Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2018, 14:19   #121
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

Honda Amaze retains its place in top 10 selling cars in India in August 2018 ( 3rd month in a row) - with 9677 units sold.

Source: Auto Punditz
jagspabla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 14:51   #122
BHPian

Is it true that the 2nd Gen Honda amaze has an oil change interval of 10,00km/1 year? I have a 1st gen Diesel Honda amaze which I believe has the same engine as the 2nd Gen but I have a service interval of 10,000km/6months. I was wondering if I could also switch to the 10,000km/1year interval ?
Old 6th September 2018, 15:09   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
Is it true that the 2nd Gen Honda amaze has an oil change interval of 10,00km/1 year? I have a 1st gen Diesel Honda amaze which I believe has the same engine as the 2nd Gen but I have a service interval of 10,000km/6months. I was wondering if I could also switch to the 10,000km/1year interval ?
Yes, It is true. Even same thing have happened with Honda City Diesel as well after face-lift. Even all new WR-V also follows 10,000 / 1 year service intervals. Not sure whether its allowed to change the service intervals for 1st gen Honda Amaze.

Last edited by akshay386 : 6th September 2018 at 15:20. Reason: Spell check
akshay386 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 06:25   #124
BHPian

Booked my Amaze CVT V variant (petrol) on thursday in Mysore. Expected in a month. I have asked for the digipad and center arm rest to be fitted during delivery.

Booking amount 21000/- , Digipad Rs.48000/-

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th September 2018 at 08:02. Reason: Spacing after punctuation.
Old 10th September 2018, 06:55   #125
BHPian

If your car is out of warranty and doesn't cross 10,000 kms between services often, it shouldn't matter. Most modern diesels have service intervals of 10,000 - 15,000 kms or annual anyways. This has been the case since our national engine, the Fiat DDiS.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 10:15   #126
BHPian

Just to update fellow New Honda Amaze owners on the first service.

Apart from the regular checks, there is a PUD (part under defect) replacement for the Honda Amaze.

Problem - There is a squeaking noise when the front of the car goes over a speed breaker (slow speeds)

Cause - Bad bushes on the front stabiliser bar

HASS replaced them under warranty as Honda has notified them just recently about this defect. Hence if you are taking it for service, just check on it.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 16:12   #127

What's a better deal for the Amaze? E or S

Hi,

I've been driving a 2008 Optra Magnum TDCI around it's been a bliss. But, it's starting to require some major work now (Clutch assembly + fly-wheel+ suspension overhaul + some engine work) and I'm thinking of getting a new car.

Trouble is, I'll be moving countries in a year the new car will serve as a second car for my parents after that. The daily running is around 20-30 kms, and I'm not looking to spend more than 6-7 lakhs.

I booked an Amaze E MT when it launched and with an OTR of 6.1 lacs. The current price for the S MT will be around 7.40 lacs (since they've increased prices by a bit). I'm okay with the absolute no-frills of the E, but the manual black coloured OVRMs and lack of central locking is making me reconsider. It does seem a little too basic, perhaps.

The counter argument is that after the Optra, the Amaze will def not put a smile on my face. In fact, I've caught myself frowning on TDs, driving the 1.2 petrol engine. Given my situation, I may as well cut my losses and buy the cheapest variant.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. I would've considered buying a used car for a year, but I've never bought one and don't want to get into that now. I also considered the 1.5 D Ameo as it somewhat of an enthusiast car, but I'm not bullish on diesel going forward and I've heard that VW will discontinue that engine after BS - VI.
Old 12th September 2018, 16:25   #128
BANNED

Re: What's a better deal for the Amaze? E or S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
Hi,

I'd love to hear your thoughts. I would've considered buying a used car for a year, but I've never bought one and don't want to get into that now. I also considered the 1.5 D Ameo as it somewhat of an enthusiast car, but I'm not bullish on diesel going forward and I've heard that VW will discontinue that engine after BS - VI.
Why don't you buy the Ford Freestyle? I have heard that the new Dragon engine is fun to drive and does not have so much of low end lag. Apart from Freestyle, also consider the MS Swift of you are ready to sacrifice great built quality. Anyways I think the build quality of Amaze and other MS cars is similar. You can also wait for the facelifted Aspire as its launch is around the corner.
Old 12th September 2018, 16:38   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
Hi,
I booked an Amaze E MT when it launched and with an OTR of 6.1 lacs. The current price for the S MT will be around 7.40 lacs (since they've increased prices by a bit). I'm okay with the absolute no-frills of the E, but the manual black coloured OVRMs and lack of central locking is making me reconsider. It does seem a little too basic, perhaps.
If the black OVRM's and absence of central locking are the only issues, both can be got done outside quite easily. That said, the S variant seems to be more value for money than the E, and almost all the regular requirements (except front fog lamps and rear window demister) are covered in the S.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 16:41   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nitink_ View Post
Why don't you buy the Ford Freestyle? I have heard that the new Dragon engine is fun to drive and does not have so much of low end lag. Apart from Freestyle, also consider the MS Swift of you are ready to sacrifice great built quality. Anyways I think the build quality of Amaze and other MS cars is similar. You can also wait for the facelifted Aspire as its launch is around the corner.
I would have bought the freestyle, but my parents equate a (seemingly) longer car with more prestige. They can't get over the VFM-ness of the Amaze.

I'll look into the new Aspire though. Thanks!

Last edited by Chinaski : 12th September 2018 at 16:50.
Old 17th September 2018, 12:08   #131
BHPian

a quick 1000 kms update on my Diesel V CVT Amaze
  • Very comfortable for my family of 4
  • Comfortable leg room, both front and rear and i am 5-10 with laid back Driving position
  • Air Conditioning is Fantastic with good throw from the blowers
  • Suspension is very nice for our normal pot holed roads
  • Returning a mileage of 16 kmpl in City with 100% Air-conditioning "ON"
  • I do not push it hard yet, RPM always hovers around 1500-1700
  • Good Acceleration response with a bit more input to the throttle
  • I try and keep the MID flashing "ECO" most of the time and drive accordingly
  • NVH - when it accelerates, there is noise, but once it reaches speeds, it is nice
  • Audio System is very adequate for me, particularly without much harshness
  • Headlights are also OK for me for City runs

There is a learning curve to drive a CVT car to get good mileage, and there were couple of instances where Petrol VTEC CVT owners approached with low mileage and i have given them some guidance of how i drive. They were in fact new users too for an AT.

A good surge of power is possible with a harder push and it does catches speed quite fast with the Diesel.

The car is very good in my opinion and a picture of my car

Honda Amaze : Official Review-amaze_li-3.jpg

Swami
swami69 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 15:54   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post

Swami
This has got to be the best looking pic of the Amaze that I have seen so far. The car looks really sweet !

looks like a slimmer front grill would work wonders and provide a more sophisticated look, compared to the slab sided grill presently.

Congratulations on what has to be one of the most sensible cars (Diesel CVT) currently on sale in the market.
Old 18th September 2018, 23:03   #133
BHPian

Quote:
a quick 1000 kms update on my Diesel V CVT Amaze
  • Very comfortable for my family of 4
  • Comfortable leg room, both front and rear and i am 5-10 with laid back Driving position
  • Air Conditioning is Fantastic with good throw from the blowers
  • Suspension is very nice for our normal pot holed roads
  • Returning a mileage of 16 kmpl in City with 100% Air-conditioning "ON"
  • I do not push it hard yet, RPM always hovers around 1500-1700
  • Good Acceleration response with a bit more input to the throttle
  • I try and keep the MID flashing "ECO" most of the time and drive accordingly
  • NVH - when it accelerates, there is noise, but once it reaches speeds, it is nice
  • Audio System is very adequate for me, particularly without much harshness
  • Headlights are also OK for me for City runs
There is a learning curve to drive a CVT car to get good mileage, and there were couple of instances where Petrol VTEC CVT owners approached with low mileage and i have given them some guidance of how i drive. They were in fact new users too for an AT.

A good surge of power is possible with a harder push and it does catches speed quite fast with the Diesel.

Attachment 1799460

Swami
Touche' my Amaze VMT Diesel also just crossed 1000km, so I'll chime in.
  • Very comfortable and spacious indeed - I'm 6 ft and 100+KGs, and I can sit in the backseat behind the front seat in my normal position.
  • Second the AC's prowess. However the AC is a bit noisy if the car is stationary at a traffic light for example.
  • Suspension is neither too soft, nor too hard. Just perfect for city roads with speed breakers and potholes. Also confidence inspiring on highways.
  • After 1st service, returning 17.8 kmpl (according to MID) in Mumbai city traffic with 100% AC. Can reach 18kmpl if I keep the RPM's below 2500 I'm sure. On a recent Mumbai - Pune highway trip I got 26kmpl ( again MID) again with AC constantly on.
  • Acceleration on the MT diesel is very good. Makes quick work of overtaking other vehicles.
  • Noisy when accelerating but within acceptable levels. No mistaking it is a diesel engine though.
  • Audio system is thumpy enough for modern tracks. Bluetooth connectivity has been flawless for me - except that when I make a call, I have to use the console button to select handsfree mode instead of it being automatic.
  • Headlights are quite adequate for the city, and I suspect for the highway too - although haven't tested that out.
  • I'm not yet used to keyless entry, so I always have my key in hand when entering the car and then I look for a place to place the keys. I realize I can very well let the keys remain in my pocket throughout.
  • Bluetooth enables navigation using only voice commands from google maps on phone - minimizing the need to look at the phone continuously.
  • Brakes are just about adequate - should have been grippier.

Last edited by jagspabla : 18th September 2018 at 23:04.
jagspabla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 16:08   #134
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1799460

Swami
Congrats to Swami from Swami

The best Diesel AT in segment IMO. The CVT with the diesel is even better than the petrol variant. The reduction of power compared to the MT is not felt at all. Honda has done a brillint job with the car apart from the aesthetic appeal from certain angles. But anyways, apart from the Tigor, no CS has proportionate looks.
Old 22nd September 2018, 22:07   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
.... I wouldn't be surprised if someone has the budget for a C2 sedan, yet picks the Amaze Diesel AT for its smoothness & efficiency. ....
I am the one who tried to look at City and going to settle with Amaze Diesel CVT, Obviously you have no choice of Diesel CVT in City.

The sour missing is option of VX in AMT variant. Will be settling with a retro fitment of digipad for about 50k.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks