Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 13:21   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 Plus (2.2L mHawk) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I saw a red and black dual tone TUV 300 Plus yesterday and a Red one today in Chennai. They looked so gorgeous!

Guess who's left fuming? (For the record, Mahindra had only silently launched the basic P4 version back when I was looking to buy...)
The website only mentions 4 colours (Silver, Black, Red and White) on the TUV300 Plus, with no Dual Tone options. How did you see a Red and Black Dual Tone TUV300 Plus, it may have been the <4m TUV300 and not the Plus model?
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 13:25   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
The website only mentions 4 colours (Silver, Black, Red and White) on the TUV300 Plus, with no Dual Tone options. How did you see a Red and Black Dual Tone TUV300 Plus, it may have been the <4m TUV300 and not the Plus model?
I am confident that it was the Plus version. The rear spare wheel was mounted right at the center, rather than the off-center mounting that the sub-4m TUV has. And, I did eye the extra room in the 3rd row's quarter glass area.

Maybe the TUV Plus' owner got an aftermarket dual-tone paint job done on it. A couple of accessories shops have offered to make mine a dual-tone car too.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 12:02   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
.......I do not think they made any money out of that incredible car.
Which is a pity! The RWD/RE Nano was, in my view, probably the most engineer-centric car to have come out of an Indian design studio. Almost all the others are clones of each other - FWD hatch-backs of one kind or another, apart from some of the SUVs (not the wannabe hatches-on-stilts-&-steroids). I've said this before, that small RE/RWD runabouts appeal to the deeps in many of us - one reason for the longevity of the original air-cooled beetle.

I think this is a logical place to mention that I've had to shelve - at least temporarily - my plans to buy the 300+. And go in for another Eeco in Lucknow (we have one in Mumbai) instead. It was a painful decision at the time but budgetary constraints (an expected windfall has been delayed) decided the issue. I've told the sad story at length in the thread "Maruti Eeco: Quick Test Drive".

Last edited by shashanka : 20th January 2019 at 12:06.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:09   #79
BHPian

My neighbour just bought a Red TUV 300 Plus P6. I saw it today first time under sunlight while I was washing my Aspire.

I am simply stunned to see the poor paint quality. Bumpers lack the glossy shine and feels like after market paint job. Body paint lacks the smoothness, feels like thousands of tiny waves are there all over.

He was asking me about what polish I used on my car as he too seemed bit unhappy about the paint quality when compared to my 20/21 months old Aspire. I didn't want to spoil his new car excitement so kept my thoughts to myself only.
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 11:41   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
My neighbour just bought a Red TUV 300 Plus P6. I saw it today first time under sunlight while I was washing my Aspire.

I am simply stunned to see the poor paint quality. Bumpers lack the glossy shine and feels like after market paint job. Body paint lacks the smoothness, feels like thousands of tiny waves are there all over.

He was asking me about what polish I used on my car as he too seemed bit unhappy about the paint quality when compared to my 20/21 months old Aspire. I didn't want to spoil his new car excitement so kept my thoughts to myself only.
Agree, I too faced similar situation with my black Tank. My wife saw a brand new i10 black and started comparing with my Tank, that color is not up to the mark with i10. We get what we pay. M&M is not known for it's paint job, but known for it's ruggedness, light on pocket maintenance and value for money. I owned a first generation Verna, and trust me it was very heavy on my pocket.

IMHO ford Aspire's red paint job is one of the best paint job's I had ever seen. It's cherry red and you can feel that it has thick layer of paint with eye popping color.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 09:12   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
I am simply stunned to see the poor paint quality......

It’s disappointing to read about the poor paint job on your neighbor’s red 300+. I’ve owned a noble black (metallic) Scorpio for over 14 years and its glossy glitter retained the original quality for years. It did not require a re-paint till our unfortunate accident (March ’17) on the Kiccha-Bareilly highway.
Perhaps M&M are treating this model with negligence (due to the Marazzo’s success perhaps?) and almost makes me feel relieved that I had to change my plans for buying the 300+.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 12:58   #82
BHPian

Tuv 300 Plus Propeller Shaft issue??

My TUV300 Plus bought in April 2019 has done about 3000 KM’s. Of late , while climbing up a steep road and changing to a lower gear , a clicking metallic sound can be heard below the vehicle. While engaging the clutch and pressing the throttle, the sound can also be heard. Talked to the ASS and they replaced a part called a Balancer. Alas, the issue remains and it is annoying. Escalated to Mahindra again and they promised to look into it after Dusshera!. Their response doesn’t inspire much confidence though.

Any guesses from forum members what the issue could be?
Old 6th October 2019, 20:22   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tuv 300 Plus Propeller Shaft issue??

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrogeek View Post
... they promised to look into it after Dusshera!. Their response doesn’t inspire much confidence though.

Any guesses from forum members what the issue could be?
Well.. seeing the vehicle first hand, hearing and seeing the symptom first hand has no replacement.

I'd suggest you wait for Mahindra guys to get back and sort the issue. After that, resort to the forum. Otherwise, ill-informed (Only because we don't have the complete info) suggestions will cloud your judgement.

That said, judging by what you've written, for an RWD longitudinally mounted engine, looks like a U-Joint issue. Just wait till the Mahindra guys do their diagnosis.
dhanushs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 17:17   #84
BHPian

Today the vehicle came back from the ASC. Here is what they said. They tested another Tuv 300 plus and it was also having the same issue. They said that the propellor shaft comes in contact with the mass balancer whenever the car is at an incline and hence the clicking metallic noise. That said they also mentioned it is not an issue and will not impact vehicle performance . Hence nothing was done and the vehicle was delivered to me !

In all honesty, I’m not so knowledgeable when it comes to mechanical issues. I request forum members who have an idea about this whether I should let it rest or escalate it to Mahindra?
Old 16th October 2019, 21:00   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They said that the propellor shaft comes in contact with the mass balancer whenever the car is at an incline and hence the clicking metallic noise.
Based on my limited knowledge, this just sounds wrong to me. Rotating parts touching in case of a specific repeatable scenario should have been addressed if its a know issue. Since TUV300 plus and scorpio share most engine/transmission parts, would make sense to check with Scorpio owners if someone has had similar issues.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 21:11   #86
BHPian

I owned a Scorpio S10 before this and have never faced any issue like this.
petrogeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:54   #87
BHPian

Here’s an update on my TUV 300 Plus

Yesterday, the Mahindra guys showed up at my place. Ran a diagnostic test on the laptop. Took some readings etc. Apparently, their team at the plant want those readings for further action. The issue I mentioned was also detected in another Tuv 300 plus as well. Will keep further developments posted.
Old 17th March 2020, 13:11   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here’s an update on my TUV 300 Plus

Yesterday, the Mahindra guys showed up at my place. Ran a diagnostic test on the laptop. Took some readings etc. Apparently, their team at the plant want those readings for further action. The issue I mentioned was also detected in another Tuv 300 plus as well. Will keep further developments posted.
Hello! Were you able to get to the bottom of this issue? Please do share your updates.
Old 20th April 2021, 14:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if anyone else noted this, but towards the end of the BS4 era, Mahindra sold the TUV300 Plus in only P4 and P8 variants with Intellipark Reverse Assist (Rear Parking Sensors), Dual Front Airbags, ABS with EBD and Speed Alert System as standard equipment, as per their Brochure. And was available in as many as 5 colours (Bold Black, Majestic Silver, Dynamo Red, Glacier White and Molten Orange).

Brochure Link:- http://www.mahindratuv300.com/tuv300...00plus.pdf?v1&
Old 10th June 2021, 09:36   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

...and the TUV 300 Plus will live on as a Bolero Plus, alongside the original Bolero product line:

New Mahindra Bolero Neo SPOTTED – What is it? - MotorOctane.
https://motoroctane.com/news/219620-...ted-what-is-it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks