Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2018, 17:05   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
In other forums, many have suggested to press the lock and unlock button together for few seconds. This enables the silent mode.
Not sure if it works, but worth a try.
Nopes, tried immediately after buying the vehicle and discovering this 'innovatio n'. Only outcome of pressing both is that the horn sounds again!
Old 26th October 2018, 20:03   #212

Hi
Took delivery of Diesel Automatic SX yesterday, have some queries.
1. There is no insulation sheet below the engine hood. Is it standard for Creta? Is it available in aftermarket ?

2. Doors closing is very soft & have to really push hard for positive closing. Will this improve with servicing( greasing).

3. Observed small lag during initial pick up. Can any diesel /Automatic owner share their view on this.
Thanks.
Old 26th October 2018, 21:05   #213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santro20 View Post
1. There is no insulation sheet below the engine hood. Is it standard for Creta? Is it available in aftermarket ?
Yes, Creta doesn't get any insulation sheet under the hood. I bought it purely for aesthetic purpose and not for any functional advantage. You can check for it on AliExpress. I've given the link to the post of my ownership review that has the details, images etc.

LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santro20 View Post
2. Doors closing is very soft & have to really push hard for positive closing. Will this improve with servicing( greasing).
Initially it was hard for me too but with usage the force required to shut the doors decreased. Now, it closes normally and no need to bang it hard.
Old 27th October 2018, 00:53   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
No wonder why the Creta is a hit with Indians. And also a pretty big sales booster for Hyundai India. Diesel gives a super mileage compared to my petrol Creta which returns only 8-10 Km/L in city. Even 6 Km/L in bumper to bumper traffic. You made a good choice buying diesel.
Not necessarily. Also consider the 2L you have to pay extra to get the same variant in diesel. The cost difference itself offsets the lower mileage of the petrol variants. its 2-3 years worth of fuel
Old 28th October 2018, 07:23   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Nopes, tried immediately after buying the vehicle and discovering this 'innovatio n'. Only outcome of pressing both is that the horn sounds again!

You can do the flwg to not have the horn sound when closing doors. After switching off car, get out of CRETA and keep the door open and press the close button (your key must me outside Creta when pressing close button otherwise it will close and reopen locks automatically) the locks close without any horn / sound indication. Thereafter simply push the door to close it. At least 50 percent of this issue is resolved ( while opening doors you will get the two loud consecutive honks and while closing you can avoid the honk as per above procedure)
amitmahendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 12:55   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmahendra View Post
You can do the flwg to not have the horn sound when closing doors. After switching off car, get out of CRETA and keep the door open and press the close button (your key must me outside Creta when pressing close button otherwise it will close and reopen locks automatically) the locks close without any horn / sound indication. Thereafter simply push the door to close it.
Thanks! The closing strategy worked and there was no annoying horn sound. However, I hope this will not damage the locking system if not designed for it?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 15:48   #217

Quote:
Thanks! The closing strategy worked and there was no annoying horn sound. However, I hope this will not damage the locking system if not designed for it?

It is a feature given, if you try locking while seated (and the doors are open) the feature does not allow it to lock and it auto opens lock (it senses the key in proximity within car and assumes the user to be outside and hence to avoid a situation where the key remains inside and the car doors locked).
Old 31st October 2018, 11:22   #218
BHPian

Hi All

Am planning to purchase a Creta petrol AT around the year end. Wanted to check if you guys think Hyundai might consider any upgrade in the features in the near future with the impending launch of Harrier and Kicks. If so, I can consider delaying the purchase by a month or two.
Old 2nd November 2018, 13:46   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interest View Post
Hi All

Am planning to purchase a Creta petrol AT around the year end. Wanted to check if you guys think Hyundai might consider any upgrade in the features in the near future with the impending launch of Harrier and Kicks. If so, I can consider delaying the purchase by a month or two.

The facelifted Creta was launched just recently which covers almost all the drawbacks (in terms of feature availability) of the pre-facelift model. In terms of features I do not see a reason to wait since there won't be many, however, you may just see better offers/discounts being given out post the Harrier and/or Kicks launch! It's your call.

The Creta AT is . You're making the right choice!
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 15:25   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
The facelifted Creta was launched just recently which covers almost all the drawbacks (in terms of feature availability) of the pre-facelift model. In terms of features I do not see a reason to wait since there won't be many, however, you may just see better offers/discounts being given out post the Harrier and/or Kicks launch! It's your call.

The Creta AT is . You're making the right choice!
Thanks 9thsphinx. Will start making the dealer enquiries shortly and close the deal by year end then. Cheers
Old 2nd November 2018, 16:20   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interest View Post
Hi All

Hey buddy, the diamond edition should be out shortly. I am positive it should come to India soon. Features the sunroof & more goodies. Enquire with the showroom, see if you can wait & take an informed decision.
jayram.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 16:29   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayram.r View Post
Hey buddy, the diamond edition should be out shortly. I am positive it should come to India soon. Features the sunroof & more goodies. Enquire with the showroom, see if you can wait & take an informed decision.
Hi Jayram

I did read about the diamond edition being launched in Brazil. While it may come to India, what I am unsure about is the timing of the launch. Creta facelift came almost after a gap of 10 months from when it was launched in Brazil. Will enquire with the dealers for sure.
Old 12th November 2018, 17:43   #223

Quote:

There is another way to avoid the alarm honk irrespective of you are locking or unlocking doors. As mentioned by indicruz in his msg #208, the keyless lock/unlock sensor gets detected at about 1-1.5 mtrs from car. You may keep it in your pocket and when you are within arms reach of driver door, simply press the black rubber patch on the driver door handle and it will unlock with a single click only (no horn) and all you have do is pull door handle to open driver side door. Likewise , when you wish to lock, simply close door and press the rubber patch on driver door and it will give two clicks minus any honking noise. Incase any other door is open and you have pressed the rubber patch to close, it gives an an audible alarm to indicate (no honking noise)
Old 12th November 2018, 18:41   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmahendra View Post
There is another way to avoid the alarm honk irrespective of you are locking or unlocking doors.
I have a lowly E+ variant without the door handle sensors
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 12:40   #225
BHPian

Hi,
I'm having an unpleasant issue with Creta music player and my one plus 5: the music through android auto connected by data cable, keep stopping randomly. Every 1-3 songs or 5-15 minutes, the player just put itself on 'pause'. And this happen with different apps.

Among the one I have tried so far, there is:
Music (stock player)
Google Play
While it is fine, if I play my music library from one plus 5 through bluetooth.
Any one encounter this problem before?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks