12   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
I have a Creta 1.6 VTVT which has completed three years on Sept 17th.

City Driving consistently ~ 11 kmpl
In Long Drives ~13.5 to 14 kmpl

Just finished a weekend drive to Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai and as per my rough calculation (since it is not top up to top up) FE was ~ 13.6.
Which model do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post

How much was the OTR? Which model have you purchased?

Last edited by moralfibre : 21st September 2018 at 09:34. Reason: Back to back posts. Typos corrected.
Old 21st September 2018, 09:21   #160
BHPian

17. 3lakh otr in bangalore 1.6d dual tone.
Old 21st September 2018, 15:58   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs. I have decided to go for diesel. Now the question is whether to go for creta 1.4 S model or verna 1.6D SX model. I like both cars. Creta provides a big car SUV feel while verna gives more features.

Very similar situation to what I was in! So my initial choice was the Verna Diesel, 1.6DS SX, you get everything you need in this variant and it was reasonably priced too, I think around 13.5 OTR Bangalore about 6 months back. But the only issue was that I was upgrading from a Skoda Rapid Diesel and the Verna did not offer anything significantly different in terms of the car body type, engine and all that. Yes, obviously the car was pretty well loaded, but yet it felt very close to the Rapid. Also, until the point I test drove the Creta diesel, I was not so keen on it. Post my test drive, my wife and my 6 year old son were inclined towards the Creta. So went ahead and bought the 1.6 SX and its quite good as of now. Covered 6k so far.
Old 21st September 2018, 16:56   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Any new diesel creta AT owners can be feedback on the braking ability of the car?
There are no reports I could see anywhere. Earlier versions had the braking issue.

I am yet to see the Orange in flesh. I have seen Black and the White out of which I liked the black much.
It think it may not be so much to do with the braking problems of the car and more to getting used driving an automatic transmission when your new to it! You can't caress the brake pedal and drop down a gear to scrub speeds in an auto box, you literally have to stand on the brakes in an emergency situation. Most of us may be more used to former and blame the brakes of the car!
Old 21st September 2018, 20:01   #163
BANNED

Which will be better VFM, Creta 1.4 E+ or S model? The price difference is around 1.7 lacs plus taxation as E+ is below 10 lacs ex showroom. If i purchase E+, what all features of S model can be installed at the dealership.
Old 25th September 2018, 20:21   #164
BHPian

Hey Guys! A newbie here. I have just purchased a Creta Petrol last month. I'm receiving a FE of 8 Km/L. Is this normal? Any fellow Creta Petrol owners out there? What's your FE?
Old 25th September 2018, 20:45   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Hey Guys! A newbie here. I have just purchased a Creta Petrol last month. I'm receiving a FE of 8 Km/L. Is this normal? Any fellow Creta Petrol owners out there? What's your FE?
Hyundai petrol motors aren't exactly known for FE, but what you get still depends on your usage and driving patterns. Your car being new is another factor, so give it some time before getting concerned.

8 KMPL isn't very surprising for a 1.6L petrol motor driving a heavy car, esp. if your usage is primarily during rush-hour and/or enthusiastic driving.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th September 2018 at 20:46.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks