Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2019, 09:07   #181
BANNED

Re: Honda Amaze : Official Review

The Amaze accounted for nearly half of Honda’s sales in February 2019 and was responsible for 16 per cent YoY cumulative growth. Honda Cars India continues to have the Amaze as its most sold model in the country last month. The Japanese manufacturer registered a total of 13,527 units in February 2019 with YoY growth of 16 per cent – most for any automaker alongside Mahindra. The Amaze was responsible for almost half of the cumulative figure as 6,562 units were sold.

Source
Old 23rd April 2019, 15:48   #182
Senior - BHPian

Honda Amaze automatic launched in top-spec VX variant

Honda Amaze CVT VX variants get touchscreen infotainment system, rear parking camera among other features.

The prices are Rs 41,000 more than the V trim versions of each that were, thus far, the highest-spec trim available to Amaze automatic buyers.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...variant-412457
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 16:27   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Honda Amaze automatic launched in top-spec VX variant

Honda Amaze CVT VX variants get touchscreen infotainment system, rear parking camera among other features.

The prices are Rs 41,000 more than the V trim versions of each that were, thus far, the highest-spec trim available to Amaze automatic buyers.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...variant-412457
Cruise control is still reserved for only VX Petrol MT, and paddle shifters for only V & VX Petrol CVT.
Old 28th April 2019, 21:41   #184
Senior - BHPian

With BSVI threatening to increase prices of diesel engines by a lakh or so, I test drove the Brezza AGS. As per many reports, this was supposedly the best AMT integration by Maruti on diesel engines. I found it to be very jerky and quite stressful anticipating the oncoming jerks.

Just out of curiosity, I wanted to see how a CVT would fare with diesel engine. So turned to a nearby Honda showroom for Amaze diesel CVT test ride. The driving was extremely enjoyable. Unlike the petrol CVT in jazz, the rubber band effect was not felt in traffic. No peddle shifters or cruise control in Diesel CVT. Wheels could have been of better design. The only difference between V & VX is the Screen and one additional USB charging point at front. Cost of fitting a pioneer touchscreen to V model comes up to be same as VX model.

The car drove AMAZingly well, and certainly put it on my shortlist. I found the V and VX models to be properly priced, and any discount would make them even more enticing.

Amaze V CVT diesel - Rs 11,13,202 including EW & Honda Connect
Amaze VX CVT diesel - Rs 11,60,866 including EW & Honda Connect

If only Honda mated this combination on a Jazz or WR-V!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze : Official Review-218e7b349a864d53a10c17856cf0a969.jpeg  

Last edited by ani_meher : 28th April 2019 at 21:53.
ani_meher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 07:45   #185
BANNED

Made-in-India Honda Amaze rated 4 stars in Global NCAP crash test.

Quote:
The India-made, Africa-spec Honda Amaze has received a four-star crash test rating from the Global NCAP. The Amaze was one of three Africa market models to be crash tested by Global NCAP as part of its Safer Cars for Africa campaign. The India-made Suzuki Ignis was rated with three stars while the Toyota Avanza was rated a four-star car.
As per Global NCAP protocol, the cars are crashed into a deformable barrier with a 40 percent offset at a speed of 64kph. While Indian authorities conduct the same test for crash certification, the impact speed is a lower 56kph. What’s heartening to know is that the Honda Amaze was rated four stars for adult occupant protection, with the vehicle structure and footwell area being rated as stable. Global NCAP considers the base-spec version for testing; the Amaze for Africa comes with dual airbags, front seatbelt pre-tensioners and a driver seatbelt reminder as standard. The India-spec Amaze goes one up with a speed warning system and seatbelt reminders for both front occupants, requirements mandated by India’s latest safety norms.
The Honda Amaze was rated a low one star for child occupant protection. The tests were conducted with Honda-recommended child seats. Global NCAP’s team noted evidence of head exposure and probability of injury for the test dummies representing an 18-month old and a three-year old.

Global NCAP uses the same protocol for its Safer Cars for India and Safer Cars for Africa campaigns, so the Amaze’s result is representative for the India model as well. The second-gen Amaze went on sale in India in 2018 and complies with India’s latest crash test norms.
Source
Old 1st June 2019, 09:50   #186
Senior - BHPian

I had to skip Amaze when shopping for automatic just because of my doubts with the safety. 4-star rating is extremely impressive for such a light car Would put my money down for the Diesel CVT without a doubt if the situation arises.

Good going Honda! Do slap the Jazz or the Wrv with this engine/autobox combo.
Old 1st June 2019, 18:14   #187
BHPian

Quote:
• Automatics are unavailable in the top VX variant. Period
With the introduction of CVT on top variants recently, this point from what you don't like section has become irrelevant and somewhat misleading. Request mods to remove it from the review.
Old 1st June 2019, 18:57   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Made-in-India Honda Amaze rated 4 stars in Global NCAP crash test.
Hi,
Is there a difference in the India spec and Africa spec cars even though they are made in India. If there's a difference then we cannot assume result achieved for Africa spec to be same for India spec cars.

Can somebody enlighten us here?

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:41   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Hence, IMHO the Amaze is the segment-best Diesel AT.
I'd still get the Ameo DSG though if I were buying a diesel. The ride quality is phenomenal, the power figures are the best in the segment, the build quality blows out the interiors of any other car in segment & talking about looks, well it's subjective but I prefer the sleek & timeless design of VW over the "weird & wacky" design of Amaze. This design is a decade old but it still doesn't look dated. People say that the Ameo looks weird but in person, it's the new Amaze that looks like it has been rear ended. Plus, the puny tires & the over-done bodywork makes the Amaze looks like a "sabzi ka thela".
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:15   #190
VVN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranurag View Post
I'd still get the Ameo DSG though if I were buying a diesel. The ride quality is phenomenal, the power figures are the best in the segment, the build quality blows out the interiors of any other car in segment & talking about looks, well it's subjective but I prefer the sleek & timeless design of VW over the "weird & wacky" design of Amaze. This design is a decade old but it still doesn't look dated. People say that the Ameo looks weird but in person, it's the new Amaze that looks like it has been rear ended. Plus, the puny tires & the over-done bodywork makes the Amaze looks like a "sabzi ka thela".
The segment caters to the 'Aam junta' (who don't really care about power as long as the low end is acceptable) and keeping in mind how unreliable DSG is, the diesel CVT is the most practical option. Like many here, I find the Ameo to be extremely weird but then looks are subjective. Ameo is a good car no doubt but the lack of space defeats the purpose of a compact sedan. Might as well buy the Polo.

Last edited by VVN : 3rd June 2019 at 17:19.
VVN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 19:18   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranurag View Post
I'd still get the Ameo DSG though if I were buying a diesel. ...
Except Ameo automatic is very boring to drive in city, maybe due its poor low end torque.
Old 10th June 2019, 21:30   #192
Senior - BHPian

What is the service interval for the Diesel Amaze - is it still once every 6 months or have they made it annual?
Old 14th June 2019, 17:51   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
What is the service interval for the Diesel Amaze - is it still once every 6 months or have they made it annual?
It is annual for both petrol and diesel now.
padukulkarni9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 21:37   #194
BHPian

Experts, Badly in need of suggestions.

Am spoilt between making a choice between Amaze Diesel CVT top end (special edition is here now !) and Baleno Petrol CVT (Glanza , as I will anyday go with Toyota). I test drove Amaze Diesel CVT and got sold on how it pulls. Never wanted to test drive Baleno Petrol CVT till Toyota started selling it. Apologies for no offence, but I can't own a Maruti. While I plan for a test drive, I know for sure that it may be no match for the torque Amaze Diesel mill offers. Why I am bothered ? Well I personally drive a Corolla Altis and I do find it grasping for pull when loaded and on highways.

Now, why am asking this even when I know that Petrol will be no match for a Diesel mill primarily when it comes to an Autobox. (I wish I could buy a manual)

1. This is for my wife. AT is mandatory. But I will drive it at times too and I can't drive around with a mill dying for the pull.
2. I found Amaze cheaply built and seriously lacking in features for a 2019 car.
3. Baleno (Glanza) is loaded and feels more premium even though a hatch. I have no affinity towards a compact sedan and I can go for a premium hatch anytime.
4. But as I mentioned, Baleno (Glanza) will have half the torque of Amaze. Not sure how well it pulls when loaded with 3-4 adults. I am in India after all and car gets loaded.
5. Amaze felt quite spacious at the back and quite proportionate from an engineering perspective. No more hatch with trunk which feels like an afterthought.
6. Guess Amaze is rated 4* for safety. But not sure about Maruti built Baleno.

I can go on with a few more points. But let me take a pause here. Eagerly await some suggestions. I tried to find some relevant discussion threads, but didn't find a direct comparison between these 2 mills. Hope I get some open and honest feedback.
Old 19th June 2019, 22:29   #195
BHPian

Just get the Honda Amaze. Quality levels in both these cars are similar. I wouldn't say Glanza is a true Toyota. Its a rebadged Maruti, so any reasons you have to hate Maruti will also apply here.
Besides, anyday the Amaze diesel will return you almost double the fuel efficiency what a Baleno will.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks