Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 3rd July 2020, 09:00   #151

Default Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Me too.

I got delivery of my Ciaz on 08th October 2019, in Mumbai and the car did not come with the floor mats . As a part of my bargain I got black rubber ones free of cost, although I prefer the beige ones shown in the image.
Did you buy the Alpha version? If yes, does this mean that our dealers somehow skimped on giving the mats to us? Because from the OP's post it seems like beige mats are part of the standard package with the top trim.
Old 5th July 2020, 23:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
Did you buy the Alpha version? If yes, does this mean that our dealers somehow skimped on giving the mats to us? Because from the OP's post it seems like beige mats are part of the standard package with the top trim.
Yes sir. It is indeed the Alpha variant. Perhaps these mats are separately traded as MGA at dealer level or could it also be that these mats are available on AT variant as mine is MT. I am clueless.
Old 5th July 2020, 23:08   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Yes sir. It is indeed the Alpha variant. Perhaps these mats are separately traded as MGA at dealer level or could it also be that these mats are available on AT variant as mine is MT. I am clueless.
Well, I bought the Alpha AT variant and I didn't get the beige mats. Would be great if others who bought the Alpha variants of the Ciaz could share their experience as well.
Old 8th July 2020, 13:56   #154

Just got home a pre worshipped 2019 Ciaz Delta which has run just 8k on its odo from a family friend moving abroad for dad for his commute from home to office(Devanahalli, Bangalore).

We had the car bottom out on a few occasions with no luggage and 4 medium-sized occupants even over the so-called scientifically designed speed breakers on the airport road. Is there an option to replace the soft suspensions on stock model with a harder aftermarket setup without affecting the warranty.
Old 8th July 2020, 14:12   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessierider View Post
Is there an option to replace the soft suspensions on stock model with a harder aftermarket setup without affecting the warranty.
There is a product named RogerAB. More details are here (Increasing the Ground Clearance) . Available on Amazon as well. 15 minutes installation/removal job. Just get it removed before giving the car for Annual service and get it reinstalled after the service.
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 05:31   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
There is a product named RogerAB. More details are here (Increasing the Ground Clearance) .
Thanks for the suggestion. I am concerned if this device could cause any damage to the suspensions or adversely impact the driving and handling dynamics of the car which could be catastrophic.
Do you have any idea on that?
Old 15th July 2020, 06:40   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessierider View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I am concerned if this device could cause any damage to the suspensions or adversely impact the driving and handling dynamics of the car which could be catastrophic.
Do you have any idea on that?
It will surely affect the spring characteristics and make the ride appear stiffer. However personally I'm not a big fan of such jugaads and would recommend swapping to better shocks/springs like Cobra/Eibach/bilstein etc. AFAIK, they have kits for both stock and dropped ride height.

That will be a proper job done!

By using spring buffers you are basically shortening the effective spring travel.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed