Team-BHP - Honda Amaze : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda Amaze : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/200430-honda-amaze-official-review-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyer (Post 4437783)
But I'm sure Amaze has taken at least a tiny bite from Dzire's pie.

Here are the Sub-compact and Sedan sales. Amaze pulls some volumes from City. Need to see if WR-V is affected too. Dzire stlll stands tall and unaffected.

Honda Amaze : Official Review-ama.jpg

Honda Amaze : Official Review-cit.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4437781)
Dzire has currently a waiting period of 3 weeks.

Quote:

Dzire stlll stands tall and unaffected.
Competition has started indeed. Maruti is aware of it.

Honda Amaze : Official Review-4.jpg

Quote:

Amaze has posed a real challenge to Dzire and has now bought Maruti on its toes. Maruti is now on a defensive mode and has already initiated a counter attack to avoid losing it’s sales to Amaze by:

– Ensuring a steady supply and reduce the waiting period. Dzire had commanded a waiting period of 3-6 months since its launch. However, Maruti has planned production of extra batches of Dzire to allow immediate availability of the variants.

– Aggressive promotions (TV/Print/Hoardings/Social Media) of Dzire across markets to enhance visibility amongst prospects.

– Dzire has already initiated discounts to woo price-conscious buyers. Honda had surprised all by announcing a breakthrough price for Amaze – In some variants Amaze was almost Rs.35k cheaper than the counterpart Dzire (Amaze VX Diesel v/s Dzire Zdi+). Without Amaze, no one would have even thought about discounts on a Dzire!

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4438158)
Here are the Sub-compact and Sedan sales. Amaze pulls some volumes from City. Need to see if WR-V is affected too. Dzire stlll stands tall and unaffected.

Attachment 1786478

Attachment 1786479

It is hard to interpret the data given the way the customer cross-hops segments and body types in terms of car selection. I tried to expand the comparison across the C2 Segment and Sub 4M car segment and rather than looking at last year's numbers looked at this year's numbers.

Name:  Sales_2018.png
Views: 9921
Size:  28.5 KB
Comparative Numbers

I am not sure but the way I am interpreting the data, can we say the Ameo has been the worst hit?

Dzire and Xcent both seem unaffected and it is hard to say that the City is affected since the numbers are around the same and it has in fact topped the C2 segment this month. Given that Ciaz was unavailable due to facelift and it is another car in the lower budget, it is also possible that people went in for the Amaze instead of the Ciaz...

Thanks for the comparison table.

The difference in Amaze numbers vis-a-vis the previous generation is approx 7000 cars. While we may not be able to pin point on where this 7000 came from, these are my thoughts

1. No Impact on City as it maintains its numbers
2. No Impact on Dzire as there is absolutely no dent
3. Xcent holds its numbers as well
4. Tigor holds on
5. Aspire also holds to whatever it was selling (infact Aspire had huge discounts on the MT variant)
6. Ameo is the only sub 4 metre who has lost few hundreds, probably around 300+
7. So, it leaves us with Ciaz, Verna & Yaris - Seems like these are the contributors to an extent along with Rapid & Vento
i.e., People who did not want to wait for face lifted Ciaz went for Amaze seeing good value in the same. Verna has lost few and Yaris considerably after the initial push and we do not have the numbers yet from Vento & Rapid. I would think, around 2000+ cars were pulled from this segment.

Still a huge deficit, which i guess is from various other segments, upgrading, downgrading etc., example - myself ! I was seriously looking for an Automatic SUV like Crysta, Hexa, XUV by taking big loans, eventually settled for the Amaze Automatic Diesel with the money on hand, as i thought this should be enough for me. May be, there are more people like me.:)

This is what i could make out of this.

Swami

Quote:

Originally Posted by swami69 (Post 4438373)
I was seriously looking for an Automatic SUV like Crysta, Hexa, XUV by taking big loans, eventually settled for the Amaze Automatic Diesel with the money on hand, as i thought this should be enough for me. May be, there are more people like me.:)

Swami

I am another one like you. Was in the market for a compact SUV, had almost decided upon the Nexon when Amaze launched. I ditched the Nexon and booked the Amaze as the Amaze is more spacious ( esp in driver's seat) and better value for money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4436080)
[b]

Diesel AT = Amaze (no contest…the smoothest)
Diesel MT = Aspire or Amaze or Ameo (it's all about the engine, baby!)
Petrol MT = Dzire or Xcent
Petrol AT = Xcent (Smooth torque converter with a sweet 1.2L)

No doubt the Xcent is the best Petrol AT but Hyundai don't offer it even in the SX trim. Only the S+/S trim. SX(O) is the top end. So clearly feature-wise Xcent loses out to Dzire and Amaze on the AT front. The low end of the Amaze should make it lose to the Dzire.

Hyundai need to offer AT in higher trims of the Xcent to remain competitive. Maybe there is a Xcent up-lift round the corner
Agree that the Ameo petrol does not make the cut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swami69 (Post 4438373)
Thanks for the comparison table.

Still a huge deficit, which i guess is from various other segments, upgrading, downgrading etc., example - myself ! I was seriously looking for an Automatic SUV like Crysta, Hexa, XUV by taking big loans, eventually settled for the Amaze Automatic Diesel with the money on hand, as i thought this should be enough for me. May be, there are more people like me.:)

Swami

You are indeed a "Swami" (saint) who can read the thoughts of other car buyers! :)

I am in the market looking for a replacement of my 2 cars (XUV and Punto) and my original thought process was: replace them with a premium SUV. I even TD the BMW X1 and Merc GLA and was about to finalize on Fortuner AT AWD when I noticed the Amaze:D

Booked the diesel CVT today. Decided to sell the Fiat and keep the XUV in (and loanwallahs out) for another 30 months.

Verified the mileage by tankful to tankful method today. Vehicle (V CVT Diesel) did 474 kms in 30.55 litres, which is 15.5 kmpl. 150 kms highway and rest all within city. Dash reading was 17.8 kmpl.

The new Amaze has improved in almost all areas when compared to its predecessor. It’s pièce de résistance is the diesel CVT combo. In comparison to the Dzire, the Amaze mainly loses out on LED headlamps, better seats and adjustable rear head restraints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagspabla (Post 4438621)
I ditched the .... and booked the Amaze as the Amaze is more spacious ( esp in driver's seat) and better value for money.

Spacious and how?:) I've been driving a new Amaze in the family frequently and the oodles of space it offers is just surprising.
How did they manage to carve out so much space in that 4 meter long footprint, some clever engineering there and the boot is just very big as well.

Also the petrol engine is butter smooth and so revv friendly, feels amazing to see the rpm needle rise so smooth and quick without any protest from the engine, fuel efficient too. They have made it truly Amazing this time around :) . The rear bench is super comfortable and the ride quality is very plush due to the softer suspension setup.

They should have provided adjustable rear headrests and rear middle headrest as well, small things to offer why be stingy here.

The move to increase the price of Amaze by Honda I think is being getting greedy. People who were price concise might now opt for the Dzire.

Also, projector headlamp, rear AC and diamond cut alloy wheels are additional in the top mode of Dzire which the Amaze doesn't have. Amaze in return has cruise control in the top model.

Anyhow I bought Amaze VMT Petrol on 29th July from Ring Road Honda, Dwarka, Delhi at the introductory price and very happy about it. The engine is butter smooth and the suspension is awesome. It's Golden Brown color

Honda Amaze : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180729-14.42.51-4.jpeg

Honda Amaze : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20180729-14.42.51.jpeggot

Perhaps we need to also bring in the other AMTs like Nexon and the ATs of a couple of higher segments (Creta/ Verna/ City etc) in the comparison mix. What would be the numbers of the Ecosport AT? There could be some who were put off by the petrol mileage and moving to a diesel AT; also saving a few lakhs in the process.

A colleague of mine who was looking at a used Jetta has also given up on the idea and booked an Amaze CVT. His thought process is the peace of mind that the warranty offers plus the bullet proof Honda assurance (perception; may or may not be true) is a better bet than the possible costs in maintaining a used Jetta. So we would also have some impact on the used car sales perhaps.

Some others are also contemplating to downsize from their existing sedans to a CVT hatch sized car. Considering all the traffic around us, an auto tranny is quite the need of the day. From the Nexon AMT to the Honda CVT, the increasing sales are only showing the demand for this cross segment by the commuting millions.
With the multiple fatal 2 wheeler accidents being reported, there could also be two wheeler commuters upgrading to the ease of a CVT mated to the economy of a diesel. It looks like the competition will only benefit us more in terms of options available and competitive pricing.

The Amaze seems to have hit a sweet spot and looks to be a brilliant long term prospect for Honda. The only thing I miss is the additional airbags. If there is a version with 6 or more airbags, it would also have its buyers. I hope the success (real or potential) does not go to their heads again as around 10 years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas (Post 4438985)
I am in the market looking for a replacement of my 2 cars (XUV and Punto) and my original thought process was: replace them with a premium SUV. I even TD the BMW X1 and Merc GLA and was about to finalize on Fortuner AT AWD when I noticed the Amaze:D

Wow, interesting thought process. I support your thinking; sometimes even if we have the resources, it is rare to see someone to have the willpower to refrain from using them fully.

Great news from Honda!
As per Carwale, Honda will launch the Amaze CVT (automatic) in top VX trim in its diesel variant. clap:

Currently its available in base S & mid V trim.

Report :-https://www.carwale.com/news/honda-t...-vx-trim-soon/

Regards,
Varun

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagspabla (Post 4438621)
I am another one like you. Was in the market for a compact SUV, had almost decided upon the Nexon when Amaze launched. I ditched the Nexon and booked the Amaze as the Amaze is more spacious ( esp in driver's seat) and better value for money.

I too was looking at Nexon AMT, went one step further and bought a Tigor AMT. Car will be used only by me or at max 3 more passengers. Hence changed my mind at the last minute. Since there was no diesel option, had to get the petrol one. No regrets till now.

Amaze CVT's price was not yet announced, else would have given it a second thought. Would love to upgrade to this engine gearbox combo if Honda introduces it on Jazz.

I understand Diesel automatic does not come with the touchscreen ICE with Android & iOS, reversing camera. Could this be fitted as an accessory by Honda?