Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2020, 14:09   #166

Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Coolant and brake fluid need to be drained completely and then fresh fluid should be filled up. Since you will be staying near the car, make sure they don't cut corners. Do make it a point to check clutch and brake pedal feel since that may go for a toss if the SVC don't bleed it properly. Do check it before leaving.

Yes very much recommended. And I was fearing that it may reduce air flow, but there was hardly any effect on air throw. Just the blower noise decreased a bit.

Regards,
Shashi

@leoshashi, how can one be sure that the service center guys actually drain the entire coolant and brake fluid before refilling? I strongly suspect they usually just top it up and bill the invoice for the entire coolant and distilled water. From my limited knowledge and understanding,the engine coolant mixture,once drained entirely, the car should be idled and driven for some distance to remove the vacuum which might have accumulated in the coolant lines right? I never see them doing this in my car but they say they change it every time. Any methods by which it can be ascertained as to whether they actually did change the coolant mixture?
Old 28th October 2020, 14:40   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi,

Nice detailed explanation of the 4th service. I liked the steering cover on your car. Can you please give more details regarding the same.

Regards.
Thank you smileline, the cover is just a generic one I bought off Amazon for a few hundred rupees (Rs.518/- in 2018). Just needed a basic one to protect the steering wheel from the daily rough by our driver. It was cheap and went well with the rest of the interiors, and has lasted well these 2 years.

Here's the link : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01N78JLOV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
kunalsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 00:57   #168
BHPian

Leoshashi , is this PM 2.5 filter available for 2015 Dzire ? I had mistakenly ordered Brezza cabin filter (OEM ones) from boodmo. Now they are being used to fill up empty space on my compound wall.

Let me take my Dzire to Rana motors this time. The ones in Ghaziabad are all useless. KAP , Regent, Rohan (From where I brought the car) are all subpar service centers. I have had horrible experience with KAP and Regent. In fact Regent guys dented the rear left door sill and applied primer without paint to cover that up. I saw it after few months as my Dad had taken the care for service.
ankitsharma is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 01:16   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Leoshashi , is this PM 2.5 filter available for 2015 Dzire
I have given measurements of different filters in my thread. You may measure yours and order accordingly.

Quote:
? I had mistakenly ordered Brezza cabin filter (OEM ones) from boodmo. Now they are being used to fill up empty space on my compound wall.
Why didn't you return it? That's one of the main USPs of Boodmo, of being able to return parts which you don't need.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 31st October 2020, 12:02   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Leoshashi , is this PM 2.5 filter available for 2015 Dzire ? I had mistakenly ordered Brezza cabin filter (OEM ones) from boodmo. Now they are being used to fill up empty space on my compound wall.
You can return items ordered from Boomdo (for a full refund) within 10 days from date of delivery. Please do so if you're still within the return window.

Quote:
Let me take my Dzire to Rana motors this time. The ones in Ghaziabad are all useless. KAP , Regent, Rohan (From where I brought the car) are all subpar service centers. I have had horrible experience with KAP and Regent. In fact Regent guys dented the rear left door sill and applied primer without paint to cover that up. I saw it after few months as my Dad had taken the care for service.
Yes, you can take your car to Rana. I would suggest booking an early morning appointment in advance (try for 8:00am, that's the best time and you'll get the Service Advisor's/Technician's full attention). Do ask the CCM for Mr. Himanshu and you can give my reference. They pay extra attention to TBhp member-cars for some reason
kunalsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:25   #171
BHPian

Thank you for the detailed service review. I start at Kottayam, Kerala and we do not have a dedicated Nexa service centre, The Nexa service centre here is as useless as the Nexa dealership. I am now going to a Non-Nexa dealer to get the vehicle serviced, which is slightly better.

I have a question for you. What is your feedback on the Ciaz headlights? I have LED ones and they seem to be grossly underpowered, especially in low beam.
born.4thnov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:49   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born.4thnov View Post

I have a question for you. What is your feedback on the Ciaz headlights? I have LED ones and they seem to be grossly underpowered, especially in low beam.
To be honest, I have not done a lot of night driving as this car is driven by our driver primarily. However in my limited experience, using the regular halogen projectors + fogs lamps (I always use both) during my night drives has been sufficient enough for me. However, a point to note is that most of the roads in Delhi-NCR are well lit and that helps massively.
Old 8th November 2020, 01:04   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born.4thnov View Post
I respectfully disagree. I would go so far as to say that the LED projector headlamps of the Ciaz are the best among all the mid-size sedans.

See what Aditya said about the headlamps in the official review of the Ciaz face-lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Powerful LED projector headlamps illuminate the road very well:

With high beam engaged, the throw is simply fantastic!
SgtRepeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 13:47   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Ciaz gets SmartPlay Studio Infotainment system:

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-smart-play.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 09:56   #175
BHPian

Got delivery of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Alpha AT last week Saturday. This will be our secondary car chauffer driven mostly used by my wife. Drove this car myself within the city post delivery entire saturday and sunday. After driving Tata Safari storme for almost 6.5 years and getting used to turbo lag, must admit loved driving Ciaz every moment. True VFM luxury sedan. Few pictures:

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_3201.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_3202.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_3203.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_3208.jpg

Last edited by lazybrain : 23rd November 2020 at 09:58.
lazybrain is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:16   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Got delivery of Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Alpha AT last week Saturday.
Congratulations! Wishing you lakhs of km of safe journey!

The purple is the rarest color in ciaz. I have seen less than 4 purple ciazes on road since 2015
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:22   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
The purple is the rarest color in ciaz. I have seen less than 4 purple ciazes on road since 2015
Thanks for your wishes. It not purple but pearl sangria red color. My wife loved this color and it took 4 weeks for them to deliver the vehicle. During PDI I verified and de-coded chassis number - the vehicle is November 2020 manufactured
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:29   #178
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification on the color. I though I got color blindness when other people started calling it Purple and I was going crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
It not purple but pearl sangria red color.
Anyways congratulations !!!
ankitsharma is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 19:49   #179
BHPian

2 years with the Ciaz petrol Smart Hybrid :

So our Ciaz completed 2 years with us this weekend. As a birthday gift, I thought of treating it with an exterior detailing and a new car cover. I also got the pollution under-control certificate renewed.

The pollution process was a little challenging as our car initially failed while being tested at my neighbourhood PUC centre (imagine this is a 2 year old petrol/hybrid whereas my 11 year old Honda City passes the test in under 10 seconds ) and I had to visit another centre the next day. I was then told that the testing machines have a problem in sensing the RPM of Maruti petrol hybrids. The process took a while and (after some unfavourable readings and lots of high revving), the PUC machine finally passed our car. I don't know if this is just a problem in Delhi-NCR testing centres or have other BHPians also been facing this challenge?

At the PUC centre :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1725.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1723.jpg

Pollution done, the next step was to visit Mr. Rajesh of Coverwell to get a new cover switched for the car. Our old cover had been serving us faithfully since the day we brought the car home (28th December '18). It had become battered and tattered after facing the harsh Delhi weather (and multiple tears due to stray dog bites) and needed to be replaced.

The experience at Coverwell has been documented in this thread : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4962507 (Review: Coverwell car covers)

Some pictures of the Coverwell cover :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1714.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1713.jpg

Two years in the harsh Delhi weather had resulted in multiple swirl marks along with some deep scratches on the hood (courtesy of a neighbourhood stray dog) and I decided to take the car a well deserved exterior detailing session. Went to 3M Car Care Adhchini and selected their "Paint Sealant - Advance" treatment for a complete paint restoration.
I have shared my experience with 3M in this thread : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...ml#post4963480 (3M Car Care - Adhchini, Delhi)

At 3M :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1729.jpg

After the paint sealant advance treatment :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1784-2.jpg

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1786-2.jpg

And here is how our Ciaz looks after 2 years and approx. 20k kms. It has been doing it's duty as our family car without a single complaint. It's reliable, easy to maintain and is still one of the most comfortable cars to be chauffeured around in. Hoping for many more years of trouble-free ownership with it :

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-img_1806.jpg

Last edited by kunalsingh : 29th December 2020 at 20:04.
kunalsingh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 20:04   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
imagine this is a 2 year old petrol/hybrid whereas my 11 year old Honda City passes the test in under 10 seconds )
You really keep your cars in pristine condition. Would be good to read a comparision between the two petrol giants (atleast in sedan category)
Suzuki's petrol engine is no slack as compared to iVtec however you would be the best person to point out the likes/dislikes in both.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks