Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2019, 11:21   #151
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Ecosport has D5S 25W HID bulbs. You can opt for 35W HID'S from Morimoto. They should work without any changes to existing wiring.

http://www.morimotohid.com/hid-bulbs...to-xb-hid.html
Thank you for the link. Though they are the best in the business, $400 is quite high for me. Will consider if enough of Vitamin M is accumulated for the purpose.
Another option left for me is installation of additional driving lights. Will this affect warranty?
Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 14:11   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
Thank you for the link. Though they are the best in the business, $400 is quite high for me. Will consider if enough of Vitamin M is accumulated for the purpose.
Another option left for me is installation of additional driving lights. Will this affect warranty?
Thanks
Other options would be upgrading fog lamps to 4300K LED bulbs. You can try using these Simeway 4300K H8 LED's . I have their H1 version in the high beam and am very happy with the build quality and light output.

You should check out this thread for further details . (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 15:19   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Ecosport has D5S 25W HID bulbs. You can opt for 35W HID'S from Morimoto. They should work without any changes to existing wiring.

http://www.morimotohid.com/hid-bulbs...to-xb-hid.html
Quote:
Other options would be upgrading fog lamps to 4300K LED bulbs. You can try using these Simeway 4300K H8 LED's . I have their H1 version in the high beam and am very happy with the build quality and light output.

You should check out this thread for further details . (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
Thank you for the link. But D5S bulbs are not listed though all other possible types are there.
Let me contact the seller and ask them if D5S is available.

P.S.: Just got a reply from them that though D5S is not listed, they have it and can ship the same.
My query now is that, each of the LED bulbs in the link are of 52W whereas the OEM HIDs are of 25W each. Will the wiring take the additional load as these LED have a higher wattage rating?

Last edited by Prakritij : 15th May 2019 at 15:28.
Old 15th May 2019, 15:32   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the link. But D5S bulbs are not listed though all other possible types are there.
Let me contact the seller and ask them if D5S is available.

P.S.: Just got a reply from them that though D5S is not listed, they have it and can ship the same.
My query now is that, each of the LED bulbs in the link are of 52W whereas the OEM HIDs are of 25W each. Will the wiring take the additional load as these LED have a higher wattage rating?
I meant that you could upgrade the H8 halogen fog lamps to H8 LED's. That would give some improvement in the near field and help augment the HID's. LED's wont work in EcoSport's low beam projector. I have also upgrade the high beam H1 halogen to H1 LED's.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 15:37   #155
BHPian

Quote:
I meant that you could upgrade the H8 halogen fog lamps to H8 LED's. That would give some improvement in the near field and help augment the HID's. LED's wont work in EcoSport's low beam projector. I have also upgrade the high beam H1 halogen to H1 LED's.
Oh, ok, I got it now. Yes, an improvement in the fog lights will also help a little.
Do you recommend installation of additional driving lamps without affecting the warranty?
Old 16th May 2019, 20:45   #156
BHPian

So, finally picked up my Lightning Blue Beast on 12th May. Have driven it for 900 kms till now. Ownership report is in the works post my another upcoming long drive of 1300kms.

Just for starters, I am in L-O-V-E with the color and the car. The gearbox is a breeze and I've driven it on broken roads too and full marks go to the suspension which just ridiculed the potholes even with 4 people on board and boot filled to the brim.

Please excuse the quality of the photos as they have all been clicked using my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img20190516wa0045.jpg  

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img20190516wa0046.jpg  

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img20190516wa0047.jpg  

tp_dominator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 21:24   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
So, finally picked up my Lightning Blue Beast on 12th May. Have driven it for 900 kms till now. Ownership report is in the works post my another upcoming long drive of 1300kms.
It's a good looking car and photos are looking pretty good as well. Looking towards your initial ownership report. Ford has definitely improved the suspension over the years.
mpp19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 07:53   #158

Quote:

Just for starters, I am in L-O-V-E with the color and the car. The gearbox is a breeze and I've driven it on broken roads too and full marks go to the suspension which just ridiculed the potholes even with 4 people on board and boot filled to the brim.
Congratulations & welcome to the "S" family! Looking forward to your ownership report. You had a concern about the adaptive guidelines feature not being included, is that confirmed?
justchells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 13:50   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justchells View Post
Congratulations & welcome to the "S" family! Looking forward to your ownership report. You had a concern about the adaptive guidelines feature not being included, is that confirmed?
Thanks for pointing this out. The car does have adaptive guidelines. But I don't know why during my PDI, they weren't working. But, all's well that ends well. Till now, I haven't found any annoying feature deletion except those already mentioned in my posts.

Cheers!
Old 1st June 2019, 15:23   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians,
Need your kind help regarding a issue in my Car.
While pulling out the pen drive that I use for listening music, a part of it broke and stayed inside the USB port. I am not able to take it out.

Here you can see the part that is lodged inside the port.
Attachment 1845759

Here is the broken SanDisk stick.
Attachment 1845760

Please help.
Quoting myself on an old post.
I could pry out the lodged plastic part of the pen drive with the help of a sim ejector tool and a blade.
First the orange/brown part around the ACC control unit+gear lever was pried open and pulled out. The ACC control unit comes out with along with it and leaves a gap from where the back side of the USB panel can be accessed. The USB panel is then pushed from inside and after it comes out, the connectors were released.
After some amount of prying with the sim ejector tool and a blade, I was successful and happy. Checked and fitted back.

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img_20190601_150346.jpg
The ACC control unit removed with the brown surround.

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img20190601145437.jpg
The tools

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img20190601145443.jpg
The broken part of the USB drive.

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img20190601145808.jpg
Connectors behind the USB panel.

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img20190601142621.jpg
USB panel with part number.

Thank you
Prakritij is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 19:13   #161

Anybody else on here heard the news that the prices were slashed on the 2019 model across the board? I mean nearly 50-60k diff for the Eco Boost on road, with just alloy wheel updated, am i only one thinking about YOY input costs and reduced prices not making much sense or did this cross any one else's mind..
Old 26th June 2019, 19:34   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanush DP View Post
Anybody else on here heard the news that the prices were slashed on the 2019 model across the board? I mean nearly 50-60k diff for the Eco Boost on road, with just alloy wheel updated, am i only one thinking about YOY input costs and reduced prices not making much sense or did this cross any one else's mind..
Hello Dhanush.

Yes, the prices were slashed by around 53k for the Ecoboost(Ex-showroom) which translated to around 65k price drop on-road in my location. It’s been a week since I took the delivery of one, and I feel it’s more VFM now, at least than before! The new 16” alloys and tires don’t look good, but hey, your mind is at peace now.

With the XUV300 doing good and Venue worsening things for everyone, Ford is feeling the heat and is getting desperate here.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 00:12   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
It's been a week since I took the delivery of one, and I feel it’s more VFM now, at least than before! The new 16” alloys and tires don’t look good, but hey, your mind is at peace now.
Congratulations for your S!
Can you please post a pic of the new 16 inch alloys you got with your car? Also, are there any other changes apart from this which you might have noticed?
Old 27th June 2019, 00:21   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations for your S!
Can you please post a pic of the new 16 inch alloys you got with your car? Also, are there any other changes apart from this which you might have noticed?
I must say, I’m not very fond of the new 16” alloys, but at least it puts my mind at peace(after reading about the notorious low profile tire issues). Otherwise, the S trim remains unchanged except for the price drop. I haven’t found anything that’s missing from the 2018 ES S. I feel that this has more VFM now!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-02befbed4c0e408c9a8f78b9ead74889.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-2c0cda0f29884a878be0f8458ecd9aad.jpeg  

pavanth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 11:13   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
The new 16” alloys and tires don’t look good
I have made a comparison of the old (17'') and new (16'') alloy design. Here it is,

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-image.png

The hexagon shape has changed if you observe clearly and the there is now bigger space between two hexagons. The older design looks great on the eye.
strawhat is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed