Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 11th October 2018, 16:35   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
I had yet not managed to scraped the floors in my Amaze in the last 3 months that I had bought it in Delhi. Had seated 4 adults and 1 kid with completely filled boot. I am pretty excited about it.
Surely highways will never be a problem for low GC. The real test happens in cities like Bangalore where you need to really struggle with giant speed humps daily . No matter how good the GC is, with full load it may sag and you know the next. But I take your opinion here. Will try a TD with full load.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2018, 20:37   #152
BHPian

I have the first iteration of the Amaze, a Petrol one. I have traveled long distances for example Gwalior-Pune & traversed on worst kind of roads but the Amaze never scrapped anywhere. Yeah being a car you have to be a bit more careful as compared to a SUV.
I agree the fuel tank is capacity is quite small especially for highway runs but if the route is planned keeping this in mind you don't face it as an issue. For example, for Bangalore-Pune run, I used to top up in Bangalore & then in Hubli. But a 45 liter tank would have given it a good range.
distiller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 11:09   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Surely highways will never be a problem for low GC. The real test happens in cities like Bangalore where you need to really struggle with giant speed humps daily . No matter how good the GC is, with full load it may sag and you know the next. But I take your opinion here. Will try a TD with full load.
Yes Rajiv, I agree. Stayed in Bangalore for 14 years before moving to Delhi. Delhi roads are like cream if compared to Bangalore at most of the places and the humps in Bangalore are too big for comfort of any car driver and not forgetting the large potholes. I had a Getz Prime in Bangalore with 165 mm, that scraped more than once. But with 170 mm, I think even in Bangalore, its a good deal. In general, I think, only SUVs can do better than 170 mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distiller View Post
I have the first iteration of the Amaze, a Petrol one. I have traveled long distances for example Gwalior-Pune & traversed on worst kind of roads but the Amaze never scrapped anywhere. Yeah being a car you have to be a bit more careful as compared to a SUV.
I agree the fuel tank is capacity is quite small especially for highway runs but if the route is planned keeping this in mind you don't face it as an issue. For example, for Bangalore-Pune run, I used to top up in Bangalore & then in Hubli. But a 45 liter tank would have given it a good range.
My earlier car was with 45 L, so I too feel the pain with 35 L.
shuvadips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 12:29   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
My earlier car was with 45 L, so I too feel the pain with 35 L.
I think with 45 L fuel tank, Amaze will lose its 420 L boot.
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2018, 13:54   #155
BHPian

Interestingly the brochure of new Amaze says the yearly maintenance for petrol variant is 3500/- and for diesel it is 4900/- will stars (TnC). Any ideas what that is all about? Will that be so low for a Honda car?
rajivtelang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 14:34   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Interestingly the brochure of new Amaze says the yearly maintenance for petrol variant is 3500/- and for diesel it is 4900/- will stars (TnC). Any ideas what that is all about? Will that be so low for a Honda car?
For me it's still true on paper as my car is just 3 months old. Will update once I have my first paid maintenance. But this is a selling point for the car and that too maintenance is once a year.
shuvadips is offline   Reply With Quote