Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2020, 09:00   #151
BHPian

Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Me too.

I got delivery of my Ciaz on 08th October 2019, in Mumbai and the car did not come with the floor mats . As a part of my bargain I got black rubber ones free of cost, although I prefer the beige ones shown in the image.
Did you buy the Alpha version? If yes, does this mean that our dealers somehow skimped on giving the mats to us? Because from the OP's post it seems like beige mats are part of the standard package with the top trim.
Old 5th July 2020, 23:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
Did you buy the Alpha version? If yes, does this mean that our dealers somehow skimped on giving the mats to us? Because from the OP's post it seems like beige mats are part of the standard package with the top trim.
Yes sir. It is indeed the Alpha variant. Perhaps these mats are separately traded as MGA at dealer level or could it also be that these mats are available on AT variant as mine is MT. I am clueless.
Old 5th July 2020, 23:08   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Yes sir. It is indeed the Alpha variant. Perhaps these mats are separately traded as MGA at dealer level or could it also be that these mats are available on AT variant as mine is MT. I am clueless.
Well, I bought the Alpha AT variant and I didn't get the beige mats. Would be great if others who bought the Alpha variants of the Ciaz could share their experience as well.
Old 8th July 2020, 13:56   #154
BHPian

Just got home a pre worshipped 2019 Ciaz Delta which has run just 8k on its odo from a family friend moving abroad for dad for his commute from home to office(Devanahalli, Bangalore).

We had the car bottom out on a few occasions with no luggage and 4 medium-sized occupants even over the so-called scientifically designed speed breakers on the airport road. Is there an option to replace the soft suspensions on stock model with a harder aftermarket setup without affecting the warranty.
Old 8th July 2020, 14:12   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessierider View Post
Is there an option to replace the soft suspensions on stock model with a harder aftermarket setup without affecting the warranty.
There is a product named RogerAB. More details are here (Increasing the Ground Clearance) . Available on Amazon as well. 15 minutes installation/removal job. Just get it removed before giving the car for Annual service and get it reinstalled after the service.
Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 05:31   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
There is a product named RogerAB. More details are here (Increasing the Ground Clearance) .
Thanks for the suggestion. I am concerned if this device could cause any damage to the suspensions or adversely impact the driving and handling dynamics of the car which could be catastrophic.
Do you have any idea on that?
Old 15th July 2020, 06:40   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessierider View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I am concerned if this device could cause any damage to the suspensions or adversely impact the driving and handling dynamics of the car which could be catastrophic.
Do you have any idea on that?
It will surely affect the spring characteristics and make the ride appear stiffer. However personally I'm not a big fan of such jugaads and would recommend swapping to better shocks/springs like Cobra/Eibach/bilstein etc. AFAIK, they have kits for both stock and dropped ride height.

That will be a proper job done!

By using spring buffers you are basically shortening the effective spring travel.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 12:28   #158
BHPian

My family chauffeur driven Ciaz was recently rear ended near Chirag Delhi flyover while driving my mother back home from work. Though the hit was minor, the miscreants had a far more sinister plan (as they were in a group of two cars). one car hit our from behind and the other came in front and blocked the way. Then the driver of the front car got out of his car and started assessing the damage and was asking my driver to step out of the car (he couldn't see my mother sitting in the rear as she had her window frames drawn up but her laptop bag was kept in the front next on the passenger seat) My driver did some quick thinking and took a photo of both the cars and my mother rolled down her window and said that she is calling the cops to report the damage. As soon as she said that, both the cars made a dash for it and just disappeared from the scene.

Luckily, the police arrived on time and they were extremely helpful (my mother is a research scientist with the government and a covid worker) and the offenders were called to the police station within two hours. The police station incharge told us that this is a very common mode of crime were the perpetrators create a distraction and try to steal valuable items kept in the car. It was a valuable lesson for my mother as she had forgotten to keep her laptop and valuables in the trunk (as I have always told her). Since the damage wasn't much, we thought of letting it go and did not ask for an insurance letter from the police.

The next morning, I went to the car to assess the damage and this is what I saw :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-7cbe40d67d1d449f843775c951a2cc4e.jpg
As you can see, the damage wasn't much - there were two broken clip brackets on the right side of the bumper and a few scuff marks at the point of contact (mid bumper - barely noticeable on my dark coloured car)

This is when I remembered distinguished Bhpian

SS-traveller's

post about a bumper welding and repairing place in south Delhi. It was this post : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...new-delhi.html (Plastic bumper welding & painting - Vinod & Hassan (Zamrudpur, New Delhi))

I immediately called up the number mentioned in the post (Hassan's) and introduced myself as a Bhpian and even though it was a Tuesday, Hassan agreed to have one of his workers have a look at my bumper.

Reaching the place was a bit difficult and Hassan's workers had to guide me on the phone. Upon inspecting the bumper, he said that it is a small fix and would only require two new brackets to be welded on to the bumper. Here is a picture with the bumper detached (they take the bumper off and bring it to a shop inside the market, more on that later) :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-803d6884fe4a4f159048fdec7fd4888c.jpg

The bumper repair was quick and easy and he had the bumper back in no time. I think he spent more time in removing and re-installing the bumper than in repairing it. Damage to the pocket - just 300 bucks!

Here is how it looked afterwards :

[ATTACH=71eddbb3b42a4688896ee5293997d5f6.jpg]2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-ad89d1fcae5f4e92811ee8098ae4180f.jpg[/ATTACH]

1. Simple, honest solution and reasonable rates
2. Quality of repair is really good and the welded bracket looks and functions just as good as the original one
3. Fixes bumpers the correct way Vs. the more common way of holding them using screws! ( I would hate to have my bumpers held together by screws)

Dislikes :

1. No parking space - you have to park on the side of the road (sometimes on the pavement) and there is a constant fear of MCD officials coming to clear up the establishments.

2. And this is a BIG negative for me - careless handling of the bumper. The worker had removed my bumper and just kept it on the road (luckily my driver noticed it and picked up the bumper). Also, though I had instructed them to keep a cloth or newspaper below the bumper while welding - my bumper came back with multiple surface scratches which clearly showed that they just kept it on the rough floor without any protection.

The worker was apologetic about it and offered to rub out the scratches but I asked him not to as I will deal with it when I send my car off for its annual 3M treatment.

All in all, it was a good experience and saved me money and also brought my bumper back to its original shape (albeit with a few extra scratches). Would have given them 10/10 if they had been slightly more careful in handling my bumper. Would rate the experience 8/10 (one point deducted for scratches and another for the lack of organised work space).
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-71eddbb3b42a4688896ee5293997d5f6.jpg  

kunalsingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:59   #159
BHPian

Dear esteemed members, I'm taking my Ciaz for it's 20k/2 year service to M.A.S.S. (Nexa service centre ; Rana Motors, Okhla Phase 1). The jobs shown in the 20k service are as follows :

1. Engine Oil + Filter
2. Coolant
3. Brake Fluid
The estimate provided for the same (on the Suzuki Rewards App) is Rs.2655 before taxes.
I wanted to know if the Coolant and Brake Fluid are completely flushed or just topped up?

I will also be installing the PM 2.5 Cabin AC Filter (approx cost Rs.625 as checked on Boodmo) as I feel like it's a necessity with the current pollution levels in Delhi, and might also go for a rubbing and polishing add on to get rid of some deep scratch marks (courtesy of some dogs taking a liking to our car) and to maintain the dark blue colour of our car.
Old 24th October 2020, 21:59   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
Dear esteemed members, I'm taking my Ciaz for it's 20k/2 year service to M.A.S.S. (Nexa service centre ; Rana Motors, Okhla Phase 1). The jobs shown in the 20k service are as follows :

1. Engine Oil + Filter
2. Coolant
3. Brake Fluid
The estimate provided for the same (on the Suzuki Rewards App) is Rs.2655 before taxes.
I wanted to know if the Coolant and Brake Fluid are completely flushed or just topped up?
Coolant and brake fluid need to be drained completely and then fresh fluid should be filled up. Since you will be staying near the car, make sure they don't cut corners. Do make it a point to check clutch and brake pedal feel since that may go for a toss if the SVC don't bleed it properly. Do check it before leaving.

Quote:
I will also be installing the PM 2.5 Cabin AC Filter (approx cost Rs.625 as checked on Boodmo) as I feel like it's a necessity with the current pollution levels in Delhi, and might also go for a rubbing and polishing add on to get rid of some deep scratch marks (courtesy of some dogs taking a liking to our car) and to maintain the dark blue colour of our car.
Yes very much recommended. And I was fearing that it may reduce air flow, but there was hardly any effect on air throw. Just the blower noise decreased a bit.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 22:51   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Coolant and brake fluid need to be drained completely and then fresh fluid should be filled up. Since you will be staying near the car, make sure they don't cut corners. Do make it a point to check clutch and brake pedal feel since that may go for a toss if the SVC don't bleed it properly. Do check it before leaving.

Regards,
Shashi
Dear Shashi, thanks again. I'll make sure that they drained both the coolant and brake fluid completely before filling up. Will also overlook the brake bleeding myself. Regards,
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 12:48   #162
BHPian

20,000Km Service Update of my Ciaz :

So I took my Ciaz for its 20k Km/2 year service on Sunday, 25th October 2020 (Dussehra day). The workshop chosen was Rana Motors Nexa Service in Okhla which is my regular service centre since buying the Ciaz.

I had booked an appointment for 8:00am on the previous day itself (booked as early a slot as possible to avoid the Sunday rush) and was assigned Mr. Himanshu as my service advisor. Reached the premises at around half part 8 and he was ready and waiting for me at the entry.

Brought in the car with 17,247 Kms on the Odo. This is the first time our Ciaz's annual service is being done based on time rather than kilometres (thanks to Covid) :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0240.jpg

First step was an interior + Exterior sanitisation along with protective covers being installed on the steering, seats and gear knob :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0242.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0244.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0252.jpg

This was followed by an examination of the car by the Advisor and he took some pictures on his iPad to mark the cars condition :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0248.jpg

I was then taken inside and given a rough estimate along with a breakup of the parts and labour. I had gone through the service manual to check all jobs to be done in this service and had also checked the labour for this service on the Suzuki Rewards app (always well-prepared for these things as a Bhpian!). Mr. Himanshu gave me the estimate on my email :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0254.png

I immediately pointed out that the labour was much higher than what I had checked on the Suzuki App (Rs.4461 vs Rs.2660) and asked him to cross-check, to which he said that this was just a rough estimate which had been fed in manually and the actual labour would cost exactly what was updated in their system.

Checked the app again after 5 mins and saw this :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0255.png

The labour estimate and total estimate had been revised

Though in his defence, the Service Advisor never pushed me into going for any unnecessary extra add-ons (maybe he saw the TBhp sticker on my car haha) and just asked me once IF I needed to get wheel alignment and balancing done which I politely declined as I had just got it done at 14,XXX Kms from my trusted shop.

I then proceeded to the customer lounge and was happy to see that the service centre had taken good measures to ensure social distancing norms. Another plus point was that my car was assigned a service bay right in front of the viewing area and I could see the full service take place (I really appreciate this and I feel that we must be allowed to see exactly what is going on with our cars during the service) :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0257.jpg

This Nexa service centre has a procedure where the car is first pressure washed before being taken in for service. I think this is a good practice as it helps the technicians working on the car mechanicals by providing them with a clean exterior, engine bay and underbody and also keeps the service floor clean.

The first step was a general check up of all the lights and switches along with a windshield spray test to check the throw/reach of the washer nozzles (these adjusted on my car for better reach) :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0260.jpg

Next step was to remove the Air Filter and check it's condition. Mine was in good shape and did not need a replacement. Maruti recommends a change at 30,000km unless driven in dusty environments (our car is only driven inside city limits with good roads and rarely goes anywhere else except its daily office run). The filter (and housing) were thoroughly cleaned with pressurised air and then installed back.

During this time, I also requested Mr. Himanshu (my SA) to check for the PM2.5 Cabin Filter. It was available in stock and I asked him to have it installed in my car (this cabin filter would be a great help for me and my family during the upcoming Delhi winters with extreme pollution levels). Here are some pictures of the Filter for reference (this fits on the Brezza, Ciaz and S-Cross). Thanks to distinguished BHPian Leoshashi for sharing information about this filter:

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0262.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0263.jpg

Next step was to take off the wheels, after which the car was lifted up to check the suspension, brakes and underbody. The battery condition was also checked and topped up with distilled water :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0264.jpg

Next step was to drain the Coolant, Engine Oil and Brake/Clutch oil completely :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0270.jpg

The coolant reservoir was then filled with a container of fresh coolant (1L) mixed with around 3L of distilled water :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0278.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0279.jpg

This was followed by a fresh change of Engine Oil. Next, the Brake oil reservoir was filled with a container of fresh fluid :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0282.jpg

This was followed by a proper round of brake bleeding :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0284.jpg
The technicians then did a check of all the nuts/bolts with torque wrenches and did a final round of inspection before sending off the car for the final stage of cleaning.

90% of the work was completed now but the final cleaning would take a long time as there were a lot of cars waiting. However , the overall cleaning job was substandard at best (as is with any A.S.S) and the cleaners didn't forget to bless the car with healthy amounts of extra shiny polish material (which I absolutely hate).

I just chose to ignore this as we generally keep our cars clean with daily dusting + microfibre wash along with a weekly vacuuming and cleaning of the interiors. I was quite impressed by the quick turnaround time of this service (My job card was created at 8:48am and I had paid the bill and collected my gate pass at 12:10pm sharp!).

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0291.jpg

Here is a breakup of all the jobs done on my car :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0287-10.13.10-am.png

I was also very impressed with my service advisor, Mr. Himanshu as he was very prompt in attending to my requirements and concerns. He also arranged for a quick release of my car after the final cleaning (it's a herculean task to remove your car from the long line of vehicles waiting inside a cramped service centre) and called both the bodyshop technician and accessories person to help with two different queries of mine. Would recommend him for any BHPians who might want to get their car serviced at Nexa (please give my reference; Kunal Singh - Ciaz)

I bought these fabric mats from the service centre itself. I had seen these mats in the test drive car(when I was decided to buy the Ciaz) and had liked them very much but they weren't available at the time of delivery. I like the clean look of Fabric OEM mats. I have decided to keep them under my current 3D mats for now (which are wearing out and soon to be discarded) and will use them soon :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0292.jpg

Here is the part number for reference :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0293.jpg

And here is a picture of how they look :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0294.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0295.jpg

My total bill came to Rs. 7771/- which included the additional cost of the PM2.5 Cabin Filter (Rs. 625) and the Mats (Rs.1391). So the actual cost of the 20k Kms/2 Year service would cost Rs. 5755/- which I think is quite reasonable for a full size sedan with a once per-year service interval.

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0296.jpg

All in all, the Ciaz stands true to it's nature - A no nonsense, frugal, efficient and easy to maintain car that might be a little boring (for a Vtec fanboy like me) but its the perfect car to be chauffeured around in. Fill it - shut it - forget it, a true Maruti in that sense!

Update on Monday, 26th October :

Today was the day after Vijaya Dashami, and it's a very important festival for us people from the hills (my hometown is Darjeeling). There was a lot of running around to do with many pooja items, gifts, sweets, etc. to be bought and I put the Ciaz into good use. The car was smooth to drive and the brakes and gears were feeling good (BHPian Leoshashi had specifically asked me to check for the brake feel after service).

I was driving the Ciaz properly after a LONG time as it is driven by our driver 99.9% of the time. Everything was good however, I was getting really annoyed by this faint rattling noise coming from the rear-right side of the car (I then remembered having made a mental note of it a long time but it had completely slipped off my mind during the service). I'd initially thought that it was the seatbelt holder but that wasn't it. Also, the noise was very faint (can only be heard when driving without music and paying close attention) and I figured it was coming from somewhere near the base of the rear seat on the right side.

Only my driver and I could hear this side sound and no one else in the family had ever noticed it (being a musician, I do have extra sensitive ears ) and I decided to get to the source of it once and for all! Came back home and checked around the rear seat base for any loose items. I didn't find anything however, when I tried to move the seat base around, the right side seemed noticeably looser than the left - I then realised that it was probably a loose or broken clip that was causing this noise.

I took out the seat base (after working up a good sweat) and found the culprit :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0429.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0431.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0432.jpg

The right side clip has a small holder for the seat hook (which had broken off). This little part was moving around while the car was in motion and was making the rattling sound. The right-side seat base was also slightly loose due to this.

Dropped a message on my service group (During each service, your Nexa SA will add you to a WhatsApp group for any service related feedback or complaints with the Customer Care Manager, Service Manager and Regional Service Manager as members) and was offered to have it fixed early next morning.

In the meanwhile, I also opened Boodmo catalogue to check for the part number of the clip and found one with a slightly different design to mine(this was a single part plastic bracket without any metal attacher and looked more solid that the one I had in my car).
Link to the part : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-hook...973.1602061448

Once again, reached Rana Motors Nexa at 8am sharp (it's just takes 5-7 min from my place, provided I travel during off-hours) and Mr. Himanshu was waiting for me at the gate itself. I was impressed with his punctuality.

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0433.jpg

He immediately brought out the clips (both types) and a body-shop Denter along to fix the seat. I went with the full-plastic brackets (as seen on Boodmo) and the Denter also recommended the same over the ones pre-installed in my car.

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_0435.jpg

The whole exercise took under 10 mins and I was out of there by 8:30am. I replaced the clips on both sides and Voila! There rattling was there no more. Total damage to the pocket was Rs.12 haha!

All in all, I would say that my experience with Rana Nexa has been quite good and both my SA and the Customer Care at Nexa have been active in taking care of my littlest needs. I have realised that having a pleasant attitude (on our end) and a customer centric attitude (at the dealer's side) can go a long way in forming a positive and and lasting relationship.

Hoping for a similar kind of experience during my next service at 30k Kms/ 3 years.
kunalsingh is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 13:06   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lovely report, thanks for sharing.

Quote:
The workshop chosen was Rana Motors Nexa Service in Okhla which is my regular service centre since buying the Ciaz.
Thanks for the recommendation. Whenever I'm in Delhi, I'll keep this in mind. Till date I haven't been able to spot one decent workshop with ethical SA/skilled mechanics. Best part is, this service center is around 20 minutes from the place where I stay.

Quote:
I bought these fabric mats from the service centre itself. I had seen these mats in the test drive car(when I was decided to buy the Ciaz) and had liked them very much but they weren't available at the time of delivery. I like the clean look of Fabric OEM mats.
While they look elegant, be very careful not to step on them with wet footwear, ever! Then maintenance remains fair enough, where periodic vacuuming/dusting is sufficient.

I did this mistake in my car, and my driver side mat was almost ruined. Had to clean it thoroughly with Meguiar's APC and only then it could return to its former glory, else it used to resemble a jute bag.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 13:15   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Lovely report, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the recommendation. Whenever I'm in Delhi, I'll keep this in mind. Till date I haven't been able to spot one decent workshop with ethical SA/skilled mechanics. Best part is, this service center is around 20 minutes from the place where I stay.

While they look elegant, be very careful not to step on them with wet footwear, ever! Then maintenance remains fair enough, where periodic vacuuming/dusting is sufficient.

I did this mistake in my car, and my driver side mat was almost ruined. Had to clean it thoroughly with Meguiar's APC and only then it could return to its former glory, else it used to resemble a jute bag.

Regards,
Shashi

Thank you Shashi, yes you could give Rana Motors/S.A. Himanshu a try.

About the mats, I will be careful not to get them wet!
Even I'm extremely particular about clean mats and I'll put a set of flexible transparent-mats over these (I currently have 3D mats placed on top but they're wearing out and anyway tend to slip/move around while driving).
Old 28th October 2020, 14:05   #165
BHPian

Quote:

And here is a picture of how they look :

Attachment 2072374
Hi,

Nice detailed explanation of the 4th service. I liked the steering cover on your car. Can you please give more details regarding the same.

Regards.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks