Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2022, 11:19   #316
BHPian
 
josetom89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 32
Thanked: 36 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Anyone called up for ecu updation (DPF related). I got a call from my SA yesterday. He mentioned it is mandatory and urgent. Mine is an Amaze D CVT 2020.
josetom89 is offline  
Old 30th May 2022, 11:47   #317
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Gurgoan
Posts: 11
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

(Not Sure if its the correct thread for my post on Honda Amaze CVT Petrol. Mods please shift the post to the relevant thread if you feel otherwise.)

Now the story!
I own a WRV diesel since 2019 and purchased an Amaze CVT Petrol in 2021 as my better half put her foot down for an automatic and wasn't willing to settle for a maruti. Since this would be an extra car and would not be used much I decided to get along.

WR-V has been an absolute delight, the mileage on the odometer is near 19/- which I must say gives lot of comfort in times of rising fuel costs.

Now comes the problem part New Honda Amaze CVT Petrol. From day one the mileage has been in single digits especially during summer. I waited patiently for an year for Oil change so that that the bad boy atleast scores double digits. The vehicle got its third service done in May and the mileage has barely increased by 1. Around 10 km/l. The suspension is so soft that on a full load the vehicle is bound to scratch its underbelly on the world class roads of gurgaon. Other than this the vehicle has been pretty good in interior comfort, cabin noise and cvt performance.

Now the question for which I need the experts advise.
After purchase of the vehicle in June last year I got the seat covers, door mats and full lower matting done in the car. (I dont know what to call it as its done after removing all the seats and pasting a sheet to prevent water from soiling the belly of the car).

The vehicle is driven both by me and by my wife. Every time a driver is changed, the seat is adjusted for drivers comfort. The driver seat worked perfectly for the 9 months plus. Recently the downward shift in driver seat adjustment began to give problems and the lever skipped a number of times before the seat could move down. Everytime we tried to move the lever down it would skip and make a kat kat noise. There is however no problem with the upward shift.

The issue was brought to the notice of Cherish Honda Gurgaon. (Disclaimer: I had changed the infamous digipad 1.0 of my WR-v thrice from Cherish Honda and the same was done without a fuss). The issue was diagnosed of faulty system for movement of seat however the warranty was denied stating that the system became faulty due to improper fitting of seat covers which to me was surprising.
Now I request the experts to help me with three things:

1. Should I accept the dealerships contention that the seat mechanism became faulty due to seat cover fitted outside.
2. The seat moving mechanism could not be replaced as no child parts are available. The entire frame set costs upward of INR 12.7 k. Is there any repair guy in and around gurgaon who could repair the child parts.
3. The mileage has been a pain from start any tips for improving the same. The vehicle is not run much on the highway however the mileage on the highway is fine upwards of 15 kmpl.
The dealership says they have checked the car and everything is fine with it.
4. Should i engage in some aftermarket accessories to increase / tightened the shock absorbers or it would void my warranty?

Thanks for the help in advance.
jatinkhanduja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 15:16   #318
Distinguished - BHPian
 
lamborghini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 5,994
Thanked: 5,364 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Got an opportunity to spend a week behind the wheel of a 2020 pre-facelift Honda Amaze 1.2 CVT the other day, run 7K kms in the last two years with non-enthusiast owners (your average car buyer).

This vehicle was a replacement for a flood damaged 2018 Swift ZDi AMT, and the requirement was for an automatic, reliable, and easy to drive car around the city - including usage by a learner.
Budget was capped at around 10L, and the options were pretty much narrowed down to the Dzire AMT & the Amaze S CVT as the family desired a sedan after owning three generations of the Swift and multiple other hatchbacks - despite my suggestion for a Honda Jazz CVT.
The Honda badge & CVT gearbox were the main attraction for the Amaze over the Dzire (as they already have had 3 Swifts prior, including the current gen ZDi AMT).

In the past, I had driven the 1.2MT of a friend and was pleasantly surprised with what the car had to offer : a short review of the same (Honda Amaze @ Auto Expo 2018. Now launched at Rs 5.60 lakhs); so I was quite familiar with what to expect out of the CVT - but given the extended time I spent with the CVT, there were some bits that surprised me, some bits that disappointed me given that I was driving a 2 year old example.

For reference, my comparison points are our ex-2013 Etios Diesel, our present S-Cross 1.6, our Corolla Altis CVT, and the Amaze 1.2MT.

What I Liked:
- Relatively rattle free interiors so far
- I was impressed with the space the first time around when I sat in my friends 2018 1.2V MT; and this time around - it was no different. Honda has managed to cleverly pack the car and I was actually more comfortable in the Amaze than I was in some sedans that are a class above!
- Fairly decent NVH in the city, mated with soft ride quality that makes it very endearing for city use. I was happy handing this over to a chauffeur to drive me around during traffic hours and I was able to zone out in the rear
- Good visibility from the front, even compared to the Swift / Dzire

What I Didn't Like:
- The rattle free interiors so far : feel built to a cost and many plastics have a hollow sound. I am not sure how long it will remain rattle free. The Etios, despite being called budget grade, felt better put together though the finishes were definitely a notch below that of the Amaze
- Soft ride quality : a boon in the city, a bane on the highway. A spirited drive with me in the backseat brought out the backseat driver in me : it bobs, and has body roll, and feels light on it's feet - If you get car sick, and have an enthusiastic driver - this isn't the one for you.
- Surprisingly, when I drove the MT - I was pleasantly surprised with the light steering. Maybe because it was a brand new example done barely a couple hundred kms.
However, on the CVT - the steering felt much heavier than what I anticipated for it's weight which took away from the joy of having a car I could dart into and out of gaps. Interestingly, it felt more like a smaller Corolla to drive, rather than a Smaller City, whereas the Etios had a lighter and more direct steering.
- Anemic Engine paired to a thirsty CVT. FE for mixed use : city traffic, highway cruising, some spirited driving, etc. resulted in a FE of 11kmpl (tankful to tankful) which was surprising! I was hoping to get something a little higher in the range of 13-14kmpl given the light weight and that a good amount of kms were just cruising around at night, but I do expect it to be much higher for just pure highway cruising.
The 1.2 engine on it's own is a good city cruiser - it was able to keep up with traffic comfortably, but not one where you could do a quick overtake without proper planning.

Overall, would I buy one?
Not unless I am looking for a comfortable chauffeur driven city car that will occasionally be self-driven.
The Jazz IMO is a better bet for self-driven and practicality purposes whilst also feeling better built; but the ride quality of the Amaze does set it apart if it's going to be a chauffeur / sedately driven car.
lamborghini is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 14:42   #319
BHPian
 
AJ56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 463
Thanked: 1,670 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinkhanduja View Post
Now I request the experts to help me with three things:

1. Should I accept the dealerships contention that the seat mechanism became faulty due to seat cover fitted outside.
2. The seat moving mechanism could not be replaced as no child parts are available. The entire frame set costs upward of INR 12.7 k. Is there any repair guy in and around gurgaon who could repair the child parts.
3. The mileage has been a pain from start any tips for improving the same. The vehicle is not run much on the highway however the mileage on the highway is fine upwards of 15 kmpl.
The dealership says they have checked the car and everything is fine with it.
4. Should i engage in some aftermarket accessories to increase / tightened the shock absorbers or it would void my warranty?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Iím no expert but I do own a first gen 2013 Amaze with the 5 speed auto and have extensive experience dealing with Hondas incompetent service centres both in Gurgaon and Mumbai.

1) Yes they have a point, you made an aftermarket modification (yes covers are included in that) and therefore they are not responsible for any resulting issues regarding the seat.

2) Try Indogerman Motor Works in Sector 62, have had good experiences with them regarding mechanical work.

3) 10 km/l is excellent for city driving, I get 7-7.5 when driven normally and 9-10 when driven like a grandmother feathering the throttle, itís a very underpowered car and the engine has to be revved to near redline to get a move on, which results in poor mileage. I actually get better mileage in my Accord, around 8 almost (tankful to tankful).

4) You can go with stiffer coilovers, plenty of Civic owners have already done so here on the forum, but it will void your suspension warranty.

Side note regarding mileage: Iím assuming all your basics like fuel pump/filter health, air filter, engine oil filter, tyre pressure and alignment, ignition coil and spark plug health, brake callipers not stuck, OBD scan for fuel injector health and misfires etc. have all been checked. Donít depend on the dealer as they are wildly incompetent, make sure you have it checked in front of you.

Finally switch to low viscosity Idemitsu full synthetic 0W-20 oil, thatís what the car came filled from the factory and Iíve had excellent results with it in both my cars over the last 12 years.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:40   #320
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Gurgoan
Posts: 11
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
I’m no expert but I do own a first gen 2013 Amaze with the 5 speed auto and have extensive experience dealing with Hondas incompetent service centres both in Gurgaon and Mumbai.

1) Yes they have a point, you made an aftermarket modification (yes covers are included in that) and therefore they are not responsible for any resulting issues regarding the seat.
Thanks for the help. However with the mileage part I have decided to continue as all petrol cars in the city almost perform the same so I have come to terms with that. I also derive very sedately so I am now being able to pull around 11 + kmpl which is ok for a bumper to bumper city drive.

Honestly I have a laid back attitude and mostly depend on the dealers for their opinion on issues facing the cars. The Cherish Honda Guys have been pretty decent in their services so I have decided to believe them. Also me being a novice I believe it wont make much difference even if I were to stand besides the technician.
With regards the synthetic oil and the garage that you mentioned I would definitely give them a try and update on the forum.

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd August 2022 at 10:46. Reason: Quote content trimmed
jatinkhanduja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 16:42   #321
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 147
Thanked: 107 Times
some questions regarding Amaze

I have a few doubts regarding Amaze (automatic).

1. How is the front seat comfort for long drives?
- I couldn't find a comfortable position and also felt it lacks under-thigh support even for a short person. Something felt odd with the backrest (maybe it was the lumbar support).

2. How is the projector headlight during rains, fog and lit roads in cities?
- Is the normal halogen with yellowish light better?

3. Anyone drove both 15inch variant and the 14inch variant - which one had better ride quality?
- I am assuming the the larger diameter tyre will lead to more bounciness and hit the spring deadend sooner. (have personally seen this on a friend's car and a bike).
sinhead is offline  
Old 21st November 2022, 21:55   #322
BHPian
 
Beingtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 35
Thanked: 55 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

I drove my friend's Amaze MT 2019 diesel model from Delhi to Alwar in 2021 and I owned swift vxi petrol 2007 model at that time, here is what I observed:

1. Seating position not comfortable, I couldn't find a satisfactory position for myself. I'm 5'11 and my back started to hurt.
2. Lacks under thigh support.
3. Gear lever position felt little too close to armrest and was not comfortable to switch gears.

Although the engine was good enough, but I didn't feel connected to the car. Probably, it's not suitable for people with good height

I was looking for a new car back then and was exploring all the cars that were in the market which will suit my driving style and will be comfortable enough for long drives. So all the observations above were purely from a perspective buyer. Though I finalized S-cross later that year.

Last edited by Beingtraveler : 21st November 2022 at 22:11.
Beingtraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 09:20   #323
BHPian
 
TSEA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 418
Thanked: 824 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi Existing CVT Petrol Owners, wanted to check what will be the city fuel efficiency of the Amaze (I will be using it in Bangalore). I took a Test Drive of a vehicle and the fuel efficiency for the entire TD trip, was showing around 13 kmpl in the MID. I do feel that's not accurate and is exaggerated. Please guide.
TSEA is offline  
Old 8th January 2023, 07:24   #324
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Karnal
Posts: 54
Thanked: 63 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Hi Existing CVT Petrol Owners, wanted to check what will be the city fuel efficiency of the Amaze (I will be using it in Bangalore). I took a Test Drive of a vehicle and the fuel efficiency for the entire TD trip, was showing around 13 kmpl in the MID. I do feel that's not accurate and is exaggerated. Please guide.
My experience with Amaze 1.2 Petrol CVT is that it gives good mileage on highway (around 20) but very poor mileage in the city (even less that Honda City, with 1.5 engine). Not sure if is it a characteristic of engine or the gearbox or the mating between the two (I suspect the mating). I typically get around 10 mileage in the city but then I stay in a small town. I have seen mileage as low as 8 (in summer) and as high as 12 (in winter) for some of my local trips so AC definitely plays a big part in this. The good news is that AC is very effective and the car cools down quickly in summer.
amit73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 14:58   #325
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: Once
Honda Amaze- using maps and playing music on the digipad

Hi all- I just bought a new 2023 Amaze VX.

1) I am able to connect my phone by Bluetooth to the audio system and play music.

2) I am able to connect my phone to the digipad using a USB type C cable and the app Android auto to have map navigation displayed on the screen while driving.

However I am unable to do both simultaneously. How can I set up things so that-

-Map navigation is there on the screen and music plays...

There are YouTube videos that talk about connecting the digipad to WiFi etc... Ideally I would like to avoid all that- need to buy a WiFi dongle plus will exhaust the battery of the phone running a mobile hotspot...

Thanks in advance for your attention and suggestions
vishnu_agni is offline  
Old 23rd April 2023, 07:11   #326
BHPian
 
bravo82in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UP80
Posts: 455
Thanked: 886 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi Everyone
My Dad (80+) owns a 2022 Amaze V CVT Petrol facelift model and is super happy with the butter smooth engine and gear box. He recently did a chauffeur driven 1000 km road trip with a friend and both were happy with the performance and comforts. He has two issues with the car
1. Suspension- Though comfortable but is unable to handle pot holes. It is bouncy
2. Head lights are a weak link.

Even my wife had similar complaints about her Jazz’s suspension.

Any observation/ suggestions about the suspension or suspension upgrade will be helpful.
Also are the stock headlights really weak or just that they may be out of focus ?

Last edited by bravo82in : 23rd April 2023 at 07:12. Reason: Missing info
bravo82in is offline  
Old 1st May 2023, 10:34   #327
BHPian
 
nerdgalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: NCR
Posts: 51
Thanked: 59 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Any idea if we can retrofit the cruise control from MT Petrol to CVT Petrol car?
nerdgalore is offline  
Old 7th May 2023, 09:30   #328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Karnal
Posts: 54
Thanked: 63 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdgalore View Post
Any idea if we can retrofit the cruise control from MT Petrol to CVT Petrol car?
Great question! I just did a longish trip in my 2018 V Amaze CVT (P) and cruise control is the only thing I missed. I was anticipating some issues with the steep hills but faced no issues whatsoever even in "D" mode.
amit73 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:48   #329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 40
Thanked: 22 Times
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Hi all, can the Amaze owners please let me know what mileage are you getting from your cars in the city. I see a range of 8-12km/l in the thread.

I am looking to buy a car for my wife, primary usage will be back and forth between home and office. Will be driven by the driver so back seat comfort is key. Am looking at the Glanza G AMT variant and the Honda Amaze VX CVT.

Thanks in advance for your help
rag_nfs is offline  
Old 22nd May 2023, 19:50   #330
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: India
Posts: 29
Thanked: 33 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinkhanduja View Post
(Not Sure if its the correct thread for my post on Honda Amaze CVT Petrol. Mods please shift the post to the relevant thread if you feel otherwise.)

Now the story!
I own a WRV diesel since 2019 and purchased an Amaze CVT Petrol in 2021 as my better half put her foot down for an automatic and wasn't willing to settle for a maruti. Since this would be an extra car and would not be used much I decided to get along.

WR-V has been an absolute delight, the mileage on the odometer is near 19/- which I must say gives lot of comfort in times of rising fuel costs.

Now comes the problem part New Honda Amaze CVT Petrol. From day one the mileage has been in single digits especially during summer. I waited patiently for an year for Oil change so that that the bad boy atleast scores double digits. The vehicle got its third service done in May and the mileage has barely increased by 1. Around 10 km/l. The suspension is so soft that on a full load the vehicle is bound to scratch its underbelly on the world class roads of gurgaon. Other than this the vehicle has been pretty good in interior comfort, cabin noise and cvt performance.

Now the question for which I need the experts advise.
After purchase of the vehicle in June last year I got the seat covers, door mats and full lower matting done in the car. (I dont know what to call it as its done after removing all the seats and pasting a sheet to prevent water from soiling the belly of the car).

The vehicle is driven both by me and by my wife. Every time a driver is changed, the seat is adjusted for drivers comfort. The driver seat worked perfectly for the 9 months plus. Recently the downward shift in driver seat adjustment began to give problems and the lever skipped a number of times before the seat could move down. Everytime we tried to move the lever down it would skip and make a kat kat noise. There is however no problem with the upward shift.

The issue was brought to the notice of Cherish Honda Gurgaon. (Disclaimer: I had changed the infamous digipad 1.0 of my WR-v thrice from Cherish Honda and the same was done without a fuss). The issue was diagnosed of faulty system for movement of seat however the warranty was denied stating that the system became faulty due to improper fitting of seat covers which to me was surprising.
Now I request the experts to help me with three things:

1. Should I accept the dealerships contention that the seat mechanism became faulty due to seat cover fitted outside.
2. The seat moving mechanism could not be replaced as no child parts are available. The entire frame set costs upward of INR 12.7 k. Is there any repair guy in and around gurgaon who could repair the child parts.
3. The mileage has been a pain from start any tips for improving the same. The vehicle is not run much on the highway however the mileage on the highway is fine upwards of 15 kmpl.
The dealership says they have checked the car and everything is fine with it.
4. Should i engage in some aftermarket accessories to increase / tightened the shock absorbers or it would void my warranty?

Thanks for the help in advance.

1. No thatís not how it is. Mine are also aftermarket covers got them for less
than half of what showroom guys quoted. Maybe a fitting issue. Try contacting
the guy who put the covers.
2. No idea. Others will be of better help.
3. Your highway mileage is fine. Mileage is also dependent upon driving style,
tyre pressure, distance run, trip type and number of users. Mine is single
handed driven by my Chauffeur. Mine gives an average of 12-14 KMPL in
City and highway is around 19 KMPL. Mileage also increases over time. New
Car wonít give decent mileage right off the bat.
4. Ask Honda regarding warranty.

Happy riding.
Clown Prince is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks