Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 17th October 2019, 13:51   #136
BHPian

Default Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
There were no floor mats at all. Instead, I received the dark rubber mats as part of the accessories thrown in for free by the dealer.

Has this happened with anyone else too?
Me too.

I got delivery of my Ciaz on 08th October 2019, in Mumbai and the car did not come with the floor mats . As a part of my bargain I got black rubber ones free of cost, although I prefer the beige ones shown in the image.
King_pin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2019, 10:23   #137
BHPian

Hi folks! Looks like I will be buying a New CIAZ 1.5 Petrol MT by this year/Month end. I am pretty confused about the variant though.

I was wondering if anyone can provide first hand information regarding the Halogen Projector offered in Delta trim. How do they perform at night? Are they at par with their LED counterparts offered in Zeta? Is it worth going for Zeta only for LED H Lamps? Also, Please do tell how much KMPL I can realistically assume for a Sedate driver like me (<100KMPH, <3000 RPM)

Thanks!
Ry_der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:13   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
Hi folks! Looks like I will be buying a New CIAZ 1.5 Petrol MT by this year/Month end. I am pretty confused about the variant though.
Go for the Alpha variant if you can afford it. Else, Zeta is a great choice. It has got all bells and whistles, minus some fancy stuff, but at the right price.

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone can provide first hand information regarding the Halogen Projector offered in Delta trim. How do they perform at night? Are they at par with their LED counterparts offered in Zeta?
I have driven the Ciaz with halogen and LED set ups. The halogen projectors are very poor in illumination, to say the least. One will find the need to upgrade to better bulbs much sooner than expected.

The LED lamp setup on the Alpha and Zeta trims is far superior and can illuminate the road substantially better.

Quote:
Is it worth going for Zeta only for LED H Lamps?
Apart from the all-led set up, the Zeta trim also comes with alloy wheels, rear sun-blind, reverse camera, auto dimming IRVM, push button start stop, electric ORVM, etc. All these come handy in making life easier during the long term of ownership.

Quote:
Also, Please do tell how much KMPL I can realistically assume for a Sedate driver like me (<100KMPH, <3000 RPM)
KMPL depends entirely on driving style, terrain and road conditions. However, in urban conditions one can expect anywhere between 12-14 KMPL, whereas 18-19 KMPL can be achieved on Highways. On a good stretch of road, such as Belgaum – Hubli section on NH4, I could achieve about 23.2 KMPL, without fuss.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 23rd October 2019 at 12:16.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Go for the Alpha variant if you can afford it. Else, Zeta is a great choice. It has got all bells and whistles, minus some fancy stuff, but at the right price.
Thanks for the detailed response.

I would have gone for Alpha but honestly I dont think its VFM.

Quote:
Apart from the all-led set up, the Zeta trim also comes with alloy wheels, rear sun-blind, reverse camera, auto dimming IRVM, push button start stop, electric ORVM, etc. All these come handy in making life easier during the long term of ownership.
Honestly speaking, I do not fancy all those features. I would have preferred Sigma had my wife allowed it. I like my cars with less electronics. I will be going for Zeta only for Headlamps nothing else. If I can get satisfactory night performance in Delta, I dont need anything else from Zeta.

On the Bulb upgrade part, is it possible to get a decent performance upgrading to HIDs/Led bulbs in Delta projectors? Will it void the warranty eventhough its plug and play attachment?
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:48   #140
BHPian

Quote:
On the Bulb upgrade part, is it possible to get a decent performance upgrading to HIDs/Led bulbs in Delta projectors? Will it void the warranty eventhough its plug and play attachment?
The headlamp cluster housing is same across all variants. This will allow for owners to upgrade to the LED setup merely by an easy swap.

Since you are using a genuine Maruti spare and that being installed by Maruti authorized technicians, warranty should not be affected.

Hope this helps.
King_pin09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:55   #141
Senior - BHPian

I agree the Sigma, Delta variants make a very strong case for themselves. As per the Nexa dealer in Hyderababd, these 2 variants are not much in demand as people prefer the fully loaded Alpha variants. Hence these lower variants had much higher discounts on them last month(~80k off on Sigma vs. 40k on Alpha, pre-negotiations).

Quote:
Please refer these posts from the Ciaz (pre-facelift thread) where DBhpian Parag has described successful HID upgrade in the projectors and the results are very good. Delta retains the same headlamps which was available in the pre-FL Ciaz.

Since these upgrades are plug and play in nature, it won't affect warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You either need to trust someone who has done this on a Ciaz nearly an year before, that too after getting feedback from another Ciaz owner about it who has driven 75K Km or trust Amazon for compatibility .

This is not a modification, this is a retrofit as you are fitting H7 HID where H7 Halogen existed. Hope this clears your doubts.

Disclaimer : This fitment for both the Ciaz I am referring to is for the pre-facelift model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For the first Generation Ciaz that came equipped with Halogen bulbs with Projectors, I had successfully upgraded the headlights of one of my friend's car to HID with a conversion Kit from Osram.

Product Link as on today : OSRAM H7 HID 4300K

I went ahead for this based on recommendation from Bhpian speedsatya who had a Ciaz then and was a regular on ghats at nights under rains and fogs that he confirmed this as a good investment for better lighting. To me, that was a reliable use case than anyone else due to the driving destinations.

This was completely a DIY with the right tools including drill bits to make bigger holes to accommodate these bulbs. The final out come was more than satisfactory.

Post this set-up, we have done quite a few drives through the night and in rains and must say that the lighting has improved by a huge margin that you may not really require high beams for normal driving unless you want to flash and assess or indicate.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote