Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
727,327 views Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2020, 07:00   #241
BHPian
 
Sk8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chennai
Posts: 430
Thanked: 1,853 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Great pricing ! Amaze was already a great package and this will ensure their dwindling sales will not go more south.

Also, Now I am definitely sure Maruti is going to launch their 1.5 Diesel engine in BS 6 avatar sooner or later
Sk8r is offline  
Old 2nd February 2020, 09:31   #242
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 8,864 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (14)
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Variant wise price difference between B6 and BS4 Amaze:

Honda Amaze : Official Review-screenshot_20200202-honda-amaze-bs6-petrol-diesel-launched-india-rs-6-10-lakh.png
Image source
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 06:17   #243
BHPian
 
terra85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 179 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi, am looking to buy amaze cvt diesel here in bangalore. There are a few bs4 cars left, what is the discount being offered can anyone share info.
terra85 is offline  
Old 5th February 2020, 19:17   #244
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 4
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi, did anyone buy the new Honda amaze petrol cvt bs6 model? I had booked the bs4 model last month and was promised a quick delivery last month. But sadly after a lot of drama I was let known that bs4 is no longer available and only bs6 will be available. But neither the dealership nor Honda India is able to tell me when will the bs6 verison will be available!!!!
Anupam2019 is offline  
Old 10th February 2020, 13:51   #245
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 25
Thanked: 27 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Hi, am looking to buy amaze cvt diesel here in bangalore. There are a few bs4 cars left, what is the discount being offered can anyone share info.
42k is what company is offering offically. You can refer below link for the split up.
https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers

I had purchased a BS4 Amaze Diesel V CVT in December 2019 (Trivandrum, Kerala). Offer I got from dealer was in-line with what was listed in Honda website.
My dealer had only 1 BS4 car in stock and did not offer more discounts even after multiple negotiations.
daniel_sam is offline  
Old 10th February 2020, 17:09   #246
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 17
Thanked: 32 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

I am facing nasty rattling issues on my Amaze (2018 Make) .first issue is, When I go over those rumble strips or minor patches, the lower part of the dashboard will make a rattle. It is started to irritate me big time. second, there is a rattle from the glove box as well. But the cover will never pop out as reported in initial Batches. Third, there is consistent noise from Passenger side door glass. Anyone has faced similar issues? If so Honda ASC were able to fix them?
Turbospool83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2020, 21:46   #247
BHPian
 
praveesh4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Calicut
Posts: 36
Thanked: 144 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi Turbospool83,

Quote:
I am facing nasty rattling issues on my Amaze (2018 Make)
I had faced all these issues in my two-month-old Amaze. In addition to these issues, there was a knocking noise from the right side front wheel while going over rumble strips. Upon inspection, the Honda ASC guys found that the lower arm was faulty and it was replaced under warranty. Now the dashboard and glove box rattling are gone.

The passenger side door vibrations -HASS guys will do some lousy fix so that the noise/vibrations won't be there for 1-2 days and then it reappears.
praveesh4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 12:01   #248
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 17
Thanked: 32 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveesh4u View Post
Hi Turbospool83,

The passenger side door vibrations -HASS guys will do some lousy fix so that the noise/vibrations won't be there for 1-2 days and then it reappears.
Thanks Parveesh4u for your feedback. So similar fix were already applied on Driver Side Glass. Luckily it never reappeared. Planning to visit ASC soon and let see what they will do.
Turbospool83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 14:54   #249
BHPian
 
terra85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 179 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi, I got my Amaze V CVT BS4 diesel, the last one I found in Hosur , there were no VX CVT diesels left. Just starting out got it delivered to bangalore, had a pretty good experience, worth considering. Review of the car will do in due course. The most irritating thing is no backlit indicators in the AT, something even my Grand i10 has, Does anyone have any solution for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-img20200214wa0063.jpg  


Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th February 2020 at 16:56. Reason: Typos.
terra85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 16:18   #250
BHPian
 
sidpunjabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bombay
Posts: 169
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who is looking to buy his first car.

He's narrowed it down to the Honda Amaze S MT and the Honda Jazz VX MT. At the moment, he's leaning the towards the Amaze and I'm hoping to here from current owners whether the car is suitable for his requirements.

Requirements:
  • Budget is Rs. 10 lakhs.
  • For personal reasons, he's NOT open to buying from the stables of Maruti, Hyundai or Tata and hence felt Honda has the best network within the available options.
  • The car will be his daily driver, primarily within city limits (avg. 30 kms/day). Highway trips will be occasional, maybe once in 3 months.
  • Tall family of 4 people, but he wants to future proof it for the 5th one whenever it happens, so backseat space is of importance (reason why we had to strike off the Polo and Ameo)
  • Since it's his first car, his family wants him to stick to manual transmission choices only.

Obviously, both, Jazz and Amaze are great cars and each have their own pros and cons, but in terms of long term maintenance, VFM, and reliability - which of the 2 would be a better buy?

Also, would it make sense (financially) to go for Diesel over Petrol, given his running?



PS: He recently moved to Hyderabad, so shout out to Hyd based t-bhpians for your experiences.
sidpunjabi is offline  
Old 18th February 2020, 16:54   #251
BHPian
 
Hickstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: TS09 & PY04
Posts: 283
Thanked: 669 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Hi all,

Obviously, both, Jazz and Amaze are great cars and each have their own pros and cons, but in terms of long term maintenance, VFM, and reliability - which of the 2 would be a better buy?

Also, would it make sense (financially) to go for Diesel over Petrol, given his running?
The factors long term maintenance and reliability apply in same way to both Amaze and Jazz. It just depends on the body style he was looking for. In my opinion, he should consider Jazz in CVT Avatar which is for sure a future proof car with good rear leg room as well as ample head room for the tall family. Jazz is a compact MPV on the road with respect to the comfort it offers. I myself drive a first generation Amaze (P) from 2015 with out any major issues in the maintenance as well as reliability and my ASS is Pride Honda, Hyderabad.
Considering the petrol vehicle is a better option for his usage. The future of diesel engines is still not certain due to expected strict pollution control norms from the governments.

Last edited by Hickstead : 18th February 2020 at 16:59. Reason: Added more info.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 18:24   #252
BHPian
 
strawhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SBC/SC/VSKP
Posts: 270
Thanked: 500 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who is looking to buy his first car.

He's narrowed it down to the Honda Amaze S MT and the Honda Jazz VX MT. At the moment, he's leaning the towards the Amaze and I'm hoping to here from current owners whether the car is suitable for his requirements.

Requirements:
Budget is Rs. 10 lakhs.
For personal reasons, he's NOT open to buying from the stables of Maruti, Hyundai or Tata and hence felt Honda has the best network within the available options.
The car will be his daily driver, primarily within city limits (avg. 30 kms/day). Highway trips will be occasional, maybe once in 3 months.
Tall family of 4 people, but he wants to future proof it for the 5th one whenever it happens, so backseat space is of importance (reason why we had to strike off the Polo and Ameo)
Since it's his first car, his family wants him to stick to manual transmission choices only.
Hi,

Automatic can be considered a more comfortable option as he will be driving daily in a city. If he is concerned about reliability/maintenance costs of automatics, then he can be rest assured. Today's automatics are very efficient and mirror manuals in mileage. The service cost difference between manuals and automatics also is negligible. So he need not worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Obviously, both, Jazz and Amaze are great cars and each have their own pros and cons, but in terms of long term maintenance, VFM, and reliability - which of the 2 would be a better buy?

Also, would it make sense (financially) to go for Diesel over Petrol, given his running?
For his running petrol should suffice. Honda petrols are bullet proof. He can't go wrong with them. Both Amaze and Jazz are perfect city cars, quite nimble.

Actually I will even suggest WR-V if he is strictly considering only manuals. The top variant might cost 10.8L or so but if he can negotiate, that might come down to/under 10L. Its a slow selling car so discounts will surely be there on BS4 models.

On features front I'd rate Jazz higher due to it having cruise control. WR-V has sunroof, if he prefers one. Amaze has larger boot space of the three. So, each car has some USP's, otherwise most of the features are similar. WR-V is manual only whereas the other two offer CVT transmission.

Last edited by strawhat : 18th February 2020 at 18:28.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2020, 13:11   #253
BHPian
 
sidpunjabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bombay
Posts: 169
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Thanks Hickstead & strawhat.

So just a bit more background to clarify things.

In Mumbai, he/his family never bothered with a car because his bike and the occasional Uber/Ola were more than sufficient for the family's needs. Also, the traffic situation was a permanent deterrent towards this decision.

It's only after moving to Hyderabad that he realized he'll need a car and hence got down to hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
It just depends on the body style he was looking for. In my opinion, he should consider Jazz in CVT Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Automatic can be considered a more comfortable option as he will be driving daily in a city. If he is concerned about reliability/maintenance costs .... So he need not worry.

The reason for a MT is because the last (and probably only) time he has driven a MT car was over a decade ago, using the driving school's car, when he applied for a license. Basically, his thought is that it's easy to shift to AT/CVT options in the future once he's aced MT. But going from AT/CVT to MT can be arduous.

Also, he's pretty open to any body type, as long as it fits his needs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
The future of diesel engines is still not certain due to expected strict pollution control norms from the governments.
We thought so as well. With global manufacturers quietly shunning away from diesel engines and with the government focusing more on electric, not to mention the whole BS6 circus, we were wondering whether the investment in a diesel mill would be headache-free, even if the running were justified. Thanks for clarifying this.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Considering the petrol vehicle is a better option for his usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
For his running petrol should suffice....

Actually I will even suggest WR-V if he is strictly considering only manuals..... Its a slow selling car so discounts will surely be there on BS4 models.
The WR-V was a strong contender and 1 of the key reasons for the Diesel vs. Petrol query.
If you'll said that his running justifies a Diesel - I would have definitely suggested the WR-V Diesel.
The 1.2L petrol feels really under-powered for such a car. (No offence to WR-V owners). Hence, the WR-V is off our list. :(


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
my ASS is Pride Honda, Hyderabad.
I've seen Pride Honda being mentioned in various other topics as well on t-bhp. Seems like there are quite a few of them in Hyderabad. Any particular workshop of their's to take note of?
sidpunjabi is offline  
Old 19th February 2020, 15:09   #254
BHPian
 
Hickstead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: TS09 & PY04
Posts: 283
Thanked: 669 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

The reason to prefer MT sounds fine. But switching from AT to MT in future should not be a major issue. I see AT as future due to growing traffic conditions in all cities.
Coming to MT, again my answer is same. Both Jazz & Amaze runs on same 1.2L iVtec and mostly the response would remain the same. We have a common gift included i.e. the notorious low end torque with this engine. Otherwise it is butter smooth and refined gem. In CVT, the low end torque issue is masked in an amazing way.

In Amaze, sitting is on lower side where as it is commanding in Jazz with huge glass area around.
I am not sure about the performance of 1.2 L iVtec in WR-V, but I have come across many petrol vehicles on the road. Yes, I agree that in fully loaded conditions and up hill situations, it would be under powered for sure.
Pride Honda, Hyderabad has two work shops as I know, Madhapur (congested) & Miyapur ( spacious enough). I prefer the later one always.
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 13:12   #255
BHPian
 
sidpunjabi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bombay
Posts: 169
Thanked: 125 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
The reason to prefer MT sounds fine. But switching from AT to MT in future should not be a major issue. I see AT as future due to growing traffic conditions in all cities.
I agree. I personally find myself working the gears a lot more now than I did, say, 5 years ago, in my commute. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, sticking to MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
In CVT, the low end torque issue is masked in an amazing way.
Personally, the CVT sounds really tempting now. I'm gonna keep this in mind when the time comes for me to change my car. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Madhapur (congested) & Miyapur ( spacious enough). I prefer the later one always.
Noted! Thanks again for helping iron out the wrinkles.
sidpunjabi is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks