Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2018, 20:44   #196
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Congrats a ton for you new car WadeWilson! An ownership review anytime soon?
Old 18th October 2018, 21:33   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Congrats a ton for you new car WadeWilson! An ownership review anytime soon?
Thank you. Planning to write one soon. I missed that opportunity with my Kwid since I sold it off. Will definitely take the opportunity to write an ownership review this time around.
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 22:55   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Thank you. Planning to write one soon. I missed that opportunity with my Kwid since I sold it off. Will definitely take the opportunity to write an ownership review this time around.
Woah! Jump from Kwid to Creta is a pretty big upgrade. You must be loving that 'Big Car' feeling right? And that 1.6 Crdi engine is a jewel of an engine. If I would be buying a diesel today, I would go for a Hyundai with my eyes closed. Reason? That power and off-coarse that petrol like refinement.
Old 19th October 2018, 09:49   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Woah! Jump from Kwid to Creta is a pretty big upgrade. You must be loving that 'Big Car' feeling right? And that 1.6 Crdi engine is a jewel of an engine... I would go for a Hyundai with my eyes closed..
Thank you DriverNo.420. Yes indeed, it is a big upgrade I’m loving the car, every part of it feels built to last (perhaps a placebo effect from driving the Kwid, lol). However, I feel it’s a very versatile “compact car” rather than a “big car”; it enables me to find parking spots with relative ease and I also feel that the fuel economy is very good as I get around 15.5 kmpl in the town and city. We have an Innova and an Isuzu D-max as well which I used to drive (and still do drive) extensively as our driver left a while back, and those behemoths are a pain to maneuver in the tight spaces of the city and town areas. They also deliver abysmal mileage figures in town at around 8 kmpl for the Innova. I haven’t filled up the tank in the Creta since we bought it on the 5th even though I’ve been driving it everyday.

Thank you for once again for the compliments
wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 12:21   #200
BHPian

No wonder why the Creta is a hit with Indians. And also a pretty big sales booster for Hyundai India. Diesel gives a super mileage compared to my petrol Creta which returns only 8-10 Km/L in city. Even 6 Km/L in bumper to bumper traffic. You made a good choice buying diesel.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 05:15   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya_P View Post
Could you please mention the brand of the reverse parking camera as it doesn't look OEM, also is it hooked to a separate display or the stock ICE unit?
Apologies for late response. Reverse Parking Camera fitted at dealers end and brand is Red Soul and it costed me 8K without sensors (12k with sensors). I know it's bit expensive, however did not wanted to play around with warranty. You cannot use the stock ICE for display in facelifted Creta as they have now blocked the input socket. So I got the display in review view mirror.
Old 20th October 2018, 13:12   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone suggest how to deactivate the horn sound when locking or unlocking? I personally detest the noise and am forced to use the key to avoid the same.
Old 21st October 2018, 14:39   #203

Hi, my Aug 2018 purchased Petrol Manual Creta is now due for its first service. Any recommendation of decent Hyundai dealer for servicing I'm Navi Mumbai , Thane, Chembur, Mulund area.
Old 21st October 2018, 15:41   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Can anyone suggest how to deactivate the horn sound when locking or unlocking? I personally detest the noise and am forced to use the key to avoid the same.
The service centre guys told me the only way to do it is to physically disconnect the speaker from the lock/unlock system.
Old 21st October 2018, 20:18   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I do not have this nuisance in my Creta 1.6 SX. But mine is the pre facelift model. Did the facelifted
car come with this unnecessary feature?
Old 21st October 2018, 20:45   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I do not have this nuisance in my Creta 1.6 SX. But mine is the pre facelift model. Did the facelifted car come with this unnecessary feature?
I understand Hyundai has done away with the extra beeper/hooter which provided the much softer beeps when locking/unlocking. Now the system looks like it is directly linked to the horn, which is terribly loud when parking in a quiet residential area.

Complete nonsense when India should be moving to lower noise pollution!
Old 22nd October 2018, 23:05   #207

Quote:
I understand Hyundai has done away with the extra beeper/hooter which provided the much softer beeps when locking/unlocking. Now the system looks like it is directly linked to the horn, which is terribly loud when parking in a quiet residential area.

Complete nonsense when India should be moving to lower noise pollution!

It is a nuisance indeed. I have tried through Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai, to have this disconnected. But apparently the door lock / unlocked sound feature has been directly connected to the main horn and hence cannot be isolated without disabling the main horn.
Old 26th October 2018, 15:21   #208
BHPian

The way I do lock/unlock is by pressing the request sensor on the door handle. This way you just hear the click noise.

Agree that the noise is very annoying when we press the button on key fob! No idea why they came up with this 'Innovation'!!
Old 26th October 2018, 15:26   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmahendra View Post
It is a nuisance indeed. I have tried through Sharayu Hyundai Navi Mumbai, to have this disconnected. But apparently the door lock / unlocked sound feature has been directly connected to the main horn and hence cannot be isolated without disabling the main horn.
Even though I don't own a Hyundai, I have come across different instances of this lock/unlock sound nuisance. We have multi level car parking in our office, and the locking sound of the main horn is very irritant for any one standing in close vicinity of the car. It can be regarded as an innovation to find our parked car, but an option should be given to disengage the same in the key itself for those who prefer to do so.
Old 26th October 2018, 16:15   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In other forums, many have suggested to press the lock and unlock button together for few seconds. This enables the silent mode.

Not sure if it works, but worth a try. For VAG cars, this can be disabled via VCDS.

Thank god it's not there in the first gen Creta.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks