Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 17:08   #361
BHPian

Re: 2018 Hyundai Creta Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I too drive a 1.2 hyundai and creta petrol at. What you have experienced is the normal characteristics of the creta. In the 1.2 even if you shift at 2200 rpm, progress is much higher for some reason. The creta need a medium to high throttle input compared to the manual 1.2. The transmission is to blame I believe because I have driven the diesel AT a few times and it behaves similarly.
Then I think it’s the Hyundai specific transmission that is to be blamed as I have driven all kinds of automatic transmissions now and this one really makes the 1.6 L engine seem lifeless. And it’s a 125ps 150NM engine. It’s really shocking! In comparison, the 1.5 in the eco and 1.5 in the city feel better. Heck, the cvt with 1.2 in the i20 feels better.
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 08:36   #362
BANNED

Hyundai Creta Sport To Likely Launch Later This Year In India.

Source
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 14:15   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi all,

1. Were the Smart Key Band, Maps SD Card and Auto Link devices handed over and demo-ed to you along with car delivery?

2. I visited the showroom(Fusion Hyundai) from where this car was purchased and inquired about the same. They confirmed that the Smart Key Band was not delivered. So, the CRM manager asked the team to hand one

3. They are mentioning that the Auto Link device only comes with the SX (Dual Tone) version which does not make any sense to me. As its a standard fitment in i20 top-end versions (if not all). If some of you could confirm, it'd be great.

4. What's the process to transfer the car Warranty in my name and to purchase an extended warranty for the 4th and 5th year from Hyundai?

--Kalyan
1. They given me the wearable band at the time of delivery itself. It shows time, steps, sleep monitoring..etc and opens the car. I have hardly used it though. Actually, they forgot to handover the map SD card. While demoing the SA called CRM and placed it.

3. I bought the top-end variant in December 2018 (prior to executive and led lights upgrade of 2019). Even I was shocked to know that the auto link device is not available with SX(O) version and comes only with SX Dual Tone. I confirmed this from the customer support.

4. You can buy this anytime is what I understand. But as the time goes, the amount will increase. I opted for the 4th/5th year warranty and got it for 16k I guess, can't recollect now. You can contact the dealer for enrolling for the extended warranty.
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 17:58   #364

Need advice:

Any way we can turn off the speed alert beep at 80 km/hr? This seems very irritating. Although at higher speed level it's fine, but at lower speed, it really irritates. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 9th June 2019, 05:39   #365
BHPian

It is just a beep right?

I guess the bigger problem is 120 after which it doesn’t stop and then it’s REALLY irritating. I would also love to know whether that can be turned off assuming that it does not cause compliance issues.
Old 10th June 2019, 10:41   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-30MKI View Post
It is just a beep right?

I guess the bigger problem is 120 after which it doesn’t stop and then it’s REALLY irritating. I would also love to know whether that can be turned off assuming that it does not cause compliance issues.
Correct at 80 km/hr its just a beep. But on the city ring road one frequently fluctuates between 79 - 81 and it constantly irritates. That's the bigger issue. Moreover, 120 km/HR is a continuous beep.
Old 12th June 2019, 15:15   #367
BHPian

I've asked my SA during the first free service. Its a government norm and is present in all the new cars. Team-BHP has a thread about it. Asked him about disabling it, to which he said not possible. The 80km beep is nothing compared to the ruckus I experienced when I crossed 120kmph. I will still ask my FNG.
dgogold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 18:32   #368
BHPian

I recently got myself a Creta SX O, though the headlights are better as compared to my previous car 2015 Ford Ecosport, it is still not upto mark.
The oem Sylvania HB3 9005 halogens, illuminate the road closer to the car quite well, but I am not satisfied with the distant focus. I have tried Philips Extreme vision,
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00NAZ...b_b_asin_image
But it did not make much difference.
I want to upgrade the bulbs, I know HID’s are a better option, but I don’t want to drill holes in the dust caps of the headlights, with wires etc dangling out of the headlights.
Are the LED’s from Philips and Osram, really worth the upgrade, and do they really make significant difference in night driving.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07QVK77FX/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Osram LED’s are not available on amazon, but on Autotrends,
https://www.autotrends.in/2pcs-hb3-h...ick-start.html
Or should I go with the HID only, 4200k, but as i have already told that I am reluctant to drill holes in the dust cap. I think the attachments of the LED’s are smaller and can be accommodated within the headlights.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B071G58L1M/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Please give your opinion.
Another thing, I was unable to find out the type of Foglight bulbs in the facelifted Creta, is it H8?
Old 18th June 2019, 00:13   #369
BHPian

My creta petrol automatic facelift refuses to lock with the request sensor. It opens with the request sensor button but when I try to lock the car, there is a long beep sound and it doesn’t lock. But it gets locked with the key remote. What could be the reason ?
Old 18th June 2019, 00:53   #370
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
My creta petrol automatic facelift refuses to lock with the request sensor. It opens with the request sensor button but when I try to lock the car, there is a long beep sound and it doesn’t lock. But it gets locked with the key remote. What could be the reason?
Does this happen every time or randomly when you try to lock the car through the request sensor button?
Old 18th June 2019, 01:22   #371
BHPian

I have faced this a couple of time. It happened when I left the key inside or the start / stop button in accessory / ignition mode. It's basically an alarm that something is not right (minor or major)
Old 18th June 2019, 07:23   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Does this happen every time or randomly when you try to lock the car through the request sensor button?
It is happening since few days. I think will have to visit the service centre and get it checked.
Old 18th June 2019, 08:38   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Please give your opinion.
Another thing, I was unable to find out the type of Foglight bulbs in the facelifted Creta, is it H8?
See if there's enough space inside the dust cover to accommodate the LED driver. But am not sure if it's a good practice since the bulb unit gets really hot. As for the HIDs, I have drilled holes to run the wires in my previous cars and haven't faced any issues. Personally, I would prefer the HIDs..

Foglight bulbs are P27W 881 (27W)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
My creta petrol automatic facelift refuses to lock with the request sensor. It opens with the request sensor button but when I try to lock the car, there is a long beep sound and it doesn’t lock. But it gets locked with the key remote. What could be the reason ?
The long beep usually happen when the keys are left inside the car or you try to lock when the car is in ignition mode. Since that's not the case, it should be a faulty button. They will replace the entire handle under warranty (I had it changed once).
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 12:35   #374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Foglight bulbs are P27W 881 (27W)
Pre-facelift Creta used to get H27 881 bulbs. But from the facelift onwards, it is H8 35W bulbs.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th June 2019 at 08:25. Reason: Missing word added
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 06:44   #375
BHPian

Quote:
The long beep usually happen when the keys are left inside the car or you try to lock when the car is in ignition mode. Since that's not the case, it should be a faulty button. They will replace the entire handle under warranty (I had it changed once).

You were right. We had left behind the spare key in the dashboard somehow and since that it was happening. Removed it and all is well now.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th June 2019 at 05:03. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
bhavukjain is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed