Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 17:36   #346
Senior - BHPian

If the only solution is to open up the dash and you are ok to live without the charging, see if there is a separate fuse for the charger and remove it. Easiest way to disable the charger.
Old 19th May 2019, 19:35   #347
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
Firstly congratulations on booking your creta and welcome to the group.

If I may say so, I find grill too odd and completely spoils the front look of the Creta. I would say avoid. But still if you wanna go ahead with the swap, head to sector 19 in Vashi(it's close to where you will be moving) near Palm beach road, there are plenty of car accessories shops there and you will definitely find what you're looking for.

The Actual Grill (My Creta)
Attachment 1856729

The Grill that you want
Attachment 1856728

With that said, unless and until the grill that you want has some sort of lights there is absolutely no need to cut any wires. The dealer just wants sell those accessories to you, hence BS about warranty loss etc. Don't fall for it till they get close to the price mentioned on that Amazon link.
Thank you for the advice. Just to let you know I have taken your advice and decided to retain the original grill.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-car-image.jpeg  

SU-30MKI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 12:33   #348
BHPian

Hello All,

Booked my Hyundai Creta 1.6 VTVT SX (O) Executive on 04/05 and was promised a delivery within 15 days. The car arrived on the showroom on exactly the 15th day and I went for the PDI armed with the Team-BHP list. As many people have mentioned, the full VIN is only stamped under the driver seat. The car is a beauty in black and those new LED tail lamps are wow! The overall process till today was quite smooth except for the dealer finance person who along with the bank representative was forcing me to take a loan protection insurance along with the car loan.

Not much bargaining space for this hot selling machine, however handling charges and accessories charges were waived off (3000 + 2250). I also got the hypothecation charges of 800 rupees waived off due to the harassment caused. Insurance was offered at an atrocious rate of 90k+ for zero depreciation and I duly got it done from outside. These all things happened with zero haggling and time wasting. The SA was very co-operative and threw in 3-D mats and car cover to the deal.

For accessories I liked the chrome strips that the showroom is putting on the front grille. I do have a question for other buyers, do I need a side foot board? My better half and me are quite short heighted, me topping out at 5ft 6 in.

Over all fuss free experience till now. SA has promised the delivery on 21/05. Showroom is Trident Whitefield
dgogold is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 03:37   #349
BHPian

The side foot step IMHO has a asthetic value than utility. The car is not a tall one like a scorpio. However incase if you intend to buy it, pls do check the local accessories shop as I did find a vast difference between the rates.
SU-30MKI is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 10:55   #350
BHPian

Is it possible to install rear parcel tray (OEM / After-market) in lower versions such as EX where it doesn't come factory fitted?
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:50   #351
Senior - BHPian

First look at a standard production version of the second generation Hyundai Creta compact SUV.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-img_20190522_174936907.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 19:20   #352
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
Is it possible to install rear parcel tray (OEM / After-market) in lower versions such as EX where it doesn't come factory fitted?
OEM parcel tray can be fit but will turn out costly. You'll need to change the left and right plastic panels that hold the parcel tray and then buy the parcel tray itself. Check the link below for an idea:

https://oriparts.com/8/198/1385/459750

Not sure how the aftermarket parcel tray will be mounted, if you decide to try that route.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 17:06   #353
BHPian

Hi All,

I just upgraded from my 2015 i20 Elite Asta 1.2 petrol to Creta 1.6 SX AT petrol a month ago. The main reasons for the sooner than expected upgrade are:
1. Requirement of a petrol automatic car
2. Tall seating position and easy ingress/egress for myself (due to recurrent back pain) and parents
3. Larger boot space for carrying items of my grown-up family

Rather than creating a separate thread for ownership report (it's anyway too soon for that), I would like to just concisely jot down my initial impressions here itself.

My budget was up to 15L, but the lesser the better as always. I have already made up my mind for owning a crossover/compact SUV and before finalizing, I tried the following options, although MSIL and Hyundai are my first choices due to service center availability:

1. Duster, Terrano, Lodgy, Captur and Kicks: All fitted my requirements, especially Duster and Terrano due to the humongous 475 liters boot. I also prefer the decently equipped Captur too. But due to dwindling sales and possible unpredictable future (a la Chevrolet India), I abandoned the choices.
2. Creta: Great looks, fit and finish, features for creature comfort and several goodies, fuss-free ownership; but too pricey along with missing features at that price and boot is considerably smaller than competition.
3. Ertiga : My first choice. I loved the car due its practicality in a compact size and VFM pricing, in spite of the tinny build quality. ZXi AT at sub 10 lakh ex-showroom would have been a steal for me in spite of a few missing features from my existing i20. I visited the showroom but that dismal waiting period of 20-22 weeks put me off. Otherwise, I would have been driving it by now.
4. BRV : Very much utility in the car. But seeing the recent cost cutting spree of Honda (e.g. missing boot lid plastic cladding in City), small 195 section tyres for an SUV/MUV, Mobilio like design with visibly low sitting position etc. put me off.
5. Wagon-R : Yes. I considered that too while checking the Ertiga. New WagonR with a very practically designed 340 litres boot space, tall seating position, easy ingress/egress – all fulfilled my needs, although missing many features from i20. But one particular member of the family (and you can easily guess who) disagreed outright – “Why downgrade from i20 to a lower segment?”
6. S-Cross: Best build Maruti ever in India, but no automatic and petrol options. And the boot space is sub-par in spite of the size of the car.
7. Brezza, Ecosports, Nexon, WRV, TUV300, XUV300 : Although suited to my needs, personally I did not like the side profiles looks of sub-4 meter SUVs due to length restriction.
8. 7-seaters: Bigger cars like Marazzo (new entrant), Scorpio (too old) etc excluded mostly due to size and me not being a fan of Mahindra. Hexa/Innova are beyond my budget and size requirements.

So, I finally decided on the Creta 1.6 SX AT although the pricing pinched a lot. And add to that not a single penny is given as discount. However, somehow with some insistence I managed to get floor mats and mud flaps as free and reduce the insurance amount by a couple of thousands and transferred the 35% NCB of my i20. Still the final insurance amount was 54,000 Rs. The car was delivered exactly after 1 month from the booking date, as promised.

The purchase experience was uneventful. However, the sales executive surely has done 2 dicey transactions here: one, he did not give me any receipt for RTO registration fees, and secondly, the notorious ‘handling charges’ of Rs. 3000 was taken from me. For that, he gave me a separate receipt in dealer’s own pad, but not in the main invoice. I even called Hyundai customer care immediately citing the court order regarding this (thanks to TeamBHP), but that guy also said handling charge is indeed taken by Hyundai and sales person is right in charging me the dues. What can I do after that, just threatened the customer care guy to be ready to face another court case and then cut the phone.

A few pictures of the car:

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-front-qtr.jpg
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-front.jpg
The front: Definitely looks bolder than the outgoing model. Striking LED DRLs stand out.

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-rear-led.jpg
The rear: Finally they came - the older tail lamps were replaced with LEDs in the 2019 versions, something to show off after paying so many bucks. But personally, I think they are quick-fix ones in a tweaked old casing itself. The same in the new i20 has a much better eye-catching design.

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-side1.jpg
Side view: Although one can distinguish it from a sub-4 meter SUV, it still looks much shorter than the actual length. I think it is due to the absence of rear quarter glass. Hope Hyundai provides it in the 2020 upgrade. There is no reason why it cannot be designed since Duster/SCross has it in spite of being just 3-5 cm longer than Creta and having similar or more bonnet length.

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-top.jpg
Top View: Here also, it looks shorter than actual.

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-side-my-angle.jpg
Rear 3 quarter view : My preferred angle of view. Looks much bigger in this.

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-boot-free.jpg
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-view-boot-loaded.jpg
Boot space: I was eager to test it since my purchase decision was made and found that it is just adequate, but not great, 402 liters versus 285 liters in i20 (no written documentation found regarding Creta's boot space though).

Although the length of the boot from the bumper to the rear seat base is good, the boot floor itself is very shallow which reduces usable boot space, by a good 3-40 liters in my assumption. Even some hatchbacks 2 segments lower have a taller boot than this. I cannot even place my 80cm trolley bag vertically even after removing the parcel tray, as the slanting windshield area brushes against it. Surprisingly, it is possible in my Elite i20, thanks to a tall car area, in spite of it being a much low slung car. Even new Hyundai Venue has a fairly deep boot floor, in spite of having similar GC as Creta, same tyre width and similarly placed 215 mm section spare wheel under boot.

Many people support the highly placed boot floor to be aligned with the edge of the boot lid, for ease of Unloading luggage by simply dragging them. But what I simply don't understand is that - a person who can lift a bag while loading luggage into the boot, why he cannot lift the same back from just 1/3rd of that height. I saw the same shallow floor set-up in Jeep Compass also. But for me, all it does is eats away god amount of usable the boot space, which is already way behind in Creta than the competition, i.e., around 475 ltrs. Luckily the trolley bag fits perfectly when placed horizontally, as shown in the picture. For a comparison, have a look at the boot of i20 (left) and Venue (right). Notice how low the boot floor sits liberating lots of space vertically.
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-boot-comparison.jpg

Coming to the initial driving experience, after a 245 km round trip to and from my workplace to home, following are my initial impressions:

1. Vibration is next to nil while idling. This is same in both i20 and Creta.
2. Ride quality is similar to i20’s, but definitely not while cornering. It is understandable considering the height of the car.
3. Increase in engine performance after driving the i20 1.2 petrol, does not seem to be prominent. I tried manual mode a few times with acceleration at 3rd gear on open road. But more than pick-up, all I saw increasing are the RPMs and engine sound. At some point after 3000 RPMs, the sound gets so boomy that I had to remove my foot from A pedal. It does not feel like a 1600cc engine, but rather a 1400 cc one. I request the experts/owners to let me know, whether you also have similar experience.
3. Mileage calculated in ‘tank full to tank full’ method is 13.04 kmpl (245 kms in 18.78 litres), respectable figure at the very first month I believe, anyone tend to disagree? Out of this, around 80% was in highway in D mode with speed hovering between 50-80 kms/hr (with 6th gear engaging only at 70% of this time as I could not maintain optimum speed due to highway and traffic conditions). Rest is in town and village interior lane driving with mostly 2nd and 3rd gear, at 50-50 ratio. First servicing is due after 2 week. Let’s see if mileage improves or not.
3. Considerably bad noise insulation in Creta while on the move. I could barely mind the i20's engine at 2500 rpm, but in Creta, it is very prominent. When RPM closes to 3000 revs, the sound gets annoyingly loud and I feel like removing my foot from A pedal. Never felt like the same in i20 petrol.
4. Tyre noise is also noticeable. While going over the roadside reflectors, I can hear the BONG BONG BONG sound inside Creta, while in the i20, the same sound was very much damped and disguised. Could not guess whether it is due to different tyre (Bridgestone Dueler in Creta vs Alnac 4G in i20) with different profile or just because of bad insulation.
5. Up-shifting happens just before 2000 mark, but engine sound just before shifting is very noticeable upto 4th gear. However, upshifting from 5th to 6th is extremely smooth.
6. One very mild CLUCK noise comes from the front suspension since day-1, while going over bumps/speed breakers.

Now coming to the much debated price worthiness of Creta. Most people, including myself, agree that the car is overpriced by at least a lakh. So, I wanted to have a rough comparison with my 2015 i20. This is surely not a fair comparison by any logic, but considering only the fact that i20 is more or less rightly priced in its segment, I wanted to calculate the approximate differentials with Creta, with respect to price and features - only to analyze what I got, what I missed and whether the price difference is worth or not. There are definitely 100s of more aspects to consider in the calculation, but I just concentrated on the most visible ones, from a layman’s point of view. Hope you will excuse me for this madness of sorts.
The ex-showroom price of my i20 was 7.05 lakh back in 2015. The same i20 would have been priced at around, say 8.10 lakh after 4 years, as per Hyundai’s norms. So, Creta at 13.87 lakhs, roughly I paid around 5.77 lakh more. And the following came out of my basic comparison:

What I got (additional features/material/item wise):
1. A tall and slightly bigger car, yes slightly, just 27.5 cm longer than i20. And the width increase is negligible when you consider the interior cabin space, which is almost same as i20.
2. Bigger and slightly powerful engine. Yes again, only slightly. I don't see any noticeable performance gain between the 1.2 and 1.6 petrol engine, in spite of that higher power and torque specs (may be because of vehicle weight.
3. IsoFix child seat anchor
4. Automatic transmission
5. Shark-fin antenna
6. Touch Screen with GPS navigation
7. LED DRL, and very good looking ones
8. Cornering lamp
9. Projector headlights. But to me illumination does not seem to improve considerably over my i20's standard lights.
10. Bigger wheels/tyres. Look wise I still love the simple yet sexy alloys of i20.
11. Dual reversing lamps (I am still pulling my hair out thinking how much pennies were saved by Hyundai by giving single reversing lamp in i20)
12. High GC at 190mm with suspension tuned for that (again no written documentation on it)
13. Cruise control
14. 3yrs unlimited km warranty vs 2yrs limited warranty of i20 (then)
15. Sunroof
16. Roof Rails
What remained same as in my 2015 Elite i20 Asta:
Same sounding music system
Same interior cabin space as i20 if you consider the width, headroom is quite goo though
Same fit and finish of interior
Similar build quality/material, as it looks to me
Same Dual airbags
Similar sized glove box

What I missed from i20:
1. Cooled glove box
2. Electro-chromic IRVM
3. Automatic headlights
4. Auto folding ORVM
5. Rear fog lamps
6. Cluster Ionizer (still not sure whether it actually worked or not ever in my i20 in my 3.5 years and 59k kms of driving)
7. Reversing camera quality. In spite of small display on the IRVM, i20's picture quality is very clear, compared to Creta. At night the display quality is just next to unusable.
8. 1 ltr bottle holder on door. It is present on first look, but some designs like the Milton 975ml thermo flaks are very tight fit and presses against the door pad. A slight crease on the door aligning to the bottle's top would have made it a breeze. 2 images for visualization:
2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-i20-doorpad.jpg
i20 Doorpad

2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review-creta-doorpad.jpg
Creta doorpad

So, after summarizing (based on just my pricing assumption only), it seems, I have lost features worth of around 30-45 thousands and got around 4.85 lakh worth more in terms of incremental financial value, a gain of around 4.35-4.5L in financial terms, but by paying 5.77 lakh extra over the Elite i20, as detailed follows:
Bigger size (material, govt duty etc.) : 100K
Bigger Engine (including govt duty): 100k (or may be more?)
Auto Transmission : 200K
Sunroof : 40K
Touchscreen/GPS : 10k
Bigger Wheels : 10k
LEDs : 5K
Cruise Control : 10K
Miscellaneous : 10k approx

So, as most BHPians agree that the car is overpriced by at least a lakh, the same came out to be true in my rough calculation also, seemingly paying at least 1.2 lakhs more than the deserving price. This becomes much more pronounced when one compares the features in Verna. But since each car has its own USP and downsides as well, we customers cannot do anything about it, other than being happy to own a car of one’s choice and when the car serves you faithfully without trouble. Hope it will be true for my new stead too.
Overall I am happy with my purchase, but would have been the happiest had Hyundai reduced the price, even by just 50k also.

Last edited by anu007 : 23rd May 2019 at 17:32. Reason: Extra line breaks removed
anu007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 23:39   #354

Folks need some help here -

Just booked creta diesel e+ and during personal inspection at the stock yard I found a strange thing on the odometer.

Trip B reading shows 12.1 kms whereas the total odometer reading shows 11 kms. Is this accurate? Any existing Creta owners seen this discrepancy? Since I am buying a new vehicle from the dealer, should I be worried about it?

Saw a similar thing on one of the YouTube videos. Here
See at time 3:10

P.S Tried to upload the image but I get an error saying I do not have the rights to upload
Old 26th May 2019, 16:38   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by princex View Post
Folks need some help here -
Checked with the SA and he says the manufacturer removes the connection to odometer and does a wheel running test during which the trip A/B reading is recorded. And after that the odometer is attached which does not capture this reading and hence the difference around 1-2 kms. In addition to that he also send 2 screenshots with such readings where the odometer kms is less than the trip A/B kms.

Not sure how genuine is this info, can someone shed some light to this ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th May 2019 at 17:33. Reason: Trimming quoted post. A long quoted post inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
Old 26th May 2019, 21:20   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
Hi All,

Increase in engine performance after driving the i20 1.2 petrol, does not seem to be prominent. I tried manual mode a few times with acceleration at 3rd gear on open road. But more than pick-up, all I saw increasing are the RPMs and engine sound. At some point after 3000 RPMs, the sound gets so boomy that I had to remove my foot from A pedal. It does not feel like a 1600cc engine, but rather a 1400 cc one. I request the experts/owners to let me know, whether you also have similar experience.

I took a test drive of the petrol automatic Creta today and I pretty much felt the same. It was a new car, with only 1200 kms on the odo and the engine felt strained. It showed no progress even at 2500 rpm, which is very weird as my i20 petrol pretty much comes alive at 2000 rpm. The progress is definitely not bad in the i20 but the Creta just felt very very disappointing. Same with the Verna. I really wanted to buy a Hyundai but ford is getting my business for now. The 1.5 dragon with the 6 speed TC is definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the Hyundai 1.6p+TC combination. Creta has a good soft ride, and that’s about it. It’s grossly overpriced IMO.
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 21:57   #357

Found one more video where the total odometer reading is less than trip A/B reading.

I am requesting to fellow Bhpians to help me out in this regard, since I've already booked the car and the delivery is next week.
Old 26th May 2019, 23:41   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princex View Post
Checked with the SA and he says the manufacturer removes the connection to odometer and does a wheel running test during which the trip A/B reading is recorded. And after that the odometer is attached which does not capture this reading and hence the difference around 1-2 kms. In addition to that he also send 2 screenshots with such readings where the odometer kms is less than the trip A/B kms.

Not sure how genuine is this info, can someone shed some light to this ?
Better we should call Hyundai customer care immediately in front of the sales guy. Already that un-ethical HANDLING CHARGE is being followed in Hyundai, further fishy affairs should not at all be tolerated.

Last edited by anu007 : 26th May 2019 at 23:46. Reason: Grammer
Old 27th May 2019, 09:59   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu007 View Post
understandable considering the height of the car.
3. Increase in engine performance after driving the i20 1.2 petrol, does not seem to be prominent. I tried manual mode a few times with acceleration at 3rd gear on open road. But more than pick-up, all I saw increasing are the RPMs and engine sound. At some point after 3000 RPMs, the sound gets so boomy that I had to remove my foot from A pedal. It does not feel like a 1600cc engine, but rather a 1400 cc one. I request the experts/owners to let me know, whether you also have similar experience.
I too drive a 1.2 hyundai and creta petrol at. What you have experienced is the normal characteristics of the creta. In the 1.2 even if you shift at 2200 rpm, progress is much higher for some reason. The creta need a medium to high throttle input compared to the manual 1.2. The transmission is to blame I believe because I have driven the diesel AT a few times and it behaves similarly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled_soul View Post
I took a test drive of the petrol automatic Creta today and I pretty much felt the same. It was a new car, with only 1200 kms on the odo and the engine felt strained. It showed no progress even at 2500 rpm, which is very weird as my i20 petrol pretty much comes alive at 2000 rpm. The progress is definitely not bad in the i20 but the Creta just felt very very disappointing. Same with the Verna. I really wanted to buy a Hyundai but ford is getting my business for now. The 1.5 dragon with the 6 speed TC is definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the Hyundai 1.6p+TC combination. Creta has a good soft ride, and that’s about it. It’s grossly overpriced IMO.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 11:29   #360
BHPian

Hi all,

I recently purchased a pre-worshipped Creta SX(O) Petrol manufactured in July 2018 and bought/ registered in September 2018 here in Hyderabad.

A few questions for the Creta SX(O) Petrol owners esp the ones that own the Facelift model (> June 2018).

1. Were the Smart Key Band, Maps SD Card and Auto Link devices handed over and demo-ed to you along with car delivery?

In my case, the original owners did not receive the Smart Key band, Maps SD card and Auto link device at the time of handing over the car stating the same had not arrived from Hyundai itself. Apparently, after about 2-3 weeks of purchasing the car, a Sales rep had come home and installed/ demoed the Maps SD card. But the other two accessories were never delivered/ demoed.

2. I visited the showroom(Fusion Hyundai) from where this car was purchased and inquired about the same. They confirmed that the Smart Key Band was not delivered. So, the CRM manager asked the team to hand one over to me. But, the one they were trying to, did not act as a Smart key, just as a Smartwatch. For now, I have refused to take delivery of the same.

Anyone with similar experience where the Smart key band does not allow locking/ unlocking or starting the engine options but only functions as a smartwatch? Since the Smart Key Band is supposed to function as a Key as-well, I am guessing there needs to be one configured for every car with its VIN or something and its not like they can attach any band to any car. So, if they cannot find a Smart Key Band for my car,
a. They have most likely issued it to someone else, in which case its a security risk for me, albeit the probability of me crossing paths with the other owner is very less.
b. Is there, in that case, a process to report the key lost and get another one issued by HMIL?

3. They are mentioning that the Auto Link device only comes with the SX (Dual Tone) version which does not make any sense to me. As its a standard fitment in i20 top-end versions (if not all). If some of you could confirm, it'd be great.

4. What's the process to transfer the car Warranty in my name and to purchase an extended warranty for the 4th and 5th year from Hyundai?

--Kalyan

Most Viewed