Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 18:26   #301
BHPian

Honda Amaze : 2020 v/s 2021 model : Any differences? | Few more questions

Hi,

The "Offers" section of the Honda India website (https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers) mentions two models of Honda Amaze : The 2020 model and the 2021 model.

I haven't been able to find out the differences anywhere.

One dealer said that it is just the manufacturing year difference and nothing else. He also said that if there is a 2020 model available he can try and get me more discount (He said none are available after checking).

While another one said that 2020 is a BS IV engine while the 2021 is BS VI engine.

Can anyone shed more light on this? Should I watch out for something?

A few more novice questions :
  1. If I buy a car from one dealer, do I have to get it serviced from the same dealer? Would I be subject to differential treatment at a service center of a different dealer?
  2. I was told that is a delivery checklist somewhere here in TBHP. Where can I find it?
  3. It is becoming increasingly clear that buying an insurance from the dealer is almost twice as costly as what policybazaar.com offers. So if I were to go for insurance policy myself, what are steps for that? When in the process of delivery do I need to buy the insurance online?
  4. Any good contacts for seat covers in Bengaluru? Similar to insurance I am guessing the dealers are quoting a higher price. I want to find out what competitive prices are being offered out there. But since I am not experienced in identifying a good one v/s bad, it would be very helpful if I can get a reliable recommendation from the knowledgeable / experienced folks here.
Old 18th February 2021, 23:09   #302
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : 2020 v/s 2021 model : Any differences? | Few more questions

Though I can't answer all your queries, will do what I can:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srirang View Post
Hi,

The "Offers" section of the Honda India website (https://www.hondacarindia.com/offers) mentions two models of Honda Amaze : The 2020 model and the 2021 model.

I haven't been able to find out the differences anywhere.

One dealer said that it is just the manufacturing year difference and nothing else. He also said that if there is a 2020 model available he can try and get me more discount (He said none are available after checking).

While another one said that 2020 is a BS IV engine while the 2021 is BS VI engine.

Can anyone shed more light on this? Should I watch out for something?
The difference between 2020 and 2021 models is just that of the Manufacturing Year. Since a '2020 manufactured car' receives lesser attention in 2021 and people look for a car with the most recent manufacturing date/ year, the previous year models are sold at a slightly higher discount, sometimes landing you with mouth-watering deals (depends on the model, demand and ofcourse the negotiation). All the thing you heard about BS 4 is absolutely false and legally no one can sell a BS 4 model anymore.

Quote:
A few more novice questions :
1. If I buy a car from one dealer, do I have to get it serviced from the same dealer? Would I be subject to differential treatment at a service center of a different dealer?
All you need to check is that you're giving your car to an Authorised Service Station. There will be no differential treatment as every customer is just another business for them at the end of the day. Check reviews, if required, before you hand over the car.

Quote:
2. I was told that is a delivery checklist somewhere here in TBHP. Where can I find it?
https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...heck-list.html (ARTICLE: Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) & Check List)

FYI, You can use the 'Search' feature to search anything within the forum.

Quote:
3. It is becoming increasingly clear that buying an insurance from the dealer is almost twice as costly as what policybazaar.com offers. So if I were to go for insurance policy myself, what are steps for that? When in the process of delivery do I need to buy the insurance online?
Yes, you can inform your dealer that you'll be buying the insurance and take necessary details from the dealer. Or you can also push your dealer to match the insurance quote you're seeing online/ outside. Many a times, the dealer will match the quote or at least come quite close to it.
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 15:33   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Though I can't answer all your queries, will do what I can:
Thank you very much. Your answer was very helpful.

Quote:
Yes, you can inform your dealer that you'll be buying the insurance and take necessary details from the dealer.
In this case, is there a checklist like the PDI one that I can refer to? Searched the forum but could not find anything like a list.

Quote:
Or you can also push your dealer to match the insurance quote you're seeing online/ outside. Many a times, the dealer will match the quote or at least come quite close to it.
Will keep this in mind.

Another question : I want to know the utility of these accessories and if I am better off getting these fixed outside than from the dealer. I have specified the current price quoted by the dealer here for Honda Amaze
  1. Edge Protect (Bumper 4 corners) - 1,999/-
  2. Body Side Molding (Door beading) - 3,399/-
  3. Door Edge Garnish - 699/-
Old 22nd February 2021, 02:47   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srirang View Post
In this case, is there a checklist like the PDI one that I can refer to? Searched the forum but could not find anything like a list.

Another question : I want to know the utility of these accessories and if I am better off getting these fixed outside than from the dealer. I have specified the current price quoted by the dealer here for Honda Amaze
  1. Edge Protect (Bumper 4 corners) - 1,999/-
  2. Body Side Molding (Door beading) - 3,399/-
  3. Door Edge Garnish - 699/-
Do you mean a checklist specific about Insurance? If yes, sorry I'm not aware of it but you may find similar threads in the Insurance section of the Forum though I'm not sure.

About the three accessories you mentioned, personally, only the door edge garnish is actually of some use as its very common for people to open doors and scratch/knock the edge against surfaces. But, I feel even that isn't a necessity as you rarely see cars with any serious damages like that even over a 10-15 year time period. The bumper protector is mostly useless according to me as it covers quite a narrow area. If you're fitting it, make sure its on the most protruding part of the bumper as I've been seeing numerous cars with it being installed on parts of the bumper which are actually not the protruding edges.

The door beading is just an accessory for visual appeal and I guess its your personal choice. But I don't think it adds anything special in terms of protecting the door.
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 07:37   #305
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Would the difference in wheel size between the E & S variants (175/65 R14) and the V & VX variants (175/65 R15) mean they will have different levels of ground clearance. Also, would the ride be different on both wheel sizes, since I'm not sure Honda would have changed the spring and damping rates for the different variants.
Old 9th April 2021, 09:02   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Would the difference in wheel size between the E & S variants (175/65 R14) and the V & VX variants (175/65 R15) mean they will have different levels of ground clearance. Also, would the ride be different on both wheel sizes, since I'm not sure Honda would have changed the spring and damping rates for the different variants.
Good question. This translates to a 5% circumference difference (13mm !!) between the two.
The SA told me that the R14 ones give a cushier ride. But considering the undertired look of the S/E variant (even more so as compared to the V/VX) I would be inclined to believe that Honda has not done any changes and the lower variants do indeed seat lower.
Old 9th April 2021, 09:06   #307
BHPian

Any news on potential updates to the Amaze?. I read about some along the likes of projector headlights, LED DRLs, LED tail lamps, improved HU and revised bumpers. Really wish they can up the game vs the DZire unless they are happy with the 3.5k -4k units they do per month.
My wish list would include rear head rests and a standard front armrest for the VX variant.
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 12:36   #308
BHPian

Mods & owners please help
I had posted a similar appeal on another thread but lost it. Mods please feel free to move this where ever you want.
I have zeroed in on the Amaze as my next car. I shall be exchanging my 10 year old wagon r cng. Now I am assailed by those old doubts. Viz petrol or diesel
# petrol has just crossed the 100 rs mark with diesel following close behind.
# BS6 diesels are costlier to maintain I believe ( owners will be able to say)
# my yearly run unlikely to go beyond 6000kms.
#I am going to keep this car till retirement and beyond.
# my budget permits me up to S in diesel but VX in petrol.
# I live in a non metro town with easy traffic.
So what should I do for my peace of mind and calming my OCD.
Old 20th June 2021, 21:33   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Now I am assailed by those old doubts. Viz petrol or diesel...So what should I do for my peace of mind and calming my OCD.
We know nothing about future price trends of petrol and diesel. But we do know that diesels are costlier to maintain than petrols and BS6 diesels even more so. Therefore, considering your estimated running it makes little sense to go for the diesel. As Honda is known for smooth, refined and reliable petrol engines, in my opinion, you should get peace of mind with the Amaze petrol.
k_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:17   #310
BHPian

My wife picked up a VX Petrol CVT Amaze yesterday. Needed a car immediately and the Amaze fit the budget and timelines perfectly.

Will keep the thread updated with our impressions once we get the chance to drive it around a bit.
GNG19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 09:16   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNG19 View Post
My wife picked up a VX Petrol CVT Amaze yesterday. Needed a car immediately and the Amaze fit the budget and timelines perfectly.
Congratulations on the purchase! As I keep saying, Amaze is 80% of the City at 60% of the price.

If she has not used paddle shifts before, it might take a while to get used to it but it is something you have to use to make Amaze work (whenever you need a bit of extra power), specifically in petrol avatar.

Last edited by amit73 : 4th July 2021 at 09:18.
Old 21st July 2021, 10:35   #312
BHPian

Recently bought the Amaze V CVT for the wife. She wanted a hassle free automatic with decent space and it has that. I understand that they re going in for a facelift, so very few options were available at the dealers.

I did all the tests in broad daylight and the first thing that hit me after getting delivery is that the lights in the cabin are just not enough. For eg., there is no light on the gear shift. So for a person who is new to the car, its a bit of an issue selecting the right gear, even though the MID does show the gear in use. Secondly no lights on the window or side view mirror controls. (Unless I am missing something, I cant find a button or any option to put on these lights)

there also seems to be some severe cost cutting. For eg. the side view mirrors are held onto the doors with exposed screws and nuts. They could have atleast put a rubber gasket over it. And finally the non covered boot lid, looks horrendous. You can see the wiring going to the lights and this is absolutely silly.

on the plus side, the car drives really well and is an absolute delight for day to day in city driving. Perfect for the better half. Only wish some of the above problems were sorted out.
mav2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 21:07   #313
BHPian

I recently picked up a pre-owned Amaze V CVT Diesel for intra-city use. Quite happy with it so far.

Does anyone know how to adjust the headlight level manually with a screw next to the headlight(not using the electronic switch inside)? I could not find this leveling screw anywhere. The low beam at the highest level still falls a bit too close to the car and I'd like to increase the throw a little bit.
Old 17th December 2021, 13:27   #314
Senior - BHPian

The second-gen Honda Amaze has crossed the 2 lakh deliveries milestone since its launch in May 2018.

Honda Amaze : Official Review-20211217_132444.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 08:24   #315
BHPian

We’ve booked Honda Amaze S Petrol MT for mom and elders in the family. The car will be mainly chauffeur driven and monthly running is about 2000km. Will be getting the car in a week.

Earlier TATA Punch was booked but switched to Amaze due to long waiting periods of Punch and Amaze being a superior comfort oriented product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks