Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2019, 17:05   #256
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
The MID for SX and SX(O) is different and many features of MID present in SX(O) are absent in SX and no auto functions in SX version.
Also you must be having a preface lift version model where the auto lock function is not present but in face-lift it is there even in SX.
Mine is facelift SX. Yes it has autolock but the MID seems different to the SX(O) version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Many congratulations Hope you are enjoying the ride. I was looking at the year end discount and would like to compare with earlier price in Gurgaon for this trim. May I request you to share the final on-road price for your car?
There are no discounts for Creta since it is a high moving unit. I can PM you the final price.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th January 2019 at 14:03. Reason: Typo corrected
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2019, 14:26   #257
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post the same message on multiple threads. It counts as SPAM.

Last edited by GTO : 5th January 2019 at 07:03.
greatgyan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th January 2019, 01:54   #258
BHPian

Are there any pricing change announced by Hyundai for Creta in 2019. Motoroctane has a report that there may be slight (cosmetic) changes in Creta in 2019. Does anyone have any insights?
Old 11th January 2019, 13:19   #259
BHPian

2019 Creta is getting a few minor changes in features across variants.

Front ventilated seats have been added in SX (O) variant. I'm sure SX (O) diesel AT too is in pipeline

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-2019-creta.jpg

CRETA.pdf

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ay-11-jan.html

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 11th January 2019 at 13:20.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2019, 22:30   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

Front ventilated seats have been added in SX (O) variant. I'm sure SX (O) diesel AT too is in pipeline
Can you throw more light on availabilty of diesal auto in top variant. When can we expect it to launch. I am considering automatic car with high ground clearance and only creta and ecosport are being considered.

Lack of safety features in creta automatic is pushing me towards ecosport.

Also can someone let me know how manual mode of the creta automatic works. If I slot the gear in manual mode, does it upshifts automatically if I don't shift it manually ? In short does it act like sports mode?

Last edited by born_free : 11th January 2019 at 22:58.
Old 12th January 2019, 14:21   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
After this post went live, I contacted my SA from whom I had bought my SX Diesel AT on 9th December 2018. He very clearly told me, that Hyundai has absolutely no plans of launching an SX(O) Diesel AT.
I can safely say, that I believe him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Can you throw more light on availabilty of diesal auto in top variant. When can we expect it to launch.
Also can someone let me know how manual mode of the creta automatic works. If I slot the gear in manual mode, does it upshifts automatically if I don't shift it manually ? In short does it act like sports mode?
Let me tell you, Creta is an absolute Gem of an car. Be it the engine/gearbox or the way it drives, the NVH, the looks and those rims!

With that said, I absolutely don't understand why can't we customers decide if we wanna buy an SX AT or an SX(O) AT. Why Hyundai why?

Those safety features are a must if you ask me, but a compact diesel AT was the need of the hour. So had no option but to buy what was available.

In regards to your question about manual shifting. when you shift the lever to manual mode the car won't upshift or downshift even if your redlining, you will have to do it by pushing the lever up or down depending the speed you are at. I hope this solves your query.

Now time for some pictures.

During delivery.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img20181209wa0006.jpg

Night shot.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20181224_213725.jpg

In Mangalore after driving down from Mumbai i.e 920 Km Odd.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20181225_181233as.jpg

FE during the trip.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20181223_132200.jpg
OverKill is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 12:28   #262
BHPian

Just wanted to share my experience with few dealers in Gurgaon.
Planning to purchase Creta automatic diesel, but dealers are not really bothered to provide test drive.
Asked two different dealers diesel automatic test drive, but none of them had a test drive vehicle for diesel variant .

One of the dealers(Himgiri Hyundai) agreed for automatic petrol variant test drive, but when I visited showroom they had no test drive vehicle available, not even a manual. Reason given, all test drive vehicles are undergoing repairs and would only be available after a week.

The other dealer (Dee-EMM) had no automatic variant available for test drive, but promised for manual diesel test drive vehicle which I agreed. But they did not deliver the vehicle at my resident as was promised . When I followed up again, the sales advisor casually mentioned how Creta sells without customers asking for a test drive .

I made it clear that I am not booking the vehicle without test drive and ready to take my business elsewhere.

On the other hand my experience with Ford dealer(Harpreet) was good. Went unannounced and was given an automatic ecosport test drive promptly. I had quotation arriving in my mailbox the very next day with 20K discount and free accessory worth 10K without even asking for it. .

Last edited by born_free : 16th January 2019 at 12:33.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 12:39   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to purchase Creta automatic diesel, but dealers are not really bothered to provide test drive.
Asked two different dealers diesel automatic test drive, but none of them had a test drive vehicle for diesel variant .

One of the dealers(Himgiri Hyundai) agreed for automatic petrol variant test drive, but when I visited showroom, they did not have a test drive vehicle, not even a manual. Reason given, all test drive vehicles are undergoing repairs and would only be available after a week.

The other dealer (Dee-EMM) had no automatic variant available for test drive, but promised for manual diesel test drive vehicle which I agreed. But they did not deliver the vehicle at my resident as was promised . When I followed up again, the sales advisor casually mentioned how Creta sells without customers asking for a test drive .

I made it clear that I am not booking the vehicle without test drive and ready to take my business elsewhere.

On the other hand my experience with Ford dealer(Harpreet) was good. Went unannounced and was given an automatic ecosport test drive promptly. I had quotation arriving in my mailbox the very next day with 20K discount and free accessory worth 10K without even asking for it. .
All the Hyundai Dealers in Gurgaon have a take it or leave it attitude really can't help it. Best bet is to try Hyundai dealers in Delhi because when i bought my creta every dealer in gurgaon told me there is 6-8 week waiting period and i got mine delivered within week from a dealer in delhi no fuss at all.
Old 16th January 2019, 13:21   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I followed up again, the sales advisor casually mentioned how Creta sells without customers asking for a test drive.
Sadly this is true of all brands in India. The dealerships act arrogant and inflexible when it comes to a model doing wonders and the same dealership would go out of its way to sell a model that is otherwise not moving at all.

The second part of your post is also true. The word of mouth is still the biggest factor in deciding what car to buy. And these days with the plethora of online video reviews available, the common man hardly finds any need for a TD. Even when you opt for one, most dealerships in cases of a highly successful model, give you a TD on a very small route adjacent the dealership where you can hardly test the vehicle. Atleast this is what I have observed in Delhi across all brands.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 10:05   #265
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea why Hyundai does not mention the boot space and ground clearance of Creta?

Both the specs are unavailable in the website and brochure.
When I inquired the 2 dealers, both reported separate figure for boot space: 402 ltr and 416 ltr. Strange!!!
anu007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 16:28   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Does anyone have any idea why Hyundai does not mention the boot space and ground clearance of Creta?
Not just Hyundai, Ford did it too with the Ecosport. The weight wasn't published. As for the Creta, the boot space is 402L and 190mm ground clearance.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 00:58   #267
BHPian

Experts please help...
I read in one of the blogs that with the new 2018 model, hyundai has updated the projector headlamps of the creta. The exact statement says -
Bi-Functional Projectors – As against the projector headlamps with halogen bulbs seen on the outgoing model, the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift gets bi-functional projector headlamps capable of added brightness and better night time visibility thereby enhancing occupant safety.

Is this true? Is there any change.
Old 20th January 2019, 08:23   #268
BHPian

Top end will go up by 26k and SX by 23k. Visited the showroom yesterday to collect my RC, and they told me this.
Old 22nd January 2019, 20:52   #269
Senior - BHPian

Creta now available in SX(0) Executive trim. Features ventilated front seats and LED tail lights.
https://www.news18.com/amp/news/auto...t-2008593.html
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 17:37   #270
BHPian

Hi, has anyone got the delivery of the 2019 Creta yet? My sales advisor at Himgiri Hyundai Gurgaon has been telling me that the Hyundai plant stays shut till 20th January and the dealership gives orders to Hyundai only towards the end of the month. Post this, they get the allocation in 3-4 days. After this, the vehicle takes 10 days to be transported by train to Delhi NCR and is delivered to the customer after another 2-3 days. I am unsure how much of that is true and the only way to cross-check it seems to be to see if some one has already got the delivery or is getting it soon. Thanks

Last edited by interest : 28th January 2019 at 17:41.

Most Viewed