Team-BHP - Honda Amaze : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Amaze : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/200430-honda-amaze-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvadips (Post 4476623)
I had yet not managed to scraped the floors in my Amaze in the last 3 months that I had bought it in Delhi. Had seated 4 adults and 1 kid with completely filled boot. I am pretty excited about it.

Surely highways will never be a problem for low GC. The real test happens in cities like Bangalore where you need to really struggle with giant speed humps daily :mad:. No matter how good the GC is, with full load it may sag and you know the next. But I take your opinion here. Will try a TD with full load.

I have the first iteration of the Amaze, a Petrol one. I have traveled long distances for example Gwalior-Pune & traversed on worst kind of roads but the Amaze never scrapped anywhere. Yeah being a car you have to be a bit more careful as compared to a SUV.
I agree the fuel tank is capacity is quite small especially for highway runs but if the route is planned keeping this in mind you don't face it as an issue. For example, for Bangalore-Pune run, I used to top up in Bangalore & then in Hubli. But a 45 liter tank would have given it a good range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4476736)
Surely highways will never be a problem for low GC. The real test happens in cities like Bangalore where you need to really struggle with giant speed humps daily :mad:. No matter how good the GC is, with full load it may sag and you know the next. But I take your opinion here. Will try a TD with full load.

Yes Rajiv, I agree. Stayed in Bangalore for 14 years before moving to Delhi. Delhi roads are like cream if compared to Bangalore at most of the places and the humps in Bangalore are too big for comfort of any car driver and not forgetting the large potholes. I had a Getz Prime in Bangalore with 165 mm, that scraped more than once. But with 170 mm, I think even in Bangalore, its a good deal. In general, I think, only SUVs can do better than 170 mm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by distiller (Post 4478302)
I have the first iteration of the Amaze, a Petrol one. I have traveled long distances for example Gwalior-Pune & traversed on worst kind of roads but the Amaze never scrapped anywhere. Yeah being a car you have to be a bit more careful as compared to a SUV.
I agree the fuel tank is capacity is quite small especially for highway runs but if the route is planned keeping this in mind you don't face it as an issue. For example, for Bangalore-Pune run, I used to top up in Bangalore & then in Hubli. But a 45 liter tank would have given it a good range.

My earlier car was with 45 L, so I too feel the pain with 35 L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvadips (Post 4478552)
My earlier car was with 45 L, so I too feel the pain with 35 L.

I think with 45 L fuel tank, Amaze will lose its 420 L boot. :)

Interestingly the brochure of new Amaze says the yearly maintenance for petrol variant is 3500/- and for diesel it is 4900/- will stars (TnC). Any ideas what that is all about? Will that be so low for a Honda car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4478689)
Interestingly the brochure of new Amaze says the yearly maintenance for petrol variant is 3500/- and for diesel it is 4900/- will stars (TnC). Any ideas what that is all about? Will that be so low for a Honda car?

For me it's still true on paper as my car is just 3 months old. Will update once I have my first paid maintenance. But this is a selling point for the car and that too maintenance is once a year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4468931)
Amaze petrol CVT owners, what is the realistic FE that you are getting in pure city traffic like Bangalore?

After 4 months/3500km of usage I'm getting 10.8 on the meter and 9.8 using tank full method. I use S mode very frequently with paddle shifters. Hoping FE to increase over time else plan to visit service center once to get this notified.

From Honda India's Facebook page:

A new milestone unlocked! The #AllNewAmaze records 50,000 unit sales in just 5 months! Celebrating this landmark, we're delighted to launch the full version of your favourite #HondaAmazeSong on Gaana.
Listen and download it at http://bit.ly/2yG68FE

We hope you love it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nazzy (Post 4487960)
From Honda India's Facebook page:

A new milestone unlocked! The #AllNewAmaze records 50,000 unit sales in just 5 months! Celebrating this landmark, we're delighted to launch the full version of your favourite #HondaAmazeSong on Gaana.
Listen and download it at http://bit.ly/2yG68FE

We hope you love it :)

Really happy for Honda, and they deserve it for the way they have turned the Amaze around. Not just in terms of looks, buy giving the customers what they want in terms of features as well. clap:

OT: I always found this song being played in the Amaze ad to be very catchy. Glad they released the full version. stupid:

Is Amaze losing its initial hype or is the market for compact sedans shrinking?

No cannibalization effect as even the Honda City and its WR-V too have drop in numbers.

Honda Amaze : Official Review-1.jpg

Source:AutoPunditz

Took a long-ish drive in a friends' new Amaze VX MT Petrol. Some of my observations -

- The styling may not be universally appealing (like the Dzire) but it has decent street presence.

- Build quality is acceptable. Not overly flimsy like the previous gen, but doesn't feel as well built as, say a Jazz.

- The glovebox issue has been resolved in the newer cars.

- Drive was as expected. The 1.2 petrol engine is smooth and refined, but needs to be revved like crazy to extract performance. Didn't feel peppy at low speeds. Dzire's petrol is more balanced.

- It seems as though someone from Hyundai has set up the suspension. lol: It is soft at low speeds, but feels kinda soggy at higher speeds. This is not a car that likes to corner hard. Steering is good though, light at slow speeds, weighs up decently when you go faster.

- Light controls, smooth clutch and gearbox make it effortless to drive in the city. If only it had more low-end grunt.

Overall, it feels like a good car but it doesn't do outstandingly well in any particular area. It's a jack of all trades, master of none. Of course, it does have the Diesel-CVT trump card.

IMO, once the initial hype dies down, it is gonna settle down around the 4-6k range in the monthly sales charts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4490046)
Is Amaze losing its initial hype or is the market for compact sedans shrinking?

The initial two months of sales shouldn't be considered as a norm. I feel Amaze should settle somewhere around the 4k mark in the long term.

Request to Mods :

Considering that manufacturers delete/ modify features slyly, please add the below brochures to the Official Review. These will be useful in future for any comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron:) (Post 4490144)
T

Overall, it feels like a good car but it doesn't do outstandingly well in any particular area. It's a jack of all trades, master of none. Of course, it does have the Diesel-CVT trump card.

your observation is spot on. It is a good VFM car. You should try the Diesel CVT for that peppy "kick" as I have one and have started to push it little harder by flooring the accelerator and it responds amazingly well. It just cuts few steps in the CVT and gains speed very quickly without much stress - we can feel that rush !. This was one key reason i opted for the Diesel CVT instead of Petrol. It returns 16.5 kmpl in City conditions with A/C On Always at this point.

Swami

Hi All
Am hearing a screeching/squealing sound from my front left wheel. I noticed this sound today morning when i started the car. I thought it might be due to the rains and applied brake harder few times. Sound stopped. Now in the evening again that noise is coming for some time and stopped. When I googled, it was mentioned there might be a problem with the brake pad. My car (D - V - CVT) is only 4 months old and has ran 4200 kms. Please advise.