Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2018, 00:01   #106
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

I just came across this post on FB from a friend of mine, where he is facing issues with the ICE unit of his car from past two months. Link
Old 11th August 2018, 12:14   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulasidharv View Post
I understand Diesel automatic does not come with the touchscreen ICE with Android & iOS, reversing camera. Could this be fitted as an accessory by Honda?
As per the dealer whom I visited, Honda has last week communicated to all dealers to retrofit the Digipad 2.0 to all customers who ask for it.
The price he quoted was 48k. I have asked them to give me a realistic price. He's promised to get back to me. So I presume there's scope for negotiation.
Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 11th August 2018 at 12:17.
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 16:04   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
As per the dealer whom I visited, Honda has last week communicated to all dealers to retrofit the Digipad 2.0 to all customers who ask for it.
The price he quoted was 48k. I have asked them to give me a realistic price. He's promised to get back to me. So I presume there's scope for negotiation.
Regards,
Varun
48K seems to be a reasonable price for the official reverse cam + digipad. Is it possible to retrofit the cruise control into the Honda Amaze automatic? Has anyone tried it?
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 23:57   #109
BHPian

The top end Honda Amaze will be a killer with Cruise Control and a diesel automatic. Hyundai xcent and Swift do not have cruise control to match up with the Honda Amaze
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 19:17   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
• BHPian A.G. says "the keyfob cannot be locked inside the vehicle (including the trunk) – the doors won't lock / the trunk will open itself if it detects the key inside".
Made short videos of both these attributes.

Automatic Boot unlock with key inside

Door lock from outside disabled with key inside
A.G. is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 23:51   #111
BHPian

Powerdrift and Zigwheels have come out with a collaboration video for Amaze vs Dzire. The theme two sides of a coin. Powerdrift team is really creative.
The review says both the cars are closely matched, however the Dzire has a slight edge.

PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 17:10   #112
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honda shares some good news. Pasting as received:

Quote:
All New Amaze becomes Honda’s best-selling new model ever in India

Achieves 30,000 sales in first 3 months since launch

New Delhi, 21st August 2018: Honda Cars India’s latest offering, the All New Amaze, has achieved instant success and has become HCIL’s best-selling new model ever. The car has recorded over 30,000 sales in the first three months of launch, which is the highest sales number recorded by any new model launched by HCIL in its 20-year history.

The success of the All New Amaze has resulted in excellent sales performance of Honda Cars India which has achieved an overall cumulative sales growth of 12.5% from April – July 2018.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st August 2018, 19:43   #113
BHPian

I am going to sound like a party-pooper: I can't see them sustaining these numbers, even if they can do half of it consistently for 9 months, I will consider it an achievement.

I admired Honda, see this advt

If you can make an advt like this, it will have to be backed by a brilliant product. And you couldn't bring that to India and sell it when diesels were ruling the roost( the advt is 12+ years old)

Getting to the top and staying there are two different things.

Last edited by theMAG : 21st August 2018 at 23:42. Reason: Typo and readability fixed.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:35   #114
BHPian

Want to report real life mileage for the 2018 Amaze diesel manual in Mumbai bumper to bumper traffic : 17kmpl for first 200km. That is double of what my Palio petrol gives, so I'm not complaining.
jagspabla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 13:08   #115

Excellent news, shows the appetite the current Indian market has at this range. And precisely for this reason, I don't see a reason an excellent product like this can't sustain a good show.
Old 27th August 2018, 19:23   #116
BHPian

Just to update that my Diesel V CVT is giving me a mileage of 16.5 kmpl both on MID and tank to tank method. It is due for first service shortly. All in city traffic with 100% AC on. This may improve once the engine settles down a bit more.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 23:50   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone know how long is the neck of Amaze's fuel tank?

A friends one month old Amaze was submerged partially during last week's Kerala flood, water reached till running board height, hence carpet and lower part of seats are damaged. However, Honda claims that there will be chances of water seeping inside fuel tank since tank neck could have been below water. Hence the vehicle was towed to service center, due to large number of vehicles damaged in flood, his vehicle is lying in yard as of now.

He has an idea of taking the vehicle back from service center, getting the carpet removed from outside and later getting it installed when rush at service center subsides. The water seepage into tank theory is what stops from the same now.
Old 28th August 2018, 23:58   #118
BHPian

I had test driven the Amaze CVT diesel recently and found that the brakes are rather terrible. There's no initial bite and modulating the quantum of braking effort in traffic was tricky.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 29th August 2018 at 00:00.
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 19:20   #119
BHPian

@petroguzzler

Yes, precisely I had the same brake feeling when I test drove the car. But after now owning it for 600 kms, I think I am used to it and I just drive it normally. It is perfectly adequate for me in the city traffic and no big issue. Just wanted to share my experience on it.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 15:56   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
@petroguzzler

Yes, precisely I had the same brake feeling when I test drove the car. But after now owning it for 600 kms, I think I am used to it and I just drive it normally. It is perfectly adequate for me in the city traffic and no big issue. Just wanted to share my experience on it.

Swami
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
I had test driven the Amaze CVT diesel recently and found that the brakes are rather terrible. There's no initial bite and modulating the quantum of braking effort in traffic was tricky.
I have no issues with my Amaze petrol and it brakes as expected.

Just an FYI, for the first 1000 kms (1 month) for my Amaze Petrol VMT, I am getting a real life mileage of 12.6 kmpl driven in city during office hours (tank full to next tank full). The mileage in the car shows 12.4 kmpl.
shuvadips is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks