Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2019, 18:59   #271
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by interest View Post
Hi, has anyone got the delivery of the 2019 Creta yet? My sales advisor at Himgiri Hyundai Gurgaon has been telling me that the Hyundai plant stays shut till 20th January and the dealership gives orders to Hyundai only towards the end of the month.
I booked a creta from another Hyundai dealer in Gurgaon and he is promising delivery of 15-20 feb. It also depends on the variant and color option, as common variant/colors can be allocated while the cars are in in-transit.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 10:07   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
I booked a creta from another Hyundai dealer in Gurgaon and he is promising delivery of 15-20 feb. It also depends on the variant and color option, as common variant/colors can be allocated while the cars are in in-transit.
Thanks buddy. I made the booking on 25th Dec for silver petrol auto 2019 model. Believe this is a common variant and colour. When did you make the booking? Another thing to note is that the sales advisor was promising delivery in the 1st week of Feb although the date mentioned in the booking slip was 15th Feb. He kept saying that this is the maximum period they may take theoretically but all cars get delivered prior to this deadline. If I may ask, is the 15-20 Feb date, mentioned to you by your SA, the date mentioned in the booking slip or a verbal promise?

Last edited by interest : 29th January 2019 at 10:11.
Old 29th January 2019, 10:32   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks buddy. I made the booking on 25th Dec for silver petrol auto 2019 model. Believe this is a common variant and colour. When did you make the booking? Another thing to note is that the sales advisor was promising delivery in the 1st week of Feb although the date mentioned in the booking slip was 15th Feb. He kept saying that this is the maximum period they may take theoretically but all cars get delivered prior to this deadline. If I may ask, is the 15-20 Feb date, mentioned to you by your SA, the date mentioned in the booking slip or a verbal promise?
Reply to both quotes:

I had booked in GGN on the 1st of October 2018. The dealer had told me 45 days +-10 days for delivery, citing due to festival rush and all that jazz. I got my vehicle on the 28th of November! [so he was in the timelines stipulated, well almost!]. Though he was ready to give it a few days before the 28th of November. I did not want to take it on Saturday, then had some office work in between.

Point being, take a leeway of 45+ days for your delivery. Creta is high moving and demand is high. They will tell you any of the two, of course not both:

1. Common color (white, silver):- Sir, this is a common color so demand is really high, waiting period is longer.
2. Unique color (orange,blue[mine]):- Sir, this will take time since the car is only made in batches for distinct colors.

Part 1:
Take a pound of salt and wait it out! I am really not sure how it is working with Hyundai India. The initial booking is online (1K), there is no other way. Then a dealer is allotted (or you choose one),and pay the pending booking amount in person. Ideally at that moment a vehicle should be booked on the supply chain (requested). But it is not. The dealer on our "behalf", will do the booking. Also the dealer had told me: they literal book at manufacturing in batches. So when they have a significant demand at their showroom of say 10 (this number could be anything, but more than 1) Creta's they send a request to Hyundai manufacturing. So they are not sending requests for booking everyday, or as they come in to their showroom desk. Not sure why, and how much of this is true. And the reason behind this.

Part 2 (what was told to me):
Once actually a machine number is assigned to you. Car manufacturing actually takes "1" day, shipping 10-14 days (my dealer tracked the truck, and kept telling me cities crossed), 2 days PDI (dealer), and then take the car.

The process is transparent but not logical. Oh, and congratulations for your bookings. Which colors?
asingh1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 10:41   #274
BHPian

Quote:
I booked the silver SX Auto diesel on 28th Jan, and the Feb 15-20 delivery date was verbal.
I received email communication from my leasing company (who made booking on my behalf), that the expected delivery date is 4th March, so it seems they do keep a buffer of 15-20 days between verbal and written communication

Last edited by born_free : 29th January 2019 at 10:46.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 16:28   #275

Can anyone please post a picture of the MID display on their 2018 or 2019 SX Petrol Auto? I have a feeling the MID is different on variants. The 2018 facelift thread has different looking MID with the one I test rode today.

Thanks.
Old 4th February 2019, 12:12   #276
BHPian

Booked SX(O) petrol manual in marina blue shade for a cousin who works with me, expecting delivery in a week or 10 days.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 19:48   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks buddy. I made the booking on 25th Dec for silver petrol auto 2019 model. Believe this is a common variant and colour. When did you make the booking? Another thing to note is that the sales advisor was promising delivery in the 1st week of Feb although the date mentioned in the booking slip was 15th Feb.
Did you get the car?
I recieved call from dealer that car has arrived their stockyard and ready for inspection.
I am yet to complete the paperwork with my leasing company as I wasn't expecting delivery so fast.
It also appears that demand for creta seems to be muted as I am still getting calls from other dealer for negotiating a better price.

Last edited by born_free : 4th February 2019 at 19:50.
Old 4th February 2019, 19:58   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the car?
I recieved call from dealer that car has arrived their stockyard and ready for inspection.
I am yet to complete the paperwork with my leasing company as I wasn't expecting delivery so fast.
It also appears that demand for creta seems to be muted as I am still getting calls from other dealer for negotiating a better price.
Congrats ! My dealer told me that it should come this week when I spoke to him yesterday. Hope my car comes soon too. It seems that all the stories these guys have been feeding us are all lies to create artificial urgency.
Old 4th February 2019, 21:34   #279

So it seems that the MID in the SX Auto is different from the SX(O) thats in the OP of this thread. I have no idea why Hyundai chooses to do this. It grinds my gears that customers willing to pay do not get a better product and are forced to live with something that is subpar.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20190204_165437363.jpg  

thetuxracer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 08:48   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetuxracer View Post
So it seems that the MID in the SX Auto is different from the SX(O) thats in the OP of this thread. I have no idea why Hyundai chooses to do this. It grinds my gears that customers willing to pay do not get a better product and are forced to live with something that is subpar.
Even on the first gen Creta, only the SX(O) gets the so called supervision cluster right?
Old 6th February 2019, 13:02   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Even on the first gen Creta, only the SX(O) gets the so called supervision cluster right?
I'm unsure, as I just recently became actively interested in the Creta after owning a Polo for 3y.
Old 6th February 2019, 14:09   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is correct. The difference was there in 2017 & 2018 Creta too.
Old 8th February 2019, 19:58   #283
BHPian

Finally my Creta Auto Diesal SX came home today. This is a Jan 2019 model with new sliver shade called typhoon silver.
Car was purchased form Dee-Emm Hyundai Gurgaon and the overall experience was pretty smooth.
Was expecting a delivery date of 15th to 20th but was pleasantly delivered on 8th. The car was in transit when it was allocated to me which partly explains the quick delivery.

I had visited their stockyard and was quite surprised to see too many cretas lying there. Majority of them were white colors followed by silver color and I could not see any other color.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 20:02   #284
BHPian

I purchased my CRETA Petrol SX(O) in June 2018. From the second week itself, there is some foul smell/fungus/mold?? kind of smell coming out of the AC vents when the car is started in the morning or after 2 or 3 hours the car is parked and started again.
Do any other CRETA owners are having the same problem?

Now I have found a way to minimize this, Just before stopping the car/parking overnight, I run the AC on maximum temperature 31° (heater) assuming that the cooling coil would become dry and the moisture will not cause this smell.

It has helped somehow, but not entirely. I have had several cars, and haven't faced this problem in any other cars, even after starting the cars after 3 or 4 months. Is this a design problem or something wrong with the AC System?
Old 9th February 2019, 21:26   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my Creta Auto Diesal SX came home today. This is a Jan 2019 model with new sliver shade called typhoon silver.
Car was purchased form Dee-Emm Hyundai Gurgaon and the overall experience was pretty smooth.
Was expecting a delivery date of 15th to 20th but was pleasantly delivered on 8th. The car was in transit when it was allocated to me which partly explains the quick delivery.

I had visited their stockyard and was quite surprised to see too many cretas lying there. Majority of them were white colors followed by silver color and I could not see any other color.
Congrats on the new car. Can you share the pictures of the new colour?

Most Viewed