Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2019, 11:17   #136
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Has anybody fitted the engine guard(under the engine bay) on petrol/ecoboost EcoSport?

SA says the engine guard is only available for diesel models and can't be fitted on to the petrol models.
Isn't it just a bolt on work under the engine bay? Does it really depend on the choice of engine?

Please reply if anybody has fitted the same.
Thank you.
While purchasing my car, I ordered the sump/engine guard through my dealer. I even sent them pics of the plastic guard which I found in the world wide web and was available as an official accessory in previously. What arrived after a month was the same fabric guard found in the TDCI models. These can be seen hanging from underneath the older cars. I rejected it and they informed that the plastic one is not available as an accessory anymore.
I guess its just a bolt on job.
Some third parties supply these but haven't tried yet. Available in aliexpress IMO.
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 19:54   #137
BHPian

After a lot of contemplation and consideration, brought home an Ecoboost Titanium S.
Thanks to all those who have helped me with their valuable inputs.

Blueeyed.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img_20190406_182315__01__01.jpg  

blueeyed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 11:18   #138
BHPian

Quote:
After a lot of contemplation and consideration, brought home an Ecoboost Titanium S.

Blueeyed.
Congratulations!
The Titanium S in Smoke Grey looks nice.
BikerSuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 10:38   #139
BHPian

Quote:

Blueeyed.
Congratulations on your new car.
Do post your likes and dislikes and experiences.

To all,
How is the SYNC holding up for you?
Mine is acting up lately as the android mobile gets disconnected frequently and randomly. Connection through bluetooth is ok though but getting disconnected means Android Auto is unavailable when it does.
Old 20th April 2019, 23:18   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
To all,
How is the SYNC holding up for you?
Mine is acting up lately as the android mobile gets disconnected frequently and randomly. Connection through bluetooth is ok though but getting disconnected means Android Auto is unavailable when it does.
Have absolutely no issues with Android Auto and connection with the phone. Never gets disconnected by its own.
In your case, it mostly looks like an issue with the cable. Have you tried connecting with different cables? Suggest you do that and see. Worst case, it might be an issue with your phone's port.
BikerSuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 01:52   #141
BHPian

Comparison video by Overdrive for the sub-compact SUV segment. As per the video too, Ecosport still holds the fort when it comes to the ride and handling department.

tp_dominator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 07:16   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
As per the video too, Ecosport still holds the fort when it comes to the ride and handling department.
The main concern about Ecosport is it’s stiff ride quality. So while I agree about the handling department, I tend to disagree on the ride department. Ride quality is still not Ecosport’s forte.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:59   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The main concern about Ecosport is it’s stiff ride quality. So while I agree about the handling department, I tend to disagree on the ride department. Ride quality is still not Ecosport’s forte.
I will reserve my judgement on the ride quality till the time I get the delivery and experience it first hand. But handling is one thing which I presume all of us Bhpians unanimously agree upon it being the best in the segment.

Also, fellow Bhpians and owners, while doing the PDI for my vehicle, I found that the reverse guidelines were not adaptive to the steering input. However, while TDing it, I clearly remember, the TD car had adaptive guidelines which was of August 2018 make. Fellow owners do let me know whether your car has the adaptive or fixed guidelines.

If they do have adaptive guidelines, then one more feature deletion by Ford!
Old 23rd April 2019, 13:03   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Quote:
I will reserve my judgement on the ride quality till the time I get the delivery
Ride quality of the Ecosport is quite stiff and certainly not comfort oriented, there is no question about that. Its a trade off that you pay for since you get a well- handling CSUV. The mediocre ride quality is one of the reasons why, inspite of multiple test drives, I could not get myself to purchase one. The car has many good attributes, but ride quality is not one of them for sure. In this segment, cars with good ride quality are the XUV300 and the Nexon.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 23rd April 2019 at 13:23.
Old 23rd April 2019, 14:19   #145
BHPian

Quote:

Also, fellow Bhpians and owners, while doing the PDI for my vehicle, I found that the reverse guidelines were not adaptive to the steering input. However, while TDing it, I clearly remember, the TD car had adaptive guidelines which was of August 2018 make. Fellow owners do let me know whether your car has the adaptive or fixed guidelines.

If they do have adaptive guidelines, then one more feature deletion by Ford!
Mine was July 2018 make and purchased in August. It has the adaptive guidelines.

Got this "Camera is unavailable" error while reversing yesterday. It is the first instance and did not occurred today.
Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img_20190422_181128.jpg

On a side note, installed these CF inserts a couple of months back
Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img_20190423_091657.jpg

And CF scuff stickers
Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img_20190423_091708.jpg

Last edited by Prakritij : 23rd April 2019 at 14:28. Reason: typo
Prakritij is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 15:06   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine was July 2018 make and purchased in August. It has the adaptive guidelines.

Got this "Camera is unavailable" error while reversing yesterday. It is the first instance and did not occurred today.
Attachment 1870685
[/ATTACH]
I believe you need to switch off the rear fog lamps when reversing, the camera will be on in that case. It happens in my Aspire too (it has a factory fit rear view camera), & I switch on the rear fog lamps once I start moving forward.
Old 23rd April 2019, 23:01   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Comparison video by Overdrive for the sub-compact SUV segment. As per the video too, Ecosport still holds the fort when it comes to the ride and handling department.
According to them, Ecosport's steering wheel lacks feedback and is not enjoyable on corners. While listening to this, I was like - What are you smoking, dude?
HarshGtR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 23:18   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
According to them, Ecosport's steering wheel lacks feedback and is not enjoyable on corners. While listening to this, I was like - What are you smoking, dude?
Exactly my thoughts! This is the part where I felt that this video is sponsored by some manufacturer. But in the end, according to the points tally, seeing Ecosport win made me believe of its unbiasness.

Additionally, every car has its negatives and positives. So, after watching the whole video, I felt maybe the thing about steering was just the reviewer's perspective and it may differ based on a different driver and driving style. As far as I am concerned, I love this car, so every flaw is acceptable.
Old 7th May 2019, 11:47   #149
BHPian

Can anyone please shed some light on this:
The lower models have 65W H18 halogen bulbs and the S model has 25W HIDs whose illumination is lower than what I would like. What I intend to know is whether higher wattage bulbs can be installed or not.
In other cars, when we upgrade to higher wattage bulbs (halogens), we install a relay with ceramic holders to cope with the higher heat generated. Can we use the same wiring here without any modification/addition to install higher wattage bulbs?
Thanks

Last edited by Prakritij : 7th May 2019 at 12:00.
Old 7th May 2019, 19:14   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone please shed some light on this:
The lower models have 65W H18 halogen bulbs and the S model has 25W HIDs whose illumination is lower than what I would like. What I intend to know is whether higher wattage bulbs can be installed or not.
In other cars, when we upgrade to higher wattage bulbs (halogens), we install a relay with ceramic holders to cope with the higher heat generated. Can we use the same wiring here without any modification/addition to install higher wattage bulbs?
Thanks
Ecosport has D5S 25W HID bulbs. You can opt for 35W HID'S from Morimoto. They should work without any changes to existing wiring.

http://www.morimotohid.com/hid-bulbs...to-xb-hid.html

Last edited by suku_patel_22 : 7th May 2019 at 19:19.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks