Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2021, 13:06   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkyC0ffee View Post
Is there any possibility that a new generation model might launch in 2022?
Not a new generation, but a facelift. The most desirable feature will probably be the HUD (head up display) that MSIL is planning to first include in the upcoming new Swift.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:44   #197
BHPian

Greetings esteemed members, I was going through the service manual of our 2018 Ciaz 1.5 (petrol) and noticed that the replacement interval for the Air Filter is 4 years or 40,000kms as recommended by Maruti

Quite honestly, I feel like this is an unrealistically long interval as most other manufacturers recommend an annual change of the filters if not earlier. Could the respected members please share their opinions?

PS - Our family Ciaz is turing 3 years this year and has been driven close to 25,000kms and hasn't had the Air Filter changed till date ; always serviced at MASS by following the service manual.
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:58   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
I was going through the service manual of our 2018 Ciaz 1.5 (petrol) and noticed that the replacement interval for the Air Filter is 4 years or 40,000kms as recommended by Maruti

Quite honestly, I feel like this is an unrealistically long interval as most other manufacturers recommend an annual change of the filters if not earlier.
A 40k kms replacement interval has been the norm for all Maruti cars (petrol ones) as far as I know. And it works fine, don't worry.

If you drive in dusty conditions regularly and the filter is beyond cleaning during service, you request for a replacement earlier.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 23:59   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings esteemed members, I was going through the service manual of our 2018 Ciaz 1.5 (petrol) and noticed that the replacement interval for the Air Filter is 4 years or 40,000kms as recommended by Maruti

Quite honestly, I feel like this is an unrealistically long interval as most other manufacturers recommend an annual change of the filters if not earlier. Could the respected members please share their opinions?

PS - Our family Ciaz is turing 3 years this year and has been driven close to 25,000kms and hasn't had the Air Filter changed till date ; always serviced at MASS by following the service manual.

Really surprising, if it is so. General rule for the air filter is to clean after 10,000 km and to replace after another 10,000 km.

Please check the service record of your car, whether the bills show any filter replacement. If not, I will suggest you to change the air filter. It doesn't cost much, shall be around Rs. 600 - 700. On my SX4, it costs Rs. 545/-.

Edit: I stand corrected
Checked the manual of my SX4 Petrol (1.6 lit VVT). Here too, MSIL has recommended 40,000 km replacement interval. On paved roads, they recommend cleaning every 5000 km. On the dusty roads, every 2500 km. But in both cases, the replacement interval is 40,000 km. I have been changing the air filter at every 20,000 km all the while and feel that it is worth it.

Last edited by Rahul Bhalgat : 4th July 2021 at 00:07.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:44   #200
BHPian

Need some help here. I have a 2019 Ciaz (facelift) Alpha Manual Petrol. Lately, have been scraping the front bumper on bumps. The front bumper at its lowest is majorly scraped while climbing speed breakers.

In addition, the midsection is scraped as well when there are 3 passengers sitting in the back. At the SVC, the technician said this is common for Ciaz to have the midsection scrapped. Anyone here recommends some quick fix or
jugaad or something to avoid this?

Few suggestions that I recieved:
1) Install those spring/suspension TPU buffers. Not inclined much as I feel it will affect the dynamics of the vehicle during turns/corners or might affect stability.

2) Install 195 or 205/60/16 tyres instead of the 55 profile. Ride height will increase. Tyres are new - 15k on ODO, might consider when they are due for a change.

Any other help?
EshanS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:22   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EshanS View Post

1) Install those spring/suspension TPU buffers. Not inclined much as I feel it will affect the dynamics of the vehicle during turns/corners or might affect stability.

2) Install 195 or 205/60/16 tyres instead of the 55 profile. Ride height will increase. Tyres are new - 15k on ODO, might consider when they are due for a change.

Any other help?
I was looking for a similar solution couple of years back for my 3rd generation Honda City as it used to suffer from the same issue (both cars have soft suspensions). I didn't come across any other solution other than what you have mentioned above. I was planning to go for both, however since I had to move out of the country for a while, I sold the car. Last year, when I came back to India, I bought 4th generation Honda City which does not suffer with low GC issue thankfully from my 1 year of ownership so far.

I have heard good reviews on 'Rogerab' (option 1) on this forum. Please do check it out.
Old 7th July 2021, 08:53   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help here. I have a 2019 Ciaz (facelift) Alpha Manual Petrol. Lately, have been scraping the front bumper on bumps. The front bumper at its lowest is majorly scraped while climbing speed breakers.

In addition, the midsection is scraped as well when there are 3 passengers sitting in the back. At the SVC, the technician said this is common for Ciaz to have the midsection scrapped. Anyone here recommends some quick fix or

Any other help?
The suspension bottoms out under heavy load due to its soft setting. Increasing the tyre size to 205 might also result in sidewall rubbing during turns, which isn't a situation you would want to be in.

The best method currently is to get stiffer springs or get the RogerAb suspension buffer. Have been hearing good reviews about handling post it installation. Wont become a sports car, but nothing dangerous either.
Old 7th July 2021, 11:53   #203
BHPian

Quote:

Any other help?
What tire pressure do you generally keep in your car?
A friend of mine started keeping 32 PSI in all his tires and it somewhat helped him from scraping the front bumper.
For the mid section, you will have to either go with suggestions given by fellow BHPians or in the meantime cross speed breakers a little diagonally like many low slung car owners generally do.
Old 7th July 2021, 12:35   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
I was looking for a similar solution couple of years back for my 3rd generation Honda City as it used to suffer from the same issue (both cars have soft suspensions). I didn't come across any other solution other than what you have mentioned above. I was planning to go for both, however since I had to move out of the country for a while, I sold the car. Last year, when I came back to India, I bought 4th generation Honda City which does not suffer with low GC issue thankfully from my 1 year of ownership so far.

I have heard good reviews on 'Rogerab' (option 1) on this forum. Please do check it out.
Yes, I read too! But the thing is they are mixed reviews so far. Nothing concrete that yes this is better for the car and will not affect it in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
The suspension bottoms out under heavy load due to its soft setting. Increasing the tyre size to 205 might also result in sidewall rubbing during turns, which isn't a situation you would want to be in.

The best method currently is to get stiffer springs or get the RogerAb suspension buffer. Have been hearing good reviews about handling post it installation. Wont become a sports car, but nothing dangerous either.
Yes, will be evaluating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
What tire pressure do you generally keep in your car?
A friend of mine started keeping 32 PSI in all his tires and it somewhat helped him from scraping the front bumper.
For the mid section, you will have to either go with suggestions given by fellow BHPians or in the meantime cross speed breakers a little diagonally like many low slung car owners generally do.
Yes, 32 it is! Yes, doing it currently. My wife looked at me as if I'm drunk early morning by crossing the speed breaker in a snake pattern. Also, since I have noticed this during my drives, I have no clue how many times my wife has scrapped the bottom as this car is shared by both of us.
Old 7th July 2021, 23:46   #205
BHPian

Quote:
I won't wait that long, for me its cleaning it every 5k kms and replacing every 10k kms.
HEMIOrange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 19:56   #206
BHPian

Quote:
In addition, the midsection is scraped as well when there are 3 passengers sitting in the back.
The only resolution to this is to take the speed breakers diagonally than in a straight manner when car is loaded. Also reduce the speed below 10kph.
And in my experience it is the mid section of the car that scrapes due to long wheelbase rather than bumpers.
Front bumper will scrape when the wheels are going down over the obstacle.
Old 10th September 2021, 10:52   #207
BHPian

Ciaz clocks 3 lakh sales.

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-241773076_10158299434337727_5636239819072825197_n.jpg
Old 10th September 2021, 18:30   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Ciaz clocks 3 Lakh sales; Fastest ever in the Executive Sedan Segment!

- It took 84 months for Ciaz to cross the 3 Lakh units sales milestone. While Honda's City achieved the milestone in 144 months and Hyundai's Verna in 115 months!

2018 Maruti Ciaz Facelift (1.5L Petrol) : Official Review-1da610_a7162992925748a7b6ae1a0104d15ffc_mv2.jpg

Link
Old 15th September 2021, 08:11   #209
BHPian

Hi team, I have two quick questions regarding the MID and the stereo system. I don’t see the gyro screen in my ciaz and it remains blank. Is there a switch to activate that?

Similarly the manual for audio video unit indicates that the car diagnostics and drive info can be seen on the main screen, but I’m unable to find any setting to switch to that view.

Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 16:06   #210
BHPian

Quote:

Hi. I'm being a little off-topic from what you are asking. So pardon me for that.

I bought a used 2019 Ciaz a couple of months back but never got the owner's manual from the first owner. Now, I found a PDF online which is printed in April 2017 I suppose with part number 99011M79M09-74E.
I checked this manual and it definitely doesn't have all the things included in the facelift Ciaz.

After some research, I came across a newer manual(no PDF) with part number 99011M79M011-74E. I tried to get it from some of the workshops here but either they don't have it or they have the older April 2017 one.

Can you or anybody with a facelift Ciaz please confirm the part number of the facelift Ciaz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks